May 20, 2010
Posted: 10:25 AM ET
Kate Gosselin has been accused of many things in the past year, but laziness certainly isn’t one of them. In the four weeks since she was booted from Dancing with the Stars, the mother of eight has launched her new reality series, Twist of Kate and Kate Plus 8, and initiated a new gig as a special correspondent for ET.
“[It] has been extremely exciting to hold a microphone, and I found that I am loving this side of it,” Kate told PEOPLE backstage at Monday night’s Dancing with the Stars performance show, where she was conducting on-camera interviews. “I can talk. We all knew that, and so I really enjoy it.”
Though she finds it comfortable holding the mic backstage at the Dancing studio, the single mom also admits she still hasn’t gotten the hang of reporting from behind the ET news desk. “It’s something that I feel is like a challenge — sort of like dancing,” she said. “But I know I can conquer that one … the dancing, not so much!”
Adding “correspondent” to her growing resumé, which already includes reality-TV star, author, promotional speaker and mom of twins Cara and Mady and sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel, is all part of Kate’s plan keep herself active and focused.
While her day-to-day routine has certainly changed, Kate insists life hasn’t exactly slowed down since she retired her dancing shoes. “You’re going at the speed of light and suddenly you slow down to like the speed of a car … but I’m not any less busy at all,” she said, adding that she gets the same amount of sleep every night despite no longer being part of the competition.
April 26, 2010
Posted: 11:57 AM ET
by Lynette Rice
A spokeswoman for TLC confirmed an online report that Pennsylvania labor officials approved TLC’s request to film Kate and Jon Gosselin’s eight kids for the upcoming Kate Plus 8 specials. An official for the state Department of Labor and Industry said the right paperwork was submitted and “the proper steps have been taken and the kids are permitted for ‘Kate Plus 8.’”
The children are not expected to participate in Twist of Kate, a new TLC series debuting this summer in which the mother of eight will travel the country to meet families with challenges at work or at home and attempt to “walk a mile in their shoes.” In contrast, the series of Kate Plus 8 specials will focus on the divorced mom’s complicated home life, hence the need for approval from state labor officials for the kids’ involvement.
April 21, 2010
Posted: 07:41 AM ET
After a night of performances — from the tango to the fox trot — to songs from movies like Risky Business, Pulp Fiction and The Breakfast Club, another star contestant and their pro partner were sent home Tuesday night on Dancing with the Stars.
Keep reading to find out who it was …
It had been a struggle from Day One for Kate Gosselin, and now it’s finally over for the reality show mom of eight.
With a tissue in hand, she said, “To fans: Thank you for believing in me more than I believed in myself.”
(read more from PEOPLE)
DO YOU THINK THIS WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE? ARE YOU GLAD TO SEE KATE GONE, OR SHOULD SHE HAVE CONTINUED ON THE SHOW? WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
April 20, 2010
Posted: 08:14 AM ET
Kate Gosselin was horrible on Dancing With The Stars. There's no other way to say it.
She scored a 15, well below her nearest celeb competitors Chad Ochocinco and Niecy Nash, who both scored 18. Kate smiled more this week, but that didn't cover up her stiff foxtrot movements.
Judge Bruno Tonioli said Kate's pro partner Tony Dovolani would have been better off dancing with "a coat hanger." Carrie Ann Inaba compared her dance to the teacher's voice on Charlie Brown. Waa waa. Len Goodman said she did "a stroll," not a dance.
(Read More from USA TODAY)
DO YOU THINK KATE WILL BE KICKED OFF THE SHOW TONIGHT? WEIGH IN NOW AND LET US KNOW!
March 23, 2010
Posted: 09:30 PM ET
Kate Gosselin may have bombed on Monday night's DWTS - one judge compared her to a "shopping cart" - but she says she'll bounce back.
"I'm letting myself go and I'm diving in headfirst. Forget my insecurities - I'm just gonna have fun with it," the reality mom, 34, told RadarOnline.com in a joint interview with partner Tony Dovolani.
"My body and my brain were at war," she explained of her stiff performance. "It [was] like a whirlwind."
Gosselin says learning how to dance is more frustrating than "giving birth to sextuplets."
She built a rehearsal space in the basement of her $1.2 million Pennsylvania home.
"I do a little practice for them at night," she says of her kids. "Maddie was like, 'I'll only watch you if you don't scream this time!'" (Us Weekly once reported that Maddie snapped at her mom, "Mommy, you are mean!" after she yelled at her daughter for splashing her near a pool.)
October 28, 2009
Posted: 08:04 AM ET
Answering what she described as "any and all reasonable questions" on the Monday episode of "Jon & Kate Plus 8," Kate Gosselin refuted allegations she and her now-estranged husband Jon staged their renewal of vows in Hawaii, she insisted her kids were OK on the show - and she left the door open for a second marriage.
Despite all the troubles being a reality-show star has brought her, Kate also said she wants to stay in the limelight even after her show goes off the air. "I've done enough years on TV that I feel like it's a normal, comfortable, natural place to be," she said. "I'd love to be in a movie at some point, I'd love to be the voice of a cartoon character in a movie for my kids. I think that would be fun."
As for being married again? "To be honest, I don't know," she said when asked by a viewer. "I really don't want to be married again, but I don't want to be alone. The alone-ness is really alone." For the most part, the questions steered clear of the family drama. Viewers were interested in Kate's shoe fetish, and whether she's still clipping coupons.
August 17, 2009
Posted: 04:42 PM ET
***Regis Philbin will be a guest on Larry King Live tonight 9pm ET.
By Michael Langston Moore via Boston Examiner
Kate Gosselin just can't catch a break.
In a Tuesday interview on Live With Regis & Kelly, Regis asked the 34-year-old mother if she could ever envision Jon and herself reconciling.
“I can’t and won’t answer that–I keep certain things private, and that’s one,” a dejected Kate told the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire host.
Regis countered Kate's tight-lipped response with optimism.
August 12, 2009
Posted: 02:12 PM ET
After hearing that her ex reportedly romanced three twentysomethings in the span of just weeks, nothing should surprise Kate Gosselin. However, Regis Philbin managed to catch the reality star off guard Tuesday morning when she taped a segment on his show.
Insiders say that the interview, which airs Thursday on “Live with Regis and Kelly,” was meant to be light and fluffy in the wake of Kate’s “Today” show breakdown this week. But it turned serious when Philbin went off-script and bluntly asked whether Kate could see herself reconnecting with hubby Jon.
“I can’t and won’t answer that,” the uncomfortable octomom said, stating firmly, “I keep certain things private, and that’s one.”
Perhaps the 77-year-old host should have kept his opinions similarly discreet, but he didn’t. “I think you [and your husband] will get back together and live happily ever after,” Philbin said. “I think everything is going to work itself out — he’ll say he’s sorry, that he loves you and everything will be good.”
A shocked Kate had no response as the show cut to a commercial break.
June 22, 2009
Posted: 11:27 PM ET
Just when it seemed we were finally getting answers in the Jon and Kate saga, there’s more. Minutes after their special “announcement” episode aired, Kate and Jon released individual statements implying there’s much more to the story!
Kate Gosselin released the following statement to PEOPLE magazine Monday night:
“Over the course of this weekend, Jon’s activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children. While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children.”
Jon released his own statement to the magazine as well:
“This afternoon, Kate filed for divorce. Our kids are still my number one priority. I love them and want to make sure they stay happy, healthy and safe. My job is being the best, most supportive and loving father that I can be to my kids, and not being married to Kate doesn’t change that. This will be a difficult transition for all of us, but Kate and I will work out a schedule that enables our kids to have plenty of quality time with both of us at home in Pennsylvania. In terms of my marriage, it’s no secret that the past six months or so have been very difficult for Kate and me. We are no different than other couples and parents who are facing a crossroads in their marriage. I am of course deeply saddened that we are divorcing.”
Posted by: Showbiz Tonight's Brittany Kaplan
June 16, 2009
Posted: 08:55 AM ET
by Wendy Murphy, contributor to the dailybeast.com
Officials in Pennsylvania recently revealed that they are investigating whether the popular cable-television show Jon and Kate Plus 8 violates child labor laws. The identity of the person who filed the investigation is confidential, but plenty of people who believe the complaint raises a legitimate concern about the Gosselin kids' well-being are not completely convinced the whole thing isn’t just a publicity stunt. There's good reason to believe both things are true.
Most parents would never knowingly exploit their kids—but even the best parents will fail to see exploitation if they’re looking for it through a lens clouded by serious money. It’s hard to say whether Jon and Kate have crossed the line—but a few disturbing facts raise important questions.
The first episode this season was a banal bit about the sextuplets enjoying their fifth birthday. But past episodes have had some rather odd moments. Wait until the children get old enough to process the episode that showed them getting potty-trained. And how about when the kids we’ve seen picking their noses and having meltdowns become teenagers and have to deal with the cruelty of middle-school bullies with a lifetime of ammunition thanks to YouTube.
Mundane, sweet shows about large family life only last so long. The competitive series 18 Kids and Counting will surely get the ax unless one of the scary perfect Duggar cherubs pierces a body part, touches a body part, or at least mentions a body part real soon.
Go Behind The Scenes
LARRY KING LIVE'S Emmy-winning Senior Executive Producer Wendy Walker knows what it takes to make a great story.
With anecdotes, provocative emails, scandals, show transcripts and insights into Walker's long working relationship with Larry King, her new book PRODUCER issues readers an invitation to listen in on the most intriguing conversations on the planet.