CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

October 13, 2010

Sneak Peek: George Clooney!

Posted: 06:21 PM ET

Watch Larry's interview with George Clooney THURSDAY NIGHT!

Filed under: Larry King Live

Domingo Lamazares   October 13th, 2010 6:53 pm ET

Hello Larry, just a note to thank you and CNN for the wonderful coverage of the Chilliean Miners Rescue Operation for complete television coverage, I must tell you that my wife and I were up into the early hours today wednesday staying on top of the rescue operation in Chile on CNN.

Again our thanks for West Palm Beach, Florida

Dave Breitung   October 13th, 2010 8:06 pm ET

Much has been said about the Chilean Mine Site Safety
precautions: but did they/ do they check the "O2" content of the air
by using Electronics, or , DOVES?

IFDOVES, are they being removed, too? Hopefully, so, in a
humaine sence?
Interesting thought, , isn't it?
Thanks,
Dave

Paul Wolfe   October 13th, 2010 9:13 pm ET

Larry in thinking about any thing like this one thing comes to mind, the time in Texas that young little girl fell in a well(?) I remeber evertone watching and the great feeling when they got her out. Of course it can not compare to what we have seen today but is some thing I will not forget.

Tracy Brown   October 13th, 2010 9:49 pm ET

Larry,

Please let Michael Moore know that the hole that was drilled to rescue the Chilean miners was drilled by Americans not the Chilean government. Also the BP blowout in the gulf was a totally different problem and operation. Thank you for the continued coverage of the miners rescue.

Tracy

Kholisile nashwa   October 14th, 2010 1:50 am ET

Good Job Gorge!

Manideepa Patnaik   October 14th, 2010 8:12 am ET

George Clooney- It is undoubtedly true that USA is the most generous country in the world when it comes to attending to humanitarian need. You spend billions and billions of dollars in various nations. But do you know enough about those nations? If there is a third world war, how many nations are you getting and how much money would you be in need to buy nations at that time, have you calculated? ENOUGH! You still think the world is great and those who help get great returns? Manideepa

Didi   October 14th, 2010 9:36 pm ET

America needs to get its own act together. What with unemployment, the economy, the Afghan war, drug wars, border security, just to name a few. George why don't you go to the Pope for help?

Peter Magai Bul   October 14th, 2010 9:41 pm ET

Thank Larry King for dedicating your today's show to my native country of Sudan. And thanks to my very good friend John Prendergast and George Clooney for this unforgettable work. Keep up the good work. I look forward to meet you at any time soon. John and George, I will soon invite you back to Chicago if your time permits.

Peter Magai Bul
Chicago, IL

Nyiel Dot Duoi   October 14th, 2010 10:34 pm ET

Hello Larry King, Thanks you for hosting this special panel, paneled by two most respected individual John Prendergast and George Clooney. I wish you have time to aired out another panel discussion between two group of referendum that coming up in January 9 2011. Whether Sudan remain united or split into two nations. We the group known as "Separatist" are compaigning for independent south in January while group known as "Unionist are compaigning even on some television nowadays that Sudan should not be split.
This is heated debate among the Sudanese in diaspora and back home. I am now with my group compaigning for "Yes" for separation and "No" for unity while our oppenents oppose that. I am one of group who suffer alot during 21 years of Sudan's civil war between South and the North. I was 7 years old when I left Sudan and in 2001, I was resettle here to USA as per United Nation (UN) programe of lost Boys and lost girls of Sudan.
Now student and resident of Des Moine, Iowa.

Nyiel Dot Duoi Des Moines, Iowa.

Makur A. Gang   October 15th, 2010 7:54 pm ET

Hi Larry King, thank you much indeed for your grateful hosting the important event discussion of last night; between the two greatest Americans, citizens, John Prendergast, and George Clooney, who was visited the Southren Sudan people and the people of Defur situations. Moreover, John & George you are in right track the God Holy mighty, will support you with power; and world community will support you with a right of innocent people who have been dying in the daily bases in the Sudan. I,m living here today in United States as a lost boy of the Sudan who was been effecting by the civil war in the Sudan. however, I experienced the fear of war for more than two decades.It has become an abscess for me in my life as lost boys" refer to those children who ran away from the civil war in the Sudan; some as young as seven years old. These" lost boys" were so desperate to leave Southern Sudan that they risked their lives in crossing the borders of neighboring African countries,although it was illegal without the necessary documents. The government could and should have taken a path of proper governance to prevent all the sudanese from being scattered around the whole world today. during the civil war, I suffered many losses and difficulties. I was fully devasted when I lost those closest to me: members of my immediate family, other relatives and my close friends.First, my dad was persecuted in the school as primary school instructor.Early one morning in 1983,at the beginning of the war, in the Yirol district in Southern Sudan, my father was killed by the governent militia.Additionally, my mother died of an unknown disease, due to the lack of treatment from chronic starvation, although, I did not learn of her death until 2007. John & George. To conclude Southern Sudan have to be independent Nation in order to safe the lifes. John & George, including Larry King I Love y,ll. May God bless you and bless America.

Thank you for your Action.

Makur A. Gang, from Amarillo, TX

Joe Kane   October 17th, 2010 5:05 am ET

Do you think that if there was oil in Sudan we might have paid more attention to the suffering in the Sudan?

Kuol Atem Kuol Ageer   October 22nd, 2010 7:01 am ET

Thank you both Geroge Clooney and John Prendergast for what you are doing to high light the problems of the Sudan to the whole world particularly what will happen on january 9th,2011,to Southern Sudanese people. I hope at this defining moment the Southern Sudanese will be free like other nations who are enjoying the fruits of their freedom.And it will only happened if the international community put a lot of pressure on Khartoum.
Thank you George and John.
Kuol Atem Kuol Ageer,from Brisbane city,Queensland,Australia.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter