CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

July 1, 2009

Family: Michael Jackson viewing won't happen at Neverland

Posted: 06:16 PM ET
Graumann's Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles is the scene of a makeshift Michael Jackson memorial Wednesday.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) - Michael Jackson's family will not hold a public or private viewing of his body at the Neverland Ranch, a spokesman for the family said Wednesday.

"Plans are under way regarding a public memorial for Michael Jackson, and we will announce those plans shortly," Ken Sunshine said in a written statement.

Jackson's will, which was filed in court Wednesday and dated July 7, 2002, did not specify where he wished to be buried.

Jackson placed his entire estate, which he estimated to be worth at least $500 million, in the Michael Jackson Family Trust, which was described in another document not filed in court.

Sunshine's statement also said that the Jackson family had just hired his public relations firm.

Confusion and speculation spread in recent days over where and when a memorial service for Jackson might be held.

Planning had been under way for a motorcade to carry Jackson's body from Los Angeles to the Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara County, California, which state and local officials suggested would be difficult and costly.

A public viewing at Neverland Ranch on Friday had also been under consideration, law enforcement sources said.

The mother of Jackson's two oldest children was left out of Jackson's will.

'Michael Jackson: Man in the Mirror' (Replay)
CNN's Don Lemon takes an in-depth look at Michael Jackson's life and legacy. His childhood, his music, his finances, his influence. Don't miss this CNN Presents special.
Saturday and Sunday, 8 p.m. ET

"I have intentionally omitted to provide for my former wife, Deborah Rowe Jackson," the will said.

The pop star died Thursday at age 50. While it will be up to a court to decide who gets custody of Jackson's three children, the singer chose his mother, Katherine Jackson, as their guardian. If Katherine Jackson, 79, is not living, Jackson said, "I nominate Diana Ross as guardian."

The children - ages 7, 11 and 12 - have been placed under his mother's temporary guardianship.

Jackson attorney John Branca, attorney Barry Siegel and John McClain, a music industry executive and longtime Jackson friend, were named as executors of the will. Video Watch as the details of the will are revealed »

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff held an emergency hearing Wednesday morning to consider a request to immediately turn over control of the estate to Branca and McClain.

Beckloff decided there was no urgency to replace Katherine Jackson, whom he appointed temporary administrator this week. Another hearing has been set for next Monday.

Branca and McClain issued a joint statement Wednesday: "The most important element of Michael's will is his unwavering desire that his mother, Katherine, become the legal guardian for his three children. As we work to carry out Michael's instructions to safeguard both the future of his children as well as the remarkable legacy he left us as an artist we ask that all matters involving his estate be handled with the dignity and the respect that Michael and his family deserve."

The question of what killed Jackson last week has gone unanswered pending toxicology results. Fans across the globe Tuesday continued to mourn Jackson five days after the 50-year-old singer went into cardiac arrest.

In New York, thousands lined the streets Tuesday outside Harlem's Apollo Theater, the hall that helped launch Jackson's career.

At 9, the singer won a 1967 Apollo amateur night showcase with his brothers.

"We left our house at 4 o'clock in the morning and got here at 9, and we were lucky to get here," said Angela Staples, who came from Pennsylvania with daughter Jasmine.

For many of Jackson's fans, the cause of his death bore less significance than remembering his life.

On Wednesday, the top nine positions on Billboard magazine's top pop catalog albums chart housed Jackson-related titles. Video Watch how singer's death has spurred sales »

Jackson's hometown of Gary, Indiana, angled to have its favorite son buried there and planned a massive memorial service at a local ballpark in July.

Gary Mayor Rudy Clay told a Chicago, Illinois, radio station Tuesday that he has been in contact with the Jackson family about the burial.

A burial site could be near a proposed Jackson family museum and a performing arts center, said mayoral spokeswoman Lalosa Burns, who said Clay hadn't received any confirmation.

Clay told WGN that he expects Jackson's body, at the least, will be taken to Gary for a July 10 memorial service at U.S. Steel Works ballpark.

Jackson's father, Joe, has said Neverland Ranch has been ruled out as a burial site, but the family has given no public indication of where the singer's final resting place may be.

Michael Jackson purchased Neverland Ranch - named for the fictional world in J.M. Barrie's "Peter Pan" - in 1987 and filled it with animals and amusement rides.

Tom Barrack Jr., the billionaire who engineered Jackson's financial rescue last year and gained control of the ranch through his company, said the property's future will be discussed later.

Filed under: Larry King Live • Michael Jackson

Maggie   July 1st, 2009 6:31 pm ET

The death of Michael Jackson and the continuing media coverage is a testament to America's obsession with their celebrities. Wow, you would think that MJ cured cancer, eliminated poverty, hunger, despair and war. Some are even claiming he "paved the way" for Opra and Obama. Gimme a break! Yes MJ was a talented muscian and performer, but that is it. Please let the guy rest in peace and get on with the real news of the day.

MotleyB   July 1st, 2009 6:46 pm ET

Michael Jackson was misunderstood ,when you are born with a gift from god its different then someone who learn a skill. Everyone is not on the same level and Michael was on another level. (a good one)
People judged him is it envy or jealousy. Thank You

Akin Famoyegun   July 1st, 2009 7:06 pm ET

I have never seen Mj once just only from the Tv.. but my first day i saw this guy dancing and singing i have it in mind to just see him once in my life coz is an Hero....
No one i have ever seeing that ever perform 20% of is attitude... this guy is real...
No more music and no more dance again since he died... i do not like music and dancing again becoz MJ has gone with them.. he was the one that has all this coz he's talented from God...
I think we should say this King David blood from the bible... MJ i love you so much and forever i will do...
Say hi to my grandpa... Pa Famoyegun when u get to heaven... and please look back at your kids and your lovely family dnt leave them once... We all love you... Akin Famoyegun from Nigeria

cyrus   July 1st, 2009 7:22 pm ET

Michael trusted her mom and Diana Ross over his abusive father; we will miss him a lot. Why nobody's talking about the coup in Iran, the fact that the Basij are helping The Taliban’s, Hamas, Mehdi army and other terrorist’s organizations all over the world. Why you guys are almost forgetting about thousands of kidnapped students who are being tortured everyday in evin and elsewhere for the cause of democracy? What about the Basij’s spy network in USA and Canada? Larry we love you'r show but recently you don’t seem to care much about world Terrorism problems that we’re facing day to day from Binladen and Khamenei.
Cyrus

Gordon Miller   July 1st, 2009 7:29 pm ET

I don't think Mark Sanford should resign just because of adultery. He should resign or be impeached because he is displaying all the classic symptoms of a narcissistic, sanctimonious personality disorder which makes him incompetent to be governor and unable to be a good husband and father. Look up the medical definitions of narcissism and see that they fit his actions perfectly.

Ruby Coria, L.A., CA.   July 1st, 2009 7:36 pm ET

Larry, this is the part that is going to be messy, oh no the `Will', that topic is a spider web, to hard to follow.
Gov. Mark Sanford, should had been `FIRE' Yesterday! What happen?, why is he still there., He was a NO Show, NO Call on the job & not just any job., all companys FIRE you for that! Fire, him now.

Margie   July 1st, 2009 7:41 pm ET

Why didn't he adopt children instead of going through all this fiasco especially since it seems he was not the biological father anyway?

Sheri LaVerne   July 1st, 2009 7:44 pm ET

I was very sad to hear the news of Michael jacksons death. My heart goes out to his family. I have worked in health care for many years, and am very upset about this nures that has come out saying Michael jackson asked her about a drug to help him sleep. I think this is a gross violation of the HIPPA Law, I think she should loose her license. She was not asked by a court of law to supply any medical information that Michael may have been treated for, suffered from or or asked her about. If her story is even true? Maybe she just wants her 15 min. of fame.Her story seems to be growing every time she tells it on a news channel.

Anthony P.   July 1st, 2009 8:07 pm ET

First of all let me say that my thoughts are with Katherine Jackson and the children that lost the father they loved so much. He must have been a great father for them to love him so dearly. Next, as far as Joe goes? It is said to see that even in after his death, Michael still seems to mean nothing else to his father than dollar signs. Immediately after his death was announced, Joe made sure to get his face on TV, the spotlight on him, and give a verbal advertisement for his record label. Who would want to work for Joe Jackson? If his own son couldn't stand him, and said he was abusive, how can anybody have a desire to be around him. And everybody always wondered the truth about Michael and his ever changing look.....would you want to see a man that you despised every time you looked in the mirror? Maybe the man in the mirror was his father.

Dee Martine   July 1st, 2009 8:30 pm ET

Few songs trigger my heart, soul and joyful emotions as ABC/123; I'll be there. I grew up with his rhythm in the background

The "Man in the mirror" makes me think about just that.

Watching MJ perform expertly at such a young age with his talented brothers has been and is so nice to see.

Regardless the nature of MJ's personal life he contributed greatly to the happiness of a multitude worldwide over the years and will continue to do so forever.

Michael Jackson's legacy is the body of his work as an icon Artist, a humanitarian, a father, an innocent man.

MJ is gone too soon. He is too young to die. The same can be said for all those who have left us prematurely , famous or not. As the saying goes, "only the good dies young. He should be embalmed. As some of his music video footage shows he would not mind and we would all be happy to know he is still among us somehow.

Long live MJ in our hearts.

Dee Martine

Margie   July 1st, 2009 8:45 pm ET

Does the family fear Michael's grave could be vandalized and will have his remains cremated?

Mona Lisa Wessel   July 1st, 2009 8:59 pm ET

Larry, don't you think everyone who not that long ago felt Michael Jackson was an irrelevant freak (and that is a whole lot of people) owe him a HUGE apology???? I am talking about a LOT of people who are now suddenly coming out of the woodwork claiming to be his friends and biggest fans. The SAME people who would not give him the time of day during his darkest hours not so long ago. The same people whom Rev. Al Sharpton said (I think on your show) the day Michael Jackson died, "Where were they yesterday?" Unfortunately, I felt the same way – that he was an irrelevant freak – and am sickened and ashamed that I, too had forgotten what a brilliant kind man, cultural giant and musical genius he was and how much he had meant to me and to so many people around the whole world growing up. There are no more adjectives left that have not already been used to describe him, and nothing that can be said to make up for how bad I feel for having dismissed him in recent years as a weirdo and a has-been. Michael, I am SO, SO SORRY.

angela   July 1st, 2009 9:02 pm ET

Nevermind Neverland, Typical Jackson family chaos: was that really really neccessary to do that to his fans? People just need to go home and stop it with the hysteria, there are more dignified ways to honor him.

John Sparacio   July 1st, 2009 9:04 pm ET

the nurse maybe lying. yesterday she said on the phone that she went out and called the doctor friend. today she said she looked up the demeral on an ipod? which is it.

Jkatosh   July 1st, 2009 9:06 pm ET

MJ will live on in the hearts of all his fans. long live the King!

Mara   July 1st, 2009 9:06 pm ET

Its not a surprise that Diana Ross was named to care for his children Michael loved Diana Ross

Paula in Albuquerque   July 1st, 2009 9:07 pm ET

If Michael is not to be memorialized, or buried at Neverland...then, why is Larry King broadcasting from there, tomorrow night?

Sherri Murray   July 1st, 2009 9:09 pm ET

It is amazing to me that who say they are friends of Michael Jackson are all looking for their 5 minutes of fame. They are Despicable!! I would like this man to be left alone. Remember he has 3 kids and they hear all of what you are saying about their father! We should celebrate his life instead of ripping it apart by trying to figure out whether he was addicted to drugs or not. Who really cares. Remember him for the GREAT ARTIST he was and the loving FATHER IS WAS and not what people are trying to make him out as.

Margie   July 1st, 2009 9:10 pm ET

I was wondering why Michael specifically stated in his will he is omitting his ex-wife Debra Rowe but did not mention Lisa Marie Presley one way or the other?

Tau   July 1st, 2009 9:10 pm ET

Larry King Live is a tabloid program.

I am really sadden by your tabloid personality and lack of real journalism in your presentation of Michael Jackson. Instead of you respecting the truth of what you don't know, you accept anything. I just hope that this does not happen to you.
What happen to real jounalism... L

MaryAnn   July 1st, 2009 9:12 pm ET

I really don't believe the nurse...

Gloria Adams   July 1st, 2009 9:13 pm ET

Michael Jackson was truly amazing...above and beyond. I am so sad and still shocked by his death. I had always wanted to meet him in person...It will never happen now...My prayers to the family at this time. May their loving memories of Michael give them strength day by day. I wish I could personally send them a sympathy card and flowers for Michael's funeral....So sad and tragic.......I felt like I lost a family member when the news was announced of his death..I couldn't think straight that day...It was terrible news...

May Michael rest in peace.

Love to the family,

Gloria Adams

jacob   July 1st, 2009 9:13 pm ET

RIP MICHAEL YOU WILL BE IN OUR HEART FOREVER

Tiffany James   July 1st, 2009 9:14 pm ET

MJ gone too soon.......a major icon to so many!!!!! I understand the family being unsure as to how to conduct his funeral and rememberance. The family would like to do what is right for Michael, his kids and the family...at the same time they want to allow the public to participate to some degree. I hope the family comes up with a plan, that puts MJ, his kids, and the family first......so they can say their goodbyes privately.....at the same time I hope the public is allowed to say their good-byes too. Then after the funeral....I believe the media should step back and give the Jackson family time to mourn and time to be together as a family.

elyse zaccaro   July 1st, 2009 9:15 pm ET

I have been watching with overwhelming sadness and shock at the many, many people (celebrities included) who have taken to the media to express their great love and respect for Michael.
Journalists who crucified him during his life... and especially his trial... are now offering sound-bites tinged with grief. Hundreds ... thousands?... gathered around the world to mourn and express their love.
Had he felt the love an adoration that is pouring out now perhaps he would not have been living in near exile all these years. Michael was called every name in the book... guilty before proven innocent ...and apparently more respected in death than in life. I did not know him personally but he directly touched my life. This is my story of the day that Michael Jackson called to thank me.

Back in 2000 I was a producer at VH1... I was assigned to do a 2 hour retrospective of Michael... "Michael Jackson: King of Videos" it was called. The show was not easy to do. I was denied footage and music (mostly by Motown) ... new interviews were few and far between. The writer that I hired made such a mockery of Michael's achievements that I fired him and wrote the show myself. Another producer and I worked round the clock for months to get the show on the air. "King Of Videos" premiered in October 2000...and repeated countless times after that. Weeks later I was on vacation in the Caribbean. One day ... in the late afternoon... I returned to my hotel room to find the message light blinking... there were several messages from my boss (VH1's News Director) asking me to call him immediately... Tommy Mottola's office needed to get in touch with me ASAP about "King of Videos." I panicked... Tommy was then the President of Sony Records ... he must be angry about something in the show. This couldn't be good.. I was sure I was going to be fired. I called my office... my boss was excited, breathless... when he heard my voice... "No" he managed to choke out.. "It wasn't Tommy who wanted to find me it was Michael." Of course I thought I was the victim of a one great big practical joke.... and got angry that I was being yanked around on vacation... but I was assured that this was the real deal. So I immediately called Tommy's office... his assistant confirmed that "Yes, Michael wanted to speak to me right away... would I hold on please? " Elyse I have Michael for you"... I froze... and then I heard him.. HIM. "Hello...Elyse... it's Michael." And it WAS Michael. Soft spoken... the king of pop. "Elyse, I'm so sorry to disturb you on your vacation... I just wanted to tell you thank you. I saw the show you did about me.. "King of Videos " and it made me cry. I loved it. I wrote down your name and had to find you to thank you." Thank ME? I told him how much I loved his music... how great I thought he was.. how amazing his career had been. He was shocked by my words . "Really? Really?" he kept asking. He was genuinely surprised by my praise and the impact he had on me (and the rest of the world!)
I also shared that I currently had "Off The Wall" in my Discman and that I worked out to it earlier that day. " Wow. Do you really still listen to that album? " I don't remember everything that was said but I will never forget that call. Before we hung up he said "I want to wish you and your family a Merry, Merry Christmas. God Bless you Elyse."
God bless you too Michael and God rest your soul.

Elyse Zaccaro

Janice   July 1st, 2009 9:15 pm ET

I do not feel the nurse would have anything to gain by lying.
If I was the family I'd want to know if there was Diprivan
in his system or in the house.Of course if it was in
the house as long as it was not in his system at time of
death,but if so then question is did he inject himself,or
did someone else.I don't think there would be
anyone who would admit to injecting him,but I have some
serious serious questions Larry. I love your show.

Paula in Albuquerque   July 1st, 2009 9:16 pm ET

Neverland was so beautiful, before Michael's money troubles caused him to lose some his total control of it. It's a magnificent piece of land! I'd give ANYTHING to spend my retirement, there...

Sandy   July 1st, 2009 9:16 pm ET

Sad we are just now understanding this misunderstood man. The world will never see his incredible talent again. What innovation and genius we are only just now fully appreciating. We love MJ and thank him for all he gave the world. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

mike   July 1st, 2009 9:17 pm ET

does anyone understand what RIP means stop all this crazy digging up everything,he was a great entertainer give him credit for that and let the man rest in peace.........God bless his family for having to hear all this crap and it is a bunch of crap.RIP Michael

Mara   July 1st, 2009 9:17 pm ET

Seems like Joe Jackson made fun of Michael's nose so Michael had surgery....then I remember the media making fun of Michael saying he looked like Diana Ross so he had more surgery..it's like the media and Joe and the world put so much pressure on him that he just didn't know what he should look like and went through all this surgery..God bless him...

angela   July 1st, 2009 9:18 pm ET

why comment if you only run the same ones?

Jake   July 1st, 2009 9:18 pm ET

Michael Jackson's Insomnia may be a piece of the puzzel of why he died. Michael may have been a heavy thinker . He had such a big heart and had great caring for other people. I will Miss you Michael

Shyanne   July 1st, 2009 9:18 pm ET

Michael Jackson, Was A Very Handsom Man When He Was Younger.He Made Very Good Music Videos,

Judy Patterson   July 1st, 2009 9:19 pm ET

As much as I enjoy the Larry King Show I won't be watching tonight. I'm Michael Jacksoned out. When will it ever stop? The only thing I'm curious about is why Jackson did not donate his own sperm and biologically father his children. Does anyone know?

Diane   July 1st, 2009 9:20 pm ET

Let this man Rest in Peace. He deserves it.

Penny Morris   July 1st, 2009 9:20 pm ET

Michael Jackson was a very lonely man and had some problems, but he will still be the King of Pop forever...He will be sorely missed

Melissa   July 1st, 2009 9:21 pm ET

Let MJ rest in peace, and when you talk about him you should mention only the good things his music and how it inspired so many people and his dancing how great it was! And you should say you will remember him for the legend he was. R.I.P King of Pop! You will be missed but not forgotten and you music will live on.

Brittany   July 1st, 2009 9:22 pm ET

My prayers are with MJ's family and especially his children

andrea juck   July 1st, 2009 9:23 pm ET

Hello Mr. King,

I would like to pay my condolences to Michales' family and would like to know who owns Nerverland? I thought Michale had to sell it during his last trial. Also I think Diana Ross would be a great choice for custody of his kids.

Shyanne   July 1st, 2009 9:23 pm ET

I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON,
I WISH HE WOULD OF NEVER DIED !!!!

jennifer wyman   July 1st, 2009 9:23 pm ET

the nurse is NOT violating HIPA , if he consulted her as a friend or resourse, only if she had a perscribed contract with him as her patient. Lets not jump to unfounded judgements and potentially ruin someones life and career without having done due diligence with regard to the facts! Come on America, show some integrity!

Brittany   July 1st, 2009 9:23 pm ET

Michael will live through his music and his fans!! R.I.P King of Pop

Ginger   July 1st, 2009 9:24 pm ET

Who are people surprised that Debbie Rowe was left out of the will? They were divorced. I heard, also, that she received a $5 million settlement. That seems adequate.

Also, MJ probably set up his will the way he did to prevent his father from going after the money for some of his ventures like the recording company he has announced twice since Michael's death. If MJ had left his mother in charge of the money, his father would have tried to charm and/or push her into giving him money to pursue his interests. Even if she had resisted, it would have been extrememly stressful for her.

Linda in Memphis   July 1st, 2009 9:24 pm ET

Michael Jackson, may his soul and heart rest in peace.

Ndugu   July 1st, 2009 9:25 pm ET

Michael's visit to Africa touched me very much. RIP MJ!

Tiffany James   July 1st, 2009 9:26 pm ET

I believe something will be held by the family in MJ's honor at the Neverland Ranch....what it will be.....that is the question.

Love you Mike....always in my heart!!

John Sparacio   July 1st, 2009 9:26 pm ET

i would not sell the publishing asset ie beatles songs etc! , i would sell the image and name for 500 million and neverland ranch.

Ndugu   July 1st, 2009 9:28 pm ET

I will always love you Michael. Thanks for the great memories.

andrew   July 1st, 2009 9:28 pm ET

The plastic surgeons are going to be broke now that MJ is gone

spacestation   July 1st, 2009 9:29 pm ET

Iam GLAD tHE NERSE SEID THAT THAT HELPED ALLOF US THAT IS CALLED TRANSPERENTCY NO ONE LIKES HIPAA

Donna   July 1st, 2009 9:29 pm ET

Juste beat it, Michael! Will someone just bury that poor man with dignity and stop all this negative talk about his life.

Bill   July 1st, 2009 9:30 pm ET

God bless Michael Jackson and his family. His gift will leave us all better and inspire others for generations.

MaryAnn   July 1st, 2009 9:31 pm ET

MJ lived a troubled life that none of us could understand, He will be remebered as a music legend as well as a great humanitarian.

latasha   July 1st, 2009 9:31 pm ET

Michael shared his art with the world, his music thank God for michael may he rest in peace long live the king! His legacy and music will live on forever he was human like all of us no one is perfect so keep it positive media.

Paula in Albuquerque   July 1st, 2009 9:32 pm ET

Larry King and Nancy Grace are in it for the RATINGS! King could care less about Michael, as is clear from the sometimes rather dumb questions he asks of his guests. He is milking Michael's death for all it's worth. It's probably better than him taking to his rockingchair, and sitting with warm milk, and a laprobe...

Cat   July 1st, 2009 9:33 pm ET

She is Dr. Cherilyn Lee according to her website.

liz morello   July 1st, 2009 9:33 pm ET

Michael Jackson was and is undeniably special! Generation after Generation he was known and loved. Who cares what he did in the privacy of his own home, lets not forget all the great things he did for so many lives, all the people that love him. no one today or 25yrs ago ( don't think ever)has brought that many people together or has brought out that much energy in people, no one, just 1 man, 1 single man, that man will always be MICHAEL JACKSON.
May he be in eternal peace, he will enternally be loved &* remembered!!

MaryAnn   July 1st, 2009 9:34 pm ET

Has anyone researched Cherylin Lee's credentials?

Jasmin   July 1st, 2009 9:34 pm ET

Thank you Larry and CNN for your excellent objective coverage of MJ. He deserves the very best!!!!

Anita   July 1st, 2009 9:34 pm ET

Do the Hipaa laws NOT apply to nurse Cherilyn Lee???

Her 15 minutes of fame are up.

Paula in Albuquerque   July 1st, 2009 9:34 pm ET

Since there are Federal laws which protect patients' health records...WHAT, ON EARTH IS THIS WOMAN DOING, being interviewed, while a police investigation is proceeding? Has the family signed-off on permission for her to discuss Michael's confidential medical issues and conversations? Have her credentials been vetted? Where has she been for the past week?

Lorna   July 1st, 2009 9:34 pm ET

Michael Jackson we love you & Rest in Peace.

Shirley Vancouver WA.   July 1st, 2009 9:36 pm ET

People could not leave Micheal Jackson alone when he was alive. They made fune of him, called him weird and said the children weren't his. I think they should at least let him have some peace now!!!! Who cares if the children came from his sperm?? He thought of them as his. They carry his name. And these money hungry women come crawling out of the woodwork, to say they are the Mother and want to be in the childrens lives...BULLLLLLLL they want in the kids lives now because of money!!!! MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!! Go away all you rats and money hungry people, give Micheal the peace he never had when he was alive. And everyone who are standing around the gates want to get a glimps of the dead guy or his family. GO AWAY ALL YOU IDIOTS and give the Jacksons peace.

Mara   July 1st, 2009 9:36 pm ET

The Nurse had a different story yesterday from today.

eanava   July 1st, 2009 9:37 pm ET

Cherilyn Lee is breaching patient confidentiality

keith anderson   July 1st, 2009 9:37 pm ET

shes lying. Give us the name of the doctor she call . Her story keep changing. Larry King do your job and ask her whats the doctors name whom she called. SHES LYING

Lisa   July 1st, 2009 9:37 pm ET

Michael's music will live on, but he will be greatly missed.

JAI MASON   July 1st, 2009 9:38 pm ET

I think that this decision was good, because the media is failing to notify the public that Michael Jackson's 1993 accuser (Evan "Jordy" Chandler) has came out publicly today and said that he is sorry for all the pain that he is caused Michael Jackson and the Jackson family. He even went as far as to saying that all the accusations were false and that his father, told him to lie and say that Michael Jackson molested and touched him inapproriately. He also stated that this was a plan that they brought up as a plan to escape "poverty" I think that the truth has prevailed and that the people watching Larry King Live should know about this thanks
Jai Mason
R.I.P. MICHAEL JACKSON
THE TRUTH HAS PREVAILED

Cat   July 1st, 2009 9:39 pm ET

Dr. Cherilyn Lee is Founder and CEO of Nutri-Med Intergrated Healthcare Center, Inc. (NMIHC). NMIHC is a Comprehensive Alternative Family Healthcare Center that offers alternative medicine and a more holistic/integrated approach to dealing with common diseases and ailments.

Mara   July 1st, 2009 9:39 pm ET

Where's Miko Brandon?

Richard   July 1st, 2009 9:39 pm ET

Michael is the reason why I first learn how to dance and will never forget him on the night he moon walked. His legacy will live forever, what an icon,

Dee   July 1st, 2009 9:39 pm ET

In previous interviews this nurse said she did not speak with Michael on Father's Day. She said she spoke with an aide of Jackson's and advised the aide to take him to the hospital. Her story details keep changing.....

Paula in Albuquerque   July 1st, 2009 9:39 pm ET

The woods are full of Americans who want to get their moment on TV...blabbing and making-up whatever might cause a sensation, or grab a headline! Larry King did not check her background before asking questions about Michael and his consumption of medications.

Sam   July 1st, 2009 9:40 pm ET

Larry – this nirse was hardly "dragged" into this. She jumped into it. No one would know her if she hadn't decided she wanted to be on TV. Her story seems to vary every time she tries to tell it????

Kristie   July 1st, 2009 9:41 pm ET

This "nurse" sounds like an enabler that so many have said surrounded themselves around Michael. She said that she "advised" him not to take Diprivan. She should have said "You can't take this drug at home" I'm a registered nurse for 15 years. She is full of it. You have to be intubated to receive this drug. Sounds like no one would ever say no to him.

Sue   July 1st, 2009 9:41 pm ET

Hi larry

This nurse should be allowed to care for anyone since she no respect for HIPPA laws. A law that is made to protect the rights of patient and information. This information can only be shard if Mr. Jackson has sign a consent form giving her permission to share this information. I am quite sure he did not sign a consent and the family should sue her for breach of patient confidentiality.

Shyanne.I.K.B   July 1st, 2009 9:41 pm ET

Michael Will Be Missed By Billions, A True " KING POP LEGEND " had a great experinces. His Kids Will Miss Him, His Sister Janett Will Miss Him Way Too Much. I Love You Michael Jackson . R.I.P KING OF POP !

caligirl 42   July 1st, 2009 9:41 pm ET

I am a medical professional(RN). ms lee is violating HIPPA and ethical laws. patient information is given out on a need to know bases. there is no need for the public to have this info. conversations between a professional and her/his patient is confidential. if ms. lee felt that she had information that would help the investigation, she should have spoken to the LAPD or the LA coroner's office. then the information would have fell under the need to know guidelines.But to get on national TV and speak about her patient's symptoms, need and wants is a disgrace. i would not be surpraised if ms. lee would have to answer to the cali. board of registered nurses for her actions. to keep speaking with her on TV is re-enforcing her disgraceful behavior.

Brigid   July 1st, 2009 9:42 pm ET

Larry and Sanjay

Why didn't sleeping pills work for Michael? Had he developed a resistance to them? Seems like he wanted diprovan because he didn't know of anything else that would allow him to sleep.

Paula in Albuquerque   July 1st, 2009 9:42 pm ET

Thanks, Cat! Very interesting...and, a bit reassuring to know that she isn't some anonymous nut-job...

Mike B   July 1st, 2009 9:42 pm ET

I REALLY MISS MICHAEL JACKSON WHEN I FIRST HEARD
HE DIED I GOT SO UPSET, AND I HAD HIS JACKET
BUT I THINK I THROUGH IT OUT BY ACCIEDNT
RIP MICHAEL JACKSON !!

Bobbie   July 1st, 2009 9:42 pm ET

What state is Cherlynn registered in? She is in violation of HHIPPA and subject to losing her license and heavily fined!

Dr Dan   July 1st, 2009 9:42 pm ET

Ms Lee is violating a HIPPA law by discussing anything related to their relationship /treatment/ diagnosis etc during the time Michael was her patient. More simply, any nutritional discussion ....violation of HIPPA . If Michael rehired regarding treatment of his insomnia ....HIPPA violation. If Diprivan was an aside question asked at the time Ms Lee was treating Michael's children....NOT a HIPPA violation.

Matt   July 1st, 2009 9:43 pm ET

Get that Nurse off the program, she contradicts herself; her lies are getting transparent. Can't anyone notice that?

Kristie   July 1st, 2009 9:44 pm ET

I'm glad the DEA is involved. This nurse should be on their list.

Liz   July 1st, 2009 9:45 pm ET

Why are you interviewing the nurse? She is mean. She is violating not only Michael's memory, but as a nurse, she is violating HIPAA. Get rid of her – don't allow this to go on. It OFFENDS me.

stacia calabrese   July 1st, 2009 9:45 pm ET

Where did that nurse come from the internet is surely a quicker way to research a drug and its adverse effects. Why let so much time slip by before becoming concerned and intervene. I am a nurse and i would have looked deeper into what he was taking instantly whether he wanted it or not not left and bring him a book that weighs 15lbs come on no wonder no authorities have contacted her

pamela   July 1st, 2009 9:45 pm ET

michael will be well missed but never forgotten. we love you.
pam&jamie

Paula in Albuquerque   July 1st, 2009 9:46 pm ET

Michael was an ORIGINAL!

miguel   July 1st, 2009 9:47 pm ET

Hi Larry, on your program last night,the big question was "why are they planning a memorial for Michael Jackson on the 4th of July weekend". Well,as you can clearly see from what the family has decided,the memorial will be on Tuesday next,and it only goes to show how damaging misinformation can be. CNN should be more careful in their reporting.

vallary   July 1st, 2009 9:47 pm ET

I think it is time to let this rest. We have been hit really a big lost for music and as a person. These children need to have time to get settle in life and rest. I don't think we need to know the details of thing like the news is reporting. This is complete trash. Lets give Micheal some final rest and don't judge and dig up so much stuff. Is this really news?. What is news is the troops, the moms and dads that are sending three sons to war, no jobs, kids that need to be feed and house. there was a report on ABC news that a kid that was in a shelter that was going to go to Harvard, Lets take Micheal's advice in one of his great songs and look at the man in the mirror and make a change. Lets keep him alive by his good work he did for other people and keep doing our best thriller moves,, not this trash that (so called reports) are making a ton of money off putting the trash out there. and lets THANK our troops,,,

MaryAnn   July 1st, 2009 9:47 pm ET

this is the first Ive heard of Evan “Jordy” Chandler saying he was lying. why isn't Larry King addressing that?

Kristie   July 1st, 2009 9:48 pm ET

I'm sure the California Board of Nursing is yanking her license as we speak. She is not very intelligent., She has proven that by opening her mouth. These types of nurses gives the profession a black eye. She is not a reliable or intelligent source of information.

Uso   July 1st, 2009 9:49 pm ET

I took Friday off fixing to drive to Cali Thursday after work to be able to see Mike at Neverland on Friday..now they changed it?? Darn..have to see if I can get Tuesday off..

Tammie   July 1st, 2009 9:50 pm ET

Larry...MJ loved Diana Ross so not surprised he named her in will for children. I am VERY disgusted w/your show the past 2 days. This nurse is in the program for the money. I am a nurse and we are taught to NEVER discuss anything medical. Her story is changing and I am just appalled that your show is turning into a tabloid show.I believe it is just about profiting ratings. I guess you don't understand some of us watch your show to get a decent show. We like to hear something positive SOMETIMES!!

Marcelle McMillen   July 1st, 2009 9:50 pm ET

I was appalled that the response to "Did Michael appear to be an addict?"
The nurse's response was that he was kind and passionate about his work and never said a negative thing about anybody (paraphrasing here of course).
Now what does that have to do with the characteristics of an addict?
Addicts do not lose the ability to be kind and love their work. My response would have been some version of when a person starts asking for major hospital-only based drugs that in itself is a strong indicator that the person has a problem with drugs.
Whether a person is loving or kind or optimistic or gentle really has nothing to do with the presentation of an addict.
Addicts can be multi million dollar bankers, nuns, mechanics, social workers, doctors, etc.
Unless one of course lumps all addicts into a stereotypical definition much like that of the Skid Row alcoholic.
Not a very educated answer.
Please don't confuse what might indicate a person has problems with drugs with their personality.
Actually I don't think it was a very thought out question.

Too much focus on this whole subject anyways – let the man rest and his affairs play out.

Carrie   July 1st, 2009 9:51 pm ET

I really think the nurse is lying. Her story keeps changing in small ways. First she called him on the phone with the drug info and now she went back to his house. She only talked to him 3 months ago and then added later that she talked to him days before he died. COME ON, are we really buying her lies.

Paula in Albuquerque   July 1st, 2009 9:53 pm ET

It would be refreshing if the Federal government did something about the Mexican border, and other points-of entry of illegal drugs. It makes me believe that the government rather approves of the lawlessness and criminality attendant to illicit drugs. In some countries, the penalties are sometimes DEATH, on drug convictions. In this country, a slap-on-the-wrist for drug offenses is the usual thing...and a tragic joke.

Joe Jackson is the MATRIARCH of the Jackson family???????

Dorothy   July 1st, 2009 9:53 pm ET

The mayor needs to stop thanking Joe Jackson. They need to just banish the man!

SUSAN GOWDY   July 1st, 2009 9:58 pm ET

i just would like to say why are these movie stars,singers etc.is coming out of the woodwork saying all these wonderful things about michael jackson now since he is gone but where was everybody when he needed them the most? can you answer that larry?

Uso   July 1st, 2009 9:58 pm ET

Did anybody notice Joe trying to flash his bling when the camera went on him at the BET awards? Unreal..

MaryAnn   July 1st, 2009 9:58 pm ET

those jackets are amazing. white suit from the Thriller cover

Sandra Robertson, GA   July 1st, 2009 9:58 pm ET

Great show Larry. I agree, Karl Malden was a wonderful actor. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Loved him in "A Streetcar Named Desire;" now that was great acting.

Good night Larry.

Jamaal Breckenridge   July 1st, 2009 10:00 pm ET

I knew it wasnt going to be at Neverland just yet. I have been to Neverland Ranch, when Michael Jackson was alive, and got to meet him, do to me having Hemophila. The people that live up there do not like tourist, or attention. I pray that the Family do something still both public, and privite, I would love to be able to say goodbye. Prayers and thought go out to the Family, and everyone else dealing with the loss. Love you always Michael! R.I.P.

Houston Parker   July 1st, 2009 10:03 pm ET

I just needed to say for years I was a celebrity assistant for a major A-Lister. As in MJ's death I too would purchase RX for this person. Different names,ect,ect
......I'm so sad and cannot believe this has happened. Hollywood is so selfish. I'm so sad hurt and very angry. Put this out for all to see before we lose another life.

Alice Gatts   July 1st, 2009 10:14 pm ET

Michael was a talented performer, but can't we move on to some other topic? Surely, there is some other news worthy event to discuss.

sharon   July 1st, 2009 10:29 pm ET

CNN is the only network that report fair news on the Michael 'sJackson
death. He is going now and everyone is comming out of the woodworks to late for Michael.

cbrown   July 1st, 2009 10:36 pm ET

How can a Judge give Michael Jackson's children to his mother!!!
Her own daughters say they were molested by Joe Jackson and she knew and did not do anything about it!!!
The courts need to look into this

Kim in NC   July 1st, 2009 10:40 pm ET

elyse zaccaro July 1st, 2009 9:15 pm ET

Journalists who crucified him during his life… and especially his trial… are now offering sound-bites tinged with grief. Hundreds … thousands?… gathered around the world to mourn and express their love.
Had he felt the love an adoration that is pouring out now perhaps he would not have been living in near exile all these years. Michael was called every name in the book… guilty before proven innocent …and apparently more respected in death than in life. I did not know him personally but he directly touched my life. This is my story of the day that Michael Jackson called to thank me.

Back in 2000 I was a producer at VH1… I was assigned to do a 2 hour retrospective of Michael… “Michael Jackson: King of Videos” it was called. The show was not easy to do. I was denied footage and music (mostly by Motown) … new interviews were few and far between. The writer that I hired made such a mockery of Michael’s achievements that I fired him and wrote the show myself. Another producer and I worked round the clock for months to get the show on the air. “King Of Videos” premiered in October 2000…and repeated countless times after that. Weeks later I was on vacation in the Caribbean. One day … in the late afternoon… I returned to my hotel room to find the message light blinking… there were several messages from my boss (VH1’s News Director) asking me to call him immediately… Tommy Mottola’s office needed to get in touch with me ASAP about “King of Videos.” I panicked… Tommy was then the President of Sony Records … he must be angry about something in the show. This couldn’t be good.. I was sure I was going to be fired. I called my office… my boss was excited, breathless… when he heard my voice… “No” he managed to choke out.. “It wasn’t Tommy who wanted to find me it was Michael.” Of course I thought I was the victim of a one great big practical joke…. and got angry that I was being yanked around on vacation… but I was assured that this was the real deal. So I immediately called Tommy’s office… his assistant confirmed that “Yes, Michael wanted to speak to me right away… would I hold on please? ” Elyse I have Michael for you”… I froze… and then I heard him.. HIM. “Hello…Elyse… it’s Michael.” And it WAS Michael. Soft spoken… the king of pop. “Elyse, I’m so sorry to disturb you on your vacation… I just wanted to tell you thank you. I saw the show you did about me.. “King of Videos ” and it made me cry. I loved it. I wrote down your name and had to find you to thank you.” Thank ME? I told him how much I loved his music… how great I thought he was.. how amazing his career had been. He was shocked by my words . “Really? Really?” he kept asking. He was genuinely surprised by my praise and the impact he had on me (and the rest of the world!)
I also shared that I currently had “Off The Wall” in my Discman and that I worked out to it earlier that day. ” Wow. Do you really still listen to that album? ” I don’t remember everything that was said but I will never forget that call. Before we hung up he said “I want to wish you and your family a Merry, Merry Christmas. God Bless you Elyse.”
God bless you too Michael and God rest your soul.

Elyse Zaccaro
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

What a wonderful story to share with us. MJ was truely a gifted artist in so many ways Im so blessed to have been alive on earth to have witnessed his talents RIP MJ

Hillary   July 1st, 2009 10:40 pm ET

Larry, I often enjoy your show but today I have to be critical of your decision to have this woman, the "nurse", on your show. At the very least, you should have asked her some crucial questions – such as "Why did you go to the media with your concerns after Michael died INSTEAD OF going to the authorities if you felt you had something to contribute to the investigation?" ...............Also, the moment she started to consult with him about his condition (certainly when she did the blood draw) she entered into a professional contract with him – to discuss him now is in clear violation of his rights of confidentiality...............She is indeed a RN and is a Nurse Practitoner as well (I checked wth the Board) – and she should be disciplined for this breach of the public's trust – nurses like this are a disgrace to my professional – SHAME ON HER!........... Regarding Propofol (diprivan): This drug is given only in a surgical setting, as an intravenous drip, and although the person does not have to be intubated to receive it, there are many precautions that are taken when administering. Any professional that chose to administer this in a home setting will certainly be in a world of trouble – if the DEA does it's job!......Larry, please do your homework!

Stacey   July 1st, 2009 10:44 pm ET

First I would like to say REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON!!!!! YOU ARE LOVED, MISSED, AND NEVER FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!! He was, is, and will continue to be a true inspiration to all. He is one of kind and nobody can every live up to his legacy. Many have tried and failed, and many will comtinue to try and still will fail. His music, dancing, and videos are timeless, they will live on forever......He said it more than once that he wanted to live forever, and Michael I am here to tell you that you are IMMORTAL......You will always be the KING OF POP!!!!!.......................... To comment on the whole not being the father of HIS three children...........I always say that blood does not make anyone family. He IS their father and nothing will ever change that...He is all these children know as daddy and I just said and I'll say it again nothing will ever change that....I pray to god that HIS children are not watching or following any of the media surrounding their dad, because it would crush them. Not only did they just lose their father, not even a week ago, they have to deal with all these heart breaking rumors about themselves and their father. They are only little kids and do not deserve any of it, neither does Michael..Those kids need to be with family, people who love them and everyone needs to respect Michael's will and do as he wished......... He just died and it seems as if the media has no respect for that.......All the media is focusing on is the "bad", what about all the good.. Like his music, his inspriation, charity work, his love for people, and his legacy.....People seem to forget that he not only a icon but he is a human being, son, brother, father, uncle, cousin, and a friend.....And for this nurse going around telling everyone that Michael was SUPPOSEDLY "BEGGING HER FOR THIS DANGEROUS SEDATIVE" (WHICH IS ILLEGAL FOR HER TO PAST ON SOMETHING TOLD TO HER BY A PATIENT) NEEDS TO GET HER LICENSE TAKING AWAY AND FIRED, AND NEVER TO BE ABLE TO PRACTICE MEDICINE AGAIN FOR AS LONG AS SHE LIVES...............Michael Joseph Jackson needs to be remembered as a brillantly talented entertainer, the King of Pop, his love for everyone, charity work, all he did for the music industry, his inspiriting ways, being loved by all, and his legacy....Nothing but good memories of Michael Jackson for me..... My prayers go out for his children and the Jackson family........ R.I.P Michael Jackson....I LOVE YOU, MISS YOU AND WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connie K   July 1st, 2009 10:44 pm ET

How is the nurse who is giving medical information about Michael Jackson's requests for drugs not breaking HIPPA?? She should not even be acknowledging that she has treated him much less what the content of the talks were. This is a violation of medical confidentiality.

ursula   July 1st, 2009 10:45 pm ET

looks like Mr/Mrs Jackson do not live together ?..he lives in LasVegaa?..

Juan Manuel Saavedra   July 1st, 2009 10:57 pm ET

Can the public buy back Michael's Neverland Ranch through State funds or public donations to allow michael to rest in peace in his beloved Neverland Ranch and to open the ranch to the public. If purchased through donations profits could be given to som of Michaels charities. Just a thought would hate to see Neverland Ranch dismantled.

Stacey   July 1st, 2009 11:05 pm ET

As I forgot to say in my last comment, Michael's father, Joe Jackson, in my opinion doesn't have too much care for his son's death, because he had the nerve to promote his record label, or whatever it is at a tribute show for is son, or as he calls him a pop icon....I didn't hear him refer to Michael as his son?????He had to pick that exact moment to promote himself....Michael hasn't even been dead a week.... Have some respect.....Don't forget he is your son..... LOVE YOU MICHAEL!!!!!!!! REST IN PEACE

Will   July 1st, 2009 11:07 pm ET

I won't the media give Michael Jackson the peace in death that they never gave him in life. All of the negative comments about him are really ridiculous. He was found not guilty on the child molestation charges, so that mean there was a whole lot of reasonable doubt. You know as well as i do, if there were anyway the charges were true mike would not have gotten out of trouble. Also, if he claimed his children as his, it doesn't matter one way or the other if he was the biological father,period. Just show some compassion for his entire family and at least think of the children that are hurting right now. Last but not least mike changed music history, so to the haters... get over it.

Margie   July 1st, 2009 11:08 pm ET

How is the nurse violating HIPPA? She did not disclose Michael's medical records but talked about something Michael asked her to get (a very dangerous drug, an anesthetic ). The police are probably going to contact her now and I don't see how she would benefit from lying.

Brian   July 1st, 2009 11:23 pm ET

I can't think of anything to say that has'nt been said already about Michael Jackson. I grew up a teenager seeing the explosion of Michael Jacksons carrer. Videos on MTV, watching Motown 25 on t.v. the night it happened, etc... Like Elvis and John Lennon its sad it took the death of him for younger generations to see what a brilliant talent this man had.

caligirl 42   July 1st, 2009 11:25 pm ET

ms. lee must have some type of medical chart on mr. jackson. asking for controlled medication to sleep should have been documentated in
his record. so she has disclosed his medical record. she has spoken about symptoms, " one side of the body being hot and the other cold. this should have also been documented in his record. all
info between a professional care giver and the patient, that is related to the patient condition is confidental. did the info she gave to the media help? this info should have been given to the LAPD if she wanted to help in the investigation.

Zebora   July 1st, 2009 11:42 pm ET

Good evening Larry, I am not one who writes on blogs, twitters, Facebook and etc, but I could not help but to make a comment on the death of Michael Jackson, My heart aches when I think of Micheal and the fact that he his here no more with us, I too grew up in that era I am 50 years old and we are all the same age, I always enjoyed seeing him on TV whenever I could through the good and the bad, I always felt that no one on this earth should judge other people based on how they choose to live their life, I have a few of his albums but my all time favorite is With a Child's heart when I first heard the song it touch me in a way that I cannot explain I played it today and it just brought tears to my eyes, and though the years I never heard the radios play that song as much as the other song. but one needs to listen to the song and the words this song was written and sang when he was very young and it only speaks of love from a child's heart which he always tried to convey. He has only had love for everyone that has enter his life and I know that he has only tried to do the right thing and make people feel love and to receive love that he only wished for, I just hope that people would respect his children and allow them a life that he wanted for them the freedom to live in peace and have love that he had always wished for, I hope that after he is laid to rest that he will be allowed the rest and peace that he is entitle to. And that his children also be given the privacy that they also are entitle to. As far as the farther of those Children his is their dad, he has had them from birth and no matter what they belong to him, people should just leave that situation alone and let this family have they privacy and their life, May god rest his soul and watch and take care of the children this all that matters at this time.

Juan Manuel Saavedra   July 2nd, 2009 12:04 am ET

Can the public buy back Michael’s Neverland Ranch through State funds and profits be put back into public services in the State of CA. or Can fans' from around the world make donations to open the ranch to the public and profits be used for maintenance and create and donate to Charities in memmory of Michael Jackson . Could we also petition the government agency who denied Michael the right to be barried at his ranch. Just a thought I would hate to see Neverland Ranch dismantled or would hate to see a Company keep the ranch and open it to the public just for the sake of making a profit from his death.

Roy Rawls   July 2nd, 2009 12:05 am ET

Michael Jackson finally gets away from all of his problems and I hope that he is teaching Jesus how to moonwalk! WE LOVE U MICHAEL!!

Frances Rodriguez   July 2nd, 2009 12:14 am ET

Every Puerto Rico radio station, plays Michael's Music and make a different kinds of tribute. We going to miss the King of Pop.

John Connore   July 2nd, 2009 12:22 am ET

I saw Michael Jackson on the Carol Burnett in 1974 and i still dont forget that experience to this day. When I heard he died I drove right to his hometown in Gary and drove to his home, I put the first flowers on his doorstep!

Frances Rodriguez   July 2nd, 2009 12:25 am ET

I nominated Michael Jackson to the Nobel Peace Prize !!!

rachel reid   July 2nd, 2009 12:26 am ET

Where do I begin i never got the chance to meet michael and that really makes me sad he was like a father figure to me and his music is the greatest i wish i could be around all the tributes for michael hate the bad things they are saying i just wish they would stop can you just let him rest in peace i wil always love you michael my you rest in peace

Rochelle   July 2nd, 2009 12:28 am ET

I send my condolences to the Jackson family, especially his children. I saw a comment that stated, that the nurse who was interviewed violated HIPPA. I did a little research, and I don't see where she did. Micheal's music will forever be cherished. I hope I will see him in paradise.

Joyce   July 2nd, 2009 12:29 am ET

My prayers go to the entire Jackson Family(EX JOE). God rest your soul Michael.......We love You

Kathy Adams   July 2nd, 2009 12:30 am ET

According to Lou Forrigno and others, Michael was in great physical condition. Tell me something…how can a 5′-10″ man, weighing only 112 lbs, be in “great physical condition”??? No wonder why he died!

God Bless you Michael, I love you, and I know you did not mean to leave us. God Bless the Jackson Family.

lsm   July 2nd, 2009 12:30 am ET

it is really sad that people are against having his memorial service at Neverland after all it was his. it probably is difficult but it would have been nice.

with all these stories about what might happen with his estate and Neverland, it is terrible sad that the people around are not supporting this. it would be perfect to make Neverland his place into a Graceland look-a-like.

Armant   July 2nd, 2009 12:30 am ET

michael jackson has passed away but his legacy and music will live on forever. His music will inspire many new artist his music started many new careers in the music industry may his soul R.I.P. and his memory live on for eternity

Stacey   July 2nd, 2009 12:31 am ET

This nurse that is spreading what I believe is a lie about Michael Jackson begging for this drug, in my opinion is just trying to get on tv and giving the media even more things to slander Michael's name....... As I sit here and read other peoples comments, I can't help but agree to some of them. Like the ones saying people are now just showing their love for Michael because he has passed away, but when he went through all the legal problems, where was all these people to show their love and support. Not saying that nobody showed love and support during his time of need, because I know there was true fans and people that love him, because I was one of those fans that knew and know he was, and will continue to be innocent, and everything was a setup......I just hope people don't believe everything they hear or see on tv.....

lsm   July 2nd, 2009 12:31 am ET

also i wond4er how his record sales are doing now. it is obvious that he has sold many more copies of his albums now.

i wonder if it would be another world record????

Amie Jaye   July 2nd, 2009 12:32 am ET

Michael Jackson's musical influence is one that will have an ever-lasting and indelible imprint in our hearts and minds. He will remain in our prayers and his legacy will last forever.

Joyce   July 2nd, 2009 12:33 am ET

NURSEEEEE please go away Cherilyn Lee the nurse from this day forth you will be known as Nurse Betty.. You are self promoting please stay in your place as a professional. Why did you not tell some one with more knowledge than you..hush hush hush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lsm   July 2nd, 2009 12:35 am ET

i agree with what Stacey has said.

also the media really knows to twist stories.
i was listening to the z1oo today and the whole nurse story which might be a lie, with regard to diprivan was 3 months ago. but on the show who ever spoke said that MJ called the nurse and asked for it on Sunday which was not what she said.
it could have been a mistake, but yet it could be the beginng of another rumor.

Sokunda   July 2nd, 2009 12:39 am ET

If there's anything within my power I can do to bring him back, I definitely would.

kathy vallone   July 2nd, 2009 12:46 am ET

I look forward to watching the Larry King show for info on Michael Jackson's tragic death. Having said that, I feel Larry King, when interviewing people associated with Micheal, is very insenitive. He seems to make it apparent that this is a big news story but seems to have no regards for the fact that a wonderful, talented man has died. Show a little compasion Larry please!

Margie   July 2nd, 2009 1:39 am ET

Memorial will be at the Staple Center in LA. Tuesday. If anyone goes…report back please...may you USO...you said you were going to drive to an MJ Memorial.

Motzy   July 2nd, 2009 1:53 am ET

Wacko Jacko is officially the father Joe Jackson.

Just a thought for the childrens sake. I feel that Lisa Marie Presley should be a person in which the kids should have constant contact with. She is the only other child (at the time of her fathers death) in the world to know what these kids are going through and having a father King (of Rock or POP) pass away on them. She needs to help them stay grounded and maybe help them cope with some experiences that they may encounter growning up.
Thank you.

laceafire   July 2nd, 2009 1:54 am ET

I feel Michael's ashes should be scattered at Neverland, unless there was something specific against cremation in his wishes/will. The family should scatter them in a private celebration of his ife, since that seemed to be where he lived during his happiest times and was created by him as a "piece of heaven on earth." This way each family member could also keep some of the ashes if they so desired, and his gravesite would not be desecrated by vandals, as other stars have, in public burial places.

Motzy   July 2nd, 2009 1:55 am ET

The kids don't look like Debbie either ! ! !
Michael raised them therefore, he is the actual father. Now leave the kids alone.

Lydia Matias   July 2nd, 2009 3:04 am ET

Continue Michael's London Show with Michael as HOLOGRAM.

John Sparacio   July 2nd, 2009 7:11 am ET

I need to apologize for accusing the nurse of foul play. It is not Jesus like to do so. Remember anyone without sin please cast the first stone. Well I am far from without sin so I am retracting my stone late but with an fair heart.

vallary   July 2nd, 2009 9:05 am ET

I don't think Micheal did any of those things with the kids. And the bottom line on all of that. Where were the parents, and a court of law found him NOT quality. Where the parents at the bank. My question always was why did the parents let small children stay for days over night at someone else home. Parents need to parent not watch the $ go into the bank. I am glad to see that JOE was cut out.

Roy Rawls   July 2nd, 2009 11:21 am ET

I wasn't surprise to see that Joe was cut out but at the same time without Joe Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 wouldve never happened and Michael wouldnt be able to contribute to charities and make his music move us....but he did talk about him badly and beat him....well its just confusing.

Cau Willis   July 2nd, 2009 2:19 pm ET

Micheal (MJ) was a genious in the art of entertainment and his legacy will live on forever. In addition, may he also be remembered for his humanitarian benefits and his big soft heart.

MJ was so sensitive that every negative comments or actions against him caused increased demise to his body, mind, relationships and career. From the start, his father's derrogatory comments caused him to feel insecure and ugly. (MJ's talent superseded his real feelings and enabled supsonic success.) Later, the molestaton accusations in 1993 caused him to lose confidence in himself and trust in others. His behaviour, appearance, mannerism and relationships grew more and more disturbing as time went on. The overwhelming attempts to recover from the various scandals and live a semi-happy life made him appear stranger and stranger to the public, hence his seclusion into his own world. My heart went out to him. Success and money comes at a cost, unfortunately...

COUPLE OF QUESTIONS I'D LIKE ANSWERED:

Is it possible that these issues caused Micheal to develop polymorphic psychotic disorder? It's a form of chemical imbalance – (like depression), which makes one morph/transition into various appearances, even to the point beyond normalcy.

This could explain why there we so many plastic surgeries.

I'm hearing that the Jordon Chandler molestation accusation of 1993 was really a lie. Why isn't this being reported in the press to clear Micheal's name?

jeff   July 2nd, 2009 6:28 pm ET

I'm sorry you can not interview the Lawyers because they got paid to be quiet.

Audrey Clay   July 2nd, 2009 9:06 pm ET

I have been following the T.V. news concerning Michael Jackson.
I recall seeing moving vans leaving the home in which Jackson died.
This was televised shortly after Michael's demise and well before the
bags of drugs were removed from the residence by officials and prior to the DEA becoming involved. I am curious about all the facts surrounding these movings vans - who authorized them? what was removed? why the big hurry to remove things from the residence very shortly after Michael's passing? ertc. etc. I am positive I saw these vans leaving the
home which was followed by a few innocous comments from a newscaster. Since that time "NOTHING" has been said about these vans
It is my hope that this issue will be addressed on CNN news.

Michele Bush   July 2nd, 2009 11:17 pm ET

Maybe Michael's spirit really is still at Neverland Ranch. If you watch Larry King LIve at Neverland part 5, 2 minutes into the vid, they show Michael's bedroom. If you look at the back wall, it appears that a shadow walks through the back of the bedroom....maybe it was staff but really caught my eye. Jermaine says he really feels Michael at the ranch.....kinda strange!!! Michele Bush

Betty   July 2nd, 2009 11:32 pm ET

I would like to see CNN report the whole Michael Jackson legacy. The reason that he was adored by millions across the world goes beyond his iconic music. His fans also loved him because of the tremendous acts of generousity and humanitarianism he displayed towards others. This crucial part of his biography should not be excluded as it is completely lopsided, incomplete reporting not to mention how unfair and disrepectul it is to to his memory.

SWEETIE   July 3rd, 2009 8:58 am ET

MICHAEL JACKSON WAS LIKE A COMET BLAZING CROSS THE EVENING SKY GONE TOO SOON LIKE A RAINBOW FADING IN THE TWINKING OF AN EYE GONE TOO SOON SHINY AND SPARKLY AND BRIGHT HERE ONE DAY GONE ONE NIGHT LIKE THE LOSS OF SUNLIGHT ON A CLOUDY AFTERNOON GONE TOO SOON LIKE A CASTLE BUILT UPON A SANDY BEACH GONE TOO SOON LIKE A PERFEAL FLOWER THAT IS JUST BEYOND HIS REACH GONE TOO SOON BORN TO AMUSE,TO INSPIRE,TO DELIGHT HERE ONE DAY GONE ONE NIGHT LIKE A SUNSET DYING WITH THE RISING OF THE MOON MICHAEL WAS GONE TOO SOON GONE TOO SOON WE LOVE YOU MICHAEL ONLY GOD KNOWS WHY GOD SAW YOU WERE GETTING WEARY,SO HE DID WHAT HE THOUGHT BEST.HE CAME AND STOOD BESIDE YOU AND WISPERED, COME AND TAKE YOUR REST.YOU BADE NO ONE FAREWELL, NOT EVEN A GOOD BYE,YOU WERE GONE BEFORE WE KNEW IT,AND ONLY GPD KNOWS WHY.WE WILL SEE YOU AGAIN I LOVE YOU MICHAEL CAMLEY WILSON

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter