CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 30, 2009

Travis Barker Reacts to DJ AM's Sudden Death

Posted: 05:17 PM ET

From ETonline

art.dj.am.giTravis Barker is reacting to the death of his friend Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein. The rock drummer tweeted on Saturday, "Don't know how I am gonna play 2night but I am for AM. My brother is gone. I love u and miss u, I'll never forget all the good times we had." He went on to write, "I'll never forget everything we've been thru and every time I play the drums I'll think of you. U were an amazing friend/DJ/human being." In closing, he tweeted, "Rest In Peace my brother, this really ****s me up." Barker and Goldstein, who collaborated on music together, were the sole survivors of a 2008 plane crash that claimed four lives.

Filed under: Celebrity News

Janice   August 30th, 2009 6:28 pm ET

I really don't now who this poor young man is other than that he was in a plane crash a year ago. Tragic end to a short life.

Korky   August 31st, 2009 3:15 am ET

That is very sad and shocking news. I read an interview with Adam in People Magazine after the plane crash. I had no idea that this young man had already been through so much in his lifetime. It was really inspiring to hear about. He seemed to be doing well and looking forward to getting on with his life. I am so sad to hear about this. My condolences to his family and friends.

Sean   August 31st, 2009 8:06 am ET

Janice,

It truly is a tragic end because DJ AM lived through a plane crash last year while everyone else died except for him and Travis Barker; then he went on to die from a drug overdose. I think the Big Man upstairs was tired of giving this young man second chances.

Tragic... Yes. Ironic... Definitely.

Forsayer   August 31st, 2009 9:53 am ET

Did anybody say The Final Destination...

Chris Humbert   August 31st, 2009 12:05 pm ET

I have a suggestion I'd love to see Larry suggest. I mentioned this to several other sites at the birth of the Octo-babies but seems no one ever picked up on the idea. Maybe with Larry's influence, and since the Octo-mom now admits she messed up her life and all the kids' lives, maybe this could actually be considered.

I think the California Children's Services should intervene and provide options and support for a program to help all these children; my suggestion would be that two each of the twins be adopted out to four familes, with both mother and father, but then have an agreement that all four families meet with the Octo-mom family on a somewhat regular basis, like maybe one Sunday a month or every two months, so all of the children and Octo-mom and her other children will always be able to know one another, and know who their bio-mother is, and the children need not be estranged from one another through no fault of their own. I think maybe if they all knew they'd still be in one another's lives, this might be agreeable and best for the kids. I hope this idea could be seriously considered – SOMETHING has to be done to help with this situation. And the Octo-mom's doctor should be paying child support for all these babies! ...At least until they're legally adopted.
Thank you.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter