CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 10, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: Corey Feldman on LKL Tonight!

Posted: 03:47 PM ET

Corey Feldman will be our EXCLUSIVE guest tonight on LKL, remembering his best friend Corey Haim.  Here's a look at their LKL appearance in 2007.

Filed under: Entertainment • Larry King Live

IKHAN   March 10th, 2010 4:30 pm ET

Hi Larry,
Vice President Joe Biden says "US is not going to play favorites between Israelis & Palestinians".
Easier said than done Mr.Vice President.
I bet the lobbies & pressure groups at home & in the Congress would make you eat your words pronto. Unless of course there is a tacit understanding with them that its simply paying lip service to the peace process.
The problem,Larry, is that our leadership has never been able to decide between getting this issue resolved & attain permanent peace in that region OR keep pandering to these special interest groups.
The politicians would never sincerely get to this & would always go for the status quo that is -keep playing favorites & continue with our lopsided foreign policy.
However for the sake of the future of our kids & grand kids who we want to see grow up in a better & peaceful world, we the American people can help politicians decide between choosing peace or playing favorites, but would we ??

A. Smith, Oregon   March 10th, 2010 5:40 pm ET

Yet another 'legal' drug abuser? What do you expect when you take 85 downers a day?

In a 2004 interview with Britain's The Sun, the actor spoke candidly about the history of his drug use.

"I was working on 'Lost Boy's when I smoked my first joint," he told the British tabloid in 2004. "I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack."

A stint in rehab led to an addiction of prescription meds, including stimulants and sedatives such as Valium, the actor claimed.

"I started on the downers which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck," he told the newspaper. "But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day."

Just like with Micheal Jackson, I would have liked to see what you had done with the remainder of your lifespan. Such talent, and a sad waste.

Maria Copelli   March 10th, 2010 5:48 pm ET

A.Smith Oregon ,please leave Michael Jackson alone,your comments are unpleasant as regards Michael.He had problems understandably ,in the 90s he sought help ,and turned it around.Please do not buy into the medias frenzy ,and stories as regards Michael .As Michael said 'It's not factual'.Enough is enough! Respectfully ,said ...Maria C.

Lilarose in Bandon, OR   March 10th, 2010 6:49 pm ET

Larry, your ad for today's program about Haim's death refers it to it as "untimely."

This is a misnomer–there is never a "time" for death until it happens.

He might have had a young death or an early death, but when it is our "time" it is our "time," and that is not "untimely."

Judie   March 10th, 2010 6:52 pm ET

When ever I remember the 80"s I think about both Corey's they were a duo to me. RIP Corey Haim your problems are over now.

Mike P   March 10th, 2010 7:02 pm ET

🙂 I hope no one is trying to say that Corey became a crackhead because he first smoked a joint on the set of lost boys, and one thing led to another... I just find it amusing that marijuana is still illegal, while the vast majority of people are still consuming pills and alcohol at an alarming rate, seemingly 'cause, welp its not illegal, it would be outlawed if it was bad for ya...lol...way to instill a false sense of security there Government...ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS

TOBACCO ........................ 400,000
ALCOHOL ........................ 100,000
ALL LEGAL DRUGS .............20,000
ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS ..........15,000
CAFFEINE .........................2,000
ASPIRIN ...........................500
MARIJUANA ...................... 0
--------------
Source: United States government...
National Institute on Drug Abuse,
Bureau of Mortality Statistics

Just legalize it already...

MourningMJ   March 10th, 2010 7:05 pm ET

Maria/Judie- WELL SAID, thank you!

A SMITH-

You beg for attention and your posts are verbose and cruel. I suppose this is why you probably have little social contact with others, because you do not like yourself and often find yourself blogging in virtual reality. That is quite a shame. What disease do you suffer from? Perpetual as**ole-ism?? Do not act as if you are some bleeding heart Michael Jackson fan- you have posted so many violent posts in his name in that blog on multiple occassions, now you are, in a sad attempt, using Corey Haims death to compare to Michael Jackson's?? you should stick to political blogging... You have your facts all wrong, as usual, and the funny thing is, no one even cares enough to bother to correct you.

Amber, Denver CO   March 10th, 2010 7:08 pm ET

This is a sad day for Hollywood. However for anyone that watched the A&E show the Two Coreys, this does not come as a surprise. It is very sad, that after seeing how tormented Haim was that he could not be saved from his battles with addiction. As a fan, I was really hoping to not hear of his death but sad to say, it does not come unexpectedly.

A. Smith, Oregon   March 10th, 2010 7:33 pm ET

@ Micheal Jackson is Alive, did you think Micheal Jackson died from old age or from a drug overdose? Are you that deluded?

A. Smith, Oregon   March 10th, 2010 7:45 pm ET

@ Mike P, I fully agree.

The US Constitution was written on HEMP PAPER, Paper that was made from Marijuana plant fiber. Currently the US would have to beg China for Hemp Paper in order to write the US Constitution, ironic isn't it?

During WW2 the US Govt. urged and begged Midwest Farmers across the US to grow Marijuana for the war effort to obtain Hemp Rope. Campaign banners spouted up everywhere proclaiming 'HEMP FOR VICTORY'.

Here in the West, countless homes and farm's have been seized by brutal Sheriff's who sold them on the Sheriff's auction's to their own cousins for penny's. Car's, trucks were seized over mere suspicion of transporting marijuana and it was nearly impossible to get back money, autos and land seized even when it was entirely obvious the suspects were innocent.

After three decades of police brutality's, fear, threats and deaths by the heavy handed Sheriff's of Nottingham upon American law abiding citizens living in the Pacific Northwest, the law abiding citizens are turning back the horrific tide of 'legal violence' unleashed upon them, their neighbors, their homes and their private business's.

We don't need any more senseless fear busting down innocent neighbors doors in the middle of the night, we don't need any more minority's pulled over by paranoid Sheriff's who throw all of their vehicle belongings out into the street under the guise of 'searching' their car. We need the New's Media to tell the horrific and often brutal Police agency's 'HELL NO, we will not accept your 'legal' police violence any more'.

California and other States are voting for full legalization of Marijuana, much like the United States had and enjoyed for the majority of its existence without any problem whatsoever. It is time to outlaw the insane violence by the Sheriff's, and legalize Marijuana once again.

CHM   March 10th, 2010 8:15 pm ET

I see nothing negative about A. Smith's comment about Michael Jackson. As a fan of MJ myself, I would prefer to focus on Corey Feldman and why he turned his back on MJ. That was, of course, until the funeral when he appeared to be MJ's best friend.

Maria Copelli   March 10th, 2010 10:18 pm ET

CHM,Mr.A. Smith has a habit lets say of being unkind as regards his comments toward Michael Jackson.This comment is just one of afew ,that A.Smith has posted.So ,maybe that's why we ,feel the need to comment back to him,in Michael's defense!It would appear that so many who appeared on the red carpet ,and even the funeral,were no where to be seen when Michael was ridiculed ,called names,photograhed in the most humiliating ways,hancuffed as if he were a 'serial killer' as it were,his n home ransacked as if he were hiding who knows what ,in the minds of the 'Powers That !!!!!!An American DISGRACE!Many were aquaintances ,but few and far between were really there for him,when he needed them.
I can understand your concerns .....And I say this with LoveMaria C..

michelle   March 10th, 2010 10:37 pm ET

So sad. All these young actors and actresses with their lives cut short.

Brianna   March 10th, 2010 10:43 pm ET

They're funny. Corey Haim was such a cutie, such a nice guy 🙂

Rest in Peace Corey...I will remember you.

Shannon D.   March 11th, 2010 2:14 am ET

Today was very sad to me waking to the news that Corey Haim passed away. He was the apple of my eye as a teen. I remember anticipating License to Drive to come out and hanging his posters all over my walls. II think that it is sad that he struggled for so many years. We all have demons some beat them and some don't. RIP Corey Haim you are at peace now.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   March 11th, 2010 3:40 am ET

Isn't it a fact that Marijuana usually leads onto stronger illegal drugs and it is not called dope for nothing.

Mike P   March 11th, 2010 4:14 am ET

Fact...lol...tell me, where do i find such fact...

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   March 11th, 2010 5:36 am ET

Why I said it is not called "dope" for nothing.........I mean doesn't it actually really make you dopey.........in that it fuzzes your brain up and you can't think clearly..........and you can even end up not being able to function properly at all. It can debilitate you.

I know it is classed at the lower end of the illegal drug scale.......but don't be fooled, I'm sure it is addictive never-the-less.

Take tobacco smoking...........it was considered glamorous blah, blah......you would have thought it was harmless. Well how wrong can one be. It is now one of the most addictive and dangerous drugs. Its damaging effects are not immediately apparent like the street drugs or some other drugs. But damaging none-the-less, sooner or later.

Can you honestly say that marijuana is better than tobacco. I would probably doubt it. They are all bad in their own way. The best thing is to stay away from them........prevent is better than cure.......in other words. Don't touch them..........avoid them like the plague.

I know easier said than done...........that some people have more addictive personalities than others. It takes willpower. It usually starts in youth...........don't experiment with these things.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   March 11th, 2010 5:39 am ET

@Mike P

Do your research. There are books out there and right here on the internet if you looked, for your information. Stop trying to promote this stuff.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   March 11th, 2010 5:48 am ET

Yeah Mike P, you find something like this to laugh about. You probably wouldn't see the facts if it was staring right at you in the face, I think.

Mike P   March 11th, 2010 2:20 pm ET

@ Jessie, listen little kid, what you said sounds good, but all your doing is repeating things you've heard. you say you honestly think that marijuana is more harmful than tobacco, and in the same breath stating how addicting tabacco is...lol...thats right, its as hard to quit nicotine as it is heroin... Marijuana is not addicting, habit forming?, I can accept that, but you'll have to agree w/ me that there are alot of things that are habit forming i.e..food...lol. What else, how about sugar, caffine, shopping...lol so if you want me to think that im wrong and that marijuana is this super powerful narcotic, your mistakin...
you never answered my question, where do I find the FACT that marijuana leads to harder drugs, like you stated earlier?... The fact is that the only reason you could even begin to call it the gateway drug, is because its found in the same circles...i.e.. the shadows of society. You continue to call marijuana a drug and call it illegal, thats not going to keep people from using it, but unfortunatly a by product of that is that they are cast away from society in one fell swoop, so everybody that uses 'illegal' drugs is in the same boat. Kinda like the prison system...just because you embezzled some money somewhere, a non-violent crime, doesnt mean that your cellie is not going to be a murderer or a rapist...your, at that point, all classified as the same, prisoners.
The fact is the gateway drug is marijuna, but alcohol. " hey son, go get your dad a beer". How many times are you gonna do that before you realize that dad has no idea how many beers are in the fridge, and true, at that point, you might take 1, just for a sip, and throw the rest away, cause lets face it, beer is disgusting. That doesnt mean that you wont try alcohol again, first before you try any other drugs, why?, because its legal, so it cant be that bad, right?...The fact is you lose your inhabitions when you drink, you forget- you blackout whats happening. You say to yourself, 'hey, I can drive' and what happens you speed down the highway because "hey, i got this", and collect a minivan full of a family on their way to or from dinner, everyone dies on impact... The fact is marijuana doesnt even cause lung cancer, you know your limits, when your overintoxicated, you dont drive...simple....answer me this, how many accidents and deaths annually are caused soley by marijuana?, none...so do the world a favor and pull your head out of your backside, you fruitcake...I guess we should just keep marijuana illegal, while we impower the illegal gangs because of it, as well as giving the public a false sense of security...lol...your a joke....so yeah, I'm saying that marijuana is better for you that a cigarette, a beer, or even a bic mac for that matter, and pist guess what, it even has positive effects, but dont tell any one...Anytime they try to form a study to probe for positive effects of marijuana, it somehow doesnt get any finacial backing from our government.... only if its a study showing how horible it is...lol go crawl under a rock you kiwi, or come here, because evidently, you think that the American government can do no wrong...lol...ok...have you seen the past ten years...lol...yup we got it all figured out over here...

Cajazz76:24:8   March 11th, 2010 3:15 pm ET

Jessie from Auckland NZ

Without a dissertation on advocacy over legalization or the continued incarceration for drug USE, I merely offer ilk (adj.) rebuttal to all vices, for instance religion. More people have died in the name of your unknown than have overdosed and died on drug's, a verifiable statistic and one that leaves this conclusion...inquisition.

Inquisition, a noun mean to inquire or question, became a 600 year debacle of murder and mayhem to 'root out' heresy within a certain religious order, and not unlike, actually exactly like, most religion's do today, vices just the same Jessie..".It is better to light one candle than to curse the dark"...Chinese proverb. Use that light to view the truth, as we now it, and to search beyond what we know or have been inspired to retain as factual.

What we believe today can be false tomorrow..what and whom we trust in today can be deceitful and an enemy tomorrow...remain open and fluid in opinion. Later Jessie..

Cajazz76:24:8   March 11th, 2010 3:29 pm ET

@Mike P

No need to denounce Jessie from Auckland NZ, 'as little kid'. He is offering from his heart his belief's, as are you. Debate him as rigorously as you desire, your information can be substantiated or rebuked just the same as his. Nothing to form the catalyst for war over... personal attacks.

One thing Mike P..It is more than verifiable that tars from smoking marijuania are far worse than tobacco. While methods to prevent that ingestion is available, most user's do not take it into consideration.

I agree the law and it's penalties are far greater than the so-called 'crime'.

Mike P   March 11th, 2010 5:31 pm ET

@ cajazz your right, sometimes I get carried away. And I agree w/ you, I have also heard that marijuana has up to 7x the tar... But, and I have no scientific basis or backing for this, it's different... Our bodies somehow "deal" with the tar in marijuana better, than in tabacco i.e.. we are able to cough it up, or it breaks down easier- not becoming clogged in our lungs... I mean, when I was in high school there were alot of people on the track team that smoked marijuana, none smoke cigarettes... I mean do I really need to say it?, Remember Michael Phelps?...lol... For what ever reason, you dont lose your wind, when smoking marijuana...and I would like to know why, But of course, as I opined earlier, our ( USA ) government doesnt like to grant any monies to research any benifecial property's of marijuana, and the few studies that have been done, seemingly to prove the governments propaganda, that do prove anything worthwhile about the plant, its always the same...lol..." results were inconclusive"...lol...funny that anytime you boast of a negative side effect, results were spot on...lol

Mike P   March 11th, 2010 5:35 pm ET

and again, Im sorry Jessie, I didnt mean to make it personal. There is no room for that, and I was wrong.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter