CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

February 7, 2009

Saturday: Pres. Carter & Mickey Rourke on LKL!

Posted: 06:01 PM ET

Tonight, Former President Jimmy Carter and his hopes for President Barack Obama.

artrourkebackstageafpgiThen Mickey Rourke! He's in a movie that's getting a lot of buzz: "The Wrestler."  We'll also ask about his battles behind the scenes and how he's managed to resurrect his career.

It's all tonight on "Larry King Live," at 9 p.m., ET.

Filed under: Larry King Live • Mickey Rouke • Pres. Jimmy Carter

Apple   February 7th, 2009 6:32 pm ET

Larry, the Publicans are the ones who created this mess now they are pretending to be the innocent ones. The world has not forgotten!

The publicans do not care about the American people. They just want to win the White House!

We have not forgotten that the Democrats left the budget balanced UNTIL the Publicans got in, wasted it and sold out the country to China.

NONE, NO ONE disagrees that there need to be a stimulus and stimulus cannot be unless there is BIG spending. Why are we so daft.

Where should Obama get the money other than to borrow it?

Each day that goes by makes me resent the Publicans more and more and am sending messages from people to people to show them what the Publicans are doing – setting 2 blackmen against each other to create division.

Isn't this what happened in Africa years ago? Mondern day black on black. How much lower can this party sink?

Apple   February 7th, 2009 6:32 pm ET

Mr Steele:

Do you and the rest of the Publicans remember that as the Democrats had left the budget balanced until all of you stingers had gotten access to it?

You all claim that the Dems spend so much and you lot so little so WHY did Obama inherit so much debt?

It is because of you the Publicans so for once think about the American people who are in need now and stop coveting Obama's seat!

We are tired of you lot trying to play political mind games thinking that people are stupid and cannot decide for themselves.

In the end, we will remember that Obama tried but Republicans blocked it just to try to get him to fail. This decision is not about Americans. It is about Republicans winning the white house!

I can see that many still have not given up on how gullible blacks can be.

The RNC tried to use a needy group, "Women" in the form of Sarah Palin when Obama did not choose Hillary as VP and that did not cut it.

Now, because they fear, as a mostly white party to go after Obama because of his overwhelming support, they have decided to "USE" another seemingly "Acceptance needy" group in the form of blacks.

Mr Steele, we are watching how you and the RNC treat Obama. For those of us who are watching and listening closely, many publicans refuse to support the bill because like Limbaugh, the RNC wants Obama to fail.

Can you all for once put aside you selfish political desires and for once make a decision to FIRST help desperate Americans trying to hold onto their jobs and homes?

We see the RNC as playing the same political games especially at winter when many Americans and their babies are being thrown out f their homes and into the cold. Having to join long food lines for food in the cold. The RNC is HEARTLESS!! STOP HOLDING THE PRESIDENT HOSTAGE!

STOP ALLOWING AMERICANS TO SUFFER! Even if the plan is short term, every little helps! Everything will not change overnight.

Appointing you does not mean that Republicans will get the black votes that Obama got. We know that it is about attacking Obama and we love him. Black churches support him. The RNC said that it is so christian and the things that happened while you lot were in are appalling.

Mr Steele, we are not blind or deaf and most of all, most blacks are not as gullible anymore or stupid!

Ilean   February 7th, 2009 6:44 pm ET

I really respect Larry King. He tends to bring balance to talk show and journalism. With that in mind, I am pleading with Mr. King to feature a segment on this topic: The Republican Party supports and align with Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh often times promotes hateful, racist, and bigoted political commentary. Yet, still the Republican party (sent to Washington to represent the interest of all people in their districts-regardless of race and political persuadion) tolerates this man very openly and publicly. We all know that if President Obama were to associate openly with the Rev. Wright and Louis Farrakan, the Republicans would be outraged. Why is the Democratic Party not calling out the Republican Party on this significant issue in front of the American people who are striving for racial harmony in this country? Again, I am pleading with Mr. King to host a segment discussing this very issue. Someone needs to speak out and put the Repubs on BLAST.

Eleanor   February 7th, 2009 8:11 pm ET

Michael Steel should be ashamed of himself for coming out with this kind of rhetoric... that power has gone to the dems head!!!!!!!
President Obama has been working hard and he has only been in office a couple weeks.Give the guy a break!!!!!
Of course that in itself kind of shines a light on the republicans but
the Americans spoke loud and clear on November 5th so the republicans would do themselves a big favor if they just let president
Obama DO his job as well as the media
The media has scrutinized this President beyond belief!!!!
If they had done it while Bush and Cheney were in power maybe the country would not be in the mess its in today
I dont envy him having to deal with these big EGO guys every day who are all out looking for their little rants to show up on some media outlet every day!
You sure passed the stimulus *speedily* for your fat cat crooked friends on wall street
Now stand up and do something for the average american citizen!!!
no expert is really sure whats going to work its just do the best you can as you go along and hope for the best outcome!
At least try and work with the President!!
I must say its rather refreshing to listen to a President who is articulate and intelligent!

Gladys Magdangal   February 7th, 2009 8:56 pm ET

Dear Larry,
I am so frustrated that I could scream! When I hear about the billions, millions, trillions, being given out & not even getting accountability of where these companies & banks are putting it is beyond me. I say give some of it to the American People. And I'm not alking about theat piddly amount of $600 we each got to spend. Give us some real money. Spend a trillion on us. Figure out how many American families a tax return & divy it up. WE WILL SPEND IT! We will pay our mortgages, (housing crisis solved) we will buy stocks, we will buy new cars or used cars, we will spend spend spend. I heard that after we spent that $600 it helped, can you imagine? They can even hold us accountable for where we spend it.
Luckily my husband still has his job, & I am disabled, so any extra money we have we are saving not spending. I'm sure that others are doing the same because we are scared.
I keep hearing experts on tv saying we need to go out and buy things, well...........give us some money!
What do you think Larry?
Gladys Magdangal San Francisco,Ca

Lynn   February 7th, 2009 9:12 pm ET

Larry,
Question for President Carter. Would he go to the middle east if asked to help the peace process?

Brandon Scott   February 7th, 2009 9:45 pm ET

Rourke and Tomei were both more than deserving of Oscar nods, but the movie itself should have received a nomination as well. Well done, Mickey. I can't even begin to tell you how much your performance shook me.

Teri Wilson   February 7th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

I'd love to know about Mickey's movie with Kim Basinger...9 1/2 weeks. That was some steamy movie! Teri WIlson

Bullet   February 7th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

Larry,

i've been a fan of Mickey Rourke sinds i have seen his movie Bullet (1996)

And ive seen him go thro bad times, and i'm realy glad he's on the top again.

Tay Aziz

Netherlands

Jasmine   February 7th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

What's the most fun he's had making a movie or which movie has affected him the most personally? And yes Chris Jericho would go down!

Beth Kozik   February 7th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

I loved Mickey in The Wrestler! Congratulations on the Comeback! Does he have any more movies lined up? I hope so!

Courtney Pollack   February 7th, 2009 9:47 pm ET

I've seen The Wrestler 4 times so far, and everytime I feel the deep emotions of Mr. Rourke's character. Each time I cry and wish I could give Randy a big hug.
Mickey, thanks for making this role possible. I know you will be a big winner at the Oscars!

Victoria   February 7th, 2009 9:47 pm ET

I'm a writer, and I have to tell you – Mickey Rourke gave the best performance I've seen in years and years. Go for it, Mr. Rourke. Just grab the brass ring and take it all the way home.

Jean   February 7th, 2009 9:47 pm ET

I just saw The Wrestler and I was in tears. What an amazing movie and performance by Mickey. He so captured the loneliness and tragedy of his character. I'm so glad to see Mickey back on top and making movies again. I'm also a long time huge Bruce fan and his song for the movie is one of the most beautiful songs Bruce has written in a long time. What a perfect song for a perfect movie.

kdsgboop   February 7th, 2009 9:47 pm ET

Mickey – you are one of the biggest talents to hit the big screen. Glad to have you back. Keep your chin up.

Nancyanne Russo   February 7th, 2009 9:47 pm ET

Hi I am 35 yrs old and a big big fan of the sexy mickey rourke he is defientely still sexy and is under estimated he is very talented especially with no shirt on. He is a great actor and good to see him back.

Gary Freedman   February 7th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

Ask Mickey about his pro boxing career and how it helped him prepare for the role in the wrestler. does he miss boxing? I am a former (amateur) boxer and current boxing promoter and know how difficult and how much courage it takes to get in the ring and fight someone

LOTTIE   February 7th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

SINCE THE WILD ORCHID MOVIE I KNEW YOU WOULD BE A SUPER STAR ONE DAY. AND ALSO MICKEY YOU ARE SO SEXY SEXY SEXY !!!

Tammy K.   February 7th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

Mickey; You may not know it or feel it, but, you represent a great amount of strength. I'm so glad and you finally deserve your due!!
I will pray for you and greater strength in what looks like a brilliant start to the rest of the future. God Bless there are plenty of us that do care.

Josh Sussman   February 7th, 2009 9:49 pm ET

Larry can you ask mickey about the rumors of him being in talks for a role in the Iron Man sequel.

Pam Center   February 7th, 2009 9:49 pm ET

I just want to wish Micky the best in life. Sometimes it takes going through hard times to get back to appreciate where you came from and where you are going in life. Only the BEST to You Take Care and Live, Laugh and remember you are loved in life by all of us.
God Bless you.Pam

Jake   February 7th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

Mr. Rourke, I have been moved by your work over the years, and I wonder if you consider yourself a tortured soul or do you just play on in front of the camera?

William Spohn   February 7th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

The Pope of Greenwich Village, starring Mickey Rourke and Eric Roberts is my favorite movie. It is truly a great movie with alot to say. To this day, many of the movies best lines are still heard and used out on the streets. For example, "I don't have time to sit and watch the sun come up". The point being, this movie is full of life's lessons, and even now at age 60, I still remember so many great lines from the movie. It is a real tribute to Mickey and Eric to still be remembered for those great performances. My thanks to them both for years of memories. Good luck Mickey!

gino   February 7th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

What can be said of your's and sean penn's good friendship/any plans to film together?

Arthur Lucky   February 7th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

Great casting, no one coujld have done it better. Compliments from others in the business including Chris Jericho tell the story. Don"t like the hype of Rourke/Jericho, let;s keep the discussion on the movie.

sophie wasabi   February 7th, 2009 9:51 pm ET

– it would be great to see Rourke in a Coen Brothers film next!

DJ Tschoepe   February 7th, 2009 9:51 pm ET

It's is so wonderful to see Mickey Rourke in the lime light again.
I so wanted to be Kim Bassinger in 9 1/2 weeks !!! And I loved Mickey in "The Pope of Grenich Village". I don't think he realizes how great his movies really were and what a beautiful human being he is.
God loves you Mickey so much. Don't look back and don't look down.
Keep your head up. I love you and your movies.
You need someone in your life to lift you up and keep you up.
Much love and respect !!!!!

Kathy   February 7th, 2009 9:51 pm ET

Mickey..YOU made the movie.When you came out in that last scene, all buffed, long blonde hair, big grin,ready to take on the challenge...WOW!! Make no mistake about it...You've still got it Babe!

David Brice   February 7th, 2009 9:52 pm ET

Mickey glad to see that your back. I haven't seen The Wrestler and I cannot wait to see it. You should take on Chris Jerhico and you can beat him. I have faith.

serena   February 7th, 2009 9:52 pm ET

Justa wanna say I love Mickey Rourke, have since I first saw him, no one is sexier than this man, and his acting ability protrays that, woo hoo, ha ha, but no matter what he goes trough, how bad things get, he is a person just like everyone else and his ability to act is his gift and I am so happy he shares that with the rest of us. And he does it ohhhhhhh so well. Congratulations to you and I will always watch a movie with you in it.

Richard G Smith   February 7th, 2009 9:53 pm ET

I have been a fan since the 80's & his climb back encouraged me to clean up my own matters. Good to see that things are finally coming your way. God bless & take care.

Dereck   February 7th, 2009 9:53 pm ET

I absolutely LOVED the Mickey Rourke interview. Mickey, I"ve been a fan of yours way back to the "Angel Heart" days and COULD NOT WAIT to see you explode back on the screen doing what I know you do better than anyone else. Brother...I saw "The Wrestler" just a couple nights ago and I think your performance and the movie itself will stay with me for years to come. You are THE BEST!!! WELCOME BACK...Can't wait to see you in Iron Man II !!!

Maggie   February 7th, 2009 9:54 pm ET

Larry,

Please tell Mickey I think he is a terrific actor and gave a us a great performance in The Wrestler. I would love to cook a delicious meal for him and enjoy his company! Thank you...

Brigitte   February 7th, 2009 9:54 pm ET

I'd love to know if Mickey has ever regretted getting into acting, since this industry is that had such a negative impact on his life.

Jody - Lexington, KY   February 7th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

Chris Jericho is an immature jerk. He's just mad his career ended on new year's day 2001. i'm glad Mickey took the high road.

Jim   February 7th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

Mickey, You deserve all the rewards for everything you've come through. Many more well wishes to you in the future. You will be a bright shining star. God Bless my brother.

marvin b   February 7th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

micky
I am so glad you are back. thanks for all the great movies.

maRVIN B

Sil   February 7th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

Chris Jericho needs to quit taking himself so seriously. I just watched him interact with Mr Rourke on LKL while acting like a spoiled child. I didn't know that "real" wrestlers had such thin skin.

Elizabeth   February 7th, 2009 9:56 pm ET

Chris Jericho needs to stop being such a jerk and start being grown up.

Brian   February 7th, 2009 9:56 pm ET

Chris Jericho is a no-class, arrogant punk for his response to Mickey Rourke.

SabinCali   February 7th, 2009 9:56 pm ET

IS Chris Jericho for real?!? Relax... Obviously Mickey was only playing the part of a Wrestler and that goes for the same on the red carpet.. Chris Jericho's banter seemed pathetic and childish especially after Mickey clearly took the 'high road'... I would have cut to another aspect of your interview with Mickey a lot sooner than you did.

Ann Marden   February 7th, 2009 9:56 pm ET

I was a flight attendant on your flight to Nice when you made a prresentation to Celine Dion . This was many years ago in your "other life" ... So great to see you doing so well .
I have participated in a "day at a time" for 22 years ....Keep coming and doing what you are doing . You are great .......Ann

Mark   February 7th, 2009 9:57 pm ET

I think that chris jerico is a self center, big headed, childish, jerk for the way he acted. Micky was only making a joke about wrestling. Stop being such a cry baby and grow up jerico

Jane   February 7th, 2009 9:57 pm ET

I respect Mickey Rourke for turning his life around and I know that his life will get better and better everday. God Bless you.

Laura   February 7th, 2009 9:58 pm ET

Mickey nicely handled with Mr.Jericho. Who seemed like he would like to rain on anyones parade. Nicely done. You are just loved by so many. Keep up the good work but dont get the big head,

frank   February 7th, 2009 9:58 pm ET

who is chris jerihco, mickey rourke is in the same category as ,brando ,deniro and pacino.great to see you in the movies again.

jay honeyball   February 7th, 2009 9:58 pm ET

Jerico is a fool to talk to Mickey Rourke the way he just did.

Sadavi   February 7th, 2009 9:59 pm ET

Mickey Rourke did a good job on his movie but Chris Jericho is right that being a actor and being a real wrestler is different. So i'm guessing that Rourke will lose against Y2J at Wrestlemania but still he could have a chance.

brian young   February 7th, 2009 9:59 pm ET

Micky's class and coolness are a pleasure to see, I actually was starting to view the world of pro wrestling in a different more positive light until Mr. Jericho's idiotic posturing added a sour note to a great interview . Class will always be the way-keep to the high road Mickey

anonymous   February 7th, 2009 9:59 pm ET

Chris Jerico was completeley disrespectful to Mickey Rourke, who did a performance of a lifetime in "The Wrestler". I hope Chris Jerico is embarassed by his rudeness to Mickey Rourke. Goodluck to you Mickey Rourke.

Barry Kotzen   February 7th, 2009 10:00 pm ET

I went to Miami Beach Senior High School and graduated in 1976 a few years before Mickey Rourke attended high school. Larry King was on the radio in Miami at the same time so seeing the both of them on the air together brings back old memories.

I have certainly had my share of ups and downs over the years so I have to respect Mickey's willingness to address the demons he had to face in his life.

It's an inspiration to listen to guy who has been on top and fallen from grace and now appears to have made the journey back. I hope that I'm as lucky.

ignatius   February 7th, 2009 10:00 pm ET

I think chris Jericho is an jerk forinsulting Mickey Rourke and in plain words COWARD.
Mickey Rourke you have done a great Job as an actor and i think you are my most fav and i wish you all the best .

Ove   February 7th, 2009 10:00 pm ET

I loved the Wrestler, it's amazing to see someone do a comeback with such a movie.

It's in stark contrast to Jericho, that just comes across as a jerk.

Alan   February 7th, 2009 10:00 pm ET

Kudos to Mickey for admitting he stuck his foot in his mouth. That takes brains and class. Chris Jericho just had an opportunity on your show to prove he has the same level of class and take the high road. He missed the chance, proved he's way below Mickey (in class and brains) and made himself look like a fool.

DT   February 7th, 2009 10:02 pm ET

Chis Jericho is such a loser....how immature and juvenile can you be? He just made himself look like the biggest baby ever.... That interview as also a prime example that money and fame can't give a person class....Jericho is nothing, but white trash

joann t   February 7th, 2009 10:02 pm ET

mr. jericho needs to get over himself. mickey rourke could not have been more of a gentleman than to say he stuck his foot in his mouth on the red carpet. let it go little boy.

ConquerorWyrm   February 7th, 2009 10:03 pm ET

Who is this poser Chris Jericho? I mean, come now, I've seen infantile adults before but this guy was pathetic...He is actually 'offended' by a comment made on the red carpet in La-La Land? So much so that he makes a fool of himself on your show 'calling out' a man twice his age with dares to fight, and being serious about it! And yes, the amount of times he kept returning to that subject shows clearly his childish pride was offended. Mr. Rourke took the high road there, much more so than this fool who should not be referred to as a 'man' under any circumstances. Just goes to show the average mentality of those who exist in this phony world of 'pro' wrestling to take offense at any words, let alone an aside made in a moment of hype. What a chump! And yeah, if this boy wants to make some hay over it, I'll challenge him to a match of forming a coherent sentence.

jay honeyball   February 7th, 2009 10:04 pm ET

recycling will stimulate the economy with collection, processing and re using....many jobs

Why does America not recycle properly?????

Paul   February 7th, 2009 10:05 pm ET

Some of my most favorite films are ones with my fellow wack job Micke Rouke! Can't wait to see "The Wrestler" and from what i've seen and heard,I look forward to seein you accept the Oscar for Best Actor. Best of luck!! One Day at a Time.

susann   February 7th, 2009 10:05 pm ET

Mickey I'm so proud to see that you have made a comeback after some rough times with your choices. It shows that people can change for the better. I've really wanted to see the movie but I have been going through some rough times. From all the previews and the interview on Larry King Live I'm impressed. I would like to know are you single and how old are you? Please e-mail back with this information. Thank you

Michelle Faridi   February 7th, 2009 10:06 pm ET

Larry, I have never "blogged" before in my life, but I felt compelled while I was watching your interview with Mickey Rourke. Your program is by far the best on T.V. but I feel that it is wrong to invite a guest to be on your show and allow him to be offended on air by someone so vulgar as Chris Jerico. He was absolutely wrong. He should have been removed from the air as soon that it was apparrent that he was only there to insult Mr. Rourke. Shame on you for allowing this to happen on your program! Your show was my favorite but you lost alot of points today, and it is safe to say that Chris Jerico has permanantly turned me off to professional wrestling forever. Bravo Mickey Rourke for not stooping to Chris Jerico's level!!!

Roger Honnely   February 7th, 2009 10:08 pm ET

Jericho acted like a grade school punk picking a fight over something that was said. I'm glad Mickey has enough sense not to stoop to his level it was really retarded.

VegaGirl   February 7th, 2009 10:10 pm ET

Who the hell is Chris Jericho? Seriously, unless you are in the wrestling world, Chris Jericho is a nobody. He needs to apologize to Mickey Rourke. Mickey, I am so proud of you for taking the high road on this and not falling into a debate with such a loser. Congrats on your nomination.

VegaGirl   February 7th, 2009 10:17 pm ET

Mr. King, I also agree with Ms. Faridi. You really should have gotten Chris Jericho off the show as soon as you realized he was there to confront Mickey Rouke.

Dan   February 7th, 2009 10:17 pm ET

To see Chris Jerhico eyes light up like that at the end after Mickey called him "son" was PRICELESS !!!!

WD   February 7th, 2009 10:20 pm ET

Mickey Rourke is a classy guy. Chris Jericho acts like a young punk kid. Hopefully, he will learn lifes lessons soon.

leonard   February 7th, 2009 10:21 pm ET

what a jerk, chris jerihco. he should learn how to behave.

Willem David   February 7th, 2009 10:23 pm ET

I thought Mickey was wise to take the high road after Chris Jericho challenged him to a wrestling match. It was obvious that Chris Jericho has an attraction to Mickey and desires more of a sexual encounter. Obviously Mickey wasn't interested and took the high road, having no interest in a physical relationship with Chris Jericho. I hope Chris Jericho can find another willing man to cuddle with.

Barry Kotzen   February 7th, 2009 10:23 pm ET

Hey I meant a few years AFTER Mickey. Also, as a life long wresting fan (every week at the Miami Beach Convention Center when I was kid) I know that wresting is all about self promotion. Having said that Chris Jericho still came off as a....jerk. This is the nicest thing I can say that will likely show up on this blog. Chris Jericho bounce this stuff off another human being who is not being paid to kiss your butt before you open your mouth

Amber   February 7th, 2009 10:23 pm ET

wow. class act, Mickey.
Chris nobody jericho just humiliated himself in front of a lot of people.
He showed just how fragile and tiny his little big ego really is.
Mr. Rourke, I admire your strength. Welcome back, and you dealt with little big man perfectly. Talk about giving yourself negative publiciy, mr. jericho... great job there.
Mickey, you rock 🙂

Amber   February 7th, 2009 10:25 pm ET

yeah, Chris was a very funny little man to watch. thank you for the moment, Mickey 🙂

Trish Underhill   February 7th, 2009 10:27 pm ET

Larry,
I enjoyed the interview with Mickey Rourke; but when Chris Jericho came on, I was disappointed with Jericho's somewhat confrontational words and tone. I am not aware of what Rourke said on the red carpet; but just feel that this confrontational words/tone was necessary and I was very proud of Rourke's taking the high road and his words of respect back to Jericho.

maureen price   February 7th, 2009 10:27 pm ET

Chris Jeriko is a real jerk!!! He was totally unfriendly and in poor spirit with his comments to Mikey Rourke. Kuodos to Mickey for his great attitude!

Emily   February 7th, 2009 10:32 pm ET

I just watched the interview with Mickey Rourke. His performance in "The Wrestler" was heartbreaking. He definately deserves the Oscar. However, I am angry that CNN let an idiot like Chris Jericho come on and insult his guest and taunt him over and over again. Mr. Rourke, you took the high road and remained calm, cool, and mature. Chris Jericho, unfortunately, stayed in character, while Mr. Rourke did not. It seems Chris may not know the difference between real and make-belive. Kudos to Mr. Rourke for staying cool and humble. I think Larry King and CNN owe Mickey Rourke a public apology. They should have pulled the plug on that idiot when he started his trash talk. I guess we know now why Mr. Rourke is the perfomer nominated for an Oscar and I am not even sure how you spell Mr. Jericho's name!

Lorraine   February 7th, 2009 10:35 pm ET

I was very moved by Mickey's interview with you and I felt as though he was emotionally on the edge the entire time and it was as though at any moment he would lose control over his ability to maintain those emotions.

Yes, he's very fortunate to have this opportuntiy to move forward in his life and it was obvious that he feels imense gratitude to do so.

I've always admired his acting abilities and now I respect him for making his recovery in life. I think that it's wonderful that he's so appreciative of having this chance to still have a life of fulfillment and happiness and accept responsibility for how he's lived it. in the past.

It is said, that those who suffer the most, can gain the greatest happiness. And I wish Mickey as much happiness and success that he's entitled to experience.and see that life develop and grow well into the future.

Lorraine

Gregory Wright   February 7th, 2009 10:37 pm ET

Chris Jerico needs to learn many lessons, one in particular, how to behave himself around his betters.

Thair Heath From Dominguez High school   February 7th, 2009 10:41 pm ET

How is that people are rarely talking about how bush got us into this mess in first place and leave Chris Jericho alone i mean dang that 's you guy's do is mone and complain. And the fact that Pres.Obama is doing his best but it seems like we have ignorant people in this world that don't apperciate him like the way they should. And i mean what about the billion doallar boat that bush hade made that he kept secret or all the money he blew off and I mean seem like you guy's never want to talk about that kind stuff that has us in this situation now and you guy's see bush quiet than a church mobster because he know's he's guilty and he wrong and got out struggling but it like wealthy people are going from richs to rags and thats good so they can see how feels to be at the bottom and struggle they we do everyday. Because the first shall be last and the last shall be first Pres. Obama keep on doing what doing and stand firm what you plan to do and let God lead you and direct you in path to fix problem because if God is for you who shal come against you wel got people praying for you and God bless!

Bill   February 7th, 2009 10:48 pm ET

Chris Jerico has proven to be a little cowardly jerk that despises himself. His lack of common sense amazes me.

Lynn Burress   February 7th, 2009 10:58 pm ET

I am INTRIGUED totally by Mickey Rourke after seeing the film "The Wrestler"...........If youre reading this Mickey, I want to ask you- does your chiahuawa (sp?) pee all over your house? I have one- "Boy-Boy" and hes like my son I could never get rid of him, but he has completely destroyed my carpets.
Any way also what exactly was said on the red carpet about Chris Jericho? Just curious.........

ruth mogan   February 7th, 2009 11:07 pm ET

Welcome back Mickey. Glad to see the Hollywood insiders welcome you back.
Larry, please forward a copy of the book "Unlimited Access" to DL Hughley so he can see what kind of White House, National Securtiy and Intellegence Bureaus Pres. Bush inherited from the Clintons. Oh, 46% of Americans did not vote for Obama. We shouldn't get too cocky.

Blubber   February 7th, 2009 11:14 pm ET

Rourke’s Birthday: Wednesday September 16, 1953
Jericho was born on November 9, 1970, in New York City.

Wrestler snapshot: Chris Jericho – real name Chris Irvine –

*Jericho was cut from his high school hockey team his senior year at Westwood Collegiate in Winnipeg.

*Ted Irvine, Jericho’s father, played 12 seasons in the NHL for the Boston Bruins, Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, and St. Louis Blues between 1963 and 1978. In 724 career games he scored 154 goals and 177 assists for 331 points, Irvine also racked up 657 career penalty minutes.

* Jericho majored in journalism at Red River Community College in Winnipeg and worked for a time at The Calgary Sun covering sports.

* Jericho’s official bio lists him at 6′0″ and 231 pounds.

*Jericho’s signature closing move is dubbed the Walls(”B” ?) of Jericho.
-----------------------–

Larry used Mickey! And no wonder Jerico picked that name..

>Jericho is a city located near the Jordan River in the West Bank of the Palestinian territories. Situated well below sea level on an east-west route 16 kilometers (10 mi) north of the Dead Sea, Jericho is the lowest permanently inhabited site on earth.

That says it all about that wrestler(I bet his momma is proud of his career choice). Jerico is the lowest form of life… confronting an old man who was just having a good time while on the Red Carpet. If Jerico is so tough, then he should not feel the need to be boastful. Surely his momma taught him to have better manners that to insult anyone.

King is at fault!!! He set up Rourke! Time for King to retire!

ed ,vancouver canada   February 7th, 2009 11:23 pm ET

Mr. Carter,what do you think of the state of the economy?How would YOU fix it?We in canada respected you highly.
1)would you give money to the banks to free up money to lend to people other than the ones in trouble,(they have ruined credit now)or

2) Since there is a trillion dollars being spent anyway give 50000 to each of twenty million troubled families so they can pay off debt.
This would be a 20 year interest free loan.The money has to go to the lender,so it is made out to the citizen AND the lender,that gaurantees that the bank gets paid...no blank cheques.If the home gains equity in the future,the government gets paid first,as there is a lien on the home,if it is sold for any reason. In the majority of cases,the loan will not take 20 years to pay off.

I like #2 as it is instant,and the banks will get the money they want to balance the books.Giving billions to the banks so it can end up squandered and misdirected to those who will not pay any taxes is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.They tried that in the 30"s and it made things spiral downward.

Not giving money directly to people will further jeopardize millions of others into a negative equity position.That is an even bigger problem than the current one.
The foreclosed homes should not be sold to foreigners,it will reduce national security.Sell your eggs,not the chickens.

What is your idea?

Eleanor   February 7th, 2009 11:25 pm ET

I enjoyed the interview with mickey Rourke he was absolutely fantastic in the Wrestler!!
I kind of felt that Jerico appearance was rude as well
not the time or place really

I also would like to thank Larry King for trusting the viewers on this blog to post without being moderated.Its really refreshing to be able to do that and as far as I can see viewers are respecting that trust
Larry ,so kudos to you for having an open blog Larry
Cnn could take this as an example to allow this format for all their blogs bc its very annoying to want to express an opinion and most of the time your post doesnt even make it on line
thanks again Larry for this option
a faithful viewer of Larry King and CNN

Eileen S   February 8th, 2009 12:02 am ET

Hi just saw the interview with Jimmy Carter. I was and continue to be disgusted by him. I dare him to live in Srdot and the other border towns that are suffering continual attacks from Hamas. Do you know why less Israelis die in these attacks? Since Israel has been under attack (since it's inception), bomb shelters were built. Does Mr. Carter know of any other country that requires every house have a bomb shelter and passes out gas masks to have on hand?? Hamas has one goal and only one goal in mind "To wipe Israel off the map" and "throw all of the Jews in the sea". They have Iran backing them.

Mr Carter was weak as a president and now his naiivite (or anti semetic) rhetoric proves once again that he isn't fit to intervene in international affairs. Much less give President Obama advice. He needs to study the history of the Jewish people and take a hard look at the concessions Israel has aready made to the Palestinian people. Hamas does not want peace. If he looks at the pattern he will see that Israel gives away their precious land, only to have more rockets sent to destroy her. Hamas sends their rockets into heavily populated areas and villages with the only intention of destroying as many as possible. Mr Carter ignors the fact that these are the same people who send their sons, wives and daughters to kill themselves. They use their loved ones, including children, as shields so that they can claim the brutality of the Israeli soldiers who try and spare the innocent.. This is war and they know it and still they use their children as martyrs. It works for them because the newspapers report the pictures of the dead "protective shield" children and ignor the impact the war has had on Israeli citizens and their children.

In writing his dangerous book and speaking out against Israel's right to defend herself , he further ignites the fire that is burning again in Europe and elsewhere. Antisemetism is on the rise, synogogues are being defaced and those who can attest to the horrors of the Holocaust are dying off. I wonder if Mr Carter saw the demonstration that took place recently in Ft Lauderdale. The Palestinian Americans
were shouting "Death to the Jews" and "Send the Jews back to the ovens". Imagine the horror felt by the Holocaust survivors who live there. Who wants Peace?
Open your eyes Mr. Carter and do your homework. You are playing with the lives of a people who, after surviving the horrors of the Holocaust, must still fight for their freedom.

AnnaLee Roitenberg   February 8th, 2009 12:27 am ET

Any host having Jimmy Carter as a guest will of course ask Jimmy about Israel and the Middle East. He will, because he is the worst Anti-Semite alive in the world today, will find a way to put the Israelis in the wrong as he did tonight. He just showed one of many examples on Larry King's show tonight – who happens to be my favorite – of how terrible an Anti-Semitic he is. You need to wash your mike after he has been on it.

jennifer   February 8th, 2009 12:46 am ET

i just want to say that i think mickey rourke is a very talented actor,and i love him!! Congrats on the award!!! You deserve that oscar!!

Steve Spears   February 8th, 2009 12:46 am ET

I once was a pro wrestler, I have since retired, but the movie brought me back on a lot of memories, Thank you for becoming a character I once lived!

sellassie   February 8th, 2009 12:50 am ET

is that the same mickey rourke that starred in bullet with the late tupac shakur? please let me know
ps love the movie by the way, tell em"
dont call it a come back..youve been here for years..
peace Sellassie

Titania   February 8th, 2009 12:51 am ET

I was so impressed with your role in The Wrestler as a person would have to actually experience being human throughout different episodes of life. Covering so many emotions isn't that easy and that is why Mickey does so well. I hope he wins the award but he will always be top shelf to me.

Penny Meyer   February 8th, 2009 12:52 am ET

Hey, Mickey: Comeback? C'mon...anyone who matters (HA!) knows you were around. Sin City–fantastic movie and heartbreaking performance by YOU! What I want to know is how COULD you be a saint in the city with that sweet smile and sinful good looks? It musta turned that blessing into a curse...glad you got the mojo going again. PUL-eze don't leave us again. Call me...

Jesse Martinez   February 8th, 2009 12:52 am ET

I noticed Mickey was back after i saw Sin City and Spun. Granted Sin City was a special effects flick but there was some very good acting in there on your part. Its about time you start getting the prop you have earned. And Jerrico is an actor. Just like the the rest of them.

Terry Darakjy   February 8th, 2009 12:52 am ET

Love ya Mickey! Teaming up with the Boss must've been great!
I want to let you know how much you're loved & the body of work you have thus far achieved will stand the test of time. Saw one of my old faves the other night-"A Prayer For the Dying" really a great performance, kid-Glad you've come back to do more great work.

Gail   February 8th, 2009 12:52 am ET

Thank you for sharing the 7-11 story. It made me feel like I'm not the only one that cringes when I hear or see what I used to do or be. We all go through times where we question our purpose, and I am going through that right now. Thank you for showing us that we all go through that and we just need to believe that our time will come if we work at making it happen after the difficut time is over.

Christine Meister   February 8th, 2009 12:53 am ET

Mickey was the most talented beautiful man, in his first onscreen experience and he's just as beautiful inside and out now! Amazing performance!

Laurel Bravdica   February 8th, 2009 12:54 am ET

Hi Mickey,
I'm so glad to see you again. I love the comments you've made about your dogs and how important they are in your life. I agree. Thanks again for coming back and I'm looking forward to seeing more of you. take Care and good luck in all you do.

Vicki Pasciuta   February 8th, 2009 12:54 am ET

I am so glad Mickey Rourke is back, I love him, and think he's a great actor. I wish him luck and happiness. Welcome back- you were missed!

Lorraine De Forest Garrett   February 8th, 2009 12:55 am ET

One of my favorite shows ever –
I think President Carter is a voice of peace in the Middle East. He is not afraid to say what he thinks, and understands the complexities of
occupation of Gaza. A brave and proud American, and an example for my kids.
Mickey Rourke is an extraordinary actor; it is good to see him again

Saleema   February 8th, 2009 12:55 am ET

Mickey, Larry and everyone else is calling it a comeback. I don't think that's what it was, I think you were like a lot of people a little lost, glad you found your way back! And as for Jericho, as with most wrestlers he's a lot of hot air!

Frederick Graham   February 8th, 2009 12:55 am ET

Micky,
You are a credit to us all especially at such challenging times for virtually everyone whether they know it or not. I can't say I know anything about wrestling and the accuracy of your performance but I know a bit about overcoming adversity in life and you are a testament to that.

Peace brother,
Frederick

Oksana   February 8th, 2009 12:56 am ET

Saw the movie and must say how tremendously pleasurable it was to see Mickey Rourke doing such a superlative job doing his craft.
He made us care, believe and support the character.
Rourke is one heck of an excellent actor and btw, looks absolutely marvelous!
As for come backs – we've all had at least one and the only thing that truly helps is humility to keep our heads on straight.
Well done, Mr. Rourke, and many thanks for the inspriration.
Oksana

Rich   February 8th, 2009 12:56 am ET

While Mickey may have said something on the red carpet, the dialogue between Mr. Rourke and Chris Jericho was a pure promotional play unless Chris Jericho is really that much of a disrespectful punk. This smells of WWE promotion all the way. Mr. Rourke is a class act and loved the movie.

Jon   February 8th, 2009 12:59 am ET

Congratulations to Mickey Rourke not only for his acting abilities, but also for the maturity in taking the high road with the interview with the idiot wrestler from the WWE. Rourke was obviously trying to complement the other wrestler, but this imbecile did not appreciate Rourke's comments

Bob Shaw   February 8th, 2009 12:59 am ET

Kudo's to Mickey for "taking the high road" with Jericho. Jericho is a pathetic piece of work, and over the top full of himself.

Leyla   February 8th, 2009 1:00 am ET

Mickey was awesome in the way responded to the wrestler's challenge (who is obviously trying to piggyback on Mickey's fame).

Hoping to see Mickey get the Oscar. Inshallah 🙂

Leyla

Rosemary Graham-Gardner   February 8th, 2009 1:00 am ET

Just watched the Wrestler verbally threaten Mickey and taking himself very seriously Haha that is very funny coming from his industry..
You go and get it Mickey and wishing you all the very best of luck..Just live you life and be yourself and be happy.
Hugs to your dog.. I love them and being an Atheist it is the opposite of God...

Janice Muniz   February 8th, 2009 1:01 am ET

Way to go Mickey!!!! You are still a great actor.Jerico is just jealous and he has to get over it.
Keep up the sobriety and keep making great movies as you do so well. good luck mickey!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE DAY AT A TIME

Rand Barron   February 8th, 2009 1:01 am ET

I think that Chris Jericho's attach o Micky was totally unnecessary. Micky was very clear that he was only visiting the world of professional wrestling and that he had respect for what they do and was most impressed by their reaction to the movie.
Personally I have always felt that Micky is the genuine artcle and I can't wait to see the movie. He only took the movies he wanted to do for his own reason and I respect that. We all have our own path to follow, and the best we can do it to be real. Micky is real and a serious actor and I respect him for it and his journey. I don't judge him and I see that he does not judge others. Best of luck Micky! You are one of my favorite actors and I would love to see you do a biker movie, any chance?

Rand Barron

marie   February 8th, 2009 1:02 am ET

I just watched the confrontation with Mickey Rourke and Chris Jericho and I must say Chris was a complete jerk.....He made his point perfectly clear about his misgivings towards Mickey and then didnt know when to let it go... he sounded like a bully (school boy) and not a professional.....he took it too far and completely turned me off... Mickey on the other hand handled it very well and showed what a true gentleman he is....He deserves the academy award in more ways than one................

Bernie Berlin   February 8th, 2009 1:04 am ET

Blessing to you Mickey!!! Life is a funny place.. We all have our journeys & I'm glad yours brought you back to the screen.
LOVED watching you on Larry King tonite & I am sure you will have many, many, many, more days in the bright lights of Hollywood!!!
Pay it forward!!! Also love the fact that you are an animal lover..
All the dogs here at A Place To Bark are wishing you well too:)

Denise Lemaire   February 8th, 2009 1:04 am ET

I think its obvious Mickey Rourke is sorry for some of his past choices and for having dropped out for awhile. He's working hard on a comeback and I think we should be questioning less on that. He is a good actor and I have always loved him as an actor and Im sure I will love him also in the wrestler.

Jacquelyn   February 8th, 2009 1:06 am ET

Larry Luv,

I totally understand what Carter is saying about the fact that the missiles being retaliatory actions of the Palestinian people in Gaza who have suffered for years because of the closed border "gate" to Israel which is the only way in to Gaza for food, water, medicine, and fuel, etc.

How is it that they are able to get the missiles in through the vast network of tunnels that are apparently so sophisticated that they could put in a subway? Even if that notion is exaggerated, they could get supplies in via Egypt same way they got the missiles in.

I would love to see peace in my lifetime. You see peace is just a concept. It lives only in the hearts and minds of all humankind. We can experience it if we are stubborn enough to do so.

I am not condoning either side because ultimately I side with Queen Noor, a good ol' American intelligent woman, in saying that ALL violence is wrong and the only path to peace is a political solution.

Bruce Ingrassia   February 8th, 2009 1:06 am ET

2/7/09

Micky- you have 5 dogs -dogs are there for you when no one else is.
You hit bottom and you hit it hard. Your not a smart man but you sure have heart–I can't say that about alot of other Hollywood types. I believe you were in a movie called Wild Orchid–hottest sex scene I have ever seen. I also loved you in Sin City. You were living life to fast and hard-
Moderation brother moderation. You have talent for sure but maybe you
got hit in the head too many times in boxing. Reason not to fight Jesse–
He is way younger than you....think about it. Back to the dogs you love so much...check out Zoe dog car Seat on Ebay. Zoe dog car seats make traveling fun for Everyone.

diane   February 8th, 2009 1:09 am ET

Mr. Rourke , You are admired for taking the high road....I would never pay to see the person that spoke with such low.....can't find the words.. You keep on keeping on. a fan.

Jacquelyn   February 8th, 2009 1:10 am ET

Regarding Mickey Rourke, someone told me they saw his house in some fabulous HOUSE and HOME magazine of some kind. If he was so down and out for 14 years how did he manage to keep such an incredible home? Me thinks there is a bit more of a story here... or we're all being had. Hmmm.

John Marchand   February 8th, 2009 1:11 am ET

Dear Mickey,
I saw "The wrestler" yesterday and was overwhelmed by the truth, authenticity and passion of your portrayal. For me, as an actor, this is one of the best performances I have seen in the last years. If YOu don't win the Oscar, then nobody should.
"You can't go through life without a broken heart", I was told years ago – and one can't go as far as you did without years of pain and struggle.
Thank you for sharing your inner beauty. You moved me to tears.
Bravo! I wish you all the happiness in the world.
John

Luciano / Canada   February 8th, 2009 1:11 am ET

I have to commend Mickey for truly taking the "high-road" with Jericho. Here is a man who has re-invented himself and has had to swallow a lot to rise above his past, and to have Jericho derail such a "feel-good" moment for Mickey is shameful. Congratulations Jericho for showing America that you truly are a pompous bully, and can dismantle what Mickey fought so hard to portray...and people wonder where the stigma comes from? .Mickey you are a true gentlemen! Maybe Jericho could live in your world and learn a thing or two. I guess its true, braun just doesn't equal intelligence.

DEREK R PERRY   February 8th, 2009 1:11 am ET

TO MIKEY YOU SHOULD GET IN THE RING WITH CHRIS JACHOC KNOCK HIS TEETH DOWN HIS THOUGHT ON WRESTLMAINA 25 IN TEXAS OK BEAT HIS BUTT OK GOOD LUCK

Laura   February 8th, 2009 1:13 am ET

I am so glad you are are getting the recognition you deserve. 9 1/2 week is one of my very favorite movies.. your still hot Mr. Rourke!

Jacquelyn   February 8th, 2009 1:17 am ET

He is apparently not single. I heard that he is hanging out with Evan Rachel Wood. Also likely BS. But intriguing nonetheless.

Jacquelyn   February 8th, 2009 1:22 am ET

Mickey Dude. You made me tear up when you thanked your dogs for their fellowship at the GG's. I was furious for those in the audience who chuckled when you started your speech without knowing what you were going to say. I bet they felt really sheepish when they realized the love and integrity of the words you were about to speak.

Love to you brother. Anyone who loves their dogs so much is worthy of greatness.

Natalie Fitterman   February 8th, 2009 1:23 am ET

Right on Jacquelyn!

Bob   February 8th, 2009 2:25 am ET

Loved the segment with Mickey Rourke. I have always liked his acting, and I am glad he is back.

I thought the pro wrestler's remarks were childish and rude. I believe Mickey could kick the punks butt.

Catherine Callahan   February 8th, 2009 2:42 am ET

Dear Larry, Thank you for this show. Orourke has evolved into the whole package. That young wrestler you pulled in may be at the top of his wrestling game in chapter one, but his social vocabulary was limited to threats and dirty looks. He's got a long if not impossible walk to match the aesthetic social intercourse and savvy Orouke has mastered. Orourke's sincerity still bleeds through his every look and word and goes straight to the heart like a weapon of mass destruction. He"s got the tools now if he didn't have them before, to be totally dangerous. Now, he is really at the top of his game. I am glad he lost the wife. I saw her in a documentary and she seemed so incredibly ordinary. Orourkes the kind of man who lives the life most men would never dare. He the kind of man people make movies about. His evolution in itself, a work of art. A royal command performance. This was the best show of yours I have ever seen. Thanks for bringing it on. Best, Catherine

Scott   February 8th, 2009 4:02 am ET

Mr. Rourke, you're amazing! Long live Motorcycle Boy!

Larry Stone   February 8th, 2009 4:06 am ET

I'm very impressed with Mickey
Rourke. He kept his cool when Larry King tried to goad him into a fight with that other wrestler, whoever he is.

Mickey is obviously an intelligent and thoughtful person with a wry wit. He's transformed himself from an irrational man-child into a mature adult able to take responsibility for his own behavior.
A touching story.

Marilyn Murphy-Mancilla   February 8th, 2009 4:08 am ET

Dear Mickey: I saw you on Larry King and I was so impressed with yo ur candor and also the class that you showed that jerk, Jericho. He's a nobody compared to you. I haven't seen "The Wrestler" yet, but it is on my "must see" list. The clips I saw were great and has motivated me to go to see it even though I seldom go to a theater anymore. You have a lot of Heart and I wish you the best in your career. I know you will continue to make it big because you obviously have a great deal of talent in your acting profession.
Good luck and God speed.
Marilyn Murphy -Mancilla
Sacramento, California

D   February 8th, 2009 4:13 am ET

Mickey Rourke is the best. I am glad he is acting again.

Nadia Austin   February 8th, 2009 5:52 am ET

Mickey you are still a Hottie!!

Firas N. H.   February 8th, 2009 5:58 am ET

Chris Jericho's words, comments and offending thoughts were out of line and by saying what he did, he just lost the respect of thousands of people. Mickey, great job with the movie and i really respect your attitude, well done and all the best.

To Chris J., you are nothing but aweful.

Jon   February 8th, 2009 6:00 am ET

Sorry but jerrico is not all that. He was trying to play the tuff guy like on wwe, but he is not. His world is just like acting, make believe. Jerrico needs to stick with that and leave the real world to regular people. There must be something coming up for wrestle mania for him to go on Larry King and play the tuff guy.

Melissa   February 8th, 2009 6:00 am ET

I think Mickey is a fabulous actor. The young wrestler who came on and said he was offended by Mickey's remarks was a jerk. Thanks for taking the high road Mickey. You are the better man....hands down.

Ms. Lorain   February 8th, 2009 6:03 am ET

I saw your interview with Mickey Rourke and wanted to say, I'm glad he's back on top of his game.

Most people don't know how talented he is as a writer and I think the world is in for lots of surprises where he is concerned.

Personally, I still think he's sexy and loved the way he looked in "Get Carter". He's still has his "Bad Boy" image, just now a little bit more humble.

We all have our demons, things in our past we can't fix, but it's good to know he has moved past them and put his energy back into rebuilding his career.

It may be the reason why things don't work out the way we want them to, it's because God is moving us in the direction HE wants us to go in, so he can Bless us.

Just think, if his life hadn't failed, would he be where he is today?

God's plan was to put him back on top.

God breaks Our Ego down so we can be still long enough to hear Him, and when we are ready to listen, our lives change for the better.

My hope is that this time, he won't take all his gifts for granted and realized what brought him down and not follow in that path again.

Good Luck, Mr. Phillip Andre Rouke Jr. (aka Mickey).....May the God who created heaven and earth continue to Bless and Protect you.

Take Care Of You!

Justin Lewins   February 8th, 2009 6:05 am ET

Hey Mickey

Great to see you back and can't wait to see The Wrestler. We all want to see more of you so take care of yourself.

Mr King! Your list of favourite Mickey Roucke movies doesn't have the best one – Angel Heart. What is with that?

Kurt Reiter   February 8th, 2009 6:06 am ET

How many fans did Jericho lose tonight? He made his point once and showed his arrogance and lack of compassion by not letting go. He needs a new PR manager if he thought going on Larry King and being mean to come icon was a smart idea.

Erin   February 8th, 2009 6:06 am ET

I just wanted to comment on Mr. Rourke and Chris. I think when he told Mickey that he had no respect for him, was ignorant and childish.
MIckey Is one of my favorite actors and I think Chris is trying to act like he is a bigger man . Yet, it was Mickey showing his best side in the conversation and Mickey coming out on top.

I am very proud of Mickey and I hope he nothing but climbs upwards towards those stars we are acustomed to seeing him in.

As for Chris , I am not a fan , and by far , never will be a fan. I will always send my love to Hogan!!!

Much luck to you Mickey and much love.

robin jones   February 8th, 2009 6:07 am ET

Mickey I have been a fan since 1980's but especially WILD ORCHID!!! You riding a harley with a vest a no shirt..lol..You
deserve all this and more!!!!!!!!

wendy mann   February 8th, 2009 6:26 am ET

why would o'rourke want to be associated with a movie where the (i suspect) iranian wrestler is wearing on his costume the word Allah (God) both on the front and the back of his costume . Surely he knew that this is completely offensive to Muslims and Islam.

Certainly if he didnt know the makers of the film certainly do. This kind of deliberate and knowing cheap propaganda and provocation is not welcomed by any one but those who seek to insult ,denigrate and insult those of a different faith and culture.

why on earth did Larry King show those highly offensive clips from the wrestler?

Julie Brent   February 8th, 2009 6:29 am ET

Chris Jericho for such a manly looking guy your sure think childish...Great job Mickey so exact... When Chirs grows up he will understand more! Julie

Dawn Larson   February 8th, 2009 10:04 am ET

How much aid is the US giving Israel annually? I thought I heard former President Carter state that we send Israel $10 million dollars per day! That can't possibly be correct, is it? Nothing would suprise me anymore!

Eleanor   February 8th, 2009 10:08 am ET

I have a lot of respect and admiration for former President
Jimmy Carter
that man has been an advocate and inspiration for hope and peace all his political career with a *nobel peace * prize to back it up
Bush and Cheney made terrorism far worse with the illegal war in Iraq
and their failed foreign policies.I trust Pres Obama and Hillary will strive for the same! you can keep the country safe and do that at the same time without spewing hate and vitriol

*The world could do with more *Jimmy Carters* if we ever hope to achieve peace on this planet
not so long ago I wrote a piece in my journal called

**Tears For Mankind**

We as mankind are all united by 195 common threads
These threads woven together
Create this beautiful diverse tapestry,
This wondrous awesome planet, *Earth*
My most fervent hope is one day we will
Open our hearts and minds,to communicate
Rid ourselves of the facade of religious
And ethnic backgrounds,to realize
We are all just simply human beings
Trying to survive and co-exist together
On this vast planet earth
We will join hands
In *Peace, Love and Harmony*
In the final analysis, someone once said
We are all in the same Boat
We shall either row to a peaceful shore
Or sink into a sea of war and despair.

I hope former President Carter will keep striving for what he believes
in harmony fairness and good will and most importantly global peace

Eleanor   February 8th, 2009 10:13 am ET

I meant to make my reference to President Obama and Hillary more clear
I have complete faith they will *both* strive for peace and harmony but yet take a firm stand against terrorist factions!

laila johnston   February 8th, 2009 12:31 pm ET

re mickey rourke interview
Shame on you Larry for your "springeresque" interview of Mickey Rourke Saturday night ! Where was the "accidental" disconnect CNN ? You took the low road.

Bob Sanelli   February 8th, 2009 12:32 pm ET

Chris Jericho would destroy Mickey Rorke in the wrestling ring. Comments by Chris were uncalled for, he should not have been insulted, he is a professional in his own rite. More power to Mickey for understanding and wishing him well.

I believe that Mikey as a former professional boxer could easily take Chris Ross in the boxing ring. Howabout an exhibition bout under amateur rules with all funds going to charity. Now theirs a challenge.

Robert, Collingwood ON, Canada.

Bob Sanelli   February 8th, 2009 12:49 pm ET

Of course the suggestion of a boxing match should have been between Chris Jericho and Mickey Rorke.

Pam Center   February 8th, 2009 1:09 pm ET

Thank you Larry, for sending the emails to Mickey. I wanted to also say to Mickey, that I too understand the love between you and all your dogs. My dachshund /chihuahua (F)and chihuahua(M) had some babies. Would you like another dog?????? Oh by the way, my other dog, pekinguese/terrier (F) and the chihuahua(M) he is the same daddy of the other pups are having more soon. They are a mixture breed, I would only have dogs from the shelter I dont go for all the foo foo stuff. Mickey follow the road God leads you and know that all will be as they should be. I am going to rent, 91/2 weeks to see again. I just loved that movie. I am so looking forward to seeing you more and more. The Best to you. Pam

khar   February 8th, 2009 8:59 pm ET

Well it looks like I was not the only one that thought that Chris Jerricho or whatever is his name was/is a real loser. I have never heard of him but now I want to check out and see who he is and continue to vent my distaste for him and his attitude. He will never in his lifetime be the person Mickey Rourke is. What a LOSER.

Joyce Hall   February 8th, 2009 9:30 pm ET

I thought Rouke was a gentleman and the little show off was a jack. He was rude and crude and needs to grow up. He is all mouth anyway , so consider the source

ed ,vancouver canada   February 8th, 2009 10:03 pm ET

Most people do not care who has control or money when they have a job,food,and a roof over their head.
Things change for the worse when these basic needs are not met, and hate sets in for those who have it and seem to control it,
The people without are targets for manipulators.
If a certain common denominator seems to be in place it creates a
hate for an entire race.
You can not say or do anything as you will be jailed by the same, they control the legal system.
This is what breeds terrorism,genocides and world wars.

Christina   February 8th, 2009 10:32 pm ET

Who does Chris Jericho think he is? It was very obvious that Chris is jealous of Mickey Rourkes talent and that Mickey has the whole package. Mickey is one of the greatest actors of our time, a great boxer, intelligent, stylish, animal lover and sexy. Hey Mickey, I hope you come and visit Australia one day and I can't wait to see you on the big screen again.

Bean   February 9th, 2009 1:22 am ET

Jericho is a no-talent waste of space who is trying to stir the pot to get some publicity for his joke of a career. Kudos to Mr Rourke. Fantastic job in the movie and fantastic job is no playing into the pseudo reverse-psychology that Jericho learned in middle school.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter