CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

TONIGHT ON LKL: LARRY KING

Posted: 04:03 PM ET

facebook2

TONIGHT:
MY STORY.
MY WAY.

I'll introduce you to the son I didn't know I had - never met - until he was 33.

Our first face-to-face changed our lives.

I'll set the record straight about my marriages...

And share some secrets about presidents & celebrities.

Plus ordinary folks who taught me extra-ordinary stuff!

I was born Lawrence Zeiger in Brooklyn

I've been fired, arrested, crashed into John F. Kennedy...

And had nothin' left in my pocket but two bucks.

I've lived through a heart attack...

Quintuple bypass...

Kicked a three-pack-a-day smoking habit...

Earned an emmy...this is my remarkable journey,

and it ain't over yet.

It's all tonight on Larry King Live

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SHOW!

~Larry

Have questions for Larry?  You can leave them here, or enter the Remarkable Question Sweepstakes.  Go to the CNN.com/LarryKing to enter.

Filed under: Larry King Live

Terry, TX   May 19th, 2009 4:59 pm ET

Sir, nobody really cares about your personal business or another celebrity book. Sorry.

angela   May 19th, 2009 5:14 pm ET

Dear Larry, I wish you many more years of doing what you love. I have a question for you, if you are taking them, and if Iam lucky enough to have mine asked and answered. Over the years you have sat across from almost every type of person imaginable from the very best to the very worst. Do you ever pick up vibes from these people? Ever sat across from a bad person you really liked, or a good guy you didnt? How does it work or do you ignore it ?AND, who has inspired you the most to believe in GOD by their story and life?

GRADY BERRY   May 19th, 2009 5:33 pm ET

MY WIFE AND I WATCH YOUR PROGRAM NIGHTLY AND TRULY ENJOY IT.
A QUESTION, PLEASE. DO YOU LIVE IN FEAR OF HAVING ANOTHER HEART ATTACK OR DEVELOPING PROSTATE CANCER THAT SEEMS TO BE COMMON WITH THOSE OF US FELLOWS IN ADVANCED YEARS.? I AM A SEVENTY-FIVE YEAR OLD RETIRED MATH TEACHER RESIDING IN VISALIA CALIFORNIA AND I HAD ALWAYS ENJOYED GOOD HEALTH. UNFORTUNATELY, AFTER HAVING BIOPSIES DONE AT UCLA, WE WERE AWARE THAT WE WERE DEALING WITH CANCER, BUT HAD NO IDEA JUST HOW ADVANCED THAT IT WAS.
TWO YEARS AGO AT UCLA I UNDERWENT SURGERY FOR PROSTATE CANCER AND IT WAS TOO ADVANCED FOR CHEMO OR RADIATION. CURRENTLY I'M ON A LUPRON DEPOT HORMONE TREATMENT WITH INJECTIONS EVERY THREE MONTHS. I HOPE THAT YOU ARE KEEPING TABS ON YOUR PSA - I WAS AND IT GOT AWAY FROM ME!

Patricia`   May 19th, 2009 7:29 pm ET

Larry it just goes to show us that there is a chance for everyone who is willing to take a chance on yourselves. I am amazed at your life. Be proud of your life. you made it.

Comfort Max-Wirth   May 19th, 2009 9:16 pm ET

Hi Larry, you are a blessing to mankind and to me, you are the greatest journalist that ever lived. You have lived a fulfilled life, I know your work isn't over yet and you'll soar higher. God bless you, a great son of America.

GOD BLESS LARRY KING SENIOR

Alheri Grace Abdu   May 19th, 2009 9:17 pm ET

Larry, you are my idol. I want to buy anything that has your name and donate it to as many TV stations as I can, in my home country in Africa. I consider your work as a valuable teaching tool to upcoming broadcasters in my country. Keep on Keeping on.
Alheri

C Kelly   May 19th, 2009 9:18 pm ET

Larry,

I have watched your show for many years here in Canada. My father-a tough critic, of everything, loved your show (in his quiet, nightly ritual of lying on the couch right after dinner..."common we have to finsh up-its almost 6"

Then night after night he would watch you-and I would follow...after I got old enough to appreciate the show, the issues, politics etc...anyway ist been over 15 years for me..and My cat's now know they get fed "after Larry King"...lolol..they wait patiently..

Anyway-you are a regular fixture in my living room and I love your show, your demeanor-your interviews are amazing.

Incidently, my father passed away in his sleep of heart disease at 85-was an active man, very independent- who also smoked for 40 years but quit at 55...He lived to 85. Look after your heart!!

Thanks for your work and your nightly presence that is a ritual in my house.

C Kelly

Susan   May 19th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

Larry is an interviewer with great sense and style. I have never seen him make a guest uncomfortable. Larry has class!

Tyler, Age 10   May 19th, 2009 9:28 pm ET

Dear LArry the Amazing,
My favorite interview is when you intervewed Michelle Obama. You're my favorite CNN anchor!

Your #1 fan,
Tyler, Age 10

Bruce Walton   May 19th, 2009 9:31 pm ET

I would like to say hello to Larry, Jr. I was his high school golf coach at Miami Springs Sr. High in Miami Springs, Fl. He and his friend Lance would stop by my house and we would enjoy talking about the golf team, sports and the University of Miami. Larry you are looking great! You were a terrific part of our golf team and a wonderful student.

angela   May 19th, 2009 9:39 pm ET

You can tell who Larry is fond of when he talks.He lights up when he talks about his guys.

Dodie ~ California   May 19th, 2009 9:43 pm ET

Larry King (Lawrence Harvey Zeiger) , you are tantamount to an icon in my living room. You have always been gracious with all your guests regardless of your personal feelings which is one of your many hallmarks. You are just amazing. After having a heart attack in February 24, 1987 resulting in a quintuple-bypass surgery. You soon went back to work and continue to work until this day. You are an inspiration to us all.

Dodie

Jeannie   May 19th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

If you had a chance to change any decision you made in your life, what would that be?

Dodie ~ California   May 19th, 2009 9:47 pm ET

What event in your life precipitated your desire for interviewing and being on TV?

areheart   May 19th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

Larry,

You are so admirable! I look forward to your show each and every day. Keep up the good work!!

Love ya!

Charlie Robinson   May 19th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

You're 75 years old, what's your take on life after Larry King Live and life after death?

zena   May 19th, 2009 9:51 pm ET

this show is winning me over dancing with the stars!

Julie Harchalk   May 19th, 2009 9:52 pm ET

Larry, who was your most favorite and least favorite interview?

Francine Goldman   May 19th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

Larry,
You didn't answer Shaun when she asked if the question Joy asked you " You've had your fun and now you have settled down with Shaun
and she is the one forever"is TRUE! Was that on purpose? Please answer Shaun if it is true...you would make her day! It would be better than roses! Fran

Doris Heavner   May 19th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

Why do celebreties prefer to be interviewd by you than by anybody else/

Paul Alter   May 19th, 2009 10:00 pm ET

YOU GOT MINE,

Alheri   May 19th, 2009 10:16 pm ET

What would you consider your most memorable broadcasting experience / Biggest challenge?

Helene   May 20th, 2009 12:44 am ET

Dear Larry,

You, and Oprah inspired me to produce and host "healthypeople radio" and "healthstyle with Helene" television and radio shows in Cleveland ...roughly seven years ago [I really miss it :>{ ].

YOU INSPIRED ME to do it. YOU ARE THE KING, LARRY.
You are true to your name, and true to your listeners. You are not afraid to ask bold questions. [I love Joy as a stand-in by the way]

So... do you EVER get SO excited to meet someone that your heart races a mile a minute? If so, how do you calm your Self down enough to stay focused on asking the questions... do you make a list a head of time, or do you ask questions off the cuff?

Have FUN 4 as long as you damn well please.

Love you forever! Zad Gezunt!!!

Helene Berk, M.Ed., R.D.

Registered Dietitian, Health Reporter, publisher of healthypeople.com

Bob Bard   May 20th, 2009 12:51 am ET

Larry,

If you could live your life over, what would you do differently, and why?

Bob

Madeline Diaz   May 20th, 2009 12:53 am ET

Do you believe that you have helped in bringing resolution to people's lives? If so, how?

Madeline Diaz
Bronx, New York

Ifrah   May 20th, 2009 12:54 am ET

Congratulations on your lifetime achievements. I have always watched your show, and you have done such magnificent job. And I can’t wait to get your book.

Sue Stack   May 20th, 2009 1:03 am ET

I would be so honored to meet you, so I'm asking a question that I hope you may consider for your Remarkable Question Sweepstakes.
If you were giving an opportunity to relive one day in your remarkable life, what day would that be and why?

One of your true loyal fans,

Sue Stack

Patrick Clarke   May 20th, 2009 1:09 am ET

Larry King Live on May 19 brought tears to my eyes. I am crying as I write this comment.

When Larry spoke about imitating radio announcers as a little child and deciding then that he would be a journalist, I saw myself in him. I have been dreaming of a career in broadcasting since I was a little boy and I too mimick broadcasters, including Larry King himself. I just turned 22, and I am still working hard to achieve my goals, and this episode simply hit home for me. I cannot give up. It is this or nothing.

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever make it. You see, I am a black young man, and I don't see too many people in broadcasting who look like me, or sound like me either. I was born in Jamaica, and this dream of mine... this dream of mine. Oh boy, it takes me over. I think about it every minute of every day, and I wonder when will my big break come. It must come. It has to come. I will be on CNN. I know I will.

Larry King inspires me. He has had many "rock bottoms," but he has managed to rise above it all. Because of Larry King's story, I can keep on dreaming and know fully well that this dream can come true.

Please make sure Larry King sees this. I just want him to know that this black, young, nobody from Jamaica, living in Canada, is inspired by his story.

Please let me know if Larry King sees this. That is all I want. That would make me feel so good.

– Patrick Clarke

Nabil Moghrabi   May 20th, 2009 1:17 am ET

Dear Larry,

Your show and the incredible Foundation you established and running not only provide entertainment but also contributing to humanity. From your vantage point in life and with all the personal and professional experiences you have had, how would you see humanity evolving before the close of this century?

Cheers,
Nabil

.dar   May 20th, 2009 3:45 am ET

Your show is a never miss for many years. Can't wait to read your book and learn more.
Continued, health, love and happiness !!!!!!!!!!!!

christopher   May 20th, 2009 3:46 am ET

My name is Christopher Parnell my date of Birth is December 25, 1955 I cannot change that. I am a Permanent Resident Alien. That is the truth! I am a true Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fan. I am a son of a different source. The son you know is 33. I did not know I would get the message before today. I don't usaully watch your program, I did not understand before I heard our father's message. On 5/18/2009, I sent a corraspondence to Barak Obama that might have been deemed Anti-Sementic, it was not. My whole life was directed to this day. I do not know if it was ever read. I do have receits that I sent them. Please understand the words I say are true. I have the letters I sent Mr. Obama. Please call me # (951) 737-5068 You will understand. I need your belief for everyone to understand. I will not disappoint.

Sunday M Weiss   May 20th, 2009 3:53 am ET

Larry, you are living proOf humans have the option to improve with age! That and good doctors, with good medicine. Your generous spirit is a blessing, not only to yourself ,but all those you share it with. You live up to the saying " to he who is given much, much is expected." You exceed the expected. One of my favorite movie sayings is by disney's Buzz Light year, and I would like to say it to you, "TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!"

IVY   May 20th, 2009 6:03 am ET

We watch your remarkable show every day, my question to you is what was the most enjoyable interview you ever had and was it a blessing or a curse

melanie suherman   May 20th, 2009 9:15 am ET

Dear Larry,
I (indonesian) know you since I was student in Indonesia 1985, and now am a housewife in French keep watching and enyoy yr program. To my surprise when I tuned on yr today's program : you introduce yr son and share your experiences in yr new book . What make you like you !!!!!.... I enjoy LKL today....and...can't wait to read yr book...It takes times to arrive in France.....Bon courage.... Bon continuation....

Michael Hassen   May 20th, 2009 2:43 pm ET

Hey Larre(Mr.Remarkable)
I have been your biggest fan since i was 8 years old. I have been a contributor on your email once on Judge Judy and another on Charlie Rose.

I know you are incredable. YOu should be proud. I thank you for inspiring people like me who are studing to become Journalist like there is something exciting to come for me in the future. I too dedicate the work ethic and curiosity to you. You are the number one person who lives in me as i take on journalism.

God bless you and rock on. Hope someday we will meet face-face and interview eachother.

This is Michael Hassen from Addis Ababa Ethiopia.

Your remarkable fan
Michael Hassen

Kathi Glennon   May 20th, 2009 2:52 pm ET

May 20th
Dear Larry...I just want you to know, you are one of my biggest fans! I read the article about you when your dad past away. It really hit home for me because my dad past away with a heart attack back on June 14th 1974 when I was 21 yrs old. When I got home from a date and the cops were at my parents house in West Hartford, Connecticut where I was raised and the cops were there greeting me at the front door...I was more in shock as our family was to. The article that i read brought back lots of memories...Larry, you are so awesome..I love watching you on tv...Love your sense of humor, your sneakers and suspenders...I use to snap my dad's when he was getting dolled up for a party to go to with my mom. Keep up the excellent job that you do....You are surely admired by me and others. Stay healthy and enjoy! Sincerely, Kathi Glennon/West Hartford, Ct/ Newington, Ct. I HOPE Larry King sees this!!!!!

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter