CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 13, 2009

Patrick Swayze denies tabloid report that he's near death

Posted: 08:20 AM ET

Patrick Swayze wants to stay positive.

Reacting to a tabloid story that says he's nearing "The End" (and showing photos of him appearing gaunt), The Beast star is slamming what he calls "inaccurate" reports about his year-plus battle with pancreatic cancer.

Swayze, 56, tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement he's continuing with treatment, working on a book and even has a new dog:

"It's amazing to me that the tabloids such as the National Enquirer print such negative stories about me and my health when there are so many positive things going on in my life right now. I've started a new chemotherapy and, once again, I am one of the lucky ones with pancreatic cancer that is responding well to the treatment.

Filed under: Health • Hollywood

Melinda George   March 13th, 2009 11:40 am ET

It seems that we, Americans, concentrate on the negative. If we stop reading stories about others misfortune, the Enquirer and all other "Junk Media" will have to change, or go out of business. I am praying for Mr. Swayze and his family. I understand that importance of keeping a positive attitude when battling such a negative opponent (cancer). Miracles still happen and I know someone in the miracle working business. Don't give up. Don't read the junk. Focus on your victory and your strength.

Terry, TX   March 13th, 2009 5:17 pm ET

Bless him.... his medical condition should be no ones concern for negative or intrusive comments....it's evil.

Dodie from CA   March 13th, 2009 10:43 pm ET

To: Patrick Swayze

Stay positive... Stay strong. You can lick this! I did! So you can too!

ed,vancouver canada   March 14th, 2009 1:36 am ET

the tabloids should go under.
booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
leave not only mr.swayze alone,but all celebrities

ed,vancouver canada   March 14th, 2009 1:41 am ET

eat mangosteens.
they can kill cancer cells
the peel has the greatest concentrations of xanthones.
it is very bitter.
i had skin cancer and it is gone now and the cancer clinic wants to know what i did.
it never spread anywhere.
i stopped eating mangosteens and some of my hair fell out again.
there is something interesting about those purple fruit.

tyrone   March 14th, 2009 10:35 pm ET

do NOT believe the MEDIA !!

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter