CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 10, 2009

Sunday: Sherri Shepherd!

Posted: 07:33 PM ET

Larry goes one-on-one with Sherri Shepherd! Politics and pop culture are scrutinized, skewered and subjected to laughs when one of daytime's funniest hosts stays out after dark!

Plus, Larry talks with Kate Gosselin of 'Jon & Kate plus 8' concerning the allegations that her husband Jon cheated.

Filed under: Larry King Live

Katerina Korovesis   May 10th, 2009 9:13 pm ET

Hi Kate! Happy Mother's Day! When the show first aired and until now, do you have people come up to you like paparazzi when they see you or John out in public? If so, how do you deal with it?

vangi   May 10th, 2009 9:16 pm ET

Am currently listening to Kate and love her 'transparency' that we hear about so often.....they have a unique, beautiful, Christian family, and I pray they will continue to seek God's guidance in their investing in the twins plus six. Congrats to you too, Larry. Your program airs lots of different subjects constantly, and it has become a fixture in our lives. Thank you.

Georgia Peachtree   May 10th, 2009 9:35 pm ET

Kate, love your show. You and Jon are doing a great job in raising the children. Just be strong in your faith. Keep communication open at all times. I have two children and been married 30 years, you do have to work at it. Happy Mother's Day. thank you

Emmanuel   May 10th, 2009 9:42 pm ET

Sherri, you are amazing! I'm glad to see that you are proud to be a christian, a Jesus baby! Keep shining and have a happy mothers day. Larry, I guess you can learn a thing or two from Sherri....lol

Maureen   May 10th, 2009 9:53 pm ET

Happy Mothers Day Kate. I hope you and Jon can get past this mess. Be strong like you always are. I have always taken your side when people make nasty comments about you,. I am mom to 3 and sometimes when they were small I forgot what my name was. Take care/

Tania   May 10th, 2009 10:54 pm ET

Happy Mother's Day Kate. I have been catching up on your interviews both from Larry King and the Today show. I think that it is great that you can come out and refute what is happening. I have never believed the rumors that have been flying around. As you said in your interview your show truely is an inspiration to many people for many different reasons. Stay strong and keep fighting, I faith that you and Jon will make it through. I am so excited that you both decided to do season five and I look forward to the episodes ahead! Take care.

Shelly in Canada   May 10th, 2009 11:45 pm ET

If Jon did not cheat and everything being said is a lie, why isn't the overbearing Kate, threatening to sue everyone in her wrath?

Perhaps because Jon wanted someone to finally say something nice to him, rather then being treated like Kates errand boy.
Afterall, who could really blame the poor guy, for cheating.

It certainly is nice to see Kate finally behave civil on Larry Ling. Though she did talk over Larry many times. I guess she just can't help herself.

Serena Paige   May 11th, 2009 1:14 am ET

First of all, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY KATE. I grew up in a family of 8 children and I know something about what it takes on a daily basis. Not that the world is going to change any time soon, but wouldn't it be a nice if people just let other people live their lives the best way they know how and didn't feel compelled to criticize. Let's get honest, most of those hurling the criticisms would have made the same decision you both did if they had been offered an opportunity to make a good living while still being home most days to raise their children. Also, not all forms of parenting are identical – give your heads a shake – on any given block people are free to raise their children as they see fit. I hope the public will just allow you both the same right. There are pressures in all "jobs" and I hope you both make it through this present crisis, remember the good parts of your "job" and keep moving forward raising your kids the best way you can. God Bless.

Kate Overland   May 11th, 2009 1:43 am ET

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY KATE!!! I am so sorry that your family has to go through this. You and Jon are wonderful parents and I really hope that the two of you are able to deal with this and come out of this experience closer and wiser. All things happen for a reason and sometimes it is hard to understand why they have to happen, but God is always teaching us. The most important thing in all of this is that your children are well taken care of which there is no doubt that the TWO of you are doing. You and your husband and your 8 children deserve to have a wonderful life and I hope that even under the spot light that you are all able to do that. I wish you and Jon all the best and I pray everyday that the two of you are able to work through this together! You are both inspiring and I watch your show for tips on parenting and also on marriage. The everyday stresses of having children and being married on top of life stresses can sometimes be too much and I can't imagine doing that on camera, so I hope that both of you realize that you are doing a wonderful job and this too shall pass!! God Bless You Kate, Jon, and your 8 wonderful kids.

Sasha   May 11th, 2009 1:46 am ET

I'm 24 and no way any one can't tell me that Jon’s not cheating why he has a 23 yr old woman as friend and sleeping out at her house; he as a home 8 kids and a wife he is not in high school to be sleeping out without his wife what he thinks people doesn't know signs of cheating; Ms Wife needs to open her eyes and see what happening. That’s my OP Anyway I love u guys.

Sandie Belcher   May 11th, 2009 1:58 am ET

Well I just hope that this is a wake up call for Kate! Maybe this is God's way of letting you know that you need to respect your husband more . I hope and pray Jon did not cheat, I have been hurt by a cheating spouse and I knw its no picnic to get over.
I really think it is God's grace for you both to see how you treat one another and offer you both another chance to make your marriage wor. Jon is a good man and a loving father, you can he how much his kids mean to him. Give him some room to be the Head of his house, kate@@ thats where intended for him to be .He answers to God and you to him. Love him and respect him.

Evelyn   May 11th, 2009 2:07 am ET

Sherri,,,I guess you just weren't listening when Miss CA answered the question re same sex marriage in this country. She obviously didn't know that it is illegal in most states. Whether or not she approved or disapproved is purely of no consequence, the question dealt with the legality, and she did not know that her own state had rejected the issue at the last election.

Janske   May 11th, 2009 3:26 am ET

Happy Mother's day, Kate and Happy Birthday to your adorable children! I admire you and wish you all God's blessing as you seek to raise your children to His honor and glory. I hope that you and Jon will overcome all this nasty pubilcity and go on with your life together. I think you both do a remarkable job raising your children. I only have 4 and found that difficult enough at times. I hope that I may see your children grow up, I enjoy your show very much!
Take care of each other!

Michelle Laneave   May 11th, 2009 4:54 pm ET

It"s really sad, if anything, that people cling to this type of news. The girl "supposedly" involved in the affair even said her brother is lying, as far as where the pictures came from...i'm not sure. I feel bad for the kids, because they are innocent either way...and they look for their parents to keep the family together...and I believe that should be the main focus. I feel bad for Kate as well, she might not be as kind as some think she could be to John...but, like most of us, she cracks under pressure. I truly believe she loves him and her kids. Guess what, folks? She's HUMAN! If they did a show on me and my mother, they would say we needed a Dr. Phil intervention.

I also don't understand how Jane Velez Mitchell can say "How can she write a book on family values and God if this is the real story?" Again, Kate is standing by her husband. Even if she KNEW about this from the beginning, why would she stop writing about the beauty of her family and create more choas and hurt by not finishing the book to give her kids a good memory? Like my sister said "Even people with Faith are tempted" If her and Jon do have a genuine struggle right now, then they need God's help and our PRAYERS. They did this show in the beginning to give people an inside look, and it helped people believe they too can survive. I don't condone the "affair", but also want to let it fade from the limelight so the family can heal and work toward moving on. If it did happen, and it ends in divorce...how is that good for anyone involved? The show will be cancelled, leaving 8 beautiful children who are loved by the world heart broken, torn, and confused. Yes. That's exactly what we should want for the Gosselin's.

Get some compassion, America!

jan   May 11th, 2009 9:47 pm ET

I was dissapointed in Kates interview. I have felt since watching te show that Kate does not give Jon the credit he deserves as a father as well she tears him down and his self esteem is nil. He is a good father and my heart goes out to him. Kate you need to call an end to the show and give your entire family their lives back. You might not get all the perks that the show provides, but if it's not to late perhaps you can salvage your marriage for the sake of your beautiful children.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter