CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 18, 2009

LARRY KING LIVE MONDAY DISCUSSION THREAD

Posted: 07:09 PM ET

1tv.larrycustomTONIGHT!
FARRAH FAWCETT'S DESPERATE FIGHT AGAINST CANCER

HANGING ON TO LIFE– REFUSING TO GIVE UP–

DOCMENTED FOR ALL THE WORLD TO WITNESS.

BUT DID ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS HELP HER– HURT HER–
OR MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL?

HER DOCTOR IS HERE TO DESCRIBE HER UNCONVENTIONAL THERAPY.

PLUS

SWINE FLU DEATH EXCLUSIVE
THE HUSBAND OF THE FIRST AMERICAN TO DIE FROM THE VIRUS
SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

HE SAYS HER DEATH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANOTHER CONDITION– HE TELLS US WHO HE'S SUING– AND WHY.
AND MEET THE BABY BORN TO THE COUPLE– RIGHT BEFORE HER MOTHER PASSED AWAY

THEN–
DREW PETERSON PLEADS NOT GUILTY- TO MURDERING HIS THIRD WIFE.

HE REMAINS JAILED ON $20 MILLION BOND
WILL THE WOMAN HE'S ACCUSED OF KILLING, CONVICT HIM…
FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE?

SEE YOU LIVE AT 9 ET only on CNN

~ Larry

Filed under: Larry King Live

Dodie - California   May 18th, 2009 8:43 pm ET

Larry:

FARRAH is an icon. She is such a strong person. This is a horrible disease. My heart goes out to her and the fight for life!
Just a suggestion. I have been studying Chinese Medicine for several years. One thing I have noticed is that they are able to help people with medical issues American Medicine does not seem to know how to help. I am one of those people, who have gone to many medical specialists in the US who could not resolve the medical problem. I went to China and was immediately helped. I am not advocating that she drop American medicine. I am just suggesting that she might think of consulting a top notch Chinese traditional Medical doctor to see if there is anything more that can be done.

C Kelly   May 18th, 2009 8:57 pm ET

Thank you for sharing Farrah's story. Cancer is always talked about in technical terms or "Walk for...Run for...donation terms". Advertising also discusses screening terms. It rarely is so open for all to really see. I think it is was very brave of her to share her story. We also have to be brave to watch it and discuss it.

Congratulations on your new book! I look forward to reading it.

Mary   May 18th, 2009 9:06 pm ET

Where is Lee Majors?? Has he been there to see Farrah??

caroline   May 18th, 2009 9:07 pm ET

Re: Farrah...there is nothing wrong with alternative treatment...i used alternative treatment when i was diagnosed with auto immune disease and now i am fine for 2 years now without taking drugs

Joan Stroud   May 18th, 2009 9:07 pm ET

Larry. I watched the documentary of Farrah and I was truly touched by her strength and determination to beat the cancer. What I was wondering though is why they did not use anesthesia when carrying out some of the procedures. It seemed cruel to put her through that if she didn't have to be.

Bettie S. Easter   May 18th, 2009 9:08 pm ET

I was uncertain, if I wanted to watch the documentary on Farrah Fawcett's cancer journey. I'm glad I did. She's so much more than the l970's pin up girl, and I wish her, and her loved ones, only the best. She is a fighter. May God Bless Her.

neraki13   May 18th, 2009 9:13 pm ET

Do you think that Farrah would have been saved if she had chosen the colostomy as a treatment vs. the treatment she did? i did and it was a life saver (for 20 years now)?

Annie   May 18th, 2009 9:17 pm ET

Of course I feel awful about Farrah's situation, but as I watched the documentary, I couldn't help but think of all the people who have no health insurance, have no money for specialists and certainly no money for flying back and forth to Germany.

The implication is that the lives of the rich and insured continue to be more important than the lives of the poor and uninsured.

angela   May 18th, 2009 9:17 pm ET

I hope that Farrah is getting some spiritual support from a pastor or priest, so this is not perceived as just a physical battle.

Pat Ledoux   May 18th, 2009 9:17 pm ET

Dear Larry, I wanted to comment on farrah Fawdett's documentary- it was truly the most heartbreaking, gut wrenching program I have ever seen. I cried, I laughed and I kept a prayer in my heart for Farrah. She is truly an angel. My heart just aches for her and Ryan . her Dad and her son. She is so strong, and her writings are amazing. She has an amazing talent to make you feel what she says. When she talked about whether she would see rain in Heaven, I could not stop crying. She is so brave. I always wanted to be like her when I was a teenager, alas, I was and still am a petite brown eyed brunette! I now hope that if I ever have to fight a disease, I can do it with class and dignity like her/. I would really like to send her a card; can you let your audience know if there is somewhere we can send one. God bless Farrah and her family, my thoughts and good wishes to them all. Farrah is a remarkable woman, and I admire her courage and strength.

Helen A. Dixon   May 18th, 2009 9:18 pm ET

I could hardly watch it through the tears! Farrah is such a *Warrior* against these cruel odds! Ryan O'Neal was more heart wrenching than in the role of Oliver Barrett IV he played in "Love Story"! Most men don't speak as eloquently as he does about love and caring! When he admitted that he "Won't know how to live in a world without her" - that broke my heart! You could just see & feel the love he has for her. Theirs is the real "Real Thing"! I'm so glad I saw Farrah's Story & I'll never forget it, or either of them in it! My prayers are with them. It's so sad...I pray they will both have the strength to bear what may lie ahead for them. And what a champion Alana Stewart has been! All praises to her, along with Farrah & Ryan! I think she is so much of the reason Farrah is still 'alive & kicking'!! God Bless all three of them!! And thank you for making this groundbreaking documentary for us to learn from! I'm making an appointment for a check-up immediately!

Dodie ~ California   May 18th, 2009 9:19 pm ET

Larry:

Why not use Stem cell treatment for Farrah?

Mariann Kaminski   May 18th, 2009 9:19 pm ET

Farrah Fawcett is a true inspiration to all of humanity. If faced with her situation, most people would want to hang on to as much quality of life for as long as humanely possible.

Dave   May 18th, 2009 9:20 pm ET

Do you know if Farrah was a smoker?

Maranda   May 18th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

The documentary of Farrah and her battle was amazing, inspiring,openly optimistic, but yet so sad. I feel we all have a purpose, and events happen in our life for a reason. Perhaps Farrah's illness and her documentary is a way to get the goverment to open their eyes start approving more funding for cancer research. With the issue of the tabloids, The Enquirer being the largest offender there has to be legistlation passed not only in California but including the other 49 states to protect these people. They chose to be stars. But to have their privacy breached, and not be able to walk into a medical clinic without being bombarded by the papparazzi is disgusting. I wish Farrah all the best and may her family stay strong.

Sherry   May 18th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

I also watched Farrah's Story and it was very bittersweet.

I spent five years with my partner as she struggled with stage four ovarian cancer. She was so much like Farrah and gave it her best.
She also went through the same suffering with sickness
and hair loss three times. She was one of the many in
Kansas City area who also received diluted chemo from the pharmacist named Robert Courtney.

I commend Farrah in her willingness to share the true sight
of cancer. Those of us who have been able to witness such
struggles and the survivors share such memories remember
those days.

This war with cancer needs to be conquered.

Prayers for Farrah and all others fighting this war.

To our angels who struggle no more- you are loved!

Nicole   May 18th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

I am 40, Farrah was my & my friends' idol growing up in the 70's.We all wanted to be her. Cannot stand to see her suffer. A beatiful woman.

Susi   May 18th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

As a colon cancer survivor I can totally understand Farrah's need to tell her story. You want to tell everybody what to look for, you want to help others not have to go through what you have. I watched the documentary
last night,; I was so beyond moved. I wanted to reach out to her and give her whatever would make her feel better, if just for a moment. I believe it is our job as humans to share and teach one another what we need to know and how to deal with the battles we face. I am so proud of Farrah.

Melli   May 18th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

I've listened to many comments on the teenager with cancer who has been ordered to take chemo. It is the courts obligation to fight for the rights of this boy to live. That is the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard!!!!!!!! This is the same courts that have demanded the rights for parents that chose to kill their children just because they are in the womb! Too bad these guys were not around for the millions of babies put to death over the last four decades.

Claire   May 18th, 2009 9:23 pm ET

I think it is great that Farrah is keeping on fighting this horrible disease, but I also think you at CNN have over-publicized the whole thing. 5000 people are diagnosed with that cancer every year, and thousands of others are fighting cancer today. We should be supporting all of our cancer victims today by coming up with ways to alert people to possible treatments that are available to everyone. We need to stop cancer in any way we can instead of just looking for a story in a celebrity who can afford many expensive treatments. While I hope Farrah does recover, I also think we should be praying for cancer victims everywhere and that we as a nation should try to raise our healthcare availability and success rates so everyone can benefit with better coverage and treatment.

Stuart   May 18th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

I too question whether the decision to avoid a colostomy and seek alternatve treatment outside the United States increased the risk of the cancer spreading. The documentary criticized current US policy regarding experimental treatments, yet there are trials going on all the time. I think it is dangerous to encourage alternative treatment unavailable in the US. UCLA is one of the world's greatest Cancer centers and I think Ms Fawcett would have been better off putting all her trust in her UCLA doctors/surgeons and been spared needless suffering.

Christopher Montanez   May 18th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

First and most important my heart and prayers go out to Farrah Fawcett and her family. It is my hope that she recover from this ordeal she is going thru. Please understand that what I am about to say may ruffle some feathers but it is the truth. I do not understand why, when a celebrity is very ill the world stops to pay tribute and accolades to celebrities. What about attention to those "regular folks" like my wife who has had 2 ovarian cancer surgeries with her second surgery being a rare ovarian brain tumor that nearly killed her. No one cared, and the only attention she received was the insurance company calling to
get payment for the surgery. Where was the media when I needed someone to bring attention to the seriousness of
Ovarian Cancer and what it is like to suffer and not have medical insurance. Sure we are just regular folks, little people and oh well we are not like Farrah Fawcett with millions to travel the world to get a second opinion. Gee , wish I had the celebrity lifestyle so that I can help my one and only my wife.
Yes my wife does not shed tears and complain about her
cancer, she deals with it, she continues with her daily responsibilities and her job. Yes I did say correctly, she works
after suffering a second time with ovarian cancer. I'm sorry if
I sound bitter, but I don't get all the media attention on one celebrity when there are women suffering everywhere from Ovarian Cancer and no one cares, the media only puts attention to the matter when it involves a celebrity. Wake up media giants, Ovarian Cancer affects many and not just celebrities. Cancer in any form affects humans, not just celebrities.

Karen N. Walton, KY   May 18th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

Would the colostomy have been a life-saving treatment for Farrah had she chosen to go that route? It was for me?
Prayers for her and her family.

Jonathan   May 18th, 2009 9:26 pm ET

I think that Farrah's fight is no different than any other persons fight with cancer, or any other potentially terminal disease. The only difference is that she is a social icon and therefore gets time on CNN and the other news media.

angela   May 18th, 2009 9:28 pm ET

You have God, you have life beyond the grave, only the body dies. If people could wrap their minds around the higher truths, the dying factor would be greatly mitigated.

Marie   May 18th, 2009 9:29 pm ET

I admire Farrah's bravery for sharing this incredibly personal journal. I lost both parent to cancer and saw first hand what this disease does. It is seriously time for a miracle.

Farrah is unique, I tell why:   May 18th, 2009 9:29 pm ET

I have never seen someone who is with terminal disease turn her fight public . She decided to share with her public, her dramtic story.
She is a such excelent character,, adorable that we are suffering with her , praying and following like she is one of my sister
The normal is the person be so sad, instrospective, mad, or laconic.
Sarrah Fawcet is an extraordinary person and unique.
Celita Polsgrove

laura pick   May 18th, 2009 9:30 pm ET

I wish Farrah a successful recovery, but I'm tired of her cancer taking so much air time.she is fighting the same battle that thousands of other adults and children are currently fighting and most with fewer resources and support than she has.

James   May 18th, 2009 9:30 pm ET

I have been a fan of Ms Fawcett's since the age of 11. Here I am 33 years later, STILL a fan and collector. My heart goes out not only to Ms Fawcett , but to her son Redmond and her living Father.
Since reading about Ms Fawcett's personal battle, I have been glued to every news program and media outlet. Her documentary shows that shes MORE than vanity.
I hope Ms Fawcett wins this battle so the lasting images of her will not be the closing of her documentary.
My Heart and Prayers go out to Her and her bravery.
SHe was beautiful in the 70's, but even more now!!!

GOD Bless

Denene74   May 18th, 2009 9:31 pm ET

Larry,
Cancer touches so many. My father has nasopharyngeal carcinoma. It is stage 4 and prognosis is grim. I have heard of a study in N.Y. that can treat late stages of cancer. Have your medical experts heard of this? He is currently in Tufts medical, Boston. His doctors are no longer optimistic. I am searching for hope.

Carolyn   May 18th, 2009 9:31 pm ET

My heart & prayers go out to Farrah. She was so upset about the tabloids printing lies about her wanting to die. If everyone would boycott the tabliods & put the money toward cancer research insteading of buying such trash, then maybe there would be more more money for research & possible cures.
God Bless you Farrah.
Your in my prayers.

lisa   May 18th, 2009 9:32 pm ET

I was diagnosed with rectal adenocarcinoma in December. The doctors first suspected anal cancer. My 5 year prognosis is a 70% cure rate. The chemo and radiation combination treatment was grueling, then surgery where 6 of 16 lymph nodes had metastices. I am now receiving two chemo drugs in 12 cycles over the next 6 months. My heart goes out to Farrah and her family and I wish her prognosis was better but I feel there is always hope for a better outcome as long as you're alive.

Carol Johnson   May 18th, 2009 9:32 pm ET

Why doesn't he give it up? His questions and lack of listening are unbelievable!!

Dodie ~ California   May 18th, 2009 9:34 pm ET

What about patient "0" The child that was found petting the pigs through the fence?

angela   May 18th, 2009 9:37 pm ET

We were talking more about the virus a few weeks ago, it seems like we have been given a time out to prepare for this thing. Certainly the virus hasnt disappeared.

Dodie ~ California   May 18th, 2009 9:37 pm ET

@ lisa

I fully understand. I always say I am a chemo survivor, not a cancer survivor. The chemo I received blows out hearts. A friend of mine died from the Chemo I took.

Carolyn   May 18th, 2009 9:37 pm ET

I would like to thank Farrah for making her story public...My mother passed away from anal cancer in 2002 and at the time she was diagnosed we were told only 13 people in the whole world had this type of cancer.This being the case so little was known about how to treat it.My mother fought a courageous fight for 21 months and was determined to beat it but sadly we buried her on Christmas Eve..Ms.Fawcett has brought national attention to this type of cancer and my hope is now more research will be done to find a cure.May God bless her,her family and friends during her courageous fight and I will keep them all in my prayers.

ro   May 18th, 2009 9:39 pm ET

Larry,

Thank you for your covering "Farrah's Story" – I watched it and loved it and have saved it on my DVR. My daughter went thru cancer treatment last year and thank God is currently in remission. I felt so much strength just watching Farrah's journey – and if I ever am diagnosed with cancer, I pray not, I will cherish having Farrah's story to watch and go thru it with her and hang on to her strength. Her story is a legacy. Make sure she gets a thank you from "EVERYONE". God Bless her.

Her story was so 'needed to be shared' for her and for all of us who have been touched by cancer in someway.

thank you Farrah – we love and pray for you !

Dodie ~ California   May 18th, 2009 9:41 pm ET

I also suspect Smithfield foods was also involved in DNA research compiled with the filthy and conditions.

September it could be very dangerous

angela   May 18th, 2009 9:42 pm ET

Maybe we need to be more thoughtful about the conditions we make animals live under in these farms. it sounds like they are totally filthy miserable places. I could not even walk through a pig farm.

Susan   May 18th, 2009 9:43 pm ET

Dear Farrah....
I wish I could know your email address. I do think there are things out there that could help you. Maybe even the miracle you seek.
It would be great to talk to you over some options I am aware of. I have studied natural medicine since I was 35. I am sure you know that ginger is good for nausea.
Good luck to you....

Patti   May 18th, 2009 9:44 pm ET

What Farrah is doing is great. She is bringing attention to a terrible illness. She has asked some great questions about our medical rearch in this country. Her story has made me want to always be super healthy-eat organic food and exercise more, and I say 'thank you' to her for making a positive difference in my life.

Angeles Silverman   May 18th, 2009 9:45 pm ET

Hi, Mr. King,
Newsweek has a cover Story about the Swing Flue about the first case around Thanksgiving 2005 in Wisconsin. Why you do not
mention anything about it or Why Dr. Gupta haven't check it? Thanks.

Angeles

Sharon Peterson   May 18th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

This is a question about Farrah's treatment. My son survived testicuar cancer 10 years ago. He was in stage 4. They said he would have died in 3 weeks. They gave him agressive chemo and no surgery. I was wondering if the drugs NUPITIN AND EPITIN had been used on Farrah.? They made it possible for my son to survive a year of chemo treatment. He is now 11 years cancer free.

Vickie   May 18th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

My prayers goes with Farrah and family. I had colorectal cancer stage 3 eleven years ago. My doctor's recommendation was permanent colostomy. Went to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Hospital for second opinion and scheduled surgery to reconstruct it. I went for eleven months of weekly chemotherapy. I also suffered with crohn disease and ulcerative colitis. the minute I found out my disease, I accepted it and I let go and let God. I have a very strong faith and my attitude is very positive. Yearly colonoscopy for check-up and following my doctor's advice with medication, my crohn disease is gone. I'm very grateful to God for healing me and now I give support to other cancer patients and telling all my friends to have colonscopy for their next physical check up.

Mary   May 18th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

I watched the documentary but never could understand why they did not discuss when she first noticed symptoms, what they were, and how long it took her to see her doctor for the symptoms? Did she delay seeking help? Did she go immediately? I feel like they really left out a huge piece of this puzzle. Her earliest experiences could get people moving to seek help if they have similar symptoms. Great documentary but I really wish they would have included these most important points.

Dodie, NC   May 18th, 2009 9:52 pm ET

Wouldn't anal sex contribute to anal cancer: If so, would not gay men be more susceptable to this disease? Dodie, NC

kekiman   May 18th, 2009 9:58 pm ET

you have got to be kidding me...did I just see cindy and george anthony all over again...
denial, denial, denail...drew peterson's lawyers just sounded like them...wtf?
Whatever happened to accountability for actions...stop covering up for murders, liars, pysciopaths, etc.
What happened to the USA? please someone answer. What is wrong with the country? it's NOT the economy either.

michael collins   May 18th, 2009 10:04 pm ET

hay larry you seem like a nice guy but have you ever been i troulbe with the law

EILEEN   May 18th, 2009 10:09 pm ET

THANK YOU FOR SHARING FARRAH'S STORY. CAN LARRY PLEASE LET FARRAH & RYAN KNOW ABOUT DR. JOHANNA BUDWIG. HER CANCER DIET IS AMAZING & HAS HELPED MANY PEOPLE. I CAME ACROSS HER HOLISTIC HEALING SITE MANY YRS AGO. IT'S ALL OVER THE WEB STILL TODAY, SHE'S HELPED SO MANY. THIS IS A DIET THAT MEANS BUSINESS WHEN IT COMES TO FIGHTING CANCER, IT'S ALL NATURAL & HAS MANY HEALING QUALITIES. MAHALO

NADIA PADONOU   May 18th, 2009 10:09 pm ET

Larry I love your show and your determination for your job .
Here is my question tell me about your best and worst moment as journalist and broadcaster. Thanks

Mickey Brown   May 18th, 2009 10:13 pm ET

Not sure how to leave a question for Larry King,maybe you can pass it on.

Larry, How would you like to be remembered when you leave this earth?

Also Congratulations on your book that I will sure buy to read.

Colleen Hensel   May 18th, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Farrah should immediately request her doctors to put a port-a-cath in her chest for chemotherapy and any IV injections. It is a minor surgery lasting 45 minutes. The port goes directly into her heart vein. Cedars-Sinai put one in me in July 2002 for ovarian cancer after I had severe phebitis in my arm from the first chemo. I've had kidney disease since infancy so my veins were shot by the time I got ovarian cancer. My cancer is in remission but I have crohn's, cervical stenosis C5-C7, interstitial cystitis, and my port is a life saver because I don't have to tolerate the pain and plebitis in my arms each time I am hospitalized or they need to access my veins. I have been hospitalized 28 times since age 10, and had over 40 outpatient procedures.

There is no reason Farrah should suffer this pain in her arms, and the veins blowing, and then they try another and another and another. I am surprised Farrah's doctors at UCLA did not recommend this already-not a PIC line – a port-a-cath. A PIC will not work if her veins have been used a lot. Ask Dr Sanje Gupta if you don't trust my advice to Farrah.

I never write or twitter or tweet, etc to any programs, but when I saw Farrah on TV discussing her painful veins, my heart went out to her. I have been in her place where I didn't want to go on just because of the painful burning veins. All those burning veins went away with my port. I am not in the medical field. I am 62, a graduate of the USC MARSHALL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS with a litigation paralegal certificate from UCLA. I have been ill since childhood, have five diseases, speak from first hand experience, have spent over 40% of my net income on healthcare since I graduated from USC in 1968, and I am certain that this info regarding the port will help Farrah if she gets one.

peter & Helen   May 18th, 2009 10:35 pm ET

we'll be @ Borders tomorrow AM @ 9..to look for Larry's bk., cannot wait to read, this is what seniors do in our area, we go to Borders & read..no kidding, then we enjoy our Cappucino, etc..& walk home, looking forward to tomorrow evening w/Regis & Joy & Anderson..he's enjoyed a wonderful life..god bless L King...

Dr D Carlson   May 18th, 2009 10:57 pm ET

Anyone at CNN tired of being shills for big pharma? Read the following announcement and look at the date. Will tell you all you need to know about the conclusively benign swine flu. It's not even as bad as seasonal winter flu – but your hype will be GREAT for Aventis/CDC business. Unconscionable manipulation.

Headline———————————————————————————-

Sanofi Aventis Invests 100 Million Euros In New Facility In Mexico To Produce Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza Vaccine

Main Category: Pharma Industry / Biotech Industry
Also Included In: Immune System / Vaccines
Article Date: 19 Mar 2009 – 4:00 PDT

Sanofi-aventis (EURONEXT: SAN and NYSE: SNY), announced the signing of an agreement with the Mexican authorities to build a 100 million euro facility to manufacture influenza vaccine in Mexico.
END ---------------– --

Brent Lucas   May 18th, 2009 10:59 pm ET

Drew Peterson appeared a bit concerned for once – does that mean he has a conscience? Drew Peterson....meet Scott Peterson!

Dodie ~ California   May 18th, 2009 11:37 pm ET

@ Dr D Carlson

President Hu Jintao of China has called for responsible agencies to be on high alert to minimize the spreading of A/ H1N1 flu in the country. His statements came after a Chinese student from the US was confirmed to be infected by the new virus.

The WHO stated:

H1N1 appears to be more contagious than seasonal influenza. The secondary attack rate of seasonal influenza ranges from 5% to 15%. Current estimates of the secondary attack rate of H1N1 range from 22% to 33%.

I can only tell you that in 1968 I almost died from the what was known as the Hong Kong flu when I became infected the second time 4 months later after it circled the southern hemisphere.

We don't need to panic... but we had better be ready!

carol kesling   May 18th, 2009 11:40 pm ET

i watched the farrah special and was totally moved by it !!!!!!!! when i think i have it bad over something trivial and small i will try to think of her and think HOW BAD IT IS FOR HER !!!!!!!!!!!! god bless her and her poor father, hopefully he can remain strong for her ......... and god bless ALANA AND RYAN for letting all of us see how TRULLY BLESSED ALOT OF US REALLY ARE !!!!!!!!!! "CALLING ALL ANGELS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patricia   May 19th, 2009 12:30 am ET

I saw Farrah's documentary and was touched by her courage to show the world how she is coping and what she has been through and still battling this HORRIBLE thing called CANCER.
She has been in my prayers and has been on my mind since I watched the documentary. I wish her well and wish her peace and tranquility as she still fights this ugly demon.
GOD BLESS YOU FARRAH...... America and the world loves you!!!

Lu   May 19th, 2009 1:05 am ET

I just saw the interview with Mr. Steve Trunnel, whose pregnant wife unfortunately died from swine flue. His 4 year old daughter was sitting next to him. She clearly had a bad bruise in the shape of a handprint on her upper right thigh. Hope that they check on who is taking care of this little girl who is already going through so much.

Glen J. Begin   May 19th, 2009 1:09 am ET

I was watching your show and seen your report on Farrah Fawcets battle with anal cancer. I have information on alternative medicine that may help her. It's called the "Gerson Miracle". (Gerson Therapy) . This alternative therapy has been banned from U.S.A. because of the law's we have hear for treating any degenerative diseases. Although this therapy requires an entire lifestyle change it in my opinion it does detoxify the entire body including the liver and by wathching your show and my understanding of Farrah's condition the toxins in her liver are at the cause of her cancer. I have a DVD of this therapy which I obtained from the Gerson Institute (clinic) which is located in Tijuana Mexico.
Go to for more info and specifics because the info I have, I do not Know how to download it or send it .

Sincerely
Glen J. Begin

P.S. I firmley believe this therapy can help Farrah and possibly save her life . Can someone pass on this message to her because I don't know if it's possible to contact her directly.

Thanks again,
God Bless

Lu   May 19th, 2009 1:18 am ET

Please look at the tape. In the interview with Mr. Steve Trunnel, whose pregnant wife died of swine flu, his little 4 year old daughter had a handprint shaped bruise on her right thigh. Who is taking care of this little girl who has already lost her mother?! Please, someone look into this...

Marilyn Mabbett   May 19th, 2009 1:51 am ET

Larry, it amazes how Dr. Sanjay Gupta was policing Dr. Vogel like Dr. Vogel should have never done Farah’s surgery. How about if she would have had the surgery in Germany first instead of destroying her veins first from the treatment at UCLA. This situation reminds me of Michael Landon and Steve McQueen,they too received treatment first that burned their veins and weekend their immune system and had surgeries that mutilated them here in the U.S and then as a last ditch effort they go holistic or have other "mainstream" treatment from other countries and if that fails after the fact the U.S. blames it on those "Alternative" treatments. How many drugs that have been taken off the market for being dangerous even though they have been approved by the "AMA" are being used in the U.S. on cancer patients fighting for their life and yet they just rushed them through for approval. I feel that is murder. MY own father was given three drugs after his brain stem stoke that have since been taken off the market. One perscription they gave him for two months after the stroke caused strokes and was taken off the market. Just recently 4 years after my fathers death "Reglan" given to a multitude of people for reflux problems Reglan has now been attributed to causing Tardive Dyskinesia this is a devastating and sometimes lifelong syndrome for those diagnosed. It affects its victims mentally, physically, socially, emotionally, and vocationally. Tardive dyskinesia causes victims to have involuntary, repetitive, purposeless movements. My father was given that in an IV and after his discharge. He had repetitive movements with his head for 4 years was this due to Reglan? All I can say is thank God Farrah is supporting the fact that people need to take control of their own health and treatment that is offered. Thank God for the Internet. To close how many countless surgeries have our U.S. doctors done for the almighty dollar, and Socilized medicine is not the answer either. That will be worse and more control by these medical drug lords.
Larry, can you imagine if there was a sure cure for cancer all these sharlatons would be out of business.

danielle   May 19th, 2009 3:42 am ET

I truly hope that the American doctors can "see" the differences in the way Farrah was treated (personally, not only medically) in Germany. I have such little regard to Doctors in America. I am so mistreated and misdiagnosed, etc. for such a very long time. If I had the resources I too would go to another country to treatment. I actually got about a 1/3 of the way into this interview before I HAD to change channels. The EGO's were intolerable. I know for a fact that even a doctor who graduated last in his/her class, or cheated, who did "whatever it took to become a Doctor. They are still called Doctor. Did you ever once see in the Farrah piece where an American Doctor would go out of his way to HUG a PATIENT! I am personally dying, and I will go in piece in my home....alone. Since no one in the medical field cares enough to understand the intolerable pain, the fact that I CAN NOT be at their office when it suits them. I must be the other way around for me. I am a very complainemt patient, but can not find a doctor that even cares one bit. The smugness of American "doctors" really got to me. I made me realize that I was not alone in this snugness of attitude of doctors. So I will go peacefully, alone, not "bother" another doctor. I just don't want to be here anymore, Do NOT think that is suicidal talk, because it isn't. It is just a recognization that no one can or will help me. So I go peacefull.

Chazz Dillon   May 19th, 2009 3:58 am ET

HELLO LARRY, PLZ SOMEONE ANSWER

I am 19 years old now. When I was a senior in HS my mom was diagnosed with BREAST CANCER. She was required to take different treatment plans as in SURGERIES, CHEMOTHERAPIES, and RADIATION. All that I know is that my mom was perfectly fine before going through these so-called "treatments". They made her weak, she didn’t want to eat anything, lost her hair, ETC. It made her the sickest I've ever seen her in my life. They pump bags UPON bags of this "chemo" INTO there bodies, how in any way could that be healthy for any patient? Then after her treatments were over with, the expensive drugs that were supposed to make her feel better had no effect. And she was forced so fend for herself with over-the-counter aspirin because the pills didn’t relieve the symptoms like they were supposed to. Even though my family has insurance, we are still slapped with bill after bill. Not including my college tuition, and insurance every month, we still have hospital bills. I have one simple philosophy, what if cancer is made up? I've witnessed so many people be destroyed after the treatments when there was nothing wrong with them before. I've also witnessed how much money is involved in cancer treatments, cancer research, and medical establishments to treat them. WHAT IF CANCER IS A SCAM?????Could this be a major contoversy is so??????

PLEASE READ !!! C:D

SF   May 19th, 2009 5:47 am ET

I think if everyone stopped eating PORK and PORK products we wouldnt have this problem. This is the exact reason why PORK and Alcohol is forbidden in Islam. Since it is not good for us health wise and for other reasons we dont understand like this

HERB MCCOY   May 19th, 2009 6:43 am ET

I am an american living in Germany and am so glad that if i have any medical problems i will be taken care of and it will not make be broke like if i was living in the United States. I think the medical association in the U.S. can have tendencies of being very pitiful to say the least besides making you have to claim bankruptcy on top of everything.

Larry i love your show and wait for it every day. No matter what the subject you seem to make even the subjects i'm not interested in interesting. Good luck with your book and i'm sure its going to be a best seller.

p.s. Have you ever had an interview where you wanted to smack the person you are interviewing?

idzan ismail of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   May 19th, 2009 7:12 am ET

I am really sad for Farrah. Quesions abound on whether she is dying or is she near death?
Dont people realised even the healthy can die anytime.
Farah is so lucky to have a soul mate in Ryan O'neal, her constant companion for decades..
I hope he will marry her this instant, on her hosptal bed.
A friend was dying of cancer but she got married on her hospital bed.
It gives her the courage to fight the cancer. She's now completely healed.
Seeing Ryan O'neal with Farrah makes me revisit the flim Love Story starring O'Neal and Ali iMcgraw.
I was a teenager then and I cried buckets.

danielle   May 19th, 2009 7:58 pm ET

I can only hope that the condensending arrogrant doctors in CA get better more compassionate doctors if they ever have cancer than they gave her. You can not blame her for going outside the US for treatment that has proven to work in other countries. I cried too. I cried when I saw that she got treated as just a number in the US....I have been there, and it is awful. I personally found the CA doctors so uncaring, emotionally unable to feel. That is the western way of medicine. I was visiting in a small Eurpeoan country when I got ill. My friends drove to a city 35 miles away and returned with an ER doctor, he came into my room armed with a hammer and nail to hang an IV, and medication. Amazingly, he did not charge me. He did it because he was a doctor. All I want is a doctor who cares about my health, both physically and emotionally. Compassion is free.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter