CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

November 10, 2010

In Case You Missed It: Ricky Martin!

Posted: 10:42 AM ET

What is your favorite Ricky Martin song?  Listen to them and weigh in here.

Filed under: Entertainment

susie hernandez   November 10th, 2010 3:31 pm ET

luv u larry i watched ricky martin last night. i think he is the one of most beautiful men in the world. he is so kind when he speakes the words he uses to exspress himself you can just see the beauty in his life. i am a 62 yr old retired woman. i am not gay, and have no gay friends. but if i did and they are anywhere near the person ricky is i would gladly welcome them into my life as friends. i wish ricky the best with his sons and family. luv u susie

christopher weiskoenig. st.gallen switzerland   November 10th, 2010 5:05 pm ET

ricky martin is a very courageous man. his coming out is a great help for the gay community all around the world. I always admired ricky but watching him today coming out on larry live made me cry, it was so overwhelmingly beautiful to hear you say: I'm a gay man. Ricky I love you even more than before. I whished I was living near you, I would treat you and your man to a romantic candel-light dinner in a fancy restaurant. thank you-thank-you-thank-you-thank-you. christopher weiskoenig. st.gallen. switzerland.

kellly   November 10th, 2010 5:43 pm ET

Ricky is really sweet, and cute. He looks in peace with himself

dave w   November 10th, 2010 9:15 pm ET

being tht the supreme court gave bush the election than just gave big bussiness the right to donate to screw the working man whu cares what any judge has to say

james omega of philippines   November 10th, 2010 10:27 pm ET

larry king hit the right but subtle questions to ricky. At least, not offensive ones. Ricky's coming out is gracious, glamorous, and respectable. Though his my favourite eversince I was a kid, I will remain his staunch supporter in all his endeavors. You are right ricky with your decision and always follow your heart..

karen   November 11th, 2010 1:07 am ET

Nice interview, he seems very loving father. My only question is, why sell yourself as a sex symbol to women?

Bria   November 11th, 2010 6:09 am ET

Is it asking for too much? Although I applaude all his efforts mirrored by so many celebrities in making us knowledgeable of the victims, their intervention and support. The real challenge is to make some of these victims part of his immediate family, instead he created his own "perfect family".

Ted   November 11th, 2010 8:16 am ET

I have long suspected that Ricky is from the other side of the river.
However, I don´t care if he is straight or gay, black or white, pink or striped, jewish or moslem,
HE IS A GREAT ARTIST AND WE SHOULD JUDGE HIM BY THAT STANDARD!!!

Jerjol   November 11th, 2010 8:34 am ET

A question for everyone.

Why is it necessary for Ricky Martin to come out and tell everyone that he is GAY

There seems to be an histeria by gay entertainers that coming out will help there careers, while most folks dont care one way or another about their being gay.

WHY WHY WHY???????????????????????????????????

Fr. Marty Kurylowicz   November 11th, 2010 4:39 pm ET

The show with Ricky Martin was excellent. I think that Ricky Martin did so much good for many young people around the world by the way he came out, very thoughtful, informative and real. Larry King as always knows how to interview people on sensitive topics with a sense of realism and understanding. Thank you to you both.

I am Roman Catholic priest and I came out March 1997 specifically because I learned that many kids as young as 4 and 5 years of age know they are different, who grow up gay. Being raised Catholic I know first hand the harm of the Vatican’s unsubstantiated anti-gay teachings has on a child who is growing up gay. It can be quite severe. My hope was and remains to educate people about the facts of human sexuality, as a way to protect kids. I have started the THALAMUS CENTER project to educate and to challenge by way of documentation the unsubstantiated antigay teachings particularly those of the Vatican.

It was most encouraging and validating watching Ricky Martin discuss the issues about growing up gay, coming out, becoming father and being in a relationship.

With all best wishes,
Marty Kurylowicz

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   November 12th, 2010 4:24 am ET

Still love you Ricky although you have broken my heart and millions of others, I mean it still comes as a bit of a shock, but we'll get over it in time I guess. We accept you the way you are. Thank you for being honest with yourself and your feelings, and trying to explain things as best you can. I commend you for that.

We cannot always understand why things happen and who are we to judge another person anyway. I admire and thank you for the valuable humanitarium work that you are doing, to help especially, the less fortunate children in our world. You are doing God's work and making a huge difference in suffering people's lives. God bless you for this Ricky.

You are a great entertainer and may you continue with your career. Your orientation should not change the person you are. I can understand why you had to wait before you were ready to tell us all, because of the impact it could have had on your career, etc. It is not an easy thing.

May you continue to find happiness in your life and with your beautiful twin boys. .

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   November 12th, 2010 5:42 am ET

Sorry, I forgot to add my favourite Ricky Martin song, which is "Livin' La Vida Loca" and I also like "She Bangs". He sounds more sexy singing in Spanish. Yeah!

Pat Kelly   November 12th, 2010 9:42 pm ET

Mr. Moore,

What portion of a persons income should they give to charity?

Linda   November 16th, 2010 3:14 pm ET

Loved the interview Ricky did with Larry! Ricky congrats on coming full circle. It takes courage to come out, especially when one is such a public figure. Your decision to be a father, to write your story to come out and be proud of who you are wow so incredible! You are an inspiration to many
people. Continue to be true to yourself and everything else will fall into place. God Bless you and your beautiful boys.

Linda S.

Comments have been closed for this article
Previous article:
Next article:

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter