CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 19, 2009

Michael Jackson Portrait by Warhol Fetches $1 Million at Sale

Posted: 01:58 AM ET

Aug. 19 (Bloomberg) - A Michael Jackson portrait by Andy Warhol fetched more than $1 million at an East Hampton, New York auction, according to the gallery that handled the sale.

Vered Gallery said it sold the painting to an anonymous phone bidder and declined to give the exact transaction price. The 1984 artwork had fetched $278,500 at a Sotheby’s auction in New York on May 13.

Filed under: Larry King Live • Michael Jackson

Toni   August 19th, 2009 2:19 am ET

Why cant you vulchers at least wait until he is buried. I hope whoever bought it will treasure it. Michael deserved at least that much.

Jacquelyn   August 19th, 2009 2:27 am ET

Why is everyone so concern with making money off of him? Just keep it and cherish it, I know I would.

lindafromnewyork   August 19th, 2009 2:45 am ET

I know–it is really sickening–Why would you sell something like that? I too hope that the person who bought it is a real fan.

jdf from holland   August 19th, 2009 5:52 am ET

WHO HAS NO HAIR AND A FUNNY NOSE MICHEY MOUSE NO MIKEY JUNK JACKSON

chris   August 19th, 2009 8:48 am ET

Hopefully a true fan purchased it. I know if I had a portrait of Michael I would treasure it forever. Love you always, MJ!

Malaika   August 19th, 2009 8:57 am ET

MJ ROCKS!!!

Stu,Hungary   August 19th, 2009 9:12 am ET

How thay can sell that?Jessus,this family is nothing,but money.I am wundering,if thay loved Michael.

Patty Anderson   August 19th, 2009 10:00 am ET

Good Morning everyone. I have the day off today so I can join everyone today. I see on the other blog charges are coming... OK When???

Luda   August 19th, 2009 10:24 am ET

LOL Stu, the first line of your message to Jolly was very funny!

Lori   August 19th, 2009 10:33 am ET

I don't believe this painting was owned by the Jackson family, nor was it an estate asset. It was privately owned and that person put it up for auction and now somebody else has it. They are probably hoping to resell it later for a higher price. The original seller, did pretty well, more than tripeling what he paid for it a few months ago.

Stu,Hungary   August 19th, 2009 10:34 am ET

Thanks Luda,it was supos to be 😀
How about this to Gearald Jolly? –!-

Patty Anderson   August 19th, 2009 10:42 am ET

Ok Lori so this wasn't one of the portraits he had at his home then?

So the informer disappears again, Jolly wolly pants comes back and John appears. Maybe they are all Melissa and her daughter????? Or one in the same person someone with a very twisted mind. Even a mental institution won't help Jolly pants. very twisted person

Patty Anderson   August 19th, 2009 10:50 am ET

Correction on my last comment. JDF from Holland not John. OOops sorry John

Cocovelvet   August 19th, 2009 12:40 pm ET

......I think this person trying to sell this portrait of MJ thinks he is the most lucky person in this Earth to be able to gamble around with MJ's picture.... 😦

WHAT A PATHETIC CHARACTER; YOU MUST REALLY BE IN AN EMERGENCY NEED FOR $$$$$$$ BUDDIE !!!......

WHY ARE YOU SELLING THAT PORTRAIT ??....KEEP IT MAN !!!......

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter