CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

September 15, 2009

Tonight on Larry King Live!

Posted: 06:54 PM ET

We'll have the latest on the developing story in California, where officials have just searched the home of Jaycee Dugard's alleged kidnappers. Investigators say the search was in connection to two additional unsolved abductions. Katie Callaway, Phillip Garrido's 1976 rape victim, talks about why she thought Garrido would strike again.

art.swayze.giPLUS – a look back at Patrick Swayze's life. We may know him for his hot dance moves with Baby in "Dirty Dancing" or as the unforgettable Sam in "Ghost", but what do his friends remember most about him? His co-stars and close friends join Larry tonight.

And last but not least, it's Dr. Phil! He'll weigh in on Kanye West's outburst at the VMA and his apologies to Taylor Swift - are they enough? That's all tonight on Larry King Live at 9pmET/6pmPT!

And we want to hear from you:

What's your favorite memory of Patrick Swayze?

Filed under: Celebrity News • Crime • Jaycee Dugard • Larry King Live

bette   September 15th, 2009 7:17 pm ET

He was magnificent in the last dance number from Dirty Dancing. I love when he leaps off the stage and swivels those hips.

Roxanne   September 15th, 2009 7:30 pm ET

My favorite Patrick Swayze moment is his Saturday Night Live Chippendales performance with Chris Farley. HILARIOUS!! Of course, Swayze was magnificent in Ghost and Dirty Dancing. I still watch those movies over and over again. Thanks, Patrick. God bless you and your family. Rest in Peace.

Kosta   September 15th, 2009 7:33 pm ET

My favorite memory of Patrick is the movie ghost. Definitely the best acting job Patrick has done. I grew up with that movie. Also must not forget dirty dancing and north&south. All of them classics. The world lost one of its biggest acting names.

Thelma Sookman, Toronto, Canada   September 15th, 2009 7:36 pm ET

My favourite memories were the dancing sequences in Dirty Dancing with Jennifer Grey, especially when he was teaching her to dance and in the final number in the movie and in Ghost with Demi Moore (any scene). I smile when I think of him.

This is a great loss to the industry. He was a wonderful caring man. I wish Lisa all the best.

Jodi B   September 15th, 2009 7:38 pm ET

Seeing him in Dirty Dancing, showing Baby how to dance....I was 15 and every scene of him made me swoon!

And how much more romantic could the pottery scene get from Ghost with Demi Moore?

Debbie Totten   September 15th, 2009 7:42 pm ET

Patricks dirty dancing moves and good looks thank you for the memories you put up one hell of a fight keep on dancing rest in peace

Beatrice   September 15th, 2009 7:45 pm ET

It is sad! The summer of 2009 is the loss of so many legends! Now the world must the list their mourning for another prominent names complementary. Patrick Swayze has lost his battle with cancer RIP ;-(

Sharon   September 15th, 2009 7:57 pm ET

He was my all time favorite actor. Not just for his talent, but for the way he treated his fans and his long love affair with his beautiful wife. He was one of a kind and will be missed very much.

Beatrice   September 15th, 2009 8:04 pm ET

Acting in the best Form – best inspirations for any aspiring actor and colleagues. I wait for message from Sam;-)

vicki   September 15th, 2009 8:11 pm ET

ghost fabulous

Maria G.   September 15th, 2009 8:42 pm ET

I still love to watch the video where Patrick surprise James and Julia on Oprah. He still had it !! Rest in Peace.

internetfreepress.com   September 15th, 2009 8:52 pm ET

I AM A DEMOCRAT
But, what is the point in electing more democrats in 2010 if
the devil damn democrats we now have do not have the guts
to pass some kind of health-care bill; and maybe we should be
thinking Clinton for 2012. Just trying is not good enough, Mr. President.

JudyinAZ   September 15th, 2009 9:02 pm ET

My daughters took ballent in Patsy's Simi Valley studio – wonderul, loving, down-to-earth & tough family that could role how to deal with obstacles & loss. Patrick often dropped by & would spontaneously help the kids in their lessons. No ego, no star-quality – no "look at me' attitude. Just an all around good guy from a great Mom & family. My thoughts are with Patsy, Lisa & his siblings.

JudyinAZ   September 15th, 2009 9:03 pm ET

My daughters took ballet in Patsy’s Simi Valley studio – wonderful, loving, down-to-earth & tough family that could role model how to deal with obstacles & loss. Patrick often dropped by & would spontaneously help the kids in their lessons. No ego, no star-quality – no “look at me’ attitude. Just an all around good guy from a great Mom & family. My thoughts are with Patsy, Lisa & his siblings.

dyzanne   September 15th, 2009 9:06 pm ET

Patrick Swayze was the EPITOMY OF CLASS, unlike so many other celebrities. He will be greatly missed by all as an entertainer and human being.

Bridget   September 15th, 2009 9:07 pm ET

Wow! Patrick could really dance! May he dance in heaven. He will be missed.

JBM   September 15th, 2009 9:11 pm ET

I loved the movie Ghost. It is so sad to see Patrick leave us so young. Pancreatic cancer is a horrible way to die; I hope the medical community can make some serious progress in this battle. On another note, I regret that a discussion of his legacy tonight has to be part of a program that would even acknowledge the existence of K. West.

mary p   September 15th, 2009 9:13 pm ET

Patrick's interview with Barbara Walters several years ago when he became emotional while talking about his late father.

Karen   September 15th, 2009 9:14 pm ET

Another Great Act gone.... he was Classic

Julie C. Morris   September 15th, 2009 9:14 pm ET

The Beast was some of his best work. Having lost family to pancreatic Cancer, I know what he must have been going thru. God bless him and his family.

Sheri   September 15th, 2009 9:16 pm ET

What a loss of a truly genuine man!

AllieP   September 15th, 2009 9:18 pm ET

One of my favorite actors! He will be missed. So handsome. Loved ALL of his movies.

Missy Daniels   September 15th, 2009 9:18 pm ET

My ALL TIME FAVORITE in the world. We all love and will miss you. The world has lost an incredible inspiration and actor. The entertainment world will never the same.

CAROL   September 15th, 2009 9:19 pm ET

RIP my friend, as a fan you felt like you could call him friend!

Dodger77   September 15th, 2009 9:19 pm ET

The end of Point Break when he catches one last wave

Elizabeth   September 15th, 2009 9:20 pm ET

Patrick's courage and bravery in these last months has shown all of us who have cancer a new way of fighting. With a smile, with a strong belief, and with dignity. Thank you Patrick for the many movies that made us laugh and cry but mostly for your courage. Rest peacefully my friend. You have earned it.

vick   September 15th, 2009 9:20 pm ET

oh what else 2009, So many big name is now past.
He was a very good actor and a good man.
my all time favorite is "Dirty Dancing " and can see again and again any time, any place, any mood ...... t was the best gift from Patrick
and my all time favorite shot " no one can put baby in corner" and another one " this is my dancing space and thats yours "
aah.... we will miss you forever

Andrew   September 15th, 2009 9:20 pm ET

Patrick Swayze as Orry Main was the quintessential performance of his career. That was my earliest and fondest memory of his film and television work.

Stephanie   September 15th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

I first fell in love with Parick when he stared in the tv movie North and South.

Cheryl   September 15th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

My favorite memory of Patrick Swayze was seeing him at Wal-Mart with his wife. It was nice to see him as a human being and a citizen of my community of Las Vegas and not the celebrity he was and will continue to be.

David & Gladys   September 15th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

We have many memories of Patrick especially his greatest movies Ghost and Dirty Dancing, When we found out he past away our hearts broke and we were deeply saddened, Our hearts go out to his family and will never forget Patrick for his great work.

Antu   September 15th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

patrick swayze was so great in the movie " city of joy". could you share some of the experiences from that movie as well
Thanks

David & Gladys   September 15th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

We will miss Patrick, his movies will always be in our memories and our hearts go out to his family.

sharon   September 15th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

The silent killer of all cancers, I lost my dad one year ago. He was given 6 mos and he passed away in 3

Linda   September 15th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

Patrick Swayze in 'North and South', the mini-series. He was fabulous as Orry Maine. Does anyone else remember? But, Dirty Dancing was the ultimate! We'll miss his talent and love for life.

rits   September 15th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

amazed of long his marriage to his wife!! that's unusual in hollywood. miss ya' Patrick, I love Ghost. Give me goose bump

Ron, (Canada)   September 15th, 2009 9:25 pm ET

Patrick Swayze was one of the finest examples of being both a man's man, a woman's man and best of all a man who understood the greatest strength of all, humility.

Gracie   September 15th, 2009 9:25 pm ET

He was the greatest movie star of ALL TIME!

jean ratliff   September 15th, 2009 9:25 pm ET

Larry, WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO DEMI MOORE? I DID NOT RECOGNIZE HER, SHE LOOKED SO OLD. IS THAT WHY SHE DOESN'T ACT ANYMORE??????? JR SAN ANTONIO

Charlie   September 15th, 2009 9:27 pm ET

Patrick's performance in ghost was fantastic. He should have won an Oscar. His chemistry with Demi Moore was the best.You know Ghost is one of those movies that I will never forget. Best wishes Patrick and keep on dancing in heaven Charlie (:

kylie   September 15th, 2009 9:27 pm ET

he was one in a million when iy came to his roles and he will be missed

kylie   September 15th, 2009 9:29 pm ET

u will be missed but never forgotten my prayers go out to patricks family

Jenny Miller   September 15th, 2009 9:29 pm ET

My heart is breaking – not only for his family, but especially for his lovely Lisa. May God Bless & keep them during this very difficult time. He was such a wonderful person & a great actor. We'll miss him so much!

bree culley   September 15th, 2009 9:30 pm ET

I am very surprised we have NOT heard from the gal who played " BABY" in Dirty Dancing..........Why?

chaney   September 15th, 2009 9:31 pm ET

Patrick was great, I loved his Movies... and most of all I loved the commitment he had with his lovely wife Lisa....and to the rest of his family...... I will think of them and hope they will draw strength from each other in the days ahead...

Wanda James   September 15th, 2009 9:32 pm ET

I remember first seeing Patrick in the epic North and South and I was a fan for life....he had a way of bringing you into the scene with you, you felt what he felt and of course he was so handsome to watch. My condolences to his family, we will all miss those wonderful eyes and bright smile......he lived his life his way...he was a true Texas cowboy.

Andrew J. Edwards   September 15th, 2009 9:32 pm ET

We will miss Patrick so much. I don't remember if anyone remembers......but years ago, he starred in a futuristic science fiction movie with his wife, Lisa called "Steel Dawn". I have not seen this movie mentioned in his filmography. It is the ONLY film that I know of that he starred in with his wife. I hope God holds her in the palm of his hand during this time and gives her strength and comfort.

Laura   September 15th, 2009 9:33 pm ET

Nobody puts Swayze in the corner!! His talent will be missed.

Sandy Clark   September 15th, 2009 9:33 pm ET

It's really true...the love inside, you take it with you (Ghost)

John Burnquist   September 15th, 2009 9:34 pm ET

I am indeed saddened by the passing of Partrick Swayze, as I have lost several friends to pancreatic cancer, including my father. I am also sorrly for the loss of Jody Powell, Senator Kennedy, Jack Kramer, among others.

However, I am even more saddend by the shallowness of the media for their glossing over of their coverage of the recent death of one of the greatest humanitarins of the 20th century, Dr. Norman Borloug.

There have only been three other individuals in history who hae received the same recognition as Dr. Borloug, including Dr. Martin Luther King. Mother Teresa, and Ellie Wessel. The media seems to think politicans, journalists, athletes, and actors, deserve more recognition than someone who taught over a billion people how to eat..

Same on you.

Nancy lasocki   September 15th, 2009 9:35 pm ET

Seeing Patrick being brave is a memory burnt in my mind

Dodie ~ California   September 15th, 2009 9:36 pm ET

Patrick was a wonderful and talented actor. I understand he was also a wonderful man! He will be missed!

Andrew   September 15th, 2009 9:36 pm ET

I grew up emulating Patrick. I miss him dearly.

Debby   September 15th, 2009 9:36 pm ET

He didn't star in alot of movies but memorable classic ones, like Dirty Dancing and Ghost. What a nice tribute this is.

Dodie ~ California   September 15th, 2009 9:37 pm ET

Gary Busy is also an excellent actor

Debbie   September 15th, 2009 9:38 pm ET

We will all miss Patrick Swazye and enjoyed the comments by all your guests...except...Gary Busey! He was a discrace!!!

Julie in the FL keys   September 15th, 2009 9:38 pm ET

Of course I loved him like everyone else. This question is more for the dr. Do people with boughts of pancreatitis more apt to get pancreatic cancer? Please answer this, because I'm not getting any good answers from the so called specialists that are online now.
Thank you so much.

Rand Spokane wa.   September 15th, 2009 9:41 pm ET

Another great entertainer gone too young to soon because of cancer.Patrick Swayze, Farrah, Sen. Kennedy, Michael Landon, Bill Bixby, Sammy Davis jr. Robert Urich.. and many more. Somehow we've got to beat this disease. I' m fortunate I'm a survivor. Thank you.

Cindy Jones   September 15th, 2009 9:42 pm ET

What about his outstanding performance in "North and South"
My all time favorite.

Neysa Watson   September 15th, 2009 9:42 pm ET

I loved him in Dirty Dancing and Ghost. He was a special and talented actor. Rest in peace Patrick. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Kortney   September 15th, 2009 9:43 pm ET

Dirty Dancing was my favorite movie of all time.. You had a good fight. What a great loss

Nick   September 15th, 2009 9:44 pm ET

We will all miss you

Lisa Parker   September 15th, 2009 9:44 pm ET

His films have been mentioned but no mention of "North and South", that where I, as a teenager first saw him and thought him brilliant. Over this summer I hired the series for my daughter who also completely appreciated him and she was only nine! Come on he was magnificent in it.

Cindy Jones   September 15th, 2009 9:44 pm ET

His outstanding performance in "North and South"

Emily   September 15th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

Patrick Swayze was a true warrior. He's an angel with golden wings. He'll always be remembered in our thoughts and prayers. God bless you and your family.

LB   September 15th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

Patrick Swayze had class.

Kanye West does not. We don't need Dr. Phil to psychoanalyze what West did. It is simple he is a racist.

Gazmend   September 15th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

i remember when the interview with barbra walters aired i was at the hospital that night my grandfather was suffering from pancriatic cancer and it was his last of many hospital stays before he passed away boy did i cry that night my grandfather then passed away 2 weeks later on January 22nd 2009

Debbie   September 15th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

"DITTO" Patrick!

Cindy Jones   September 15th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

I think he deserved an Emmy for Best Actor in "North and South". This was our family all time favorite mini series. He acting was incredible.

James Tokarz   September 15th, 2009 9:49 pm ET

Patrick was a very courageous man and an excellent actor. His performance on The Beast was great!!

ALissa   September 15th, 2009 9:49 pm ET

Patrick was just a genuinely nice guy. That quality shone through in every interview he did. He didn't have an ego or any nasty rude quality you sometimes see in todays' stars. He took his fame and his role model status seriously. He should be remembered for his talent and also for the fine human being he was. We will miss you Patrick, you made movies in which we were able to fall in love with you over and over.

Judy   September 15th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

I will always remember him from Dirty Dancing.

Melissa   September 15th, 2009 9:51 pm ET

He was great in Dirty Dancing I think every teenager at the time was waching it!!!

Kathy   September 15th, 2009 9:53 pm ET

I fell in love with Patrick during The Blue and the Grey!

LB   September 15th, 2009 9:53 pm ET

Larry needs a reality check. These two A-holes were in front of an audience!

MT Hyatt   September 15th, 2009 9:53 pm ET

Although I loved Dirty Dancing and Ghost, the mini-series North and South Parts 1 &2 was fantastic. Swayze's performance of the romantic and tragic leading man, Orry Main was superb!

Judy   September 15th, 2009 9:53 pm ET

As far as what Happened to Taylor Swift on the MTV Video Award show, I think it was a disgrace.

Nick Usher   September 15th, 2009 9:54 pm ET

He was one of the greatest actors of all time, and it saddens me knowing that he won't be here. Lets remember the good things that he did in life and cherish the memories.

Sandra Robertson, GA   September 15th, 2009 9:54 pm ET

Patrick Swayze was dignified, gracious and multi-talented. He was loved. Mr. West could have learned a lot from him. There is still hope for Kanye West; I hope he changes for the better.

Bogdan Koszarycz   September 15th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

I do not see anybody making criticism to Joe Wilson's behavior to Pres. Obama, kind of excusing his outburst, when a congressman should be held up to much higher standards than any regular citizen. I do not see outrage, and I am right to say there is great racism in our country. This is the best proof of it!!

SharonM   September 15th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

Regarding Patrick Swayze, I'm so surprised no one has mentioned the civil war mini-series, North and South, from long before Ghost and Dirty Dancing. That was my introduction to Patrick Swayze, and I found him mesmerizing. It was because of his performance in North and South that I kept an eye out for him in future films, and of course loved Ghost and Dirty Dancing.

Julie in the FL keys   September 15th, 2009 9:58 pm ET

TO JBM,
You are so right about in being in the same subject matter as K.West, BUT on a happier note for one second to try to get a smile out of all of us, I'm sure he'd appreciate it, JBM, when you said "In the same category as K.West, if you can see, I wrote "Julie from the FL.Keys" and was wondering for 20 minutes what made you so mad about the keys!?......Understand? It took me awhile to figure it out you were talking about that ding-dong (and that's putting it nicely).

Mary Mtl   September 15th, 2009 9:59 pm ET

Is Doctor Phil tour is free???????

SharonM   September 15th, 2009 10:08 pm ET

On Kanye West, is no one in the media ever going to ask the only important question, "Why?"

Suzanne   September 15th, 2009 10:08 pm ET

I think Patrick has been married to Lisa since 1975. Imagine a decent man in Hollywood, go figure. The camera loved him and so did we. He will be missed!

Donna Stager Martin   September 15th, 2009 10:12 pm ET

what is my favorite memory of Patrick Swayze Its hard to say which moment was my favorite cause each role i seen him it was a special he was a great actor and I will miss him preforming he is one of a kind my prayers goes to his family He was talented and very handsome always had a smiling face and never gave up hope

David C   September 15th, 2009 10:17 pm ET

The passing of Patrick Swayze has left me feeling like I lost a family member,a beloved family member. I watched every movie that he made faithfully.My personal favorite is "The Outsiders". Patrick played the role of older brother Darryl with such grace & conviction that,I started seeing him like my older brother.My mom & my sisters loved him in "Dirty Dancing" and in the movie "Ghost". We lost a true icon,a beloved human being,a man of incredible talent,passion & integrity above all.My heart goes out to his wife,family,friends & to the rest of his fans. God speed BELOVED brother,may peace be with you, and with those you live behind to think,cherish,mourn & celebrate you.STAY GOLD,PATRICK,STAY GOLD!

Andrea Buginsky   September 15th, 2009 10:17 pm ET

Watching him dance with his wife, Lisa.

Judy   September 15th, 2009 10:24 pm ET

I was just watching your show about the passing of Patrick Swayze. He was a good actor and seemed like a good family man. I always watched anything he appeared in. But you know I have watched you for many years and I thought you were rude to Gary Busey. You ask him questions and he answered them. This was supposed to be recalling memories of Partrick Swayze and these guys knew him and had worked with him. Not sure why the rudeness, but it wasn't the time or the place to do that. That is why they were appearing on your show.

Joetter Smith Jenkins   September 15th, 2009 10:25 pm ET

I believe that Kanye West and Taylor Swift situation is only a HYPE. I believe that he got paid to create this distrubance. You see Taylor got to go on the View. Her management is buying these awards. Investigate and see if I am right. HYPE!!!! I've never seen country music videos on MTV. I haven't seen hers on there until that night. I see hers on the country TV.

carol kesling   September 15th, 2009 10:36 pm ET

my thoughts go out to his loving wife, lisa. he was a devoted husband and sometimes things like that are trully hard to find...i loved 'GHOST' was spectacular... my late husband and i watched it alot..god bless you patrick, may you rest in peace,you will be missed !!!!

Lynn   September 15th, 2009 10:42 pm ET

Patrick Swayze was a celebrity with a lot of class. I feel so bad that he lost his fight w cancer. I really liked him in 'POINT BREAK' although all his films were excellent. He put up one heck of a fight though. RIP.

syltoots   September 15th, 2009 10:43 pm ET

I do not have any bad memories of Patrick. Great actor, dancer & singer. He was talented & can't believe yet another is gone. He did put up a great fight against the disease. I am still in shock of the news so I cannot comment anymore

Kerri   September 15th, 2009 11:03 pm ET

Patrick Swayze was so brave, so admirable to face cancer head on. His dance moves in Dirty Dancing were my favorite – no question! It was the music and the dancing (not the story), that made DD so great! Rest now, Patrick. We'll miss you. God speed, Lisa.

Jacquelyn   September 15th, 2009 11:26 pm ET

Joetter Smith Jenkins

Thank you.

Jacquelyn   September 15th, 2009 11:27 pm ET

Larry King should have made tonight show a tribute to Patrick Swayze only.

Ana Ferreira   September 15th, 2009 11:40 pm ET

Tuesday Sep. 15 2009
Great show Larry. I have a feeling the quality is improving day by day. You are true genuine journalist.
I have to put my 6 year old grandson to bed every night and he already knows your name. Fortunately he sleeps right away and I run to the living room to watch you.
Thank you for the entertainment.
From a 68 yr old grandma in Toronto.
Ana

Dave Walender   September 16th, 2009 12:06 am ET

He was the best in Road house! I can watch that movie over and over

JenG   September 16th, 2009 12:20 am ET

Patrick – I hope you "had the time of yor life". You will be greatly missed!

Crystal Mabry   September 16th, 2009 12:21 am ET

I LOVED HIM AS AN ACTOR! MY FAVORITE MOVIES WERE DIRTY DANCING AND TO WONG FOO THANKS FOR EVERYTHING JULIE NEWMAR

darlene   September 16th, 2009 12:22 am ET

I am so sorry that Patrick passed away. I remembered seeing him in the movie "GHOST". Their was a scene that I will always treasure and remember. The scene was the ending when he told Demi Moore "It's amazing the love you have inside, you take it with you. I have come to believe that. Patrick the love you have given us will always be with you. RIP.

Markye   September 16th, 2009 12:23 am ET

When Dirty Dancing came out I was only 1 years old, but I have been watching and learning the dances as long as I could remember, Patraick singing "She's like the wind" is my favorite song. Ghost brought to tears, but my al time favorite was To Wong Foo, Patrick was the best looking woman I had ever seen. He will be missed

sharon boyd   September 16th, 2009 12:23 am ET

I will remember his contagious smile and his strength and courage.

Lee   September 16th, 2009 12:35 am ET

I agree with Jacquelyn that Larry should have dedicated the entire show tonight to Patrick. Patrick was one of the "good guys" and deserves the whole show being dedicated to him.

Leann   September 16th, 2009 12:36 am ET

I will remember Patrick Swazye not for Ghost, Dirty dancing or even Road house but for a movie called North and South and the second series Heaven and Hell. He was amazing and it was then that I fell in love with his acting.

Devon   September 16th, 2009 12:42 am ET

LOVE YOU PATRICK!! ❤

Jelena   September 16th, 2009 12:43 am ET

Larry, it's a good time to talk about the big pharma "keeping the cancer alive"; don't push the topic away!

nicole   September 16th, 2009 12:44 am ET

my favorite patrick swayze movie is Ghost hands down. With his genuine smile and good looks patric stole the camera as well as americas heart. He will truly be missed

Jacquelyn   September 16th, 2009 12:49 am ET

I think the most memorable scene in Ghost was with Patrick and Demi doing the ceramic mold. It was perfect.

Cheryl Hanson, Corpus Christi, TX   September 16th, 2009 12:55 am ET

Patrick was a wonderful actor and dancer. I am so sad to hear about his death. It is such a shame that such a wonderful person like him had to go through such a horrible ordeal. They say that it was cancer that he died from, but, in my opinion, it was the drugs that he was taking that more than likely caused his death. I could go on and on about how I feel about this subject, but, the only thing that I would like to say is that I commend Gary Busey on Larry King live for speaking out about how he feels that the Drug companies want to keep cancer alive so that they can keep getting funding for more research. I look forward to Larry King following up with this topic in the near future. We need to educate people, because there are many ways that you can safely help someone with cancer and not have to go the conventional way (poison/chemo, radiation and surgery). 3 of the most invasive and deadly ways to work with this disease!!!

vitoria   September 16th, 2009 1:20 am ET

I always loved Patrick , he was so handsome , kind , professional and very natural , besides his movies that i loved so much I always admired him the love he display towards his wife and mother .
He really loved Liza and he wasn't worry about sharing his feeling to her with the whole world .
I was very lucky to meet Patrick very briefly in my restaurant when he was filming Christmas in wonderland in west Edmonton mall , Edmonton , Canada .
Patrick was filming besides my restaurant , a scene at the Bar , me and my staff could not believe that the DIRTY DANCING AND GHOST STAR was right there just ffeets away from us , we decided to put a lunch for Patrick and the crew , that was entirely our idea of welcoming Patrick at the mall and to show him that we loved and admired him , totally spontaneous .
for sure enough Patrick came to the table and helped himself , we were all besides ourselves , then next Patrick came to me and thanked us for the gesture and shocked our hands , I looked at him face and really saw a gentle and handsome man with such a modest and caring personality .
I will always love Patrick and more then ever i am so glad we did
get to meet him in person , how lucky we are to have his beutiful presence right in front of us , rest in peace Patrick you fought this battle with such a dignity , you are a hero .
Love you always , vitoria

d.cripps   September 16th, 2009 1:23 am ET

Larry, Here's another problem with society. Celebrity doctors giving
opinions and advise on tv. Phil is about selling commercials. HIs
ego is a little inflated. Dragging people in front of television cameras
venting their personal problems in public is sick. Especially for the sake of ratings and commercial money.If you are really serious about helping people ,Phil, get an office,stay there and provide them some real help. Why do people watch shows like his? Because it makes them feel better seeing some poor schmo vent his or her problem.
Who cares what Phil thinks. Was anybody helped tonight listening
to Phil. It was for your show ratings tonight, right Phil? What a bore!

MsNomerN Az   September 16th, 2009 2:12 am ET

I feel so sad for his family. He was such a young man with a good heart and big talent. My favorite moment is when he publically addressed the fact that smoking probably caused his pancreatic cancer. that was so brave of him. And even though the cigarettes probably caused his death he was so hopelessly addicted to them he could not give them up. I know 5 other people who have done the same thing at their dying days; smoking even though it was the smoking that caused their demise. Sad tale. It is a reason to pay attention.

ckelly   September 16th, 2009 2:22 am ET

Patrick Swayze was a lovely actor and dancer/performer-a lovely person. God spreed on those graceful steps my friend...

Lisa Parker   September 16th, 2009 2:46 am ET

Gary Busey made an excellent point regarding the profits Pharmaceutical companies make from cancer, I have even read there is a cure but it is not in their financial interests to release it. I don't know if the latter is true, but until a fearless hard-hitting journalist takes it on no-one will know. Now IS absolutely the right time to raise it while you have the worlds attention, all be it fleetingly, to highlight talk about cancer and the Pharmaceutical Industry and investigate it. You were rude to Gary Busey and frankly I was disappointed to see it, particularly ironic when followed bu discussing the rudeness of Kanye West! Patrick Swayze should of had your entire evening show tonight, following it with the overly talked about and then diagnosed West incident, any idiot could tell he was plain rude, really what more is there to say!! I sincerely hope you do follow up with a focus on Gary Busey's well made point , to highlight it would honor a great gentleman like Mr Swayze or does your TV company receive too much in the way of advertisement sponsorship to dare risk covering this important subject. I hope not and that you are not bought and paid for.
My heart goes out to Patrick's wife Lisa and well as his family.
Kindest Regards.

Brad Kropi   September 16th, 2009 3:10 am ET

Patrick i watch your movies every day my favs are ghost and black dog You will be missed by lots.

Mark Cardinale   September 16th, 2009 3:21 am ET

How awesome was Swazye in Point Break!!! We trusted you Bohdi!

Jan   September 16th, 2009 3:28 am ET

Dirty dancing and Point break. Must have seen them hundreds of times. Awesome actor and really down to earth, no major career incidents. Go with the wind, Patreick.

sgearl   September 16th, 2009 3:29 am ET

Patrick was underappreciated by critics, but overwhelmingly loved by fans. What does that say?

Opal M Mcmenomy   September 16th, 2009 4:27 am ET

Larry, The passing of Patrick Swayze is a loss of an American movie royal.
He is one of our actors that i would have loved to have grown old with watching his new movies.

The angles could not have a better Dance instructor.

My Heart and Prayers are with his loved ones,
God Bless him always.

Lana   September 16th, 2009 4:43 am ET

Dirty dancing and your very special character – RIP Patrick

Opal M Mcmenomy   September 16th, 2009 5:14 am ET

One of my first memories of Patrick Swayze was on tv's M.A.S.H.
Episode called (Blood Brothers) as (PVT. Gary Sturgis) aired 1981.
WoW was all i thought, and we'll see more of him i hoped
God bless you alway

KIYIMBA IVAN   September 16th, 2009 6:05 am ET

sways was man with great ent he not leave in our mind may he rest in peace GOD take care of his family members
stand up for cancer was great job he did for the whole world

irene gavilan   September 16th, 2009 10:23 am ET

I remember Patrick most fondly and specially for his role as Orry Main, on the tv series North and South.
It was wonderful! I was just a little girl and i remember falling head over heels in love with Orry.
Oh, how i still miss the good old days of my sweet youth.
Rest in peace, dear Patrick.
Irene

Stacey   September 16th, 2009 12:49 pm ET

DIRTY DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P Patrick

Patti   September 16th, 2009 7:28 pm ET

JEAN RATLIFF, SAN ANTONIO...What are you talking about..."DEMI MOORE LOOKS SO OLD." Have you looked in the mirror lately?

INTERNETFREEPRESS.COM   September 16th, 2009 9:40 pm ET

THE VAST MAJORITY OF REPUBLICANS ARE RACIST.

I AM A DEMOCRAT
But, what is the point in electing more democrats in 2010 if
the devil damn democrats we now have do not have the guts
to pass some kind of health-care bill; and maybe we should be
thinking Clinton for 2012. Just trying is not good enough, Mr. President.

WAKE UP MR. PRESIDENT!

MR. PRESIDENT, IT IS STUPID TO ASK STATES TO PUT UP MONEY
TO GET FEDERAL MONEY. STATES HAVE NO WAY TO GET MONEY
EXCEPT FROM TAXES. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS THE ABILITY TO CREATE MONEY, AND IT SHOULD.

EVERY LITTLE COUNTRY OF THE WORLD HAS THE POWER TO
CREATE MONEY; NOT ONE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES HAVE
THE POWER TO CREATE MONEY.

MONEY HAS TO BE CREATED BEFORE ITS EQUIVALENT VALUE
CAN BE PRODUCED. MONEY SHOULD ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE
FOR CREATING GOODS AND SERVICES.

IF PRESIDENT ROOSEVELT HAD LISTENED TO REPUBLICANS, ALL
OF US WOULD BE MARCHING TO THE GERMANY GOOSE STEP.
REPUBLICANS ARE TO BE PITIED, BUT IGNORED.

WHILE THE WORLD WALLOWED IN DEPRESSION, ADOLF HITLER WENT TO GREAT EXTREMES TO GAIN CONTROL OF THE
MONEY SUPPLY; AND THEN CREATED THE MONEY NEEDED TO PUT ALL THE PEOPLE TO WORK PRODUCING GOODS AND SERVICES. MR. PRESIDENT, ARTICLE 1, SECTION 8, OF THE CONSTITUTION GIVES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ALL THE POWER NEEDED TO PUT ALL THE PEOPLE BACK TO WORK OR
BACK IN SCHOOL. THIS RECESSION IS A PRODUCT OF IGNORANCE.

THE NATIONAL DEBT IS NOT NECESSARY. MONEY SHOULD BE TIED THE VALUE OF THE GOODS AND SERVICES THAT AMERICA'S HANDS AND MIND PRODUCE.

WE NEED TO GET OFF OF A GOLD STANDARD MENTALITY. WE DON'T NEED ANY OF CHINA'S MONEY. WE CAN NOT GO BANKRUPT UNLESS WE LET IGNORANCE RULE. WE CAN NATIONALIZE THE NATIONAL DEBT IF NECESSARY.

clara elton sharp   September 16th, 2009 11:08 pm ET

RIP, Patrick. He seemed to be one of those who doesn't require a lot of attention in the limelight, with an ego the size of mt everest. he seemed humble, but confident, and straigh forward, sticking to his own convictions.
Dirty Dancing was an awesome movie. But Ghost is my favorite. It has personal meaning for me. love lasts forever.

clara elton sharp   September 16th, 2009 11:11 pm ET

isn't this supposed to be a tribute to Patrick Swayze? Where are all these other comments coming from. LK has opportunities to speak your mind on all the issues. But this is about Patrick Swayze. Can't we just dedicate time to pay tribute....

Jennifer Young   October 11th, 2009 9:23 pm ET

My best memory of Patrick was simply his spirit. The man had energy like no other. A great humanitarian, performer, dancer, acter. He accomplished so much in such a short time. My condolences to Lisa, who he loved so much. Gone but you will never be forgotton Patrick. RIP my friend for now your pain is gone, you fought such a long courageous battle with cancer. Only the good die young. A huge loss to so many. Forever in my thoughts, prayers and heart. I love you Patrick Swayze, thank-you for your films and thank you for being you! Forever loved, forever missed. xoxoxox

Thomas Morris   June 21st, 2010 11:38 pm ET

for me, the greatest movie is non other than War of the Worlds.;,"

Francesca Webb   July 21st, 2010 1:34 am ET

i always collect the greatest movies from all decades including the 60's. i love to watch movies.';.

Cole Powell   September 6th, 2010 6:14 am ET

you could say that War of The Worlds is one of the greatest movies of all times-*~

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter