CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

November 3, 2009

Tonight on LKL: America Votes 2009

Posted: 08:01 PM ET

art.obamageneric.giWe'll talk election on 2 LIVE SHOWS TONIGHT - 9 p.m. and Midnight.

We won't just tell you who won, but why.  And we'll take a look back at Pres. Obama's first year in office - successes, failures, and what's ahead.

Experts galore will break it down.  Plus hear from RNC Chairman Michael Steele and Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine.

And of course, John King will be joining us from the Magic Wall.  Watch at 9, watch at midnight.  It's election night, so sleep is optional.

And we want to hear from you:

Do you think today's elections are a referendum on Pres. Obama?

Filed under: Larry King Live

Dodie ~ California   November 3rd, 2009 8:19 pm ET

Good Evening Larry!

Thank you for examining these elections. I really enjoy CNN’s perspective whether I completely agree or not.

I was Not happy with Sarah Palin’s intrusion in Virginia’s election by asking people to vote for their “values” This is absurd since she quit her office as Governor of Alaska. That tells me she is a flake, Where are her values? As others have pointed out….Values does NOT give people jobs, stop people from losing their homes or put food on the dinner table. Let’s get real here!

Dodie ~ California   November 3rd, 2009 8:21 pm ET

I Always enjoy what John King reports. He is a wizzard on the magic wall.

Dodie ~ California   November 3rd, 2009 8:40 pm ET

I believe President Obama has worked harder than any president I have ever witnessed. Even though I may not always agree with his tactics, I believe he is doing the very best he can for this country. As someone pointed out from Canada, President Obama took the helm of a vessel that had run aground with no fuel.

President Obama took office when our country was on the verge of collapse resulting from 50 years of Capitalism taking over and with the Bush Administration finally pushing us over the edge. President Obama still has a difficult uphill battle. He definitely needs our support. He cannot fix everything. Between Lobbyists, derivatives, hedge funds and large corporations strangling the life out of this country with their greed, we are a mess. I believe President Obama really wants to do the best he can for this country. He is NOT some Greedy SOB like other leaders of previous administrations.

His willingness to join the rest of the world and bridge relationships through communication instead of holding the USA as an arrogant country that thinks we are better than any other country will make the USA safer. You make enemies by being an arrogant self righteous country. That was how we were perceived by many countries who just tolerated our presence for the past 8 years. I appreciate President Obama and our vice president for their honesty! I may not always like it, but I have respect for this administration. I know it is not perfect; however, I am so thankful that I am not being lied to like I was for the past 8 years.

Thank You President Obama. You get an A in my book!

LacrosseMom   November 3rd, 2009 8:54 pm ET

Agree with Dodie ~ California..........100%. No other president since FDR, has had such a mountain of problems dumped on him!

Danielle   November 3rd, 2009 10:07 pm ET

I voted for Christie. Last time I voted for Corzine. I am a registered Democrat and have always voted Democratic.

Corzine lost my vote when he gave away my primary vote for Hillary at the Democratic convention. How dare he! I will never forgive him for that. Many of my friends feel the same way and voted against him. Payback is a you know what.

Janelle   November 3rd, 2009 10:14 pm ET

The big picture is about a republican party that has taught us how to hate again, and has succeeded in uniting their naysayers, while convincing the cowardice democrats to behave as if they were the minority and runaway from an active base.

The democrats benefited from a presidential campaign starring a man all about change who gave Pookie something to vote for. But Pookie continues to lose faith in a majority party that allows a handful of "blue dogs" and a minority party to lead the majority. If the democrats continue to cower, I will be joining Pookie and will retire to the couch.

edward michele   November 3rd, 2009 10:16 pm ET

what happened ro the democrats? are they alive or sleeping all day?

Kevin B   November 3rd, 2009 10:17 pm ET

Hey, I have a question for CNN. Why are the election results from New Jersey and Virginia not available online like previous elections were. In 2006, and 2008 there were detailed county level maps available showing results. Why is that not the case this election??

nancy   November 3rd, 2009 10:18 pm ET

I am a registered independent voter and my vote for Chris Christie, was a referendum regarding Barack Obama. Health care, economy, you name it ,he is a disaster. His one decent decision was appointing Hillary as secretary of state!

vicky   November 3rd, 2009 10:18 pm ET

New York Mayer independent or republican

Watch FOX they say he is republican

angela   November 3rd, 2009 10:26 pm ET

in other words the Democrats have nothing without Obama, well at least we have a leader.

Darryl   November 3rd, 2009 10:29 pm ET

What we're seeing here is not so much a powerful move on the part of the republicans, but a lack of uhmph on the part of democrats.
As promised, the president has continued his campaign for unification. The "problem" is...his constituents have idled their enthusiasm. Well...Larry I'm a 46 year-old "problematic", bi-racial American man who has finally decided to get involved in the American process. When these other...(democrats) follow suit, maybe then we'll get something done. I for one, am fired up and ready to go!
Darryl. Las Vegas.

umar najeeb   November 3rd, 2009 10:31 pm ET

i believe the economy has a lot to do with this election,but let us not underestimate the impact of republicans bad politics that is by coming to the table with empty hands waiting for democrats to bring out something and they will criticize for political gain

joan   November 3rd, 2009 10:33 pm ET

No wonder nothing much gets accomplished in this government., we are always so worried about polls , elections and how everyone is doing. President Obama has 4 years ( and hopefully more) to complete his agenda. Lets give him a chance to get something done.

angela   November 3rd, 2009 10:35 pm ET

Arent we reading an awful lot into this? All that matters is this.....is the person elected reasonable, intelligent and wanting to serve the people? Maybe Obama is not fostering, wisely, this stupid theory Ben is pushing. Wouldnt it be highly arrogant for Obama to assume he is the pivotal key to everything?

Sylvia   November 3rd, 2009 10:47 pm ET

What surprises us most in other parts of the world is the short memory of you Americans – most of you are masochists if you can so easily forget the bush/cheney years and stupid if you think that President Obama can fix this disaster in 9 months. But than more than half of you voted for a stupid President twice – go figure!!!!

Toronto, Canada

Lisa   November 3rd, 2009 10:48 pm ET

Here is the bottom line...not everyone votes for the Gubernatorial elections. I campaigned..went door to door and some people say they only vote for Presidential. Good ads bad ads...we need to let The People know it is just as important to vote for the Gubernatorial elections. I dont understand why they just blow it off. They will be the ones complaining later about the changes or no changes being made. Hmm go figure.

vg rosenwald   November 3rd, 2009 10:52 pm ET

give me a break, larry. you talk about the power of prez obama, & yet you have 3 old, white men (4 including you), yapping about today's election results. regardless of your personal feelings, couldn't you even have pretended to be more inclusive by substituting one latina or african-american woman for the 3 owm's? & while you're at it, kindly explain to your viewers why your correspondents are mainly owms.

Brian I   November 3rd, 2009 11:00 pm ET

Americans believed President Obama when he campaigned about the "change we can believe in" and now many feel duped. Gitmo still around, poverty and female wages have been unaddressed, educators and unemployed have been let down by corporate bailouts, and healthcare has been focused on without proper preparation. Americans believed he understood, but now they question it. Yes, today's elections are a referendum and Americans are moving towards the belief that the change was a political tactic by a typical politician.

Am I the only one who notices that every time Obama pats his own back, he's quick to follow with "but, We're not outta the woods yet" ?

ckelly   November 3rd, 2009 11:06 pm ET

My head is spinning-I have personally flip-flopped a great deal over the last year as I have spent more time at home and actually paid attention to news-print and media...

At the risk of having my post removed (its happened before-I am convinced that the american people as a group, country (not individually) are mentally ill-

I have always respected the American culture as a free and brave people-with incredible intelligence and creativity as I traveled across most of the US in my youth and over the years-but now I think you people are just plain nuts.

You finally have a president who actually seems to care (as much as I blogged against him in the election because I believed he was a wall street plant dressed in socialist clothing) But now I see the balanced and good work he and many of the moderate democrats have tried to do-HEALTH CARE YOU MORONS!!!!!

oh my god Socialism...ie sounds like communism....NOT AT ALL? Did any of you travel? have you looked at your trailer parks and tent cities lately?

Yes, in his first few months he bailed the criminals out on Wall street but he was left with Bush's agenda... was it stupid, facsist and socialist at the same time? YES!! The 1% had spoken (you know who I mean? The 4,000,000 and their groupies.

Now you are going to put the architects back in control-"freedom, independence after all!! The demons who created the mess....

this will mean-no housing/your homes will be bought by the profitable; no healthcare-ahh healthcare ins't a right; no freedom-the patriot act; no education or schools -who needs that? –

this isn't Independence or freedom-its may be mental illness or plain stupidity..

angela   November 3rd, 2009 11:16 pm ET

Its all spin, and it looks like everyone is spinning, I am not one wit or bit moved by any of this, I am behind my Prez, he is one man with a ton of problems, wake up people, the poster said it, tent cities are here, wake up dummies!

seattlegal   November 3rd, 2009 11:31 pm ET

Not only a referendum on Mr. President but on the Democratic Congress as well. After the way that the back stabbing Dems rolled over at the Convention and gave the White House to "That One"... those were OUR votes they gave away. And everything that has happened since, Dems, Repubs... not much difference I can see... power-hungry, lying scoundrels with Mr. President leading the pack. Hope they lose their shirts. They have certainly lost my vote.

Dodie ~ California   November 3rd, 2009 11:36 pm ET

Good evening everyone.

How are you doing tonight Angela. I hope you are feeling better

Dodie ~ California   November 3rd, 2009 11:46 pm ET

November 3rd, 2009 10:27 pm ET
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Our county will not protect its front line workers with H1N1 vaccinations. That is very sad! They say the CDC has made regulations that do not include front line health care workers. I just do not understand that! Especially as the health care worker can contaminate all the people they come in contact... Just Stupid!

I am placing this on Larry King since Andersen's site would not post it. Thank you Larry King!!!

carol kesling   November 3rd, 2009 11:57 pm ET

travis smiley said it best ..... we can't pay for health care or anything that has to do with main street, BUT WE CAN PAY FOR 2 WARS.... i say take care of main street and the hell with the rest of the world... we shouln't try to tell other people how to run their business until we take care of our own !!!!!! lets focus on the u.s. of a.!!!!!!!!

John H   November 4th, 2009 12:04 am ET

Todays vote is not a referendum on either party nor is it a referendum on President Obama. One of the most refreshing things I have found in the Obama Administration's nine or ten months of governing is the lack of the constant beating our chests and claiming to the "The Most Powerful Nation on Earth" or "The Most Free Nation on Earth" etc. you add the adjective which you feel best fits. If I were a citizen of any other nation on earth, I would find this attitude insulting and my opinion of the people making this claim would drop through the bottom floor. Now this is just my opinion but I think that both the Republican and Democratic Parties need to get real and realize that they alone do not win any elections. It is the independents and middle roaders of our nation whose weight behind one party or another will result in a win or a loss. In the interst of full disclosure, I see myself as an independent and will normally vote either in favor of or against ideas; not individuals or parties. To me both parties are the greatest evil we face as to be elected as a Democrat or a Republican, you must forget the interests of the people you are elected to represent and follow the party line or suffer the consequences. I do not appreciate party leaders dictating policy or opinion to the individual I have helped elect. That person was sent to represent me and if that means telling the party leadership where the door is; so be it. We spend altogether too much time playing the system as if it were a game and the news media always trying to get into the heads of the voters. It is what it is!

Irene, TX   November 4th, 2009 12:18 am ET

Sylvia, right on!

You see, in real life most Americans criticizing President Obama take 3 to 5 years on average to straighten up a closet or a garage but when it comes to things outside of their backyards, national or global, they act like they know it all and they expect all the world problems to be resolved within 2.5 hours, which is an average length of a Hollywood happy-end movie.

In other words, if we get Sarah Palin next, we deserve it for our ignorance and stupidity. Apparently we need someone who will start yelling hurray-patriotic slogans and declare victories where there are none. Just please our American pride, remind us on a daily basis that we are the only country on the world geopolitical map worth mentioning and hide the problems – Mr. Reagan, another Hollywood figure, was excellent at that.

I'm amazed President has any time left for real work at all – the war waged against him by GOP, their No policy in the time of need for our great but very troubled country, their refusal to work with him, their readiness to fail him at any cost is the greatest American shame after Indian genocide and slavery. I'll tell you what – I can take anyone's life story and paint a portrait of a potential serial killer. It only takes right wording, right angle of sight and pushing the right buttons. The only thing that could stop me in my tracks should I decide to run such an experiment would be an intelligent audience. The latter seems to be in short supply lately...

Tayla Phillips   November 4th, 2009 12:29 am ET

Yes i do. Everyone thinks they can run for an office and they atomatically think they should be elected on whatever unique grounds they have because Barack Obama is our president. I am all for all people getting out there and going for what they want but only if its really what they want and not because they know they will be able to do it because he did it. President Obama has worked to get to where he is and no one should try to use his sucess for their own selfish wants. They should work just like he has and then make their own name for themselves.

Dodie ~ California   November 4th, 2009 12:42 am ET

November 3rd, 2009 11:27 pm ET
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I think if we as a people and country get away from one party against the other party and just for once, pull together to rebuild this country. I am an independent as I am sick of both parties. I am so tired of hearing Democrats and Republicans... we need to stop fighting among ourselves and collectively ban together! Our country is in a mess and we all need to take on the responsibility to help repair and rebuild together. This all reminds me of sibling rivalry!

(I think I am just to radical for the Anderson blog – lol)

Brian I   November 4th, 2009 12:44 am ET

America is so divided. Most Americans either love or hate Pres. Obama to the death. If you're not on either side, then you're considered an half-hearted moderate or liberal. It is ridiculous! Remaining objective is hard to find in any news source, any debate. There lies the groundwork for the division. And if "united we stand, divided we fall" was a prophecy, tell me what you think about America now.

I will base all things concerning politicians and reps (of my beautiful country) off of their actions, and how that relates to their words. Intentions are kept in mind, but results are what is written.

We can continue to blame Bush's presidency for all things bad going on, but when does it end? Should Obama fail completely, most avid supporters will still use "the past 8 years" as the reason. And, the critics are gonna feel like it's christmas everyday.

I will not post any more comments on this subject, this and my other says where I stand. But, it is not too early. Ten months is history enough to reflect upon. The question is.., have you picked a side concerning Obama's performance, or are you remaining in a position which looks for the best interest for the future of our county?

I think this side picking is what got Bush elected a second term. Every policy should be considered individually, as well as our stance.

And I put my name on this, it's Brian Isom-Brandon

Ricardo   November 4th, 2009 12:59 am ET

One needs to look at the turn out of the 2008 elections vs these elections. my view is that the Becks of the rep. party did a good job on the base of the party. while the Dems don't see it as important to come out. Its all about the machinery of the parties and to a less extent the performance of the governors themself. the New York mayors race result in my view a back lash. (playing politics with term limits)

Gretchen   November 4th, 2009 1:13 am ET

Hi Larry, No these races are not a prediction of the future for democrats. Larry, why is there no one asking the question,what will these republicans who won do for the states they won in,that's the real issue. People might be dissapointed in the fact about the wars,and the unemployment rate,but if these republicans don't make massive improvements in those states,then what? People will come right back to the democrats.People havee been listening to all this crap on certain shows and hearing all these negative ads about the Presidents agenda,and they are so stupid to believe the very people who got us into this mess in the first place.I trully believe that the independants will have buyers remorsewhen the republicans get into office and still no jobs,and constantly supporting war. Democrats have been laying dormant,this might put wind behind republicans but it has lit a fire under democrats.So watch out republicans the machine is cranking back up!

Dave in Michigan   November 4th, 2009 1:18 am ET

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
-Edward R. Murrow

"A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
– George Bernard Shaw

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions – it only guarantees equality of opportunity."
– Irving Kristol

"I'm not a member of any organized political party, I'm a Democrat!"
– Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Rachel   November 4th, 2009 1:21 am ET

JESSE VENTURA is the only one who gets it. Everyone is so caught up in the wrong concerns, democat???republican??polls ???upcoming elections. Who are all these people and what do they stand for what does it matter what party they are with they all afraid to stand for something. They just wait to see what its safe to stand for. Obama got elected based on the fact that he did not vote for this war and that
he soon would end it......WELL?????????? talk is cheap

Gretchen   November 4th, 2009 1:21 am ET

Larry, am I mistaken,but don't most of americans support the presidents health care reform?So why did Mr.Steele say no one wants it.Is he calling the majority of americans a bunch of nobody's?

Robert   November 4th, 2009 1:24 am ET

To David Gergen: David, a no-name with almost no money, the Hoffman guy is only 3 points behind the Dem in a liberal area and state. The other "Republican" – the woman who resigned and promptly ENDORSED (hahaha) the Democrat, has 5 points. It's not a wake-up call for Republicans, it's a clarion call. When you run a Repubilcrat light against a Dem, GOP loses – just look at the McCain race. It's silly, on a night where Republicanism wins to upsets in Governorships and almost wins a NY seat, you don't say, "Well, this is a GOP Problem." Problem? It's the way back. It's a horrible night for Democrats and a darned good night for the GOP.

Melinda   November 4th, 2009 1:28 am ET

Jesse Ventura reminds me of a guy holding an ice cream cone in the summer, but saving it so he can eat it in 3 hours. His "moderate" idea doesn't fly because nobody can figure out what he thinks or stands for. It changes every week. I thought he was retired and living in a cabin. He said that. So how plugged in is he, really?

Dave in Michigan   November 4th, 2009 1:30 am ET

I agree with Jesse. I think the two party system currently in place is a dinosaur, and the old "silent majority" in the middle should take up the reins and make a third party happen. It wouldn't hurt for folks to watch "Mr Smith Goes to Washington"; if it was like that in the 30's, imagine the stuff that goes on behind closed doors now...

Gretchen   November 4th, 2009 1:30 am ET

Larry, do you know how many republican candidates got money from the insurance company's.If someone have knowlege of that please blog about it. Also don't these insurance company's pay for all these tea party rally's.Looks like if you support the insurance company's you get major dollars to support their agenda and their agenda seems to be to stop the health care reform.Americans are being fooled yet again by republicans,who are taking money from insurance company's, pretending that they care about fiscal responsibility.Because if they cared about fiscal responsibility,they did not practce that all the 8 years that the Bush administration was in power.Duh

Robert   November 4th, 2009 1:32 am ET

It was a bland question and comment about the fact the GOP had a great night. I mentioned that the guy who had almost no money and no name, hoffman, almost beat the Democrat.

Robert   November 4th, 2009 1:36 am ET

Hi Gretchen,

Democrats actually got more money from health insurance companies in the last election cycle. I think Larry can confirm that with some of his experts. Also, Gretchen, every poll shows that a majority of Americans are against the current health legislation the Democrats are proposing. Look at Gallup, ABC News, etc.. People don't believe it will lower costs. They believe it will be hugely more expensive, hinder quality care we currently have, and also hike up taxes on all of us in the middle class, due to huge budget deficits. Look at the amount of money the Post Office is losing, not to mention the fact the government can't even get the H1N1 virus shots out for the rest of us.

TL/Huntington Beach   November 4th, 2009 1:38 am ET

Government should not infringe on the freedom of an individual to choose whether or not they decide to have vaccination. Mandatory vaccinations is a violations of our rights.

Vaccination is the administration of antigen material to produce immunity to disease. There are people walking around who very healthy and have strong immune systems who could go on a 4 hour flight infested with flu and cold virus and not get sick. There are also people who will go and get this vaccination and will be sick next month with a different strain of flu.

Ernest William Goodpasture pathologist and physician who developed a number of vaccines only lived to be 74. Someday when a pathologist proves that vaccinations actually strengthen the immune system rather than weaken it and lives to be 100 years old than maybe I'll think about the next germ warfare vaccination.

You know your body, your medical history and your vulnerability to disease. Only you the individual knows what' right for you.

Ricardo   November 4th, 2009 1:38 am ET

Wow, I just looked at the numbers for VA & NJ in the 2008 elections and the votes that went to Obama alone is the total turn for these states in today's election. now people its all about the canidates themselves and the machinery of the parties as well as how important individuals viewed these elections.

Mary   November 4th, 2009 1:38 am ET

Larry,

Please tell David Gergen to check the story before he comments. Bloomberg did not agree to limit himself to two terms. We, the citizens of New York, voted twice by referendum to a two term limit. In fact, you may remember in the wake of 9/11, there was talk of a special dispensation so that Guiliani could run for a third term. What was one of the loudest naysayers to that? You guessed, Bloomberg!

We purport to live in a democracy: government of the people, by the people and for the people. What does the will of the people mean in a nation owned by wealthy corporate moguls? Bloomberg used his wealth and influence to cut a deal with the city council who overwrote the will of the people to allow him to run. Then, he used his obscene wealth to bury Thompson. This is hardly a big victory for Bloomberg. He outspent Thompson 20 or 30 times over and has only won by about 5 points. The good news is that this results says that many of us just know that whatever good he may or may not have done, Bloomberg's "election: is a fraud and indicative of so much that is absolutely wrong in America today. We have become a banana republic where all that matters is money and those who have it. Shame on Michael Bloomberg!

Tommy   November 4th, 2009 1:41 am ET

I think Jesse has it part right concerning the dismantling of the Republican party. I hate the far left – I hate the far right.

Stein is right – we need to return to the Constitution as the supreme law of the land.

We need the conservative principle of a hell of a strong national defense – but quit policing the world.

We need to get the corporate interests under control by abandoning the fascists policies endorsed by both major parties – and let the free market determine the rise and fall of corporate and business success at home.

Gretchen   November 4th, 2009 1:48 am ET

@rRobert, thanks for your information about last years election.The question was,if republicans who ran for office this elections cycle received money from insurance company's. Also,polls are different,maybe I wordedthe question wrong.I should have said don't most americans want some kind of health care reform.Because those of us who have health insurance are getting screwed,just like those with out health care.Premiums are rising like crazy. But thanks anyway.I will check out more polls.

Gretchen   November 4th, 2009 1:55 am ET

Hi larry,I noticed your guest Ben Stein calling Rush,and Palin his good friends,when they are always talking about keeping the republican party pure.That to me sounds exclusive and some might see that as some hate groups that say they want to keep their race pure.Ben be careful who you vall friend.

connie fl   November 4th, 2009 1:56 am ET

i cant believe no one tells the story as it is....the gop is running rough shod over their members. the tea baggers and republicans are really sheep....i thought ea rep was elected to think for them selves..they are the party of no and if they dont say no they are spanked...geesh tell it like it is...army is fox are telling the tea baggers what to say....where were they 8 years ago with bush leading us into an illegal war.. and ran us into debt....ow they want to have obama run a country and clean their mess with no money...doesnt any one else realize this??

Robert   November 4th, 2009 1:57 am ET

Gretchen,

From the polls I've read, including USA Today, Gallup, etc (so not polls that might favor one party or the other), people are supportive of reforms that do specific things, like a pre-existing condition issue or being able to purchase and look at competing private plans across state lines. However, anything to do with public options where companies are taxed, or their benefits are more expensive privately if the private insurers have to pay a tax or contribute more, lower cost services to a plan paid for by the government for non-elderly, people are against that. They also don't like the idea of taxing families or individuals if they don't purchase health insurance. I am not listing these to debate each side, just to say those are the poll questions I have read.

See what you find and have a good night. Stay healthy too!

Gretchen   November 4th, 2009 1:57 am ET

Hi larry,I noticed your guest Ben Stein calling Rush,and Palin his good friends,when they are always talking about keeping the republican party pure.That to me sounds exclusive and some might see that as some hate groups that say they want to keep their race pure.Ben be careful who you call friend.

Dodie ~ California   November 4th, 2009 2:02 am ET

@ Brian

We spend just too much time blaming each other and everything. I suspect it is from 50 years of Capitalism taking over and with the Bush Administration finally pushing us over the edge. Bush Admin did Not create this mess... they were the icing on the cake! And if you look at the depression of the 1930s you will also note that our stock market did not reach the 1928 level until 1956 meaning it took 28 years to recover from the depression.

In the 1930s depression the job loss was at 11% . As of October, 2009, the job loss in California is a staggering 12.2% We have exceeded the job loss of the great depression here in California. I call that very serious. Therefore, there is no presidency anywhere that can make a recovery in 10 months, or even 4 years.

Stan Masellas   November 4th, 2009 2:10 am ET

Dear Larry, you can blow it up all you want regarding the Republican wins in East states. They are governor, Lt. governor, mayor, and really just local nominations which mean nothing. What is paramount is the now fact that a Democrat has won in the New York house. He will be going to Washington know one else who was elected. That adds another Democrat to the house which only increases the Democrats positions. I know you are ultra conservative and Republican thats ok. But you must keep an open mind on what the democrats are trying to accomplish. The health care issue is tough, with all the negative, scare tatics commercials which I am sure The Republican party and the insurance companies are responsible for displaying. Change takes time, especially the health care issue.

We love President Obama, he had a load to bear when he took office.
Surely no president before him had as much to bear as does he.
So please give him a break, there's allot to do. If it was just up to him
it would already be done.

You may be an ultra conservative Republican but we like you anyway and watch your show most times.

Take care God bless

David   November 4th, 2009 2:40 am ET

Dear Larry,

I don't feel like the Republican win tonight was a referandum of this President's performance. I think that it is more of a referandum on most of White America for the gullibility of fear that exist among them. They don't have any faith in Home Land Security. They don't trust their own Government. They hate gays and immigrants who are not white. The seem to however love their guns, state executions, torture and killing animals just to have them mounted in their dens. That is the reality of what happen tonight.

David,
Las Vegas.

Gorilla Monsoon   November 4th, 2009 3:51 am ET

Jessy "no-body" got his stuff handed to him tonight by Ben Stein. What a sore F-N loser the steroid taken play actor is. You got you stuff tossed little guy. Now go home and kick the dog D-Bag.

DonaldLAllen   November 4th, 2009 7:26 am ET

well I just want to be shear what you dun to me you want do to no one Eal I spouse you don,t r ember me I re-ken not but I want for get you in hacker NC about for clock in mid day I r ember A man given me a ride and he thou he wood make me look like a fool and I be live that was you well I think it a nutter store you sued no wen you try to make sum one look like a foll you might just be fulling your self I not a doom ass you may think so but I well tell you a nutter store well what every you think I can care less so that is the end of my store what is yours see you on the up side so if I,M not black you don,t no me well so let it be like you want see you PS Donald L Allen or ILeeBot you might full the world but you don,t fool me

Ted   November 4th, 2009 9:10 am ET

LKL deleted my comments, they were the very first one in this blog.

Dodie, I really appreciate your intelligent comments, it shows that you spend time outside the country and hear other opinions beside our media that will never tell the full truth.
They are hedging their position, just in case.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter