CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

April 23, 2009

Thursday's LKL: Beyonce and Dane Cook!

Posted: 05:49 PM ET

lkl-beyonce-frame-grab1Tonight, Larry talks to Beyonce and Dane Cook! First up, singer, actress - and now action star - Beyonce.   Her career takes a dramatic turn with her new movie “Obsession,” and
she's telling Larry all about it!

Then, a Larry King Live Exclusive.   Comedian Dane Cook on his half-brother, who is accused of stealing millions of dollars of Cook's earnings.  Dane Cook is talking only to Larry.

Please:

1) Stay on topic.
2) Keep it short
3) No curse words

4) No links

5) Use a name (no initials or screen names)

Filed under: Larry King Live

Doris Hopkins   April 23rd, 2009 6:35 pm ET

Please invite the CEO of Chase Bank to Larry King Show, because they did not require a bail out from the Feds. They just keep getting better and better in the midst of so much chaos with a lot of other mainstream banks. Their slogan is "Chase what matters", and their service just gets better and better.
You had Ford CEO on, so why not someone else who is a giant in the banking, and credit card and auto financing, etc.
This is a good idea and could help many people to see that there are people and companies out there who are keeping their heads and apparently have been for quite some time.
Not everyone or all businesses or states need help from the Feds.

mike lazar   April 23rd, 2009 6:41 pm ET

Want nothing but the best for Jay Leno, but lets not go on and on about what you think's the medical problem. Move on and do the show. The intended show.

Thanks.

Iredia Olaye   April 23rd, 2009 7:04 pm ET

I am very excited to see Beyonce on Larry King. She is a role model forn us teens. She is elegant and is respectful. She uses her talent to make a diffrence like in the Barack Obama Campaign. I just want to let Beyonce know that she is doing a great job and that we love her!

Dodie - Irvine California   April 23rd, 2009 7:04 pm ET

I have no comment on Beyonce and Dane Cook......

Meghan McCain: said...I wish Karl Rove would go away.

Meghan…. ((( AND SO DO I ))) He is not only creepy, he is one of the reasons we are in this mess.

My recommendation: Karl Rove just leave with your billions that you stole from the tax-payers and never come back.

Mari, Utah   April 23rd, 2009 8:02 pm ET

@ Dodie – Irvine CA.......... Ditto for me!! Agreed!

Andrea Sunsarey   April 23rd, 2009 8:58 pm ET

Beyonce' is not a role model for our youth!

She is very pretty, talented, and driven. But, I beg to differ on how much of a role model she is. We need to provide better role models for our youth. How is popping your privacy demonstrating reputable traits for adolescents and children today? I would like to ask Beyonce' whether she takes social responsibility for the content of her lyrics, the overly revealing clothing that she often wears, and the type of dancing that she does in her videos. At this point B...has great star power and I wish she would think long and hard about how she as an artist inspires young girls. Does Beyonce' want to inspire them to pop their hips or open their books, nurture their spirits, and pursue their purpose?

Beyonce' has achieved much and it takes tenacity to do so, but I think that many other artists deserve more attention and playtime...like India Arie, Alicia Keys, Jill Scott, Lisa McClendon, and a host of others who take more responsibility for how their stardom will affect their fans...especially when they are largely underage.

I was appalled that she was given so much visibility at the Inaugural events. All it takes in our country is to be pretty, shapely, and "surface" to make it to such a prestigious/significant event. I THINK NOT! There is no reason that she should have been chosen to sing the first song that our President and his wife danced to while simultaneously being on T.V. in a bodysuit popping! Let's demand more as parents, educators, and average citizens!

Tracy Detlor   April 23rd, 2009 9:01 pm ET

Hello Larry!! Excited you have a twitter now! I'm following you, my name on there is tracy_detlor. I am the biggest Dane Cook Fan there is. My friends and I on twitter were all wondering if Dane was married or had a girlfriend. Also, I just wanted him to know that a couple months ago he made a chat on tinychat and we have been talking there ever since. We are the ultimate Dane Cook fans and he has brought us all together and we are great friends! By the way, I know I sound like a dork but I don't care lol. Thank you soo much!!!

M   April 23rd, 2009 9:08 pm ET

Get over your jealousy Andrea..Beyonce is a wonderful role model and was a very welcome presence during the inauguration events..Is that you Etta?

🙂

Lizzy   April 23rd, 2009 9:11 pm ET

Beyonce is a beautiful woman...inside and out. Very poised, very polished. She is a fabulous role model for our young girls today, when some celebrities certainly are not.

Lizzy   April 23rd, 2009 9:11 pm ET

Sally Corey   April 23rd, 2009 9:12 pm ET

Larry, how about the Glenn Miller version of "At Last" as sung beautifully by Lynn Bari and Bob Eberle in the early 40's film? So lovely... And so is Beyonce!

Dee Edey   April 23rd, 2009 9:13 pm ET

Larry,

Jimmy Dorsey's recording in 1957 was "So Rare," not "At Last."

Both are great songs .

kadi   April 23rd, 2009 9:13 pm ET

i love love love her don't ever stop you are the best

Barry I. Grauman   April 23rd, 2009 9:14 pm ET

Glenn Miller originally introduced "At Last" in his 1942 movie "Orchestra Wives", and had the original hit recording; if Jimmy Dorsey had another hit version, I haven't heard of it (and certainly not in 1958, as he passed away the previous year). Etta James recorded her version for Chess in 1960, which Beyonce recreated in her recent film, "Cadillac Records". Just thought you'd like to know....

Olajitan   April 23rd, 2009 9:14 pm ET

Stick to singing, rather than acting.

Somme'   April 23rd, 2009 9:15 pm ET

Beyonce' is not only a great singer but a great person.I got her album yesterday for my birthday. CONGRATS Sasha and Beyonce' !!!!!!!

Soni Armstrong   April 23rd, 2009 9:16 pm ET

Hi Beyonce,
My name is Soni Armstrong from Boston.
I want to ask you. Have you ever been a victim of rasicim, and how have you handled it?

A. Riese   April 23rd, 2009 9:17 pm ET

I have a question concerning the movie "Obsessed" : Is this similar to the movie: Fatal Attraction with Michael Douglas and Glenn Close?

Michelle Robinson   April 23rd, 2009 9:18 pm ET

Beyonce, How do you feel about people saying you're over exposed?

Sally Corey   April 23rd, 2009 9:18 pm ET

PS I just learned Pat Friday was actually singing while Lynn Bari acted out the song "At Last" in the Glenn Miller movie "Orchestra Wives."

Bill McKinlay   April 23rd, 2009 9:19 pm ET

At Last was written by Mack Gordon and Harry Warren for the 1942 film Orchestra Wives – Glenn Miller's Orchestra was the Orchestra, and Ray Eberle had a hit with it. It was #14 on the Hit Parade. But it was I Got a Gal in Kalamazoo that was nominated for the Academy Award Best Song

Eberle sang with Dorsey, but it was with Miller that he had the hit. Jackie Gleason, Dale Evans, and Harry Morgan were in it as well.

Etta James didn't record it until nearly 20 years later, in 1960

Guy Giampapa   April 23rd, 2009 9:20 pm ET

Larry said the song "At Last " was a Jimmy Dorsey song played in 1958. It was first used in the Glenn Miller movie "Orchestra Wives" in 1942.

Mike K   April 23rd, 2009 9:20 pm ET

At Last was first recorded by Glen Miller and then by Nat King Cole, and then by Etta James. Larry King stated on his show on 4/23/09 that it was Tommy Dorsey this is incorrect

Keith Fraser   April 23rd, 2009 9:22 pm ET

Dear Larry, the most favorite recording of "At Last" was by Glen Miller in the movie "Orchestra Wives" in 1942. The singers were Pat Friday, a contract singer for the 20th Century Fox studio ( who got paid peanuts) and Ray Eberle. Keep up the good work. Keith Fraser

Brenda J   April 23rd, 2009 9:22 pm ET

I think Beyonce is just so original and sweet looking girl. I wish my sister (a before born baby boomer) was still here to see both her movies.

Antoinette   April 23rd, 2009 9:22 pm ET

Beyonce is an absolutely beautiful woman – inside out! I wish her all the success in the world! She's just lovely!

Gloria   April 23rd, 2009 9:24 pm ET

I adore Beyonce. She is a wonderful example of a young, intelligent and focused woman. The way she conducts herself in the media has always been an encouraging model for others to follow. I was truly impressed on her poise and maturity during your interview. Unlike so many others who have this Diva untouchable complex, she is the complete opposite. With her contagious smile and warm demeanor she will always radiate beauty wherever she goes. Go Beyounce! God bless you and Jay.

Lupe   April 23rd, 2009 9:25 pm ET

Beyonce is amazing and Wonderful.. Love you

Tiffany   April 23rd, 2009 9:25 pm ET

You are a great performer. Keep doing what you're doing.

Alina   April 23rd, 2009 9:25 pm ET

I love Beyonce! Her voice really touches me to tears. Alina

Mark Parrilla   April 23rd, 2009 9:25 pm ET

Beyonce, I am a father of a 21 year daughter and I am glad she had a role model like you to look up to as a parent I thank you! xoxo

cherie   April 23rd, 2009 9:26 pm ET

you are such a good actress and singer and i love ur show!!! yay!

FRANCES   April 23rd, 2009 9:26 pm ET

Beyonce keep doing what you are doing.Have you ever thought about doing a gosple cd.

Lamar   April 23rd, 2009 9:26 pm ET

Beyonce I Love You, You Inspire Me To Be Better.

Tiayana   April 23rd, 2009 9:26 pm ET

I love you B....keep up the good work..you are my role model..Cant wait til you come to Atlanta,Ga
Luv ya

heather   April 23rd, 2009 9:26 pm ET

beyonce is such a beautiful women inside n out ......i cant wait to see her new movie.......much love

Sheila   April 23rd, 2009 9:28 pm ET

What a beautiful young lady. Beyonce is as beautiful inside as she is outside. I have been so very impress with the way she has responded to all of Larry's questions.

Crystal2468   April 23rd, 2009 9:28 pm ET

I love you Beyonce and I love your new album!

B. French   April 23rd, 2009 9:28 pm ET

My partner and I played your version of Ave Maria at our recent ceremony, thank you for that beautiful song!!

Dioni   April 23rd, 2009 9:28 pm ET

Andrea, she has worked hard for this please stop hating. Beyonce is a great role model, she can sing, dance, act and is soo grounded and humble. Is that not inspirational?..her lyrics are the story of every woman.

Deal with it. Shes here to stay.

Sharon   April 23rd, 2009 9:28 pm ET

hi larry:
beyonce is a beautiful woman! i hope she continues
to succeed in the entertainment industry as well a person.
i plan to see her movie. just curious how they came up
with the sharon namesake?! thanks. ~ sharon

Michelle Robinson   April 23rd, 2009 9:28 pm ET

It's annoying because people act like she can do no wrong. Yes, she is talented, but what about Alicia Keys, India Arie, Jill Scott – -none of these talented people ever get enough credit. Beyonce's father has put her in the light and forgot about the rest of her group memebers. wouldn't want to be a part of a group and the lead memember's father is in charge. Overrated!

Percy and Marilyn   April 23rd, 2009 9:29 pm ET

You're our number one entertainer and person. We love you!!

ruben   April 23rd, 2009 9:31 pm ET

beyonce is the ultimate entertainer! she has the total package. she is the most marketable celebrity since Michael Jackson.

Tray   April 23rd, 2009 9:31 pm ET

Beyonce, i love your song Me, Myself and I

chico   April 23rd, 2009 9:31 pm ET

she is a GIFT FROM GOOD

LaShawn   April 23rd, 2009 9:31 pm ET

Beyonce is my rolemodel. She is an icon to young women and teens like me today. Beyonce, you are the greatest!

Crystal2468   April 23rd, 2009 9:32 pm ET

I like M Jackson too!!! We do have something in common!

Dodie from Irvine, CA   April 23rd, 2009 9:32 pm ET

steve ((( lol ))

KamilahSKB   April 23rd, 2009 9:33 pm ET

Beyonce is A Great Role Model!

Dan   April 23rd, 2009 9:33 pm ET

Great Show

Andrea Sunsarey   April 23rd, 2009 9:33 pm ET

M...never jealous. I've attained what I have been "called" to and I am pursuing destiny. I am fully educated and positively impact most people that I come in contact with. I am constantly aware of the ways in which my actions or inaction affects those around, especially young people. Michelle Obama...should never have said that she wants her daughters to look up to Beyonce'...for what? They should look up to their mom and grandmother!

She is beautiful and gifted, but I beg to differ if she has used her gifts as she was "called" to. We need to be more discerning as a society and increase our standards or we will continue to see and "dumming down" of our youth and our standards will continue to decline.

What makes her so great? That she can sing, dance, and "is fly"? Beyonce' is beautiful, appears to have a decent spirit...but I challenge her to think long and hard about her lyrics, the content in her videos (how bout the panties she wears and the marijuana smoke not long ago in the Soldier video), and what she wears....and lastly how all the aforementioned affects her fan base....which is largely the youth!

Karla   April 23rd, 2009 9:35 pm ET

Love the Beyonce Interview,
Thanks for having her on!

Curtis Thomas   April 23rd, 2009 9:35 pm ET

Beyonce I just want to wish you goodluck with your acting career and you have been a great inspiration to all of your fans.

XE   April 23rd, 2009 9:36 pm ET

I hope the best for her and to continue to do what she loves, I love to watch her on stage.

Manny   April 23rd, 2009 9:37 pm ET

That was a great Beyonce interview. I did not know she was so articulate and that her disposition was so calm and inviting. I knew she was special, but now I love her. Thanks Larry!

Kimmie-Shoes   April 23rd, 2009 9:39 pm ET

Hey Larry, Love the show. I just wanted to say I LOVE DANE COOK.Hes Helped me through alot. Im having health problems right now, but even as I'm looking some serious surgery in the face, all I have to do is listen to him and i forgot if only for a minute that I'm not healthy. Su-Fi!!!!

donnie   April 23rd, 2009 9:41 pm ET

what a REFRESHING interview, compared to last nights! what a difference..god bless Beyonce...ps I am a pvt. person too...do not know how she pulled off her weddinf, but she did..a class act !..

andrea ybarra   April 23rd, 2009 9:42 pm ET

Who have you been most embarassed in front of when telling a bad joke?

george Schaefer   April 23rd, 2009 9:42 pm ET

Dane. Got a new twitter name for you: Daniac
Thats free. Next one is gonna cost you. Love your humor.

Heidi Hardesty   April 23rd, 2009 9:44 pm ET

Would you ever learn sign language Dane?

rebecca   April 23rd, 2009 9:46 pm ET

Never have I referred to my brothers as half-brothers. And, they are. But, brothers are brothers. Sisters are sisters. Not half and not step. Dane Cook should be ashamed.

Andrea Sunsarey   April 23rd, 2009 9:47 pm ET

Lupe...you are absolutely right Britney is not a role model...but she also was not chosen to sing for the President. I will continue to be adamant about demanding more from ALL of our artists and in bringing more awareness to our youth so that they can critically listen to the music that floods the radio stations and the videos that are shown on BET and MTV.

From the comments on this blog, it appears that many of our standards are not that high. Just because Beyonce' does not behave as Britney or because she is composed and professional in interviews does not exclude her from taking more social responsibility on stage. That is what I am saying and I will continue to keep it real.

Demand more and your will receive more...

Dodie from Irvine, CA   April 23rd, 2009 9:47 pm ET

What Andrea said is very pertinent! The most deadly of all cancers (inflammatory cancer) attacks women from age 18 to 40. No survivors – 100% death. Young women need to have exams.

Louise Roderman   April 23rd, 2009 9:50 pm ET

Larry, are you so hard up for someone to appear on your program that you have to "entertain" with a dirty minded, filthy mouth such as Dane Cook? Don't you preview your "spots" before you show them? Well, I've switched to watch something else, so go ahead and let him smut your show. I just called two of the girls from work, and they were shocked that you'd let something like that show on your show also and one of them has switched to watch something else, also. - I'm not a religious fanatic, but I won't deliberately sit and watch my God be dishonored by a smut mouth like Mr. Cook.

Ann Kuhlman   April 23rd, 2009 9:50 pm ET

Beyoncee – Yes! I loved her. I think she is so mature at her age.

Dane Cook – So No, No, No! The guy will say anything to get coverage. To say what he said about our very capable effective president, who handled the worse attacks during his campaign, that President Obama is sitting in the oval office with his head in his hands and going to commit suicide! Sick, ridiculous and so opposite of humorous I hope people ban him until he apologizes.

And Dane Cook has other problems? I think we know why. I turned you off so fast that I probably will never know what they are. I am sorry you are having him on.

Dodie from Irvine, CA   April 23rd, 2009 9:51 pm ET

OMG ANOTHER 11 YEAR COMMITTED SUICIDE BECAUSE OF BEING TEASED IN SCHOOL!! Now that is noteworthy and extremely sad. It shows that the news can be as dangerous as helpful. This second 11 year old probably heard the other 11 year old kill himself and might have felt that is the only way out.

How very sad 🙁

Norman Joyner   April 23rd, 2009 9:54 pm ET

I watch CNN but was disappointed regarding Dane Cooks short snip of his act. You can blip out certain words but using God's name the way he did should have also been blipped. Why not? I found this very offensive. So am have just changed channels.

Jim Freisinger   April 23rd, 2009 9:55 pm ET

Talking with Beyonce about the song "At Last" you mentioned a hit by Jimmy Dorsey in 1957. Beyonce never heard it and either did I.I saw the movie "Orchestra Wives " in 1941. At Last was written by Mack Gordon and Harry Warren..played by Glenn Miller. for that movie.That was a hit!
Jim Freisinger

andrea ybarra   April 23rd, 2009 9:55 pm ET

Louise....you obviously don't know anything about Dane Cook....who was raised a Catholic.

linda wilsen   April 23rd, 2009 9:57 pm ET

Stick to your opinion Andrea, everyone has that right!

Ora   April 23rd, 2009 9:58 pm ET

I think Beyonce' was very articulate and very respectful and I admire the fact that she and Jay-Z were able to keep their private lives private for all of these years. She nor him have ever been talked about negatively in the tabloids and that is to be commended. She is a definite role model for young girls and I look forward to seeing her new movie Obsessed.

Mario   April 23rd, 2009 9:59 pm ET

Dane, you're the man, greetings from El Salvador!

linda wilsen   April 23rd, 2009 9:59 pm ET

Who is Dane's new lady?

Eclectic Bliss   April 23rd, 2009 10:00 pm ET

Diggin' the suit Dane 😉

Sally Corey   April 23rd, 2009 10:00 pm ET

When are schools going to take a stand on bullying, and when are the parents of bullies going to stop enabling, ignoring, or even encouraging their resident bullies? Do they consider their kids their avengers?

Dylan   April 23rd, 2009 10:01 pm ET

Dane you rock man!

Tracy Detlor   April 23rd, 2009 10:06 pm ET

I heart Dane!!!! He has helped me through some really rough times! I wish he knew how much he means to me and everyone else!!! You have helped way more then you could ever imagine... I cannot thank you enough.. Love ya!

Gabi Patel   April 24th, 2009 12:08 am ET

Keep up the great work! You are awesome~!

Shahid   April 24th, 2009 12:12 am ET

Your interview of Beyonce this evening was excellent. She is one of the most inspiring and sincere persons in the media today.

erica easley   April 24th, 2009 12:15 am ET

your so amazing and beautiful. been a fan since you and destinys child performed at my high school centennial in compton, ca in 97/98 with jagged edge. your so kind and humble. you just get better and better w/ everything you do. i love you so much

angela   April 24th, 2009 12:19 am ET

her music just has no ,elody at all, it is robotic, as far as supporting her friend, no I dont think so, wait till she gets beat up again.

shelia   April 24th, 2009 12:21 am ET

I hate Beyonce, her dad only wanted to put her in the spotlight and now she got it. The only thing that she lacks now is getting an Oscar and I hope they never give her one. I want to know if Kelly was her sister and she loves her so , then why is she not helping her out? Its all about "B". There are far more better artist than her and lets be real that girl can not act. I will not waste my time going seeing that movie. They could have got Angela basett to play that part in the movie. I wonder how much did her dad pay for her to get that movie role???? He was the manager of Kelly Rowland and the girl will be known as a one hit wonder because he did not care about her, he knew that Beyonce could not make it as a solo artist so he use the other girls and after 4 albums later she dumped the group, but that was the plan all alone.

angela   April 24th, 2009 12:23 am ET

i really wish you would get back to devoting the entire show to one matter of social interest instead of all these mini celeb interviews that are so boring. are you turning into a tabloid format or what? i think everyday people have more intersting stories than all this weary celeb crap.

DJ   April 24th, 2009 12:24 am ET

I love you Beyonce !! You have great talent and i can't wait to go and see your movie tomorrow. Keep up the great work and God Bless You !!

kadijah   April 24th, 2009 12:25 am ET

beyonce i love u are a very chic and very talented i wish u the best acting career

Gord McCullough   April 24th, 2009 12:26 am ET

My first intoduction to Beyonce was during a movie with Cuba Gooding . She was a the new singer for a choir. That song blew me away and I've been a huge fan ever since. What an amazing woman.

angela   April 24th, 2009 12:26 am ET

Celebs are not suppose to buddy up to the First Family, it is highly inappropriate. Whewn Beyonce starts talking about Mrs. Obama, I just cringe cring cringe. Never in history.

osama   April 24th, 2009 12:29 am ET

beyonce says she hopes racism will end in a few years, but yet she marries an african-american. why not marry outside your race since you are of mixed ancestry, are you racist?

Alex   April 24th, 2009 12:43 am ET

Hi Larry,
I have a question for Dane.
In light of him being robbed, what does Dane have to say about the allegations against him stealing other comedians' material?

janette tx   April 24th, 2009 2:24 am ET

Andrea S
You must have been constipated for sometime the way
you LET LOOSEon Beyonce.She didn't ask to be anyones
role model.But she 's damn sure a better pic than nasty
trampy freaky Madonna.!!!!

cheri linco   April 24th, 2009 2:43 am ET

I want to comment on Bristol Palin's boyfriend. My feeling is that you are looking at the wrong forum to speak up about your newly acquired 'father' status. Have you and Bristol taken any parenting classes? Why aren't you paying any child support? Aren't you working? Yet Bristol is working and back at school? What do you do with yourself then to pass away your day? Why aren't you and Bristol getting married? Why are you on Larry's show looking for 15 min of fame? Aren't you stirring up trouble ?

deashley   April 24th, 2009 3:25 am ET

I am 24 and married and you are my idol I Love you

Madeleine   April 24th, 2009 3:29 am ET

Beyonce, you are beautiful, inside and out, let your light shine always...

dolores   April 24th, 2009 4:27 am ET

Jay Leno,,you are a sweetheart..but your diet is horrible..you do not eat fruits & veggies ? only pasta? no wonder you're ill....get an excellent dietician & nutritionist...yu'll be bk soon love you !,,,

Mariam   April 24th, 2009 5:29 am ET

Hi Larry,

I appreciated your show with Beyoncé today! I hardly miss the Larry King Show! Love you Larry.

Thank you Beyoncé for coming to the show. I am a great fan!

My 5-year-old daughter love your song and clip "Single Ladies"! Too bad she can't break it like you! Anyway, thank you for being yourself and good luck with your tour!

Love and respect,
Mariam.
Vienna, Austria

biola   April 24th, 2009 5:32 am ET

I love you Beyonce and i am one of those who cant wait to be like yo,keep up the good work. u are the best.

Sunbin   April 24th, 2009 5:46 am ET

Dane Cook is good. With him you can still hear some laughter.

Abisoye Kunle   April 24th, 2009 6:02 am ET

Dane,

I love your comedy, but you need to improve on your global jokes, especailly on global leaders and issues.....wish you luck

Abisoye Kunle

PriG   April 24th, 2009 8:23 am ET

Hi Larry. I believe fascination should end where it starts or else it becomes an obsession. Tomorrow is 25th april, Al Pacino's birthday. Larry, what I am asking is a strange thing I know but you know what, I just 16 and a half years old and that guy is 69. Can you help me contact him? I am not a half-crazed maniac or a leukemia patient who'll die in six months. I am a normal person and I asking you for a favor. Look, I don't need tickets to Hollywood, I just need to contact him. Paul Newman's death rattled me and I have a crippling fear that I won't be able to contact AP either. Can you get AP on the show please?

Larry, sometimes we need divine intervention and I'm asking you to play God for me. I hope you will consider this. I could have been on a blog site but I don't blo well you know.
Regards, PriG. A daily 'show watcher'.

Tonisha Fortune   April 24th, 2009 12:31 pm ET

I can't wait to watch. I love you, Larry King. You are one of the greatest!

oliver ison catolos   April 24th, 2009 1:20 pm ET

I would rather be irreplaceable while dancing with the wolves like Larry King... and it's Beyonce my Ultimate Imagination....

chuck southcott   April 24th, 2009 3:48 pm ET

In reference to "At Last", Larry incorrectly stated that Jimmy Dorsey had a hit with the song. He was thinking of Dorsey's no. 1 recording of "So Rare" in 1957. Oddly enough, the first two notes of each song are quite similar.
There was a big band hit version of "At Last" in 1942 by Glenn Miller and in 1952 by Ray Anthony.

Although the Etta James recording only hit #47 on the charts in 1961 it has taken on life of its own, becoming a classic favorite of fans of Rock, Rhythm & Blues, jazz, pop and standards. Amazing.

Chuck Southcot
Southcott Productions
Granada Hills, CA

D.M. Taylor   April 24th, 2009 4:50 pm ET

Beyonce, there is so many lights everywhere,have you found your spotlight?

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter