CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

February 20, 2009

Leaked photo of battered Rihanna prompts investigation

Posted: 09:25 AM ET

Los Angeles police have launched an internal investigation to determine who leaked a picture of a bruised and battered Rihanna to the media.

The close-up photo of the R&B singer - with contusions on her forehead and below her eyes, and cuts on her lip - was published on the entertainment Web site TMZ on Thursday. SEE THE PICTURE HERE

Rihanna, 21, was allegedly attacked by her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown, on a Los Angeles street before the two were to perform at the Grammy Awards on February 8.

"The unauthorized release of a domestic violence photograph immediately generated an internal investigation," an L.A. police spokesman said in a statement. "The Los Angeles Police Department takes seriously its duty to maintain the confidentiality of victims of domestic violence. A violation of this type is considered serious misconduct, with penalties up to and including termination."

Filed under: Hollywood • Larry King Live

Mike, Zephyrhills, FL   February 20th, 2009 4:06 pm ET

I have always wondered why these beautiful women hang with bad guys. Im a nice guy and she could come be with me anytime!!

Mike, Zephyrhills, FL   February 20th, 2009 4:09 pm ET

TMZ is no different than the Brown at this point,

I dont watch the show or buy and subscribe to such poor journalism.

Also nothing is secret today, its all about the money. TMZ should be fined 1 million dollars and producers jailed.

No responsibilty or accountablilty for news anymore.

Molly   February 20th, 2009 8:06 pm ET

It was bound to happen eventually, the photos I mean. Everyone wanted to see the pictures. I hope she is getting the help she needs and that she stays strong! I also hope Rihanna knows that a lot of people are supporting her. I wish her all the best.

Jaison   February 20th, 2009 11:20 pm ET

Larry!

Do you think after hitting Rihanna that made Chris Brown a macho man???? i don't think so he had put down him self. i got a advice for every men please please do not hit Woman that don't make us tough guy. i know things doesn't happen the we want but that don't mean we should start hitting women. couple always and everyday have some kind of disagreement and disagreement can be solve with cool head. and if disagreement happen oftenly that mean you 2 are not made for each other and best thing walk way from each other and remain good friend.
i know it's not easy but it is better then hitting on someone. anyhow this is my 2 cents advice for everyone.

ed,vancouver canada   February 21st, 2009 2:43 am ET

the police seem concerned that this picture was leaked.so it must be real.

Jeff   February 21st, 2009 1:41 pm ET

If Brown spend 2 years in a "Cool Hand Luke" chain gang prison, the message would be sent that domestic violence has "real" consequences. Anything less, deters nothing.

Irene, TX   February 21st, 2009 8:11 pm ET

If he did it, Brown's place is in jail. A man who can hit a woman is no man and a coward. He is no man because he knows no other ways to prove himself to a woman, and he is a coward because only a coward can hit knowing that most likely no equal response is to be expected. I'm in my 50s and I was never hit by a man (by anyone, as a matter of fact) and I feel that I could kill a man if he hits me. HOW can some ladies go to bed with someone, or rather something, like that? HOW can they spend another minute with him, willingly? What's wrong with them? Beats me... Men capable of hitting women have no business to litter the Earth with their filthy selves. There are good, strong, decent men out there who can take care of you and of themselves, protect the family, but they still don't hit women. I wish you all meet one some day. I have. If needed, I'd be fighting next to him like a cave woman against anyone trying to harm us, but I in my wildest dreams I can't imagine any physical fights between us. At least more than 1 🙂

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter