CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

July 27, 2009

Michael Jackson's Shocking Lyrics

Posted: 10:02 PM ET

It's shocking to hear Michael Jackson sing about the powerful prescription drug Demerol.  We had hoped to play this for you tonight during the live show, but technical glitches prevented us from doing so.

While the song's not new, it's still worth a listen.   No video was ever made for this song.  The video in this clip is from other Jackson songs.

"Morphine" was a song off of Michael Jackson's 1997 album Blood on the Dance Floor.

In this song Jackson sings, "Trust in me, trust in me, put all your trust in me, you're doin' Demerol. Oh God, he's taking Demerol."

Listen to this clip at about 2:30 in to the song to hear Jackson's lyrics.

According to reports, Demerol isn't considered to be the drug that killed Jackson, it was the anesthetic propofol.

Filed under: Larry King Live • Michael Jackson

Jacquelyn   July 27th, 2009 10:11 pm ET

Didn't I post this up the other day? What are you guys doing CNN scanning people post for your next show?

LindafromNewYork   July 27th, 2009 10:21 pm ET

Jacquelin:
i think we need to get off this blog–They definitely are scanning what we say. We don't want to give them any fuel to use against Michael.

Jacquelyn   July 27th, 2009 10:24 pm ET

Your right. I am out of here

Toni   July 27th, 2009 10:26 pm ET

No matter what, they will pin everything on Michael as being a drug addict{that nobody helped} plain and simple.
Toobin, on CNN is already defending Murry.Saying he should only get malpractice. Unbelievable, what a low life.

Toni   July 27th, 2009 10:27 pm ET

Wait, where do we go?

Jacquelyn   July 27th, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Toni

Toobin, Can go suck on a rotten egg.

Jacquelyn   July 27th, 2009 10:30 pm ET

Any other post but this one.

Mary U from Ohio   July 27th, 2009 10:34 pm ET

The reason the song couldn't play cause GOD and MICHAEL put a Stop to it. Haven't you embarrassed him enough??

So what Michael wrote a song Called Morphine... ERIC CLAPTON wrote a Song Called COCAINE... Your point is???????

Toni   July 27th, 2009 10:41 pm ET

Mary U:
Good one. Keep em coming girls {oh i think there may be guys on here too, is there?}.

skal   July 27th, 2009 10:45 pm ET

Though he wrote this song in 1997 he was alive till 2009.

Jacquelyn   July 27th, 2009 10:46 pm ET

Mary U from Ohio

true.

And I just gave these fools the correct link. I will never do that again

Mary U from Ohio   July 27th, 2009 10:50 pm ET

LindafromNewYork... I started seeing what CNN was doing... We need to attack back to them and ask the same questions back have them answer.. They put like.... What do you think to a question... Below it Saying We like to hear from you...
Do you think Dr.Murry is responsible for Michael's Death... They have been doing this since Michael's Death... We are now just catching on to the media... Anything to keep a story going whether it hurts Michael or his Family.. They are Heartless when it comes to keeping a talk show on the air.
Read my comment on .. Do you think Dr.Murray was responsible for Michael's death and on CNN other blogs. I just going back at them...with questions that can't be answered..

Mary U from Ohio   July 27th, 2009 11:01 pm ET

To Toni and Jacquelyn, too everyone..
Every time they come out with another thing on Michael or his family or anything... Just fire back at them. We can Silence the Media. We out number the Media.

LindafromNewYork   July 27th, 2009 11:05 pm ET

CNN will not be getting any more information from me regaring MJ.

Jacquelyn   July 27th, 2009 11:07 pm ET

same here I said all that needed to be said. Linda did you get my invite?

LindafromNewYork   July 27th, 2009 11:08 pm ET

I remember mentioning that I listened to that song and I thought the lyrics were very moving. They certainly jumped on it.

LindafromNewYork   July 27th, 2009 11:09 pm ET

I think I'm done with CNN–what about you guys–

Jacquelyn   July 27th, 2009 11:12 pm ET

I love the song, just like I do with all of Michael's song. But I see people want to make it into something dirty.

Linda I am right beside you. I am on YIM did you get it?

Toni   July 27th, 2009 11:56 pm ET

Why isn't anybody signed into the new website that was made for us. Iwas just there and no familiar names.

Toni   July 27th, 2009 11:58 pm ET

Jacquelyn, I must have not got the symbol foe the letters right.

Lori   July 28th, 2009 12:28 am ET

We should make a time to go to our group page~

Toni   July 28th, 2009 12:32 am ET

I thought I was there, but no familiar names. I hope I got the right one.

Toni   July 28th, 2009 12:34 am ET

Damn, I meant to tell Jacquelyn that I must have got the letters wrong.

daisy   July 28th, 2009 2:43 am ET

Actually I think the song "MOrphine" shows how horrible the doctors have been and how they have gotten mj hooked....."Trust in me, trust in me, put all your trust in me"– which is what he did.....that is the doctors speaking and telling him it's Ok.to trust them. Docs take an oath "Do no harm"..why shouldn't mj trust them. But, look where it got him. Mj didn't shop for doctors, doctors shopped for mj. This blog gives us power.

Toni   July 28th, 2009 3:14 am ET

I never thought of it that way, but you are exactly right. MJ always told a story or found a way to express his own feelings in all of his songs. I really think you're right.

Toni   July 28th, 2009 3:15 am ET

Did anyone ever find out who gave Michael his 5 hr physical.

daisy   July 28th, 2009 3:22 am ET

Toni
yes. Dr. Slavik hired by AEG

Lori   July 28th, 2009 4:06 am ET

daisy & Toni
yes. Dr. Slavik hired by AEG
__________

At least that is what Randy Phillips said. I think the insurance broker hired the doctor – not AEG

daisy   July 28th, 2009 4:42 am ET

Dr. Slavik was not doing his job. I really don't think mj should have passed that physical....couldn't he see the track marks and all the other signs? Didn't he do a urine test? or a stress test? What exactly does a doctor do for 5 hours? What about a psychiatric evaluation- to decide if he was emotionally up to doing the concert? His last concert was over 10 years ago-

helena   July 28th, 2009 5:13 am ET

in his song he sang his pain!!!! he was saying it all along! but no one then heard him. Only now because he's dead.. all his songs had meaning of his life and sending messages out. We're was anyone then to hear his need for help!!!!!!!!!!! RIP MJ

Ce Ce   July 28th, 2009 6:43 am ET

What could you and I have done to help him out of his lonelyness and the subsequent addiction to numb his psychological pain?
What could we have done?
What can we learn from this?
What can the media and those of us who support it do to stop something like that from repeating?
What could we have done?

Jacquelyn   July 28th, 2009 7:52 am ET

Toni

What letters was wrong?

Mary U from Ohio   July 28th, 2009 8:38 am ET

I Listen to the Lyrics... Listen to it again... He is talking about someone else he was tyring to help...God People... Can't you see. this is just another one to use against Michael... Cause the song title Morphine..
They taken it and twisted the words... To point fingers at him....
Michael wasn't to help Children, People... Sounds to me Michael wrote about someone he cared about that wouldn't listen that he couldn't help...

Nothing more nothing less.. The real Fans of Michaels Should Know This....

Mary U from Ohio   July 28th, 2009 8:47 am ET

The one above there is a spelling error ( wasn't) .... I made the correction ... Michael wanted to help Children and People..

I Listen to the Lyrics… Listen to it again… He is talking about someone else he was tyring to help…God People… Can’t you see. this is just another one to use against Michael… Cause the song title Morphine..
They taken it and twisted the words… To point fingers at him….
Michael wanted to help Children and People… Sounds to me Michael wrote about someone he cared about that wouldn’t listen that he couldn’t help…

Nothing more nothing less.. The real Fans of Michaels Should Know This….

Linda from New York   July 28th, 2009 11:03 am ET

Why don't we all go in at 11:15

Toni   July 28th, 2009 12:35 pm ET

Nevermind, I went to the supposed new site last night when you all left, but I've screwed up somehow. Computer illiterate I guess. I don't think I got the address right.
Nice to have you and Linda back.

Belgium   July 28th, 2009 12:56 pm ET

I think this video shows a different Michael Jackson than we have seen so far.

It's getting more and more clear that he was addicted to a lot of prescription drugs. It's a shame that he had to die so young but maybe his pain is over now.

In the end, and I don't care how many people say he looked energetic, he looked awful.

Jacquelyn   July 28th, 2009 1:46 pm ET

Toni

Thanks 🙂

joan   July 28th, 2009 1:50 pm ET

i think this song was about what lisa marie said to him about taking drugs(demerol) and him trying to explain why he was taking it! Kicked in the back, a heart attack, maybe he means the accusations by chandler etc. I think it is lisa freaking out saying "oh god he's taking demerol" then yelling at him saying he's got sh*t and she trusted him not to do it and then he does it again. this is the reason she left him DRUGS and never wanted to say it to the public. alot of mj songs at this time are about her i think and her songs are about him (to whom it may concern) i think they really!!!! loved each other but drugs got in the way.

Toni   July 28th, 2009 2:48 pm ET

Joan
I agree with you. I think their love was real, and Lisa is blaming herself for walking away. I feel bad for her losing the two of most important and beloved men in the world , to the same thing. It is almost eery that she be caught in the middle of these two famous men. I hope she will be able to get past this enough to enjoy her own life. They both would have wanted that for her.

Toni   July 28th, 2009 3:22 pm ET

Belgium
I agree he did look frail, But his voice still sounded beautiful and strong. Nothing could take that beautiful voice from him. He kept that till the last second.

joan   July 28th, 2009 3:45 pm ET

toni. i hope lisa is able to get past this also, but some how i don't think this will be easy. i think michael was a man with alot of emotions , intro spective,playful, serious , full of desire and even anger. things we all feel and different times and situations. if people would take the time to read his lyrics and think, they would gain insight into who he was and why he did things. He wrote alot of it down just opted not to name names. maybe now lisa maire will be able to talk more candid about their relationship now that he's pasted and set the record straight . She was the only one with nothing to gain from him. I feel it would probably be the most honest!
just wouldn't want it to hurt lisa marie and keep bringing back the strong emotions.

Toni   July 28th, 2009 3:59 pm ET

Joan
She was the only one {that we know of} that was that close and intimate with him. However I'm sure there are alot of things that she wants to keep private just between she and Michael. It's only a matter of time before the media go after her asking terrible and private questions. But I think she is already use to that after her dad, and I don't think she will say anything to degrade Michael and take away from his already attacked legacy. She loved him and I think Lisa has the attitude to put the media in their place. She felt and heard his most private thoughts and I think she will keep alot of that to herself. And for her and Michaels sake, I hope she does. I hope she will say somethings to set the record straight , and I think she will when she feels it's the right time.

Jacquelyn   July 28th, 2009 4:06 pm ET

Toni

I hope she is respectful and wont turn on him like others have done. Besides Priscillia might like it if Lisa doesnt talk about him period, being that she though Michael was using her daughter.

Cocovelvet   July 28th, 2009 4:30 pm ET

Toni,

I agree with you that MJ and Lisa Marie really loved each other. For me they were the perfect couple and they somehow suited each other.

Its quite a coincidence that last night I went through all their videos on youtube and I was so impressed by the way they seemed so intimate with each other, especially in that video of the MTV awards were they came on stage and kissed each other infront of the crowd.

I really believe also that there must have been something around MJ which disturbed Lisa and later led to their divorce. And if that was drugs, I think it could have caused a frinzzy on her; she must have felt afraid, and even angry about that because these drugs are the same things which also killed her father Elvis (even though not the same drugs ). So , she could have probably felt she didn't want to be directly affected emotionally as it did with her father.

All the same, I salute her for keeping it known to herself and MJ , even long after they were divorced.

Jacquelyn   July 28th, 2009 4:36 pm ET

Cocovelvet

I agree. Everyone else seem to be quick to sell a story for their own benefit. But then again Lisa doesnt need the money and I am pretty sure she values what she had with Michael.

mariau   July 29th, 2009 1:08 pm ET

linda from new york, jacquelyn its true, i agree, they scanning it of, and even the link you post, they remove it. i dont get it, i dont understand,
well beside this box message there's cnn comment polic..
ok, but we never said anything brutal here. or we never wrote anything brutal here.. we just want to express our deep emotions about mj.

mariau   July 29th, 2009 1:10 pm ET

linda from new york, jacquelyn
well beside this box message there's cnn comment polic..

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter