May 7, 2010
Politics is King: Early Mother's Day Gift to you!
Posted: 12:56 PM ET
The week in politics began in a frenzy, with the focus on Times Square in NYC after an attempted car bombing plot was thwarted and the suspect arrested. Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico, oil continues to spew out with hopes it will be under control early next week.
While you may have been paying close attention to these 2 big political stories, we're here to make sure you don't miss out on these other ones.
Also – heads-up – Mother's Day is this Sunday so don't forget to call Mom!
1. One famous mother had her first tweet this week – and her office says it could possibly be her last. CHECK OUT WHO IT WAS! (Politico)
2. Another famous mama is heading to DC this Saturday night to attend the annual 'Ball on the Mall.' Are you more curious about WHO THIS WOMAN is, or what the 'Ball on the Mall' is? (The Hill)
3. Domestic sex trafficking of children was on the mind of THIS HOLLYWOOD MOM when she came to DC this week, meeting with members of congress. (The Hill)
4. If you wanted to meet THIS FORMER FIRST LADY, you had to show your Costco card. (Yeas & Nays)
5. What should President Obama give Mrs. Obama for Mother's Day? 60% of America THINKS THIS, while 9% thinks the best gift he can give her would be to weed the garden. (US News)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FROM LKL!
Posted by: LKL Producer Eleanor McManus, LKL Producer Hunter Waters
Go Behind The Scenes
LARRY KING LIVE'S Emmy-winning Senior Executive Producer Wendy Walker knows what it takes to make a great story.
With anecdotes, provocative emails, scandals, show transcripts and insights into Walker's long working relationship with Larry King, her new book PRODUCER issues readers an invitation to listen in on the most intriguing conversations on the planet.
King of Hearts
Saving a heart a day is the goal! Learn more about the Foundation and it's efforts to help the uninsured
Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.