CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

February 19, 2010

Former PGA golfer Nick Faldo on LKL tonight!

Posted: 03:38 PM ET

The apology from Woods - which was broadcast around the world from the headquarters of the PGA Tour in Florida - was the first public statement from the American golfer since the 34-year-old admitted to "transgressions" following a Thanksgiving car-crash.

However,  Faldo said the comments had done little to answer key questions: "It was a pretty complete apology and very embarrassing for him, to take the world stage and to apologize for what he has been up to.

"However, he still left the big question that we as golfers all wanted to know and that's when he will come back to the course.

(read more)

**NOTE** In addition to Sir Nick Faldo, we'll be talking with Dr. Drew Pinsky, Sportscaster Jim Gray and former NBA star John Salley – all on Tiger Woods' comments today! Tune in at 9pmet

Filed under: Larry King Live • Tiger Woods

fanPoland   February 19th, 2010 3:53 pm ET

O:-)

fanPoland   February 19th, 2010 3:54 pm ET

0:-)

fanPoland   February 19th, 2010 3:54 pm ET

x-)
x-(

fanPoland   February 19th, 2010 3:55 pm ET

😮

fanPoland   February 19th, 2010 3:55 pm ET

😀

jason   February 19th, 2010 4:24 pm ET

MEDIA--LEAVE TIGER ALONE. WHAT ARE YOU WANTING TO ASK HIM???? HOW MANY TIMES AND WHERE HE HAD SEX???? THIS IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS. YOU MEDIA ARE """"SICK"""".

Jennifer   February 19th, 2010 4:26 pm ET

MEDIA, let tiger alone. LET HIM PLAY GOLF AND HEAL HIS MARRIAGE. YOU MEDIA ARE SICK --YOU KEEP SHOWING HIS MISTRESSES TO HURT HIS WIFE .

M.A.D.avis   February 19th, 2010 6:12 pm ET

Headline News: Tonight on Larry King Kong Live, Tiger Trumps Dalai Llama
Please count the number of times Tiger uses I, me, mine, myself or you, them, they compared to ever saying we, us, ours... “I'd” bet if all me and you possessive words were taken out, they script would have half the text. "I'm curious for my own information..."

Angela Savage Austin   February 19th, 2010 6:41 pm ET

From a child's heart...the cub behind the Tiger shared his struggles with us. I pray that all goes well for him and his family/friends. WE ALL STRUGGLE WITH "relationships"...BE THEY WITH OUR... Spouses, Children, Friends, Community /Church associates and Neighbors, even our Enemies. I understand that when our lives are out of order with God's will, we become broken spiritually....we all have, and we all struggle. So think first each time you speak or act....and remember how you relate to God is how you relate to yourself and others

james   February 19th, 2010 7:32 pm ET

@M.A.D.avis,
I think he primarily referred to himself because he is solely responsible for his situation. Should he have incriminated others? I think he made it about "him" and "his" wrongdoing, not about "his" being the victim and not about someone else being at fault.

DR GARY   February 19th, 2010 9:06 pm ET

NICK SAID, Six-time former major champion Nick Faldo has said that "big" questions surrounding the future of Tiger Woods still remain despite the world number one apologizing for his "irresponsible and selfish behavior" in a public statement on Friday.
My question for NICK is. Do you have any skeletons in your closet? AT LEAST HE HAS COME FORWARD AND CONFESSED HE WAS WRONG. I MIGHT ADD. Nevertheless DON’T JUDGE or cast more shadows on him. He’s publicly confessing his sin. AND THAT’S A STRONG PERSON TO DO THAT. James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 19th, 2010 9:48 pm ET

Please golfing world and other media..........be understanding of Tiger and what he's going through at the moment. Respect his privacy. It must have been hard for him to do this public apology. He needs forgiveness.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 19th, 2010 10:05 pm ET

Stop dragging Tiger and his family through the mud. Stop!

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 19th, 2010 10:09 pm ET

Look.........at least Tiger is owning his problem.........that says something.

Barb   February 19th, 2010 10:18 pm ET

I found it laughable how angry he got about what the media is putting his family through. I do agree...however, what about you Tiger...what about what YOU put your family through. Perhaps he should have thought about that...his actions certainly showed that he never placed any importance on his family. Maybe he's changed...I hope he has...that just really jumped out at me when he spoke.

Ellen Barker   February 19th, 2010 10:34 pm ET

I have a comment – how does a guy who enjoyed that many women for that long EVER go back to being with just one woman for the rest of his life......I highly doubt that is possible......he will always be remembering his dalliances.........

M.A.D.avis   February 19th, 2010 10:37 pm ET

Hi James! You are correct! Consider listening again and count "I" statements. Was visualizing a teacher using a red pen on hard copy noting a self-centered context he suffers. After a few minutes "I/My" statements distracted from core message. I'm glad, I'm not the one where I would be judged by my use of so many I statements in my attempt to state my case to my fans, my family, my friends, my sponsors, my oh my that was MY point. Wishing Tiger well in becoming integrated back into the world around him. Recovery is Possible!

Susan   February 19th, 2010 10:53 pm ET

I think this whole situation with Tiger Woods needs to be put to rest. Honestly, if Woods' wife was an African-American woman, not a one of you would have taken this type of notice – nor would you have been so "Outraged" or "Offended"!!!!! Did he act badly? Yes! Did he disrespect his wife? Yes! Was he unfaithful? Yes!

But again, I say. If she had been a Black Woman ... the news media, Larry King, and ALL OF THE REST OF YOU, would have shrugged your shoulders, said "That's a man for you" ... and would have gone on to the next story.

The real issue is his wife being a white female who was on cheated on by a Black male (whether he thinks he is or not). AND, the sad reality that Tiger had become too popular, rich and independent. Honestly – if he were the real "DOG" that he's being painted as being, you, the media, would not only have caught wind of it before now. But there are those who would have made sure his reputation would have received some tarnishing way bedore now. You sharks, both Black and White, male and female need to get a life and refocus on other matters.
Oh, by the way. The fact that Woods isn't going to play golf for awhile sure does open the path for those he was beating the socks off of over these last few years – doesn't it??!!!???!!!

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 20th, 2010 12:42 am ET

I have just watched the video of Tiger Wood's full apology speech. He had a lot to say, mainly emphasizing he let everybody down, and of course including himself and admitting that he needed help.

He sounded very genuine to me and whether some people would think that it seemed all staged, I thought differently. I think that he felt comfortable in that setting and it was good to see his mother there in support of him.

I think he wasn't yet ready to face a full-on media. He's still undergoing therapy. He did mention that he would like to return to golf but the big question is when........he doesn't know.

Of course, with the pressure he's now under, it's little wonder if he can ever return. Only time will tell.

He needs patience and understanding at this time..........please give it to him all.

Garry Hagedoorn   February 20th, 2010 4:52 am ET

WHO CARES??? this should be between him and his wife. If i were his wife I would have left right away. If I were a fan I would forget about ever knowing him. END OF SUBJECT... If he was a rock star they would make him a hero...

BJR NS-Canada   February 20th, 2010 9:37 am ET

I thought Tiger's statement was genuine and feel that now he requires the media to let him and his family alone to deal with the issues at hand.

I'm sure Tiger is not the first married man to have multiply affairs and he sure won't be the last. This part of the scandal is really none of our business.

I wish TIger and his family all the best and hopefully we will see him back on the Golf course this year.

Ted   February 20th, 2010 12:27 pm ET

CNN, you are sick, sick and sick!!
Your reporters asked such stupid and brainless questions eachother, including Wolf, and made even more stupid comments that I could not stomach it anymore and turned off the TV.
You milked MJ for eight months, boring any intelligent listener to death with brainless remarks. Now you are doing the same to Tiger.

According to several surveys around good 70% of men and women cheat on their partner at least once in their lifetime.
That means, you ignorant bloggers who quote Jesus and the Bible and damn him, if I take three of you in a bearhug, then two of you did the same as Tiger did!

He cheated on his wife, not on you, hypocratical creatures. Why should he ask for forgiveness from the whole world? He is a golf player and not the Pope, although in the Vatican they sure have a lot of sex, but they go more for children and the muffler of the others.
This guy is being humiliated for the sake of profit of you bloodsuckers.

The golf business needs more to have Tiger back than other way around. He could sit on his behind for the rest of his life and have a luxurious life.
Tiger, I feel sorry for you, get the bloodsuckers off your back.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 20th, 2010 8:02 pm ET

The difference is that the others don't get their indiscretions splashed all over the news for the world to see.

This is the price you pay for being in the public eye it seems........well for some.

Larry Long   February 21st, 2010 7:13 pm ET

Does anybody agree that Congress should quit acting like children and realize that they are supposed to be working on help for the United Stated instead of thinking of thier own political gain by voting always for thier party and start voting for what is best for ALL OF US!!!Gov.Patrick said the wisest thing I have heard this morning, when he said he didn't run to be the Gov. of the party,he ran to be the Gov of the state. Thank you.Larry from Ks.

Cajazz76:24:8   February 21st, 2010 9:36 pm ET

@Ted

It would be be a blast to buy you beer after beer in a cyber bar and capture your moments of creativity and confessions to your keyboard. Ted, don't you ever die! I have become incontinent and may require a catheter because it is just too much to have to leave and miss our commentary.

Dodie   February 22nd, 2010 12:13 am ET

@ Ted

Laughing ... Did you have a couple of beers before that blog. I love your wit and spirit. Keep up the good work! Always enjoy reading your blogs.

Ted   February 22nd, 2010 7:03 am ET

@ cajazz and Dodie

Thanks for your kind remarks. My insatiable desire for rights and correctness always got the best of me.

Dodie   February 22nd, 2010 11:59 am ET

@ Ted

The world is definately a better place with you in it! Stay Well and live long! :~)

Chinese cheat on Vote   February 22nd, 2010 6:57 pm ET

I saw Chinese posted the vote : "should tibet be an independent country" on some Chinese BBS boards (like mitbbs.com) and let everyone say "NO".

That's why so many "NO" answers quickly. Do not believe cheating Chinese.....

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter