CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

October 9, 2009

Elizabeth Taylor Keeps on Tickin'—and Tweetin'

Posted: 04:40 AM ET

by Natalie Finn via E! Online

Michael Jackson Elizabeth TaylorMaggie the Cat is alive!

Elizabeth Taylor, who entered the hospital this week to get a "leaky valve" repaired, is doing great following the procedure, according to the two-time Oscar winner turned twittering fool.

"Dear Friends, My heart procedure went off perfectly," she wrote this afternoon. "It's like having a brand new ticker. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes...I know they all helped. Love you, Elizabeth."

(Read More)

Filed under: Hollywood • Larry King Live

Samantha - South Africa   October 9th, 2009 4:51 am ET

Great to know that Liz is recovering well.

Now if only those tabloid junkies could stop taking everything out of context!!!

bERTHA CECILIA URDINOLA ALJURE - Wageningen - Holland   October 9th, 2009 4:53 am ET

Elizabeth:

God is with you! We love you!

Susan62509   October 9th, 2009 5:03 am ET

Elizabeth, you are one tough lady. Good for you, zooming through this process. Now you will have more energy and we will enjoy you for many years to come. Stay strong and get well soon. Keep us posted on your twitter.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   October 9th, 2009 5:17 am ET

All blessings to Elizabeth Taylor on her health and keep strong. You're a real trooper. Your dear friend Michael would be so happy for you.

kathryn   October 9th, 2009 6:23 am ET

YOU GO GIRL ! love you lots, kathryn

MaryRM   October 9th, 2009 6:37 am ET

Lis is a fabulous role model for women everywhere – besides being one of the most talented women in the world she is strong, absolutely fearless, without compromise and has always stood up and defended her friends even when the rest of Hollywood was cringing in fear and ignorance. I remember many instances even the Rock Hudson days.

I am happy to see she is faring well. We need more people like Liz in the world.

akshara   October 9th, 2009 6:53 am ET

awesome..great news!! was praying for u liz...
stay strong
take care

MaryRM   October 9th, 2009 7:01 am ET

eek – I spelled Liz wrong, I need to get some coffee in me before blogging.

Liz was also very intelligent. I still love to watch her movies – what amazing classics. My favourites – Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Giant and of course, Cleopatra

MaryRM   October 9th, 2009 7:02 am ET

Liz IS also intelligent.

Maureen (UK)   October 9th, 2009 7:19 am ET

Best wishes to you Liz for a speedy recovery.

Judie   October 9th, 2009 7:46 am ET

No matter what Elizabeth Taylor loved Michael dearly... I'm sure she misses him. Be well Liz we miss him too.

denise   October 9th, 2009 7:59 am ET

good day Samantha SA, MaryRM, Maureen (UK), Judie, akshara, Susan62509, Jessie NZ and everyone here - TGIF 🙂

Liz best wishes to you and Michael we miss you.

Anne   October 9th, 2009 9:13 am ET

Liz was the longest and most loyal friend to Michael. They had such a special bond. I am happy she is doing so well. I would love to read a book about her friendship with Michael Jackson. There are not many people who really knew him, and it would be a great chance for the public to know the "real" Michael Jackson.

Angie-Poland   October 9th, 2009 10:11 am ET

God bless U Dear Elizabeth! L.O.V.E.

carol kesling   October 9th, 2009 10:47 am ET

my prayers are with you for a speedy recoverery..take care and love you lots liz.........

alex lyrics   October 9th, 2009 11:53 am ET

Real news solution for the war in Afganistan right here

I say get out all those buff prisoners from every state theres about one million and half of them im sure.

Pick the ones who are willing to have their records expunged, and those who are rehabilitated, and who will fight for their countries.

Give them one task , to fight and kill the Taliban and Osama.

Send them all on foot with weapond and let them hike through those mountains, and fight the Taliban head on.

I bet they would kick some “Arse”

Theres plenty of cholos gangsters, bloods, crips, and neo nazi skin heads that would proudly do the job.

Send the prisoners over there. This would solve two problems.

who the hell cares about Jon and Kate? we are at war

MaryRM   October 9th, 2009 12:28 pm ET

alex lyrics – your simple view of the world and its solutions belong on another blog. this is about Liz (and Michael)

mikeyisinmyheart   October 9th, 2009 1:13 pm ET

thank you for letting us know she is doing just fine!!!

BIG HUGS LIZ!!!!!

~me

lola   October 9th, 2009 1:45 pm ET

If everyone could have a loyal, loving friend as Elizabeth Taylor, the world would be a much happier place. She has proved her loyalty in Michael's life and in his death. So glad she is doing well.

Mila   October 9th, 2009 3:03 pm ET

What did they called Elizabeth Taylor ?????
"twittering fool" ???????????

And LKL put that on their blog ??
Idiots !

Need I say more – I'm disgusted !

Morty M   October 9th, 2009 3:06 pm ET

I am so glad that you are doing well...You are one tough Lady! I hope that you live for many more years in good health and happiness...

I Love you so much!

alex lyrics   October 9th, 2009 3:08 pm ET

Well MARYRM

Who cares I am sick of Larry Kings gossip blogs, and all gossip blogs, we are consumed with gossip of others in this country.

We are at ware an recession, and pea parties.

We need to focus on our economy, our two wars, and our health care, and our baning ceo systems, and not this crap

Allure   October 9th, 2009 4:22 pm ET

"....... she turned twittering........." she' so cool!

Dear Elisabeth
from the bottom of my heart – get well soon!
Big hug form Switzerland

Allure   October 9th, 2009 4:25 pm ET

MaryRM
my favorite is Cat on a Hot Tin Roof too. I don't know exactly how many times I've seen this movie, about 100 times maybe......... (and not because of Paul) 🙂

Wendy1955   October 9th, 2009 4:34 pm ET

Dear Miss Taylor,

I am so very happy and relieved that you are doing well. You have always been strong. I wish you a very speedy recovery and as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and Blessings,

Wendy1955

lola   October 9th, 2009 5:39 pm ET

I wish Elizabeth was more involved with Mj the last months of his life.....She seemed to have disappeared during his trial in 2005 as well. What happened?????? Where was she?????? It is as though she gave up on him????

betty   October 9th, 2009 5:42 pm ET

Allure
"not because of Paul?" Paul was a beautiful man in every way. Another tremendous loss to the world when he passed last year-

Jasmine   October 9th, 2009 5:58 pm ET

We love you, The Elizabeth Taylor get well soon.

JOSH FROM UNITED STATES   October 9th, 2009 7:00 pm ET

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE ANNE WROTE THE STATEMENT AT 9:13 THIS MORNING(9TH). I ALSO WISH YOU THE BEST OF HEALTH FOR A LONG TIME TO COME.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   October 9th, 2009 11:21 pm ET

@lola October 9th, 2009 5:39 pm ET

I wish Elizabeth was more involved with Mj the last months of his life…..She seemed to have disappeared during his trial in 2005 as well. What happened?????? Where was she?????? It is as though she gave up on him????
-----------------------------–

I think I tend to agree also.

Everything just seemed so bizarre and unreal. Yes, and I wondered what could have happened with Michael and Elizabeth's friendship. Because I know she did intervene once before and tried to help him.

I just felt he was so let down..........it's almost criminal. There's like a deafening silence.........which is almost too hard to bear.

I feel that I don't think I can ever talk about him again after this. I don't think I can ever view the world the same again. It's changed for me. I can't say anymore now.

Susan62509   October 10th, 2009 2:48 am ET

My favorite movie with Elizabeth Taylor was "Raintree County" with Monty Cliff. She was absolutely beautiful in that movie and acted the role with perfection. If you haven't seen it, it's worth the time to find it. Bring your kleenex.

jacqueline\nl   October 10th, 2009 3:46 am ET

mrs taylor
i wish you all the best in the world
and get better soon
love

Brigida, Italy   October 10th, 2009 8:07 am ET

Dear Elizabeth, I wish you all the best and I want to send you greetings from Ischia, the island that always remember your stay here during the Cleopatra filming. You had and already have true fans here. Thanks also for your friendship and help to Michael : )

MaryRM   October 10th, 2009 8:15 am ET

Lola and Jessie – Just because it wasn't in the media, doesn't mean Liz abandoned Michael. Michael often said that he spoke to Liz several times a week on the phone. Also, the media are not privy to every visit they made to each other's houses. I do remember that Liz was on Larry King, I think that was around the trial, not sure, but she strongly defended Michael.

still me just a new name   October 10th, 2009 1:11 pm ET

I don't think Liz gave up on him. You have to remember that Michael exiled himself from the United States after the trail and didn't really return until he was ready to do the O2 concerts. So I don't think Liz gave up on him he just wasn't around in the United States for them to visit each other but I am guessing they kept in touch by phone.

Barbara   October 10th, 2009 1:55 pm ET

I love Michael's jacket in this photo! ☆

☆☆☆

Samantha - South Africa   October 10th, 2009 4:45 pm ET

@Barbara

Yeah its a beautiful jacket,that picture was taken at Michael's 30th anniversary celebrations in 2001.

still me just a new name   October 10th, 2009 9:31 pm ET

"This Is It" album cover has been released to allow fans a look at the back cover of his new album. Google and check it out.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   October 10th, 2009 9:38 pm ET

@ MaryRM October 9th, 2009 6:37 am ET

@ Anne October 9th, 2009 9:13 am ET
------------------------

Well-said and thankyou.
------

I think Liz Taylor is a loyal friend and will take her secrets to her grave. Admire you Liz.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   October 10th, 2009 9:43 pm ET

By the way – I liked Elizabeth Taylor in National Velvet.........one of her earlier films. She was so sweet and innocent there. I love all her films in fact.

MaryRM   October 11th, 2009 1:27 am ET

How odd, the moderator deleted my blog that had the transcript from Larry King's show that had Liz Taylor defending Michael. I thought the moderator would allow a transcript of Larry's own show.

At any rate, on the Geraldo interview, he asks who the loyal people in Michael's life are and he says that Liz is very loyal. Then in 2006 Liz defended Michael on Larry King and he asked if she thought the authorities were out to get him and she said that the media started it.

LK asked her if she thought he might come back to live in the U.S. (this was in 2006) and she said why should he – he's been treated like dirt here.

Liz is great – she doesn't mix words.

Barbara   October 11th, 2009 1:43 am ET

Michael...you can light up a room even without your jacket.

Love you ☆

Ariel Spirit   October 12th, 2009 9:35 pm ET

Take care Elisabeth!
O:)

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter