CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 15, 2009

Friday fun on Larry King Live! (Live Show Discussion Thread)

Posted: 05:31 PM ET

1tv.larrycustomAmerican Idols rate the last two standing!  Who will it be, wholesome Kris or over the top Adam?

Those who've been there, Justin Guarini, Kimberly Caldwell, & Elliot Yameen will join me.

Who do you think will win?  Do you have questions for the former contestants about what it's like to be on "American Idol?"  Ask them here and tune in to see your question asked on air!

Plus, and I'm really excited about this one, Tom Hanks and Ron Howard stop by to talk about their new film "Angels and Demons"

Will controversy over religion keep the fans away?

Tune in tonight at 9pm ET.  It's been a good week, and tonight it's going to be a GREAT show.  See you soon.

~Larry

Filed under: Larry King Live

Ann   May 15th, 2009 6:58 pm ET

Thought he said he wasnt going for the Whitehouse. Well, Arnie now has Tony's and the EU's instructions to go for the Whitehouse. He's on Suggested Users' page on Twitter. Time for the US to watch-out? They are gonna take over in 2012 if BO doesnt sit up.

nanassetta   May 15th, 2009 7:21 pm ET

Sounds like a fun show! I really love Elliott YAMIN'S music! His new CD is incredible! It goes to prove that you don't have to win American Idol to have a successful career.

brat242   May 15th, 2009 7:21 pm ET

Hi Larry, It's Yamin, not Yameen! He sings great, and is really a nice guy, please get his name right! Thanks a million..... Liz from the Flipside.

BLEE   May 15th, 2009 7:21 pm ET

Dude, for real this is the second time you have had him on the show. One of the best singers to ever sit next to you.

IT"S ELLIOTT YAMIN!!!

Jackie Beckman   May 15th, 2009 7:32 pm ET

Elliott, being an Idol alum got you instant recognition. But in the music world there is a certain negative stigma attached to post-idol contestants, even the winners. Do you find with this fantastic new album you are finally being viewed as "Elliott Yamin the Artist", rather than Elliott Yamin the past idol contestant? Now – enough about that – what I really want to know is, when are you and I going to run away together?

Lori   May 15th, 2009 7:41 pm ET

Elliott, have you heard anything about the baby named after you in Africa, when you went there for Idol Gives Back?

Will the same band members be touring with you next week?

Do you know who you will be touring with after you come back from Japan?

I LOVE you and your new cd! I can't think of that many albums I own that I don't skip a few songs at least...that doesn't happen with your album!

Catch ya on the Flipside! 🙂

Beverly McDermott Casting   May 15th, 2009 7:42 pm ET

for Ron Howard;;;

Ron, one of my greatest joys of casting movies over the past thirty years was working as your casting director on the marvelous movie;Cocoon' in Florida. Do you ever plan to come back to Florida to film in the future??

Sincerely,

Beverly McDermott

SUSAN HAHN   May 15th, 2009 8:21 pm ET

DEAR LARRY i AM A FAN OF YOUR MOST AMAZING SHOW, YOU ARE AN ICON AND A BLESSING ALTHOUGH i AM IN CANADA MY WORLD IS RICHERBECASUE OF YOU AND ANDERSON COOPER AND CNN-WHY WOULD ANYONE( AND EVEN YOUR WEBSITE) CALL ADAM OVER THE TOP I AM A 55+ YEAR YOUNG GRANDMA WHO THINKS THAT AS FAR AS TALENT , VOICE AND CONFIDENCE GO,ADAM OUT-SHINED BASICALLY EVERYONE – HE IS NOT A RUN OF THE MILL COOKIE CUTTER SINGER HE DOES NOT SACRIFICE HIS ARTISTIC INTEGRITY AND THAT IS WHY I BELIEVE AND HOPE THAT AMERICA WILL DO THE RIGHTTHING AND VOTE FOR HIM – DONT YOU FOKS IN AMERICA LOVE TO TO REWARD-TALENT DEDICATION AND GUTS??? WAKE UP AMERICA BE FAIR AMERICAN IDOL IS A TALENT SHOW -ADAM LAMBERT IS ABSOLUTELY THE RIGHT CHOICE- BE FAIR AND REWARD THIS YOUNG GENTLEMAN WHO HAS DEMONSTRATED INDIVIDUAL
STYLE AND FLAIR-I AM AN AMERICAN IDOL FAN EVERY SEASON AND SO FAR I HAVE VOTED IN MY HEAD CORRECTLY EVERYTIME- ADAM LAMBERT ADAM LAMBERT ADAM LAMBERT YOU ARE IT.
THANK YOU LARRY, WE IN CANADA LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOU WILL PRINT THIS I AM A REALTOR AND TALK TO TONS OF PEOPLE WE ALL THINK IT SHOULD BE ADAM LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUZY HAHN VICTORIA CANADA

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 8:38 pm ET

I saw "Angels & Demons" this morning I really enjoyed it for what it is, an action film, but it doesn't measure up to the book. A lot of omissions, including the critical relationship between Kohler and his daughter Vittoria and other things that I won't give away.

However, as an art history major I can't help but get excited about anything involving art and art history professors!

NINNA D   May 15th, 2009 9:13 pm ET

I think Adam should win. He has delivered every week amazing performances & his killer vocals. He hits notes most people simply dream of!!. Kris is Ok, but ADAM is the whole package. He is just mind-blowing!! I have watched many seasons, but ADAM is the best thing that has ever happened to AI!!!

A. Brown   May 15th, 2009 9:23 pm ET

I agree with Ninna D. Adam has amazing crazy talent. Kris is OK, but Adam is a true artist. There has never been and Idol contestant like Adam Lambert. All of the judges have said at one time or another, that he is "Brilliant" .. and he IS.

Dodie ~ California   May 15th, 2009 9:25 pm ET

Ron Howard is an excellent Director. Any move with his direction would be good. He is gifted, talented and humble! What a nice combination.

Donna from Weed   May 15th, 2009 9:26 pm ET

Great to see Elliott YAMIN on your panel tonight...love his new CD...bring him back on soon...

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 9:27 pm ET

I am not crazy about Hanks as Langdon because Langdon is supposed to be in his early forties. I am glad they didn't use a well known actress to play Vittoria, it made her more believable.

Henry Laten   May 15th, 2009 9:29 pm ET

Hi Larry

I just have one thing to say "How is it that someone that goes on Idol to preform on stage can promote a contestant? (I think having Adam Lambert's name writen on your cape and turning around and showing the world is wrong, when does the other contestants get promoted that way?

hanks

Dodie ~ California   May 15th, 2009 9:30 pm ET

Tom Hanks! You are a talented and gifted actor. Keep up the great work!

Shari, Tiverton, Ontario, Canada   May 15th, 2009 9:30 pm ET

Loved Angels & Demons. Read it before Divinci Code. I love Tom Hanks too, he's one of my favourite actors. Going to see the movie tomorrow and can't wait!!!!

james   May 15th, 2009 9:31 pm ET

tom i want to know about this new ww2 movie and if this is going to be you last one. if not it would be nice to see something done to honor the american sailors

Kimberly Curtis   May 15th, 2009 9:31 pm ET

I haven't seen Da Vinci code...do I need to see it to understand Angels and Demons?
Thank you!
Kimberly

Roland Robustelli   May 15th, 2009 9:33 pm ET

How much involvement did Dan Brown have with this movie?

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 9:33 pm ET

I liked the intellectual parts of the film more than the action parts. Unfortunately, many of the intellectual parts of the book were sacrificed for unnecessary action shots. I would give it three stars out of five.

June Dean   May 15th, 2009 9:33 pm ET

I saw Angels and Demons today and loved it. It was beautifully filmed and all the actors were great. Congratulations on another terrific film.

LINDA DONIKIAN   May 15th, 2009 9:34 pm ET

I just saw the movie Angels & Demons but they left out some good parts like Langdon going in the helicopter with the Carmelengo, Or why the Carmelngo did what he did. Want to know why

ree   May 15th, 2009 9:34 pm ET

i saw angels and demons this afternoon, i was disapointed by it. there were alot of omissions. what happend to the reporter and camerawoman characters and the head of cern. i thought that the fact that the scientist that was killed was vittoria father was integral to her being present.

alan   May 15th, 2009 9:34 pm ET

I really enjoy both Tom Hanks and Ron Howards Movies. In particuler being a space nut I enjoy space related movies and mini series they have done. I thank them both for supporting the space program. Will they be working together on the Matt Mason project ? And do you have any other space related projects in the works.

John O   May 15th, 2009 9:35 pm ET

This question is to Tom. I wanted to ask, How did it feel like playing Robert Langdon and out of the whole movie, what was the best scene for you?

Sincerely
A great fan

gary simmons   May 15th, 2009 9:35 pm ET

I just saw this movie today and it is, in my opinion, the best works of Tom Hanks and Ron Howard, to date. The plot is excellent and the intensity of the movie runs high throughout the entire drama. I look forward to a sequel and as an individual raised in the Christian faith, I did not find any part of the movie offensive.

Dodie ~ California   May 15th, 2009 9:37 pm ET

@ Ron Howard.

Moving from being an actor to being a director was a wonderful experience to watch. You found your niche! You are a very gifted director. I will watch any movie that you direct!

Congratulations on your new movie.

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 9:37 pm ET

The church is ridiculous to be against this movie. The only negative things said about the church in this book are the things already documented by history.

Fran   May 15th, 2009 9:38 pm ET

Can't wait to see the movie. Read "The DeVinci Code" saw the movie and was not disappointed. Just finished reading " Angels and Demons and with Ron Howard and Tom Hanks, I know they are so talented I know I'll enjoy this just as much.
Note: loved the Green Mile and read the book as well and never seem to be disappointed.
Keep doing great movies. It's good for people to think and by the way – I am a Christian and I didn't find anything offensive about it. Just shows that people are human and some are not as perfect as we think they may be plus loved the twist and turns. Brilliant

Don Saviano   May 15th, 2009 9:40 pm ET

Just came back from seeing the movie and we enjoyed it very much!
My question to you,did at any time during filming of the movie were
your personal beliefs in God affected?

Sue Forte   May 15th, 2009 9:40 pm ET

Dear Ron and Tom:

You both brought a good book to the screen. I enjoy Dan Brown's charachter, Robert Langdon. The end is a bit of a strech of believabiliy, but the book was written that way. I still love what you did to bring Langdon's character to life.

Do you know if Dan Brown is or has been working on another book with Robert Langdon character?

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 9:40 pm ET

Actually the church and certainly Italian tourism will benefit from this film. They are already offering Angels & Demons tours.

charles douglas   May 15th, 2009 9:41 pm ET

Larry could you please ask tom if he has a twitter page or not cause if so i would very much like to add him.i think he always has some real interesting things to say and very smart,he makes you think and that's
a great thing right! cheers

Adam   May 15th, 2009 9:41 pm ET

Ron, will there be an Arrested Development movie?

Emile D.   May 15th, 2009 9:41 pm ET

Hey Larry,
You're always so objective and unbiased it's hard to tell if you're a religious person; Are you?

Trish   May 15th, 2009 9:42 pm ET

Snuck out of work to catch the movie today...thought it was a fantastic adaptation of the book! Great and exciting film.....one question...the "hassasin" seemed far more of a professional in the film and less dark than the book's version....any comment on this character portrayal? Love the actors...love the directors...worth missing work!

StakS   May 15th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

Tom Hanks is a God! He is one of the finest actors in the industry, the man should not have to go and defend his character, it is a movie and he is playing a character. The fact that he is undergoing such critisism just goes to illustrate his ability of character development. If you ask me, somebody should create a Tom Hanks statue so we can salute him with the highest authority of respect.

Lisa   May 15th, 2009 9:47 pm ET

The DaVinci code was great and, therefore, I can't wait to see the movie, Angels & Demons! Thanks for inspiring people to become more knowledgeable about such topics offered in the stories.

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 9:49 pm ET

Trish, It has been years since I read the book ,but I think you are right about the "Hassassin," he was darker and had a much more important part in the novel.

Paula, Nova Scotia   May 15th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

Hey Larry:

I was looking forward to seeing Tom jump out of the helicopter! What happened? lol

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 9:51 pm ET

Paula, Nova Scotia, As I recall that was a pretty exciting part of the book! I missed it as well.

pavit brar   May 15th, 2009 9:52 pm ET

Hi Larry
My name is Pavit Brar from mississauga, ontario canada and i am a huge fan of your show.
My question is posed to one of my favourite actors Tom Hanks.
Hi tom i was wondering how was this role different than that of the Da Vinci Code for you (other than the hair 🙂 Also towards Ron, was it hard to get the scenes of the conclave and the churches when they people know what the movie is about. Loved it

Pavit

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

I hope these Dan Brown movies get people more interested in art history and its conection to religion and poltics. It is totally fascinating and often stranger than fiction.

Swift   May 15th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

I agree with StakS comment, he obviously is has skills in understanding the role of cinema and entertainment, and totally agree that Tom Hanks should have a statue made out of platnium.

And Larry, Obama isn't part of the illumanti, but part of the masonic society.

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 9:57 pm ET

I can't agree with Tom about Obama.

Ghost   May 15th, 2009 9:59 pm ET

Ron Howard has a BIG imagination, and I love his movies. Oh Yeah I got massage for that one on the back. The nortorious brain massage!!! Power to the People. Who want what food in the fridge, i'm going to go out and cause some trouble tonight! Ayelet Zuber is very sexy, she's on my team!

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 10:00 pm ET

I think the next Langdon adventure is supposed to be in Washington D.C. and have something to do with the Masons.

Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio   May 15th, 2009 10:01 pm ET

I'm a republican sick duck, and very un-educated. I should shoot myself in the head.

Ghost   May 15th, 2009 10:02 pm ET

I got a burner you could use Jo Ann, but I don't promote suicide ideation, you should seek immediate help if your feeling suicidal.

Dodie ~ California   May 15th, 2009 11:06 pm ET

Ah!!! Jo Ann! For once I completely agree with you!

Michelle   May 16th, 2009 12:31 am ET

I just saw Angels and Demons tonight and would recommend it to anyone. It was a GREAT movie! I would definitely see it again!

roxy   May 16th, 2009 12:34 am ET

My husband is a particle physicist. We are anxious to watch the movie and see how the world of physics is portrayed.

Michael S   May 16th, 2009 5:59 am ET

Tom and Ron's opionins of Obama are right on. Nice to hear someone prasing him for a change.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter