CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

November 5, 2009

Rihanna 'embarrassed' by relationship with Chris Brown

Posted: 01:27 PM ET

By Michael Y. Park via People

Only after she had a revelation about her duty to her fans did Rihanna realize that she had to speak out about how she was a victim of ex-boyfriend Chris Brown's domestic abuse.

And now? Now she's almost ashamed of herself for having gotten into a relationship with him in the first place.

"I fell in love with this person," she tells Diane Sawyer in an interview that aired on Good Morning America Thursday. "That's embarrassing."

WATCH CHRIS BROWN DISCUSS THE INCIDENT ON LARRY KING LIVE

The singer, 21, also hinted that it may have taken "eight or nine attempts" before she could finally leave the relationship.

"It's pretty easy to go back," she says, affirming Sawyer's statement that the average woman makes seven attempts to leave an abusive partner. "You start lying to yourself. The physical wounds go away. You want this thing to go away. This is a memory you don't want to ever have again."

Now a reconciliation is all but impossible – a judge has ordered Brown, 20, not to contact Rihanna (real name: Robin Fenty) for five years as part of his sentence.

Rihanna says she was further humiliated by the public nature of the incident, which included a leaked photo of her battered face.

"I was like, here goes my little bit of privacy," she says.

But she had an epiphany about how her actions after the assault would affect thousands of impressionable girls.

"When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result in some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part," she says. "I couldn't be responsible for that. Even if Chris never hit me again, who's to say their boyfriend won't? Who's to say they won't kill these girls? I didn't realize how much of an impact I had on these girls' lives until that happened."

Filed under: Chris Brown • Larry King Live • Rihanna

Stacey   November 5th, 2009 2:22 pm ET

The only person that should be embarrassed is Chris... Rihanna you didn't do anything wrong.... No woman deserves to have any man put their hands on them... Chris is a loser and you can do so much better....

Chris is a woman beater and thats all he is..... Years from now people are going to say his name but only difference is people are not going to remember him for his music... It's always going to be yeah that boy Chris Brown the woman beater..... Rihanna you are going to be remembered for you music...

Forget his dumbass....

Raychil   November 5th, 2009 3:09 pm ET

I am glad she woke up about him, She doesn't need to be embarrassed. Many women go back into abusive relationships. She should be proud of herself for having the strength to break away.

Gerald Jolly   November 5th, 2009 5:07 pm ET

Why does everybody think that the first time Chris Brown was the incident that was much publisized???

Chris Brown began slapping her around shortly after they became an item, more than a year before the publisized event.

He has forced her to commit sexual acts that she did not want to do.

These acts included ANNAL sex, ORAL sex, and every concievable disgusting thing a sick minded pervert could insist on.

Whether she wants to admit it or not, the reason she never came forward before was because these sickening activities occured behind closed doors where she was nothing but a "SEX SLAVE" for his perverted sick mind.

Trust me, she is more ashamed to talk about those things than the punch her gave her in the face.

What most dont know, is the secret medical treatments she had to have to fix the damages he did to some of her private parts.

This sick demented trash even forced her to eat his "EXCREMENT" something she refuses to talk about or discuss.

Chris Brown is an insatiable insane pervert, that should be incarcerated for the rest of his life.

The truth about the "MAN"??? is better named "ANIMAL"

Dorcas N (kenya)   November 5th, 2009 11:46 pm ET

That was so evil of chris brown. I think he should have been punished more. That was courageous of Rihanna to speak out because many women in abusive relationships have realized they r not alone and they should get out of such relationships

shalet   November 6th, 2009 2:13 pm ET

oh my god am so so touch buy wat she had to say she sounds so real am happy for u girl for being so strong keep it up .and they say in life wat dont break u make u stronger

Gerald Jolly   November 6th, 2009 3:02 pm ET

Rihanna.
QUOTE: HE FORCED ME TO EAT AND DRINK HIS BODY WASTE.

tina   November 7th, 2009 3:15 am ET

Is Rihanna the Princess of Darkness, and therfore she thinks Chris is beneath her?? LOL LOL

gail   November 7th, 2009 3:18 am ET

rihanna should be deported immediately. We had 3 strikes on american citizens in the last 2 days from foreigners. deport them all. She's as much a terrorist as one who picks up a gun and shoots an american for no reason at all. Just because she only attacked one american doesn't mean she is not an american hater.

howard   November 7th, 2009 3:19 am ET

oprah must feel real stupid and tyra for standing up for her, and the jealous american hater gives the interview to diane

hazel   November 7th, 2009 3:23 am ET

How can aging middle aged women get on TV and talk about a 19 year old boy like he is a grown man. Are they all nuts or just too cowardly to go after the older men that abuse women. There are plenty of them but they focus on a BOY. Mothers of young sons better speak up.

Terry, TX   November 7th, 2009 5:39 pm ET

Sure Chris Brown should have been punished more.....but the celebrities follow their own rules....especially the "no snitch rule".....we are only hearing about all this now......because guess what.....
The celebrity consumers have written them both off.....and their pocket books are being affected.

I am glad she is safe now....but she should have cooperated with the law.....not whine about it now. We all know stupid women like her.

Lydia byrd   November 8th, 2009 5:04 am ET

I reported the abuse to the authorities in this small town. When it was time for court I was not notified,for some reason, the charges were dismessed,even charges made by the state of Ms. After going to the hospital on one ocassion.
When I could no longer take it anymore I filed for divorce , then he took my children,falsely accused me of child abuse, when I tried to go see my children on day 68 after no contact he then has me put in jail for tresspassing , assult x3 ect. I then was beat to death in jail , where I stayed for 3 days. Needless to say he got custoday & my children are still being abused, controlled & are emotionally hurting. He is sick and passing this behavior down to my precious children
this whole town failed me . He grew up there and knows everybody . I believe this town needs to be educated and stop condoneing ABUSE!
Can you help ?
Depressed,PTSD

Gerald Jolly   November 8th, 2009 11:22 am ET

Tina, Gail, Howard, Hazel.

So I guess you dont see anything wrong about being forced to eat and drink a person's body waste hu!.

Do you think that this is an appropriate thing to do??

Do you feel the way you do, because you engage in this type of sexual activity.??

If you do, then I can only say that you all fit in the same mould that Chris Brown does. "A DESEASED MENTAL SICKNESS"

LOL LOL LOL.

Gerald Jolly   November 8th, 2009 8:03 pm ET

Lydia Byrd.

Sometimes the only thing a person can do under these circumstances, is to take the law in ones own hands.

GO SHOOT THE S.O.B.

Gerald Jolly   November 8th, 2009 9:10 pm ET

Tina, Gail, Howard, Hazel.

It is obvious that you all are Chris Brown dedicated fans.

But "PLEASSSSSSEEEEEEEE" tell us that you dont engage in the same vile activities that he does.

C'mon, surely you are not that poor that you need to eat and drink that kind of stuff.

UUUUGGGGGHHHHH!

Dima   November 9th, 2009 12:50 am ET

Hello everyone! This kind of entertiment show got wrong channel, have to be on E channel Chelsea Lately or The Soup. We got so many other problems – world, economical, political, crime. And Larry King showing to us celebrity life – Paris Hilton, Rihanna, Mariah Carey and other. Larry if you making money on Advertising and from Celebrities too? If yes don`t be to greedy. I don`t interesting private live. I want to see on CNN channel interview with famous and smart politics, economists, world leaders – some people who can change our live.

Gerald Jolly   November 10th, 2009 9:53 am ET

Tina, Gail, Howard, Hazel.

Most of the readers on this blog format have never engaged in such a sickening activity as eating and drinking another person's bodily waste.

Can you tell us of why you do such things and "What that tastes like"
and do you do that very often??

According to the secret report by a phsycologist, Rihanna said she did not want to discuss this publicly because, if people knew she had done this "FORCED OR NOT" nobody would want to KISS HER except somebody like CHRIS BROWN who engaged in that activity all the time.

Tell our readers, "HOW OFTEN DO YOU FOLKS ENGAGE IN THAT KIND OF STUFF ALL THE TIME"

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter