CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

June 22, 2009

New drama for Jon and Kate?

Posted: 11:27 PM ET

art.kategosselin.cnnJust when it seemed we were finally getting answers in the Jon and Kate saga, there’s more. Minutes after their special “announcement” episode aired, Kate and Jon released individual statements implying there’s much more to the story!

Kate Gosselin released the following statement to PEOPLE magazine Monday night:

“Over the course of this weekend, Jon’s activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children.  While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children.”

Jon released his own statement to the magazine as well:

“This afternoon, Kate filed for divorce. Our kids are still my number one priority. I love them and want to make sure they stay happy, healthy and safe. My job is being the best, most supportive and loving father that I can be to my kids, and not being married to Kate doesn’t change that. This will be a difficult transition for all of us, but Kate and I will work out a schedule that enables our kids to have plenty of quality time with both of us at home in Pennsylvania. In terms of my marriage, it’s no secret that the past six months or so have been very difficult for Kate and me. We are no different than other couples and parents who are facing a crossroads in their marriage. I am of course deeply saddened that we are divorcing.”

Posted by:

Filed under: Kate Gosselin • Larry King Live

Kathy   June 23rd, 2009 9:18 pm ET

John McCain equals sour grapes.

Kathy   June 23rd, 2009 9:20 pm ET

John McCain is excellent at distortion. How predictable are his comments about anything Obama does.

gary white   June 23rd, 2009 9:20 pm ET

What does senator McCain think about the Palestinians that are beaten and killed and starved by the thousands?

Obama:" I will not be used as a tool for other countries" (in Iran)

Did he mean the Zionist propaganda machine via Israel, which also obviously dictates the format and content broadcast on CNN?

Julie Seal   June 23rd, 2009 9:56 pm ET

Jon: You can do much better! Good luck!

Lexi   June 23rd, 2009 9:56 pm ET

It's hard enough to raise 1 child let alone eight with the economy being what it is. This show has given them an opportunitiy to give their kids a great life–even at the cost of their privacy.

JudgeU   June 23rd, 2009 10:14 pm ET

Is this show fiction? Kate, you are obnoxious to your husband, Jon. I am glad he is leaving you, but I am sorry for those children that you decided to force upon a young guy. You have made a mockery out of those kids and your life. I have now empathy for you are your situation. You need to apologize to your children for the unpleasant life you decided to bring upon their innocent life. I don't regard you as a parent. A parent work very hard to protect, nurture, and care for their children. Jon, you were very young minded when you decided that having children with this "selfish woman" would make sense. I think you were coax into going through the insemination process by KATE. There was a reason why SHE could not have kids the natural way. The reason being was that she would stain children’s life forever. Poor kids. I hate the show, watch it 2 times and didn’t find it worth my eyesight. Go so something constructive and worthy of living. Go back to nursing.

JudgeU   June 23rd, 2009 10:19 pm ET

Kate reminds me of N korea and Iran.... So unsettling

carol baker   June 23rd, 2009 10:25 pm ET

Hey Larry,
watched the show tape delay, too late but in regards to Senator MCain's comments on Iran and President Obama's response how can he not speak of Darfur! We are talking under one hundred killed as opposed to the infinite number there. Once again POLITICS

D.L.   June 23rd, 2009 10:48 pm ET

Kate can not cry now, not after the way she has treated her husband on national tv. It was plain to see how she criticised him, even on how he would speak, when he did. As for him, he seems to have been overwelmed by the birth of so many children and can't wait to get the heck out. The marriage was doomed from day one. Very sad, but they are very wealthy now and life goes on. Lets focus on more important issues like our nations economic crisis and how to get though it without falling apart.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter