CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

February 18, 2009

Octomom: I'm not obsessed with Angelina Jolie

Posted: 09:28 AM ET

acing public outrage over revelations that she supports her family with the help of food stamps and claims that she is fixated with Angelina Jolie, Nadya Suleman tells PEOPLE that she's turning to "a greater strength" to cope with her sudden notoriety.

The California mother of octuplets says she hopes the media frenzy will soon die out and allow her to focus on raising her eight new babies, born Jan. 26, along with her six older children. "Next week it will be okay," she tells PEOPLE, peering outside at a group of reporters camped in front of her Whittier, Calif., home. "No one will be out there, I'm hoping."

Suleman also rejected claims that she is obsessed with Jolie. "All lies. I have no interest in her. None," she says. "I've never been a fan of anybody famous. Now I kinda have a taste. But it's not being famous – it's being infamous. It's a nightmare."

Filed under: Octuplets

Michael C. McHugh   February 18th, 2009 9:43 am ET

I'm not obsessed with her either. With two wars going on and the country close to a meltdown, I hope Angelina will forgive me for not paying much attention to her activities.

rose   February 18th, 2009 9:58 am ET

who is angela jolie?

debbie   February 18th, 2009 6:29 pm ET

Nadya I think is trying to act like Angelina but she does not have the money or the right man. I feel sorry for her and her babies, I know what one baby is like I can't imagine 8. I feel now the babies are here and what is done is done so she does need help and money .

Rene   February 18th, 2009 9:37 pm ET

Nadya – I just have two words for you "Get Help!

And Larry you and the entire crew at CNN continue to talk about this individual. For goodness sake, she must have a host of family member who can pitch in. She jeopardized her children's livelihood and now she wants the American people to bail her out. Not to mention the arrogance she exhibited during her initial interview. Can't you find another story that is worthwhile covering?

Joyce Teves   February 18th, 2009 10:24 pm ET

Hi Larry! The former Agent did not tell you the following: The Octo-Mom is on Medical which is paid by tax payers, she gets approx. $2100 per month for Social Security Disability payments for 3 of her kids, plus her food stamps. I'll bet that now she will get a tummy tuck for her stretched skin. As Dr. Phil said, "I don't care if she had plastic surgery, but the $20,000 cost should have gone to her children. Everyone I talk to thinks she is off her rocker. Joyce

Rose   February 19th, 2009 10:43 am ET

Our care should not be about the Octomom's obsessions or lack of. Our care should be directed at the well being of her 14 children. Ms. Suleman has proven herself to be irresponsible and self absorbed. What are the authorities planning on doing to ensure her kids are in an environment where their needs are met? All the love in the world cannot keep a roof over one's head, or food in one's (or should I say 14) stomachs. This is where responsibilty begins and fantasies end.

She has NO VIABLE plan to maintain her family. What about the poor kids? That should be the the direction of future discussions and not Ms. Suleman's delusions. What is the plan for these children? Will there be any intervention?

Please do not give this undeserving woman any more publicity. Direct it at the childrens' needs instead. This situation will be turning into a legal issue in the near future.

Constance   February 20th, 2009 4:08 am ET

I notice that you either don't get positive comments for the Blessed mother of octuplets,Nadya Sulleman.Well here's one. Whatever help the other families received with mutiple births in their families should be afforded this family.It was disrespectful to praise the Dugger family with 18 children while asking the couple their opinion of Nadya Sullman. WOW!! Some people have some nerve!!How can the Dugger family even open their mouths and talk!!Please post where help can be sent for this family. GOD Bless you and your family,Nadya Sulleman. The people of America don't all hate you like the media tries to imply. I Love You all and GOD loves you and many other people love you,too!!..Peace and Love to you..

Guadalupe   March 13th, 2009 1:13 am ET

Constance! Hey maybe u can b her new BFF lol...or become one of her "angels in waiting " while she gets her nails done lol

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter