CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

January 9, 2009

TGIF Round-Up; Reckless UFO driving edition

Posted: 08:46 AM ET

Check out our morning round-up of some of today's stories and click the links for the full story!

*Hundreds of UFO sightings in Britain – did one even hit a wind turbine?

*Gov. Sarah Palin takes digs at Katie Couric and Tina Fey in a new interview – see the video here!

*Speaking of Alaska – its so cold there right now that planes can't fly.

*Casey Anthony appeared in court thursday for a hearing on "disturbing" images from crime scene.

*The force must be with them? US scientists have learned how to levitate small objects.

*Did you hear that? Mystery roar from deep space is heard but not sure what it was.

*Suze Orman was our guest last night - she had some really good advice you should check out.

*Ever wonder how to be a billionaire sports-team owner?  Here's a good start.

Filed under: Larry King Live • Round-Up

Ruth   January 9th, 2009 9:48 am ET

I saw Suze Orman last night, and I believe that she is trying to help people, but there seems to be, in my opinion, a HUGE contradiction with her.

Her talk about saving money and not using your credit cards make sense but now she has a NEW BOOK OUT!!

Probably 75% of the population cannot AFFORD to buy the book which I assume runs between $20 and $25!!!

Why did she not offer this book in paper back or at a good discount so people will buy it?

It upsets me greatly that she preaches these things and then has a NEW book out to make her get even richer????

She should AT LEAST offer it at a discount or make some sort of amenities. It's only FAIR and it is number one now, so you know she is raking in the money for this.

Vincent Nizzardi   January 9th, 2009 10:13 am ET

Larry Babby, forget about ufo's, what we Americans want to see flying, are elected officials into jail who have, or will be doing wrong while in office. I think I can speak for all Americans when I say we demand that the criminal penalties for those elected officials caught doing wrong while in office, or found to have done wrong in office after they have left office to "TRIPLE". The on;y way we will stop this cycle of corruption, is harsh "MANDATORY" CRIMINAL PENALTIES, which will make them stop and think twice before doing anything wrong . Short of this, we will see more of the same. I strongly suggest we ( All Americans ), begin to voice our opinions on this issue as often as It takes, to get new criminal laws into place for these folks. LETS TALK IT UP !!!!!

P.S. When their caught, stealing Millions / Billions, it's house arrest.
If I go out and steal a loaf of bread for my starving family, and get caught, right to jail. This can not, and will not fly anymore.

Leigh   January 9th, 2009 12:30 pm ET

Regarding Sarah Palin, this goes to show how ridiculous she is. She certainly went along with it during the election and was all about being the good sport. She was even a guest on SNL. After the election Newt Gingrich mentions she should sue SNL, and now she is upset? The woman doesn't even know how to think for herself. I hope to God she is never our president. Can you imagine her being in charge if there is this country is under attack or some other emergency?

Marilyn Lincoln   January 9th, 2009 1:38 pm ET

Dear Larry King

I have a comment for all of us to consider regarding the tradgedy of John , his wife and their daughter who have lost a son and brother named Jett. Send all the condolences you wish along with letters of love. After that do nothing. The family needs to be left alone in peace to read their condolences and feel the love of the entire country who wraps our arms around them and grieves with them. This family certainly does not need flashing cameras and people from the press who keep hounding them and pushing for details on the autopsy etc.
Have a little compassion for a life that has been lost and a family that is devastated. My prayers go out to them that they will be given the space they need in order to heal their broken hearts.

Marilyn Lincoln
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada

joanne from Sudbury ontario canada   January 9th, 2009 2:35 pm ET

Enough with the U.F.O. sightings. Any one with common sense knows their is and has never been any concrete proof that U.F.O 'S EXIST. It is all speculation so therefore let's start reporting on situations with real facts and of importance.

joanne from Sudbury ontario canada   January 9th, 2009 2:41 pm ET

For what reason are the prosecutors not seeking the death penalty against Casey Anthony. An eye for an eye I say...

beverly hogan   January 9th, 2009 2:49 pm ET

NO MONEY FOR BEVIE HUH? I WROTE TO GATES SO MANY TIMES WANTING HIM TO HAVE THE TECH. USED ON ME BY ALQUIDA. WHAT IS IT? CALL ME IN BOOTHBAY HARBOR, BETTER YET, WRITE TO ME. - PLEASE. GOD HELP US ALL. TRILLIONS ON NATIONAL SECURITY AND I TELL AND I WRITE AND I CALL AND I BEG AND NO ONE WILL HELP ME. WHY? THEY ARE AFRAID OF MY STORY. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO GO ON NATIONAL TV AND SHOW YOU THE PHYSICAL EFFECTS OF WHAT THEY DID TO ME IN MY OWN OWNED HOME/CONDO. IT WAS MY FIRST OWNED HOME – BEFORE 2003 I WAS A RENTER. NOTHING I WRITE HAS ANY EFFECT ON ANYONE – NOTHING. (MIX UP EFFECT AND AFFECT-SORRY TO ALL OF YOU HARVARD IDIOTS). I ALREADY GAVE HARVARD YARD A PART OF THE STORY, AS WELL AS THE NYT AND 100'S OF INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE MILITARY – MY DADDY PROUDLY SERVED IN wwii. ok???????????????larry king-is that enough info for anyone to stuff money into a fed-x envelope for bevie????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellen Perr   January 9th, 2009 3:29 pm ET

Does CNN have no information on the MAJOR EARTHQUAKE IN COSTA RICA..... or do they not care? The stories of late are all
RE-HASHING Sarah Palin, her kid(s), Casey, Governor what's-his- face from Illinois, the Pres Elect, the Middle East, etc, AND WE HAVEN'T HEARD ONE NEW ITEM OF CURRENT INTEREST IN AGES!!!! Things happen in other parts of the world that are of extreme interest to folks who may be trying to locate family & friends
elsewhere .... after major events like a 6.1 earthquake!!!!!!

Jerry Schalski PhD   January 9th, 2009 5:08 pm ET

I feel that a stimulus to taxpayers would be the best to help us all.

Take 85 Billion and divide it among the 200 million who are 18 and older.

Homes can be bought, education paid for, no need for unemployment pay, cars will be bought, savings accounts opened, and thus banks would have money to loan.

Now that would be good for a change instead of giving to the top down method.

jd   January 9th, 2009 9:11 pm ET

I am so disappointed to turn on CNN and see Larry King talking about the death of John Travolta's son yet another night. You always hear "reputable" journalists speak about the reluctance to keep stories "going" and justify their reporting as journalism yet they allow it to continue with their reporting. The fact is, John Travolta and Kelly Preston lost their child over a week ago so why does CNN find it necessary, a week later, to prolong the tragedy by continuing to report on a very difficult and private matter.

This type of reporting is way beneath the standard I have come to expect from CNN and if i wanted to continue hearing about the death of Jett Travolta I'd turn on Extra, Inside Edition or Entertainment Tonight.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter