CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 11, 2010

ICYMI: Rangel doesn't plan on stepping down

Posted: 10:35 AM ET
Cajazz76:24:8   August 11th, 2010 12:42 pm ET

What has Charlie 'Chaplain' Rangel waddled into now? After 40 years of wrangling votes, the pragmatic Prince of Harlem is becoming idealistic in his seniority and wealthy in his senility. Seems like history may repeat itself and find Charlie losing the helm to the son of his first political demagogue. Those Powell boys were either destined for the pulpit or politics..Powell IVth...damn I am getting older and Charlie is not getting any wiser, but he has to do what he thinks is right and just for himself, constituents should never be a part of any political decision. I like the way Congress polices itself...commit a crime and we'll hug you until it hurts or you piss your pants from laughter. If the crime is grievous enough, they buy you a house in the Bahamas and imprison you on the island. If Charlie forgets to pay his taxes again, his Dominican residence will be moved to Haiti and turned into either a church or a whorehouse. Charlie gets to choose, Harlem gets to snooze, and taxpayer's only lose, and Congress stays aboard the cruise. WHAT A CONGRESS !!!

Cheryl Garcia   August 11th, 2010 7:45 pm ET

Mr.King, Have been listening to you on the news about SS for US SENIORS. We all paid into the S.S. & Medicare.All seniors depend on that income.We are all very disappointed in the President OF The US. So far he is the worst president we have elected. Something needs to be done about health care and also the nations DEBT.The Ex-vice president's son Mr.Quail of Arizona, hit it right on the head. We are all for him!!!!!!!!! From what I just heard was it was bad for his family and all the Seniors are for him. Go Mr.Quail.Maybe some of us can help in Washington so the children growing up can have something. We are here to help.

Cajazz76:24:8   August 11th, 2010 10:12 pm ET

Cheryl Garcia

Son of political genius, former Vice-President Dan Quayle (R), Ben, (R) is running for U.S. Congress vacated post in Arizona and stated President Obama is "the worst president ever". This ' Teabagger ' is high on peyote buttons and only proves the 'potatoe' rots close to the roots.

"Nik Richie, thedirty.com's creator, alleges that Ben Quayle helped launch the company and wrote a series of blog posts under the name Brock Landers (name taken from a fictional character in the film Boogie Nights. Quayle responded by claiming he cannot remember what he wrote on the blog after first lying that he had not written anything at all. He later claimed he was "just trying to drive traffic" to the website"..-Wikipedia..lmao

You watch wayyyyyyyyy too much FOX NEWS...how obvious!!!

Cajazz76:24:8   August 11th, 2010 10:26 pm ET

Cheryl Garcia

I am neither a politician nor a mathematician, but I certainly know that poop plus eight (8) years of Cheney-Bush is your cause for consternation, not the efforts of President Obama to unravel the near destruction of everything you paid into Social Security and the rest of the economy, as well. You think he is a magician that can turn that poop into rose petals? Dial 911 and ask for a god, you need a bit of cool air and a cold drink of water to alleviate your heated passions for diseased sublimity. If you need a part-time job go to Walmart and get a sales position for the fall line of Miguel-hair sweaters due out this fall in Florida and Arizona...

Donald L Allen   August 12th, 2010 4:11 pm ET

tell My Love christian I said I love here to and I hop to see here soon we well have a life of or own we well be richer then she well every Believe it My Babe I love you and you no I,M tri I just want to have a chance to Be in Love with here and you no it true see you my Love I'm your,s four every see you Later on the chow well begin Now see you I said dunk right see you

Lucy   August 12th, 2010 4:30 pm ET

The US public has lost nearly all confidence in Congress.

Too many are in it for themselves. They care first about raising money for their next campaign. Doing what is right is at the bottom of their priorities.

While I wouldn't want to cap the age for members of Congress, I think we could do with fewer in the 80s. No one gets elected in his/her 80's.

I like Charlie Rangel and think he's done much good. But, I don't doubt for one minute that he's broken ethical rules (along with many, many others in Congress).

I wish he'd graciously retire.

Kathie   August 12th, 2010 10:32 pm ET

With arrogant people in Congress who are incapable of admitting any wrong doing and who have forgotten they are supposed to represent the people not themselves and their special interests no wonder the approval of Congress is at record lows!

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter