CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

October 5, 2010

Tonight on Larry King Live!

Posted: 07:00 PM ET

Liza Minnelli for the Hour!

Start spreading the news!

Liza Minnelli joins Larry

for her Larry King Live finale.

The legendary entertainer opens up about her

infamous marriages, mistakes and moving on.

We want to hear from you!!

What is YOUR favorite Liza movie?

Filed under: Entertainment

christina   October 5th, 2010 7:55 pm ET

love love love liza!!!!! was to see her last week in portland, me. and was heartbroken when it was canceled we had second row!!!! she became sick suddenly and hope she is okay she is a huge part of my life and even got to talk to her on hsn in june. seeing her at symphony hall in boston but seats are mostly gone (was saving up for portland)but i just will enjoy being there anyways love her no matter what! i am grateful for all the joy and fun she brings to me.

Deron   October 5th, 2010 9:07 pm ET

I'm a member of Liza's Facebook group.
Liza, loved seeing you on Law & Order: CI and Arrested Development. Are you going to do any more television?

Tom   October 5th, 2010 9:09 pm ET

I was in medical training in NYC when I was on the team helping care for Mrs. Minnelli after a knee injury and complications from surgery outside the US. I can tell you she was absolutely a fantastic patient and genuine person. She was kind and polite to us all. She had no arrogance or entitlement. I was honored to care for such a good person. Best of luck to her whatever she does.

Mitchell Schuller   October 5th, 2010 9:10 pm ET

I know everyone mainly chooses the obvious in Cabaret. But, I truly loved Liza in The Sterile Cuckoo. Brilliant. And if she really is to do Sunset Boulevard then I think that too sucks as a remake. Arthur remake ? Now this ? Stop remaking classic movies. You really can't think of something new ?

Norm McMahon   October 5th, 2010 9:11 pm ET

Hi Larry; This message is for Liza;;; I was a pilot for her out of Vegas many years ago. Recently saw her in Vancouver Canada, Still is AWESOME..... Regards; Norm

Karman   October 5th, 2010 9:11 pm ET

WOW!!! This is the best I have sen Liza in like forever!!! She does not look her age at all !!! What has she done to keep herself looking sooo young,,, it can not be all plastic because it does not look plastic at all!!!

Mitchell Schuller   October 5th, 2010 9:13 pm ET

Was great back in like 1992. I was living in Atlanta working for a radio station. Liza was in town and signing her newest CD at Turtles Records. I was sitting with her and at the time was trying to quit smoking. She had a cigarette and I said, "wow, that smells so divine." She looked up, winked and said, well here's to the divine scent and blew that smoke in my face. Loved that.

Patricia   October 5th, 2010 9:15 pm ET

Hi Liza,
I love you so much Liza thank you for helping me go through
the hardest times of my life. My dad had just died, it was your
movie Arthur that pulled me through.
It made me laugh and forget the pain.
God bless you Liza.
Love you,
Pat

Nicole   October 5th, 2010 9:22 pm ET

Liza you look beyond amazing!
Confessions is amazing as is Billy Stritch on that piano!
Confessions is going to put another Grammy on your shelf!
I saw you for the first time in June in St.Louis, I will remember that night the rest of my life (I'm 26 & I have loved you since I was 11!). You are in a class alone and thank you for sharing your HALCYON talent with us!

pat   October 5th, 2010 9:26 pm ET

Hey Larry-

Did you know that Liza does the best rendition of the song "New York, New York" than anyone!!

Mitchell Schuller   October 5th, 2010 9:29 pm ET

Does Liza have a Twitter account ? I only wonder because I started following and they are following me back, but I don't think it's her. (kade6767)

Karen Gerbig   October 5th, 2010 9:31 pm ET

What do you think about a film inspired by the concert you and your mother did at the London Palladium together in 1964?

meret   October 5th, 2010 9:31 pm ET

Lisa has never looked better and girl you rocked that song in Sex in the City 2! Beyonce watch out!

Laura Camuti   October 5th, 2010 9:36 pm ET

Liza,

Finally got to see you at the London Coliseum in 2008 and loved it!

Would you say a few words of remembrance about Peter Sellers, who died 30 years ago this July?

Keep on going strong...we love you!

Steve   October 5th, 2010 9:45 pm ET

My favorite Liza moment was when she appeared on 'Arrested Development'. I thought when she was on those episodes she was the star. What did you think of that experience?

We love you!!!

Donna   October 5th, 2010 9:48 pm ET

Liza looks great. Her voice seems shaky to me.....I hope she is in good health.

Lea Colley Perez   October 5th, 2010 10:03 pm ET

Hi Liza,

I was the camera girl at the Deauville Hotel when you were appearing there.
I brough my 2 year old son backstage to have a picture with you
and you were the sweetest star I ever met.
Your nightly shows were spectaular.
I had no idea what a legend you would become , I just knew you were fantastic and special. And super nice to me.

I followed you carreer thru the years, and feel so proud that I met you and watched you grow and mature.
You don't me, but I love you.
Thanks for all the great experiences you brought into my life.
Best of luck to you, Lea Colley Perez

Gloria   October 5th, 2010 10:08 pm ET

Liza should have been the next American Idol judge,

She is adorable considering all she has been through, Larry maybe an older woman would be what you should consideI

I Love you Larry but Liza is looking Great!!!

Mona Terrell   October 6th, 2010 12:31 am ET

Confessions – Fond memories of it from my aunt, the inimitable, late jazz great Shirley Horn who recorded it in 1965. Liza would have been 19. I wonder if the recording she heard was Shirley's. Check it out on the Trav'lin Light album.

Seth   October 6th, 2010 12:38 am ET

My favorite Liza movie is Martin Scorsese's "New York New York–" Simply exquisite!

Gayle Terry   October 6th, 2010 3:51 am ET

At Last.

I am

Old enough to appreciate Tommy Dorsey thanks to my astute parents, and young enough to appreciate Beyonce Knowles and her rendition for the President and First Lady at one of many Inaugural Balls.

Why are the two of you discussing this song without one mention of Etta James?

Any reason not to acknowlege the true "songstress"of this song?

Judy   October 6th, 2010 5:18 am ET

I miss Judy Garland...she's been my role model even since I was 10...and now I'm 24. Do you think of her? When I hear her songs, I hear her soul.

diana lynne white   October 6th, 2010 6:01 am ET

hi liza

my name is diana white ..what i have heard all my life is that ur mothers name originally was gumm .. she was t he cousin of my father john gumm, the family was from missouri and oklahoma...

it would b wonderful if this were true and we were cousins....

love to here from u if u like...diana white..married3 times myself...i live in egypt...regards

pbsd2010   October 6th, 2010 3:02 pm ET

Liza
Always enjoy your performances. You are gifted beyond belief and you have a delightful sense of humor which helps to heal during economic stressful times.
PBSD

robert butts   October 6th, 2010 9:56 pm ET

living here in melbourne florida you would think it,s a hick town–i have seen you twice at the king center–not a seat to be had–the majic poured out of you and into the eniter theather which many perfromers can not accomplish–i have watched you since i was 12 i am 45 now and yes caberet was great–but it was the paring of you and robert de niro which absoultly blew me away and still does-liza with a z–i mean you and bob fosse now thats insane-thro your good times and bad i along with so many have stood by you–never left–your mother judy garland looks down at you from heaven and probably has said many times over–thats the WAY to do it kiddo–some lose their sense of direction as they get older–but you my wonderfull liza–you just keep getting better and better–way to go–amd btw loved you in THE ACT pn broadway esp when you stopped the show with CITY LIGHTS–keeep on keeping on liza–where right there on the journey with you-a proud fan here–robert d butts

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter