CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

November 12, 2010

Could Larry Be TIME's 2010 Person of the Year?

Posted: 11:30 AM ET

Person of the Year Nominations

TIME asked past TIME 100 honorees whom they would choose for 2010. The nominations are in...

I have an offbeat suggestion. For the last 25 years, Larry King has interviewed heads of state, kings, scoundrels, politicians, scientists and every variety of international figure. On Dec. 16 he will end his 25-year reign as the world's most influential interviewer. I can't think of someone more influential over such a long period of time.

Read more here!

Filed under: Larry King

maggie   November 12th, 2010 3:22 pm ET

Most definitely Larry should be Times 2010 Person Of The Year for the many reasons mentioned and more.We sure are going to miss you and your suspenders Larry! Now if anyone should write a book I hope Larry does.

Joe G. (Illinois)   November 12th, 2010 3:31 pm ET

A little while back, when asked about all those people in uproar and outrage about the Obama Care… Borak Obama said something into the effect:: “They are not representative of society.” In other words to paraphrase: They are just a bunch of disgruntle hooligans. Now.. That would be the Interviewer I nominate. Whether it was Larry King or not.

Jerjol   November 12th, 2010 6:02 pm ET

I like Larry, but Time's man of the year.

C'Mon

Lucy   November 12th, 2010 6:46 pm ET

Larry would be a great choice for Person of the Year. It would honor his work and service to the country.

Matt El Paso Texas!   November 12th, 2010 9:49 pm ET

I thought of my question! Michael Moore, what do you think about the documentary "Michael Moore Hates America"?

Richard Brown   November 12th, 2010 10:21 pm ET

Larry – I like Mike. He has a tremendous gift in reading the pulse of our country. I am very disappointed in his barb at ExxonMobil. I hope that someone corrects his understanding of the wealth transfer from viable companies. .... Richard

pete & mary   November 12th, 2010 10:23 pm ET

Of course, Larry King..he deserves it,,GO GO Larry King !!

pete & mary   November 12th, 2010 10:24 pm ET

Of course Larry King should be honored,,what will we do w/out him...god bless him !

Charles Jones   November 13th, 2010 3:51 pm ET

I cannot imagine not having LKL to watch. He was the best at what he did. I would never miss his show when he had on Bill Maher, Michael Moore, and Jon Stewart.
My favorite of all these was Bill Maher.
Larry made a hard job look so simple!

Monem Shafik   November 13th, 2010 6:05 pm ET

Nov. 13 San Leandro, CA
Dear Larry
I am 83, retired lawyer, following you on radio and TV for more than 25 years...I like your human touches and concern, I was always defending you when some one accuses you of being favoring the jewish, because you are Jew...I my self was accused of favoring them when I was fighting in courts to release their sequesrated assets in Egypt and transfered them to England after Nasser nationalized the suize Canal and Egypt was attcked by UK, France & Israel in1956. DR. Hesham Kamel (49 yrs old)is a professor of computer sience, He became blind when he was 17 yrs old, graduated from Berkeley University, I am presenting him for interview to inspire the unfortunate people who have disability...I am sure this is your mission.
Monem Shafik

Mary Maude Henry   November 14th, 2010 9:04 am ET

Of course, Larry King!!!!!!!!!! What a great idea!!!!
Opening our living rooms to famous and interesting people, Larry has added flavor to our lives in an always gracious and gentle manner . Most interviewers couldn't pull off-too much ego .
We will so miss him.

Claudia, Houston, Tx   November 15th, 2010 2:10 pm ET

Larry King is the King and there's nobody like him. I hope he brings Willie Nelson back again before he leaves. I think Nelson is one of the most interesting people when King sits down with him. Please, please bring him back.

Dick Byrd (former CNN executive producer)   November 15th, 2010 3:02 pm ET

It was early 1985. I was walking down the "back hall" at CNN headquarters one morning when Executive VP Ed Turner (no relation to Ted, said Ed's match books he kept in his office) was almost skipping down the hall and almost clicking his heels in the air. I asked: "Ed...why so happy?" He retorted: "We're getting Larry King!!!!" I responded: "Oh, the guy on the radio late nights. He needs an RCA 77DX microphone on his desk." Ed looked at me and gave me his usual "Byrd, you're crazy" comment and walked away.
About a week later Ed appeared in the newsroom with a pad and pen in hand, asking me: "Byrd, what was that microphone?" I told him the RCA 77 DX....and the rest is history...from the mic on his desk to the background look taken from the microphone's windscreen. Sometimes a brief thought works wonders.

mariam   November 15th, 2010 7:40 pm ET

I really enjoy ur show and have been watching it for 25 years. I think u are a good tv presenter and a real person. You were the only one who covered the death of Michael Jackson on a personal level and gave his fans a chance to express themsleves through your blogs. I genuinly feel you were one of his greatest fans, As for the show its really interesting. I wish you the best.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   November 16th, 2010 3:20 am ET

I am all for it. Larry is King of the talk show.
The title Man of the Year will be the crown of his long career in radio and TV.

SALLY   November 16th, 2010 9:46 am ET

ABSOLUTELY ! HE'S A SWEETHEART! NO ONE CAN REPLACE L KING..NO ONE..HE WILL BE MISSED....

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   November 18th, 2010 6:34 pm ET

Larry King for sure. A beautiful man and he will be missed. Love his manner and that voice. He is irreplaceable.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter