CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 11, 2009

"Idol" Judges Mourn Paula's Departure

Posted: 02:53 PM ET

From AccessHollywood.com

Paula Abdul’s sudden departure from “American Idol” last week was still fresh in the minds and hearts of her former “American Idol” colleagues during auditions in Denver on Friday.

art.abdul.gi“I’m kind of in black, because I’m mourning,” Kara DioGuardi told reporters. “I’m mourning her leaving the show. She was really, you know, the heart of the show, [she] was incredibly nurturing.”

Randy Jackson said even though Paula wasnt with them in Denver, her presence will always be felt at the judges’ table.

”[I’m] really shocked and really sad and really just couldn’t believe that she’s not here…we love her,” he said. “I’m sure she’s gonna be great at whatever she decides to do and wherever that takes her… but she’s still family, she’s still part of this as far as I’m concerned.”

Paula and Simon may have fought relentlessly during their time together on the FOX reality competition – but the British judge explained that he was actually really close to Paula.

“She was like my, best, best buddy really on the show,” Simon told reporters. “And you only realize how much you miss somebody when they are not there…I am sad.”

“Idol” host Ryan Seacrest said he believes Paula is handling the situation quite well.

“She seems to be doing just fine” he said of the former judge. “But we are there for her, we’ll support her.”

Filed under: American Idol

Lori   August 11th, 2009 2:56 pm ET

I'm done with Idol. It needs Paula. Give her the respect and the $$.

Lori   August 11th, 2009 2:57 pm ET

You guys should make an effort to get her back!

michele canada   August 11th, 2009 3:07 pm ET

no Paula and Simon...i'm done with idol

Rose   August 11th, 2009 3:43 pm ET

After the voting scam causing Adam Lambert to lose, many people are through with American Idol. It's lost its credibility. The show is suppose to select a star, not vote one out based on manipulation of the AT&T phone system (Kris Allen fans were given free-text messaging service to vote for him – not available to Adam's fans), voting on the basis of religious commonality (ie. Kris Allen's Christian supporters) and homophobic tendencies against Adam.

Fox declined to state how many more votes Kris got over Adam (probably due to cause further controversy). What ever happened to talent? This show is done.

Lana T   August 11th, 2009 7:01 pm ET

Is simon leaving too?

Honorine   August 11th, 2009 7:08 pm ET

Kara mourns Paula's absence? CAMOUFLAGE!!!!
Maybe she just now realizes the effects of something u MIGHT wish for.
Anyway, nice jesture!!!!!!!
I think Paula will come back if they make an effort to bring her back. Simon alone is very boring and annoying. The Paula flavor just needs to be there. She blends in just right for the show to remain interesting and fun to watch. Idol without Simon writing on Paula's face and so on? We need that.She is the one who keeps IDOL being talked about the next day.

Please try to bring her back!!!!!!

Terry, TX   August 11th, 2009 7:29 pm ET

Nobody cares about Paula....another celebrity freak with a drug problem.

vitoria   August 11th, 2009 8:54 pm ET

Mybe instead of the compliments and the warm words , American Idol jury Ex co works of Paula , they should stand by her and pressure the producers to meet her demand , do not forget you are the original people that contributed to this successful show , more consideration should had given to Paula , you might be the next "we love her " is not enough support for Paula , after all she is only a woman !

Lana T   August 11th, 2009 8:59 pm ET

Is Simon quiting too? 🙂

Lana T   August 11th, 2009 8:59 pm ET

I meant. 😦

Toni   August 11th, 2009 11:01 pm ET

Hey Lana T. 😀
Nobody wants to answer you. Come visit with us, we'll talk to ya!!

b   August 11th, 2009 11:36 pm ET

It won't be the same without Paula.
Please bring her back!

Lisa   August 12th, 2009 12:19 am ET

I will take Paula's IDOL deal that she passed up... and she can work my $42,000 a year job in the healthcare industry and wonder month to month whether or not she has a job. Greed gets your nowhere... and what you think isn't fair, to someone else is a dream come true. Everytime I think of my situation, I turn my thoughts to someone else who is living in poverty with no food... and then I am thankful for what I have...

idzan ismail of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   August 12th, 2009 9:13 am ET

Give me Paula anytime.
Dont like her replacement Victoria Beckham.
She's too plastic.

tony chu   August 12th, 2009 1:28 pm ET

People!

Get a LIFE!

She’s only a has been ex-star, one of 4 people on a panel judging amateurs. It’s just someone leaving a JOB. The show goes on. Or maybe it doesn’t – if it collapses because of this then it really was just a house of cards, wasn’t it?

Surely your lives and happiness do not depend on this. Please tell me they don’t. That would be pathetic.

Keith Cole   August 12th, 2009 9:16 pm ET

I really wish that someone could explain to me what the fear is over Obama's Health Care Reform. The videos I have seen covering these Town Hall meetings border on ridiculous.

Ray Pye   August 13th, 2009 12:25 am ET

Hi Wolf

Thanks for viewing the opinion of Dr. Weil, a refreshing view on the underlying truth about the American health care "Business".
The health care issue is a fundimental battle of the health care business versus the quality of outcomes at an affordable price for all classes in America.

I support more televised debate from both sides of the debate just like CNN had during the election. The healthcare issue is pivotal for American economy and way of life.

Ray Pye

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter