CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

November 19, 2009

Tonight on Larry King Live

Posted: 07:06 PM ET

Sarah Palin mania rolls on!

The former vice presidential candidate and author of "Going Rogue" is greeted by throngs of loyal followers and admirers across the country as she goes on her book tour. What's behind the public's fascination with Palin? Is this book tour turning into an early presidential campaign? Why is she rehashing the 2008 campaign? We're live at her book signing in Noblesville, Indiana!

PLUS: The tragic death of Shaniya Davis

A five-year-old from North Carolina allegedly sold into prostitution by her own mother! We'll get the latest update on the investigation into Davis' kidnapping and death.

And we want to hear from you:

Is Sarah Palin's book tour the beginning of another political campaign?

Filed under: Crime • Larry King Live

A. Smith, Oregon   November 19th, 2009 7:58 pm ET

I hope Sarah Palin becomes the GOP candidate, she offers so much humor and splash, its difficult not to laugh.

Sarah Palin is so much more exciting than Ole Morman Mitt, at least the Republican Party could grin and smile once again!

Palin-Cheney, now that's a Republican ticket!

Dodie   November 19th, 2009 7:58 pm ET

Good Evening Larry King and staff.

Would it be possible to have McCain's staff interviewed on your show?

I read that Sen. John McCain telephoned a news agency to defend some of his campaign staffers who came in for harsh criticism in Palin's Going Rogue Book.

It would be interesting to hear McCain's staff side of Sarah Palin's accusations and how they felt working with this woman. I like a balance, meaning listening to both sides... not just one!

I must admit, I do not think it is wise to bash prior election campaign staff if you have any desire to run for another election. It's just Not Good Politics!!!

Jim Carroll   November 19th, 2009 8:27 pm ET

Sarah Palin is just another do nothing republican.

Jim   November 19th, 2009 8:30 pm ET

Larry, You are super great.

Jim   November 19th, 2009 8:33 pm ET

Yes, she is running hard; and she will win.

angela   November 19th, 2009 8:53 pm ET

How can we thank McCain enough for his residual gift that just keeps

giving, Sarah Palin is the new Jelly of the Month Club. How weird

can this get, and Levi is the break out star. What a downward spiral.

angela   November 19th, 2009 8:53 pm ET

Hi Dodie!

Dodie   November 19th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

Good Evening angela

Just love your wit and humor

Antonio from Washington D.C.   November 19th, 2009 9:49 pm ET

I don't know Palin well, but i wish her the best of times.

Lilarose in Bandon, Oregon   November 19th, 2009 9:49 pm ET

Just dropping in to say I won't (WILL NOT) watch your show about Sarah Palin tonight, Larry.

I had enough of her yesterday and the day before.

Why are you media people so hot for her?????

Geez.

franklyn   November 19th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

oh no Oprah leaves her show in 2011,,will Palin take over? hope not !

SuzieCanada   November 19th, 2009 10:05 pm ET

Oprah can leave her show now. She did the ultimate interview recently. What more can she aspire to?

Sean B   November 19th, 2009 10:06 pm ET

Why is there a breaking news thing on Oprah's show ending two years from now? I remember reading that on Wikipedia about a year ago, it's hardly breaking news.

Better than talking about Palin, though.

Scott Stodden   November 19th, 2009 10:22 pm ET

First of all I want to say as a Democrat how proud Iam of Sarah Palin and her success with her book "Going Rouge" I've heard great things about the book. Of course we know that tons of people are going to come out and support her and her book but I truly didn't believe as many people would respond as they did. The fascination with Sarah Palin is she is so beautiful, compassionate but just doesn't know the right words to say. Is this book tour a way to push her presidential campaign for 2012? Sure it is, we all know she'll run and more than likely be the Republican nominee in 2012 and this is a way to draw up support for her campaign I just hope its worth because in 2012 I don't think people will vote out President Obama.

Debi~Ontario Canada   November 19th, 2009 10:28 pm ET

PALIN- What a joke. She has the voice that makes my skin crawl. The things that come out of her mouth are just sheer nonesense. As for Palin and the media she has had her 5 minutes of fame, please pull the plug on her. There are must be others in the U.S. that are more on the ball that would form a government. If you all relied on Palin "God help you"!!!!

vicky   November 19th, 2009 10:28 pm ET

I think after Palin appeared in Oprah show Oprah may have bad nightmare

If see the devil next to you Imagine !!!!!!!!!!!!

vicky   November 19th, 2009 10:30 pm ET

Sarah Palin through Mc Cain under the Bus

She wrote the verdict to GOP in her book

That is death penalty for GOP

vicky   November 19th, 2009 10:31 pm ET

Palin is whining and crying

Last year MSNBC made bad comment about Hillary’s daughter

Hillary forgive the MSNBC and appeared in MSNBC that is called leader ship

David   November 19th, 2009 10:32 pm ET

I don't think Palin is whining and crying...I think she is laughing all the way to the bank.

Hema   November 19th, 2009 10:34 pm ET

I think Palin should not worry about the GOP or thinking of becoming a presidential candidate...it is very scary to have someone like her in the public sector.

vicky   November 19th, 2009 10:35 pm ET

AP appointed 11 people fact check on Palin book

11 people!!!!!!!!!!! joke !!!!!!!!!no that much lie on that book

David   November 19th, 2009 10:35 pm ET

@Hema...who is scarier, Palin or Bush?

Claus   November 19th, 2009 10:37 pm ET

@David,
Better question--who is scarier, Biden or Palin?

Todd Nelson, N.D.   November 19th, 2009 10:39 pm ET

You are making a vital point regarding Palin: She complains alot, points out faults of others- whether real or imagined- but offers no real substance, intelligent solutions or policies, she blames others for her problems and mistakes.

I shudder to think of someone who is so unqualified trying to run our country from an overblown ego.

People are responding emotionally to some charisma born of some puffed up smoke-screen of right-wing values, vs really scrutinzing what Palin stands for, what she is really capale of accomplishing – she has little track record.

Perhaps she should take over for Oprah given the media frenzy she is capable of creating!!

Scarey to think how many people overlook her mistakes, ethics issues in Alaska, flubs, miscommunications – all to rally in the hype – quite a statement of how dumbed-down the culture is...

David   November 19th, 2009 10:40 pm ET

I think Palin would be scarier than Biden...Biden knows he has a big mouth...he he

Dodie   November 19th, 2009 10:41 pm ET

@ David

I completely agree... Palin is making a killing off her book and whatever she can. More power to her

Trini Lozano   November 19th, 2009 10:42 pm ET

Who are these women that you have on the show/ No one just like Sarah Palin, how dare they compare her with Hillary Clinton that has been in political life since way before 1976 and knows more about politics than anyone we know.

Dodie   November 19th, 2009 10:43 pm ET

Young Children being sold for sex is more common that you can even imagine in the US!

Dodie   November 19th, 2009 10:44 pm ET

@ David... LOL

A closed mouth gathers NO foot!

vicky   November 19th, 2009 10:45 pm ET

Bush is scared of Saudi he let go Bin laden

Palin is scared of Son in Law she spilt the own daughter’s family

Claus   November 19th, 2009 10:48 pm ET

The funniest thing I ever heard Biden say was that when the market crashed as we entered the Great Depression, President Roosevelt stepped up to the camera and told all of us via television just what was going on in a very straightforward manner. This was during a Couric interview.

I am laughing out loud as I think about it; two major, major mistakes in what he said. Funny, though, hardly anyone heard about it.

teddy   November 19th, 2009 10:49 pm ET

seanB
i could"nt agree more

Claus   November 19th, 2009 10:52 pm ET

@Vicky-–most people respectable of family feel the father of Palin's grandson is really out of line. He's a kid, and talk about wanting 15 minutes of fame. I would think more people would wonder how his son will feel someday when he sees how disrespectful his father was. I can't imagine how anyone could be supportive of him on any front.

Mustafoinc   November 19th, 2009 10:54 pm ET

Happy Birthday Larry.

Dodie   November 19th, 2009 10:55 pm ET

@ Claus

That is really funny since people did not watch TV until 1947!

teddy   November 19th, 2009 10:56 pm ET

vicky, well said palin is a bimbo

wellred   November 19th, 2009 10:56 pm ET

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LARRY!

Blessings, iola

Claus   November 19th, 2009 10:57 pm ET

@Dodie--right on, and Roosevelt was not President yet. Biden is a character. I really believe we tend to overlook some things more when it's a man than when it's a woman.

Dodie   November 19th, 2009 11:00 pm ET

@ Claus

I guess you could say that Biden overlooks the details of issues... He is a global conceptual kind of guy!

ckelly   November 19th, 2009 11:00 pm ET

Happy Birthday Larry!!

Claus   November 19th, 2009 11:01 pm ET

@Dodie,
Yea, I guess there wasn't much global about the Great Depression :-).
I stand by my point and if it weren't Palin, I think a lot of women would agree.

Dodie   November 19th, 2009 11:04 pm ET

~ H A P P Y 76th B I R T H D A Y L A R R Y K I N G ~

Claus   November 19th, 2009 11:05 pm ET

Good night, Larry, and happy birthday. I hope you and your family enjoy the day.

Dodie   November 19th, 2009 11:09 pm ET

@ Claus both Biden and Palin speak before they think!

kenny   November 19th, 2009 11:30 pm ET

Hasselbeck & Palin both have shrill voices...would not want to get into a screaming match with them ...

angela   November 20th, 2009 12:46 am ET

HAPPY B-DAY lARRY....SORRY i HAD TO HANG OUT WITH PROJECT rUNWAY TONITE.

Rachel   November 20th, 2009 1:33 am ET

Come on people this is all BS and hype about sarah palin. Shes a hideous person who has a passion for slaughtering animals. this is an evil woman who cant let go of her new found fame that believe me in time WILL fall away and she can go get a talk show thats more appropriate for her brain, shes the last person who should be running this country, she can't even keep an eye on her daughter who got pregnant. she made the choice to have all those kids and thats where her focus should be.........

Philippa   November 20th, 2009 1:35 am ET

People in this country are getting angrier and the Democrats are going to pay in 2010. Barack Obama has fizzled. One day every knee will bow – count on it ! I admire Sarah Palin greatly as do many college educated women – CNN is so liberal – I have as much faith in your reporting as in the BBC which is practically nil. Keep hoping liberals will stay in the saddle, they wont in 2012.

vitoria   November 20th, 2009 2:05 am ET

Did the republicans committed any more serious mistakes lately that they need to keep everyone focus on the tabloids and avoid any attention for their behavior ?
Really I noticed that every time George bush or his group of his presidency at the time would use Hollywood scandalous gossips ,at the time was Britney spears or Michael jackson or OJ to cover up their repeated and disastrous mistakes to keep everyone busy and to not to pay attention for his unconscious behavior as a president .
Ok Bush is out so what is Sarah doing cruising around ?
did she not loose last election and supposed to be retired from political matters ?
give me a break there are more important headline or priority then Sarah the hockey mom that will go back to her family and meet her beautiful children sound and safe and counting her millions , we should really be focusing on this despicable insinsetivy case of this beautiful 5 years old angel that was raped out of her life ,there are real issues more important then sarah and her so called son in law , we need to find out how to prevent cases like this with a hard look at the welfare or any other class of children with parents that have addiction issues , they should not be allowed to have children unless they could be able to deal with their problems first .
This is one of the most sad case I heard about ,my heart is breaking for this poor little girl and I pray to others little children that are in this same situation , god bless this angel .

LARRY ,HAPPY BIRTHDAY WE LOVE YOU !

JonesJ   November 20th, 2009 2:06 am ET

Shaniya Davis , I watched you interview the man that found her. Two questions you didn't ask....................Who is the woman that heard the body was dumped near Deer carcasses? Where did she get this info? Another question, ....How is she involved?

Filmwriteak   November 20th, 2009 4:50 am ET

To the journalist who said Sarah needs to step up and talk about her ideas of solving the issues......get real. This woman is a narcissist and has NO interest in anything other than attention. Think about it, when have you EVER heard Palin talk about anything that matters...other than herself?

wit   November 20th, 2009 5:25 am ET

Excuse me. Who is the beauty lady wearing glasses on the show on Nov,16th?

Judith   November 20th, 2009 8:10 am ET

This is the repayment John McCain gets for digging one up from the ground.

Sarah calls the left haters.
Always the blame game,that's Sarah.

Hate to burst your bubble Sarah but you and you alone ran dangerous,radical rallies during the campaign with McCain parading your kids on stage.It wasn't the media that put them there.It was you and 1st dude.

Once again Fox News again accused of airing misleading video.
Anyone can goggle it.

For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error."

Wednesday's incident occurred when Fox News host Gregg Jarrett mentioned that a Sarah Palin appearance and book signing in Grand Rapids, Michigan had a massive turnout. As footage rolled of a smiling and waving Palin amidst a throng of fans, Jarrett noted that the former Republican vice-presidential candidate is "continuing to draw huge crowds while she's promoting her brand-new book," adding that the images being shown were "some of the pictures just coming in to us.... The lines earlier had formed this morning."

However, the video used in the segment was from a 2008 McCain/Palin campaign rally. In response to the minor uproar that arose after clips of Jarrett's report hit the Internet, Fox senior vice-president of news Michael Clemente issued an initial statement saying, "This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video.

So how many other times will this happen without the public knowing what's true and what isn't????

June   November 20th, 2009 3:15 pm ET

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!
Must we all have to endure the continued exposure of this shallow, squeaky voiced, non-substance woman. Enough!
Sarah states that she wants to help America. With her "TALENTS' I do not feel there is a position in politics that she would qualify for.
Maybe she will profit sufficiently with her book. I would love to see her take her profits and buy a small island off the extreme Northwest coast of Alaska. She could use the funds to build a Tower and volunteer to observe Russia from her new home. She could become the official visual profiler for any possible Russians wanting to attack us.
This could offer her enough time to be a true hockey mom and dedicate the proper amount of time to her family. With her own island she could invite all the "Joe Plumbers" that she could desire and I'm sure they could bring a lot of six packs.
I'm so tired of all her excuses and whining. She spends all her time making excuses and blaming others for all her excuses and mistakes.
Please don't continue punishing all of us by giving her airtime. It takes more than a wink and use of ones body to guide this troubled world.

patrick   November 20th, 2009 6:24 pm ET

she loves money & has plenty of it now, thanks to J McCain...but she is a "quitter"...surprised Oprah had her on the show..for ratings??

TRAPPHER187   November 20th, 2009 7:00 pm ET

DEAR PRESIDENT OBAMA! I HAVE A SIMPLE SOLUTION FOR A FEW OF OUR NATIONS PROBLEMS. THE BAIL OUT WAS A GREAT IDEA! IT JUST WENT TO THE WRONG PEOPLE! PEOPLE ARE LOSING JOBS THEREFORE THEY CANT BUY CARS! SO U CAN GIVE THE AUTO INDUSTRY 1 TRILLION DOLLARS A PIECE AND WOULDNT MAKE ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE! NO BUYERS! SIMPLE SOLUTION! GIVE THE MONEY TO PEOLPE IN THE COMMUNITY CREATE JOBS ASAP! THEN U HAVE VIOLENCE ALL OVER THE WORLD EVEN IN THE US. KIDS WITH NO FATHERS= POVERTY STRICKENED YOUTH, SINGLE MOM,=BAD CHOICES AND VIOLENCE! HERES A CRAZY IDEA LET OUT NON-VILOLENT OFFENDERS WHO CAN BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THERE CHILDS ACTION DECREASING VILOENCE! THEN THEY CAN WORK JOBS AT A REDUCED RATE REPAYING THERE DEBT TO SOCIETY,CHILDSUPPORT, AND WITH THE LOW WAGES WE CAN COMPETE WITH OTHER COUNTRIES TO BRING THE JOBS BACK INTO THE U.S.A! IN RETURN THE YOUTHS CAN FOCUS ON SCHOOL, SPORTS, HEALTH AND A BETTER WAY OF LIFE INSTEAD OF DRUGS, UNDERAGE PREGNACY,GUNS,MURDER! IN RETURN PEOPLE HAVE MONEY TO BUY HOUSES, CARS. THE ECONOMY TURNS AROUND AND THE MONEY WE WERE WASTING ON NON-VIOLENT FELONS TO LET THERE CHILD RUN AMUCK WE CAN USE IT TO GO ELSWHERE HOW IS THAT FOR DOUBLE JEPORDY! OH LAST THING THE WAR IN AFGHANISTAN WE NEED OUR TROOPS HOME! CAN U IMAGINE 1000 POLICE OFFICERS IN THE DRUG IN FESTED BLACK COMMUNITIES IN EVERY HOOD? THEY WOULDNT GET ANY RESULTS JUST BASICALLY WOULD B TARGETS AND IT WOULDNT B WORTH THE MAN HOURS OR THE CASULITIES! GET MY DRIFT? I HAVE MORE IDEAS. SIGNING OFF YOUR FAVORITE FELON!

Claus   November 20th, 2009 7:42 pm ET

@Judith-like it or not, she's drawing huge crowds on the book tour, with or without any "mistakes" by Fox News. If you don't like her, look the other way. Don't waste your life energy on a thesis that is meaningless.

Oubah   November 20th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

The Interview of Dr Tohme Tohme, Michael Jackson's " adviser" was suppose to air last night . When will this air again? Anyone knows?

Frank   November 21st, 2009 8:52 am ET

I have to admit that I did not watch the whole episode and that I do not watch CNN as frequently as I did, given that it sounds like the same old story over and over again. I kind of lost interest as I find it to become more brain washing than educative, and I am getting my news or matter of interest elsewhere, you remain as far as I am concerned a true professional and the best in your class TV person and I have subscribed to your podcast and I keep following your shows when the topic is in my line of interest. I am commenting given that I do not understand all the fascination with Sarah Palin, it blows my brain and I wish someone could explain it with a scientific methodology using whatever field of human science is available. This appears for me appears to be a phenomena, and I know that the world in its long history as gone through some before. Some famous and others infamous or wicked, what does really differentiate one from the other as I assume that at the beginning the message is kind of generic and universal before it moves along in one way direction. On the other hand, a phenomena is usually short lived and may be we will eventually move on to other things.

Ted   November 21st, 2009 1:20 pm ET

@claus,

Hitler did draw huge crowds, they just loved him, because he said what they wanted to hear.
He was elected and that was the end of democratic Germany and anyone can check what that love brought to that country.
Sarah says what lot of people want to hear, the ones with not much brain and education, but I hope she will never ever gets near the WH.
She should run for congress, she woud make a great partner for Michelle Bachman.

schwarzgold   November 21st, 2009 4:12 pm ET

You know, this President was not even afforded a year in office before people who voted for him jumped off the bandwagon as his approval rating has dropped 50%. We don't elect lottery Presidents where you can cash in the next day. After eight years of the previous administration its really sad that we are a nation of the, "What have you done for me lately trip." Oh and yes Ms. Palin, yes others like the former Miss California compare themselves to her for good reason. I like Sarah, really, but she is not what America needs, another form of lawlessness. I stand behind the President and pray for his leadership rather than ridicule him his humbleness. America is not an empire and it will never be. American's needs to humble themselves and realize that they are not conquerors but leading consumers of the world on thin air called credit.

Kathy   November 21st, 2009 11:00 pm ET

Harry Conick is disrespectful and owes Larry and the viewers an apology for his arrogant appearance on Larry Kings show tonight. I always thought he was a good guy and I have purchased his music in the past but not anymore, after his interview tonight. Who does he thing he is?

Antonio-elizabeth,NJ   November 21st, 2009 11:41 pm ET

I believe people have to be logical thinkers in order to lead, yet Mrs. Palin has not showed that she is capable of such a feat, but still there is talk about a presidential run. If this woman is allowed to do so America's insane are definitely the majority.

louie   November 22nd, 2009 5:23 am ET

Kathy is correct re: H Connick, jr..big ego ? strong ego ? I like Michael Buble better, also Josh Groban ....

Pauly   August 19th, 2010 8:46 am ET

Please folks! Our country is in financial trouble, and I think its time that we elected a president that knows and understands finances and is trustworthy. Instead of judging a person by how they look or what they say, lets look at what they have done, and how they did it. This generation of people seems hell bent on electing the prettiest face or the fanciest talker, when they should be digging deep inside these candidates to see if they have bared fruit in the past.
No matter what party you belong to, when you walk into that booth, we should consider whither or not this candidate has the ability and the strength to guide this country back on the right track!...... happy birthday Mr King. We wish you well.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter