CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 9, 2010

Tonight on Larry King Live!

Posted: 07:00 PM ET

Comedienne, TV host and best selling author CHELSEA HANDLER has had it with cheaters! Jesse James, Tiger Woods better wake up and watch out! Chelsea Handler's on the warpath!

She’s got a new book out and will give her take on everything from Jay and Conan to this season of ‘Dancing with the Stars’!

We want to hear from you!

Do you think sex addiction is real disease? Or is it just an excuse for bad behavior?

TAKE OUR POLL: DO COMEDIANS GO TOO FAR?

Filed under: Entertainment • Larry King Live

A. Smith, Oregon   April 1st, 2010 7:41 pm ET

Sex addiction in my opinion is an EXCUSE for bad behavior by a married spouse in a closed marriage relationship which they view is unsatisfying and likely failing to completely engage them with.

Lately, Sex Addiction appears to be Hollywood's response to sagging ratings and a sagging celebrity's walk to fame. It used to be 'drug rehab' now that is so passe' its to much of a yawn. Now its celebrity Sex Addiction. Wasn't that called Nymphomania yesterday? With STD's (Sexual Transmitted Diseases) that have developed a marked resistance to ordinary treatments, it should be called 'Russian roulette'.

Joe G. (Illinois)   April 1st, 2010 7:47 pm ET

Science and modern medicine says that addictions and self-defeating compulsory habits are diseases rooted into one’s own DNA and most often passed down from one generation to the next. I don’t dispute that.. I only add that they are also nothing more than sins. And those Jesus Christ can get rid of in an instant if people just let him.

M in Virginia   April 1st, 2010 9:13 pm ET

Larry,

There is no such thing as sex addiction....it all boils down to man not having any self respect or self control! If they were single they'd just be considered a lady's man. They enter rehab because they're sorry they got caught and to save face....not sorry that they HURT the ones they claim to love so much!!

michael armstrong sr.   April 1st, 2010 9:14 pm ET

Larry that chick is toooo much for you .

Marc   April 1st, 2010 9:15 pm ET

Larry, why not bring in Kate??? I'd watch kate vs chelsea!

Donna D.   April 1st, 2010 9:15 pm ET

If there really is such a thing as sex addiction, I sure wish people wouldnt get married in the first place, or at least divorce the poor innocent spouse before you act out on it...... How about just a little decency?? I think they betrayal is the worst part of it.

Raoul Duke   April 1st, 2010 9:19 pm ET

People Should own up to there mistakes instead of placing blame on Addiction

John Mark Miller   April 1st, 2010 9:20 pm ET

Come on you guys, have a heart! Yes sex addiction is a disease! One can become addicted to anything. Addiction happens when the brain becomes hard wired to perpetuate any substance or activity in a way that is similar to food procurement or water or any necessary activity or substance required for survival. This "firmware" for the brain is what makes us so versatile. Many activities have adopted by humans in order to stay alive. Humans of thousands of years ago had to hunt, cultivate and defend their families in order to stay alive. The world has changed and this function is what allows us to adapt and change with it.
Jesse James should be allowed to do whatever he needs to in order to save his family. We all make mistakes. You who are sinless may cast the first stone.
John Mark Miller

michael armstrong sr.   April 1st, 2010 9:21 pm ET

Chelsea if I was 20 yrs. younger and didnt fear death I would date you .

Linda in Arizona   April 1st, 2010 9:22 pm ET

I didn't know who Chelsea Handler was until this show because I don't get E. I'd heard the name, but that's all. Just want to say, I LOVE HER! She's smart, decent, and very, very funny. Also pretty. I am a new fan. Thanks for having this great guest.

BTW, I am in total agreement with Chelsea about reality shows which I NEVER watch. And I'm not even slightly fascinated with women who have too many children on purpose. I have NO interest in Kate Gosling. NONE.
Anyway, Chelsea, fellow Piscean, you ROCK!

Hey Larry, you going to be DJ in a bordello later? I AM talking about the RED SATIN accessories. WOWSER!

joan   April 1st, 2010 9:23 pm ET

I believe that sex addiction is not a disease. I love having sex all the time, its a natural thing to do For those that say it's a disease, that is their problem. I don't need rehab nor will I let a doctor benefit or take money from me because I have a sex addiction. That's my opinion.

Marc   April 1st, 2010 9:23 pm ET

No offense, but the "people" around you on your show kind of ruin it... You're funny but I have to turn the channel once I hear the annoying giggles from around your desk.

Stacey   April 1st, 2010 9:25 pm ET

Chelsea is one of the most intelligent comedians out there today. She always brings a refreshing side to things that are honest and funny at the same time. She gets you to see the true perspective, not the glamorized side of Hollywood. Always a fan!

Sandy   April 1st, 2010 9:28 pm ET

On Sex Addiction: It is very real and very serious. I am a victim of a stalker (former boyfriend) who became addicted to sex and I have been dealing with it for 3 years. He is now being prosecuted for the crimes he committed against me but I went through blackmail, stalking, harrassing, rape and very cruel behavior by him. His addiction was an affect of his Bipolar Disorder.

Amy Minor   April 1st, 2010 9:30 pm ET

I really like Sandra Bullock, have seen all of her movies and think she is absolutely adorable and very intelligent but she just fell in love with the wrong guy. Jesse James is like one of those wild animals that people think they can raise from birth, domesticate them, change them, make them their "pet." Like that CRAZY woman with the chimp that destroyed her friend. You CANNOT take the wild out of them just like you can't change the wild bad boy. Jesse BLEW it, he had a great thing going and just could not handle it.

M in Virginia   April 1st, 2010 9:32 pm ET

no one said anything about being sinless because no one is. It's our opinion about it. Realize there can addiction to things, but to say that they had an affair because they're addicted is just ridiculous. If Jesse James didn't want to or "couldn't" being in a commited monogamous relationship then he shouldn't have gotten married to Sandra. Nor should he have taken vows to keep himself only unto Sandra. People need to quit looking for excuses and take responsibility...simple!

michael armstrong sr.   April 1st, 2010 9:33 pm ET

Larry you had better run .

Marc   April 1st, 2010 9:38 pm ET

Hollywoods next train wreck? I dont know about the next one but I'm expecting to see Disney's Miley Cyrus parralel Britney Spears' career....

Linda in Arizona   April 1st, 2010 9:39 pm ET

Yeah, Larry, we all want to have babies. Lots of screaming, squalling, pooping babies. All women. It's an "instinct" . Except a lot of us don't, okay?

Jody   April 1st, 2010 9:42 pm ET

Sex addiction is a made up condition, not to be confused with criminal sex offenders. for Hollywood and the sports world so people will have a reason to forgive the indiscretions of those celebrities that the public idolize. This is actually a genius marketing ploy. The marketing dollars of these “brands” are too important to the corporations that back them, now they have an easy way out. Send your guy to a luxury rehab facility and presto, he is cured and forgiven by the public.

M in Virginia   April 1st, 2010 9:43 pm ET

I'd thought twice about staying with Jesse James especially after posing as Hitler, a man who murdered thousands of innocent people! That's sick...not funny!!!

michael armstrong sr.   April 1st, 2010 9:45 pm ET

How about Obama taking so long to make decisions hows your thoughts on that .

Alicia Fieldings   April 1st, 2010 9:48 pm ET

Larry This Sex addiction is not a addiction as much as a possession. We have gotten sooooo far away from spiritual issues we don't remember that their are demons that will occupy a soul and will destroy your life by any means necessary.

Linda in Arizona   April 1st, 2010 9:53 pm ET

Wow, Mr. Krishnan will have my vote. What a great hero and a vital lifeline for so many destitute people, destitute in a way we can't even imagine here in the land of plenty.

michael armstrong sr.   April 1st, 2010 9:59 pm ET

And Jim Carries God .

Doug   April 1st, 2010 11:16 pm ET

Chelsea,Show went great

G. Smith   April 2nd, 2010 12:18 am ET

Ps Thank you Larry for having this on your show. I really hope it changes at least a few minds...

bill   April 2nd, 2010 12:18 am ET

kate gosselin needs to be put over somebody knees and spanked.the world doesnt revolve around her an dis a little hyopcrtical that she can do anything to make money(and stole jons)an dhe cant do a thing come on people wake no body told her to ahve all her childreen she octomom ahve a ot in common

Marci   April 2nd, 2010 12:22 am ET

I am the wife of a sex addict who has been in recovery for 4 years. The journey has been long and filled with more questions than answers. Watching LKL a few years ago we saw RobWeiss who runs the rehabilitation center my husband attended. My husband learned the basics behind the disorder and together we have learned how abuse in both our backgrounds have led to us being together. I have learned that you never speak in absolutes because I was heading for divorce when all this came to light. I sought to understand for my own peace and can say we are still together. He attends 4 – 12 step meetings per week, we both see personal therapists and we see a marriage counselor. This is a disorder that has much stigma and little public support. The last few months have thrown it into the spotlight. I cannot imagine having to go through this amount of pain and shame in the world of paparazzi. Before you judge, seek to learn. This is one way addicts cope with their personal pain. It is not an easy addiction.

John   April 2nd, 2010 12:24 am ET

Larry,
I'm a fan of Larry King and have seen Chealsea's show before. I am am a proud Asian american man and take offense of what Chealsea said about " will not marry an Asian man" weather she is joking or not this should be percieved as a racist coment. I wonder what the world would say if she would have refered to a Black, Latino or Jewish man?

Jeena   April 2nd, 2010 12:25 am ET

I think the answer is neither. It is what it is... an addiction, not a disease, nor an excuse for a behavior.

G. Smith   April 2nd, 2010 12:26 am ET

Thank you Marci, I am an addict.. I am not a celebrity looking for sympathy. I wish you and your husband nothing but the best. Stick by him, that means more then you know.

Carleton Davis III   April 2nd, 2010 12:27 am ET

Heroin and Alcohol is an addiction. If one quits, one may die as a result of withdrawal. Not having sex every opportunity one may have, will not kill you.
I like to write with gel ink pens. Does that mean I have a gel ink addiction ? A lack of restraint of any kind is not an addiction.
There is a major difference between a habit and an addiction.
Sex addiction is just an excuse, and nothing more. Its a cheap way out of accepting responsibility for ones on misconduct .

Daniel   April 2nd, 2010 12:28 am ET

It is sad that sex addiction has been used as a way to cover up bad behaviour. Sex addiction is a disease, just like other addictions, alcoholism, even depression. Due to true hormonal and chemical imbalances. If you don't really suffer from any of the above, feel blessed, if you think any of them are jokes you are being very ignorent. However it does seem that "sex addiction" may now be used by some just for seeking public foregiveness.

Celeste Almanza   April 2nd, 2010 12:33 am ET

I think the "sex addiction" is just an excuse for bad behavior. I think that celebrities only use that excuse when they get caught. Of course that's just my opinion. In Tiger's case he was stupid to cheat on his wife, but that's the chance he took and he got caught. I'm sure his wife can see that he is just using sex addiction as an excuse, but of course she'll stand by him just like Vanessa and Kobe, and every other celebrity. They use the sex addiction and the rehabs just to make themselves look good in the media and hope their wives forgive them. Maybe Tiger Woods should buy his wife a big expensive gift like Kobe did......Ha ha.....

leisa aquinas   April 2nd, 2010 12:36 am ET

i agree the bugget is cute but you need a hottie too and your talent is thick....consider yourself incredible...you are.

Carleton Davis III   April 2nd, 2010 12:41 am ET

Why is it supposed sex addicts admit to having a problem after they've been caught ? How many of them actually tell their spouses long prior to any form of relationship with another ?

jack   April 2nd, 2010 12:45 am ET

Is it just me, or does Chelsea seem to have crossed the line from cofident to arrogant? Anyhow , she does grow wearisome....zzzzzzzz

jack   April 2nd, 2010 12:51 am ET

I suspect that rather than putting a label of addiction to it (psychiatric model), or calling it sin (religious model) we should just call it a natural phenomenon. Apply the same process to the spectrum of sexual interest that we do to all other human activities. It is a spectrum , ranging from people with a astonsihing libido all the way down to people who have little or no interest in sex. This attribution of a natural higher level of various activities as being "addictive" only serves to enrich clever social scientists, who make big bucks from that system. Sure , it is obvious that people can over do certain things to their own detriment, but this is not addiction, it is simply people operating within the parameters of natural human activity. It has ever been thus, and to set up a quantitative system that assigns negative labels to what some people may deem abnormal, simply opens the door to dehumanization and a potential police state. Don't allow them to label you. Keep your dignity as a human being.

jack   April 2nd, 2010 12:56 am ET

@John...Pay no attention to her. It is obvious she is full of herself.

Barry Boucher   April 2nd, 2010 12:57 am ET

We are being inundated with married celebs claiming sex addiction and going off to rehab. Give me a break! These men need to admit that they are not addicts, but selfish little boys in men's bodies who want everything they see, without being responsible for their actions. When caught and facing the consequences from their spouse, they shift the blame to an addiction, rather than acknowledge their own decisions to engage in unacceptable behavior. Their selfish ways put their spouse and family at risk for life altering sexually transmitted disease not to mention the potential loss of their marriage and family.

jack   April 2nd, 2010 12:59 am ET

@michael armstrong sr. ...Ha Ha we might have a heart attack if we got within twenty paces of her. Like you said, Larry better watch out.

jack   April 2nd, 2010 1:02 am ET

Larry , better slow down , hanging out with the Dogg and now a playboy model. Next week maybe, interview Bill Bennet or Karl Rove. No worry about them getting anyone excited.

Janetta   April 2nd, 2010 1:20 am ET

Chelsea Handler SUX! She's not funny. What gives her the right to judge mothers of 8, she isn't a mother. She isn't even sure how many nieces and nephews she has, is it 8? is it 9? She doesn't like redhaired men or asian men, but she does like "fat" people and "little" people. Who cares what she likes? And she will never go from "junior high" to "high school". She isn't Conan, she should probably renew her contract with Chelsea Lately. She's not funny, just rude.

Tameka   April 2nd, 2010 3:14 am ET

I inderstand that america probably has had it with cheaters, but the bottom line is people cheat sometimes. Tiger and Jesse aren't the first husbands to cheat and they won't be the last, I am so sick of hearing about these guys all the time. They suck, so what. Now today I saw something that says that Tiger paid mistress #1 like 10 million dollars, for what. He has already lost his family, who gives a hoot what she has to say, she's a homewrecker, why pay her for it. I am just sick of the whole thing, we praise the guy for his golf game, who cares what he does in his bedroom, I don't......Please find something else to plaque the news with cause I am sick of Tiger and Jesse.

Ray Gordon   April 2nd, 2010 3:16 am ET

Men aren't getting hornier, women are getting sluttier, and accumulating ridiculous amounts of power with looks, at the expense of men.

Sex-addiction is fueled by women, who want men to remain hooked, because without it, the Rachel Uchitels of the world would be hauling garbage. If men went "on strike" and just refused to give money to women based on looks at all ("don't feed the hotties"), they would retain power, and the women would get desperate to the point of prostitution. This already happens in recessions, and the bailout money is working its way to women through strip clubs, marriage, dating, and so on.

How many omre times are we going to see some woman who got where she is on looks brag about what a great life she has? Whatever you cqall it, it's not truth. The fact is, men can live a LOT longer without sex than women can live without mone. Women have done to this country with sexuality what Pablo Escobar did to Columbia with drugs: corruption of all levels of government, media, and even the workplace. Pretty women get wealthy as predictably as drug-dealers, while the rest of us have to scrape by on little leftover opportunity.

How did the hot chicks get all the internet jobs if the guys were online ten years before them? Why are you even BOTHERING to come online if you have a TV show? Why is YOUR website any smarter than mine? Ditribution is not intelligence, and looks is an accomplishment only for an adult entertainer or a prositute.

Women are TEASES to the point where we dismiss it as normal behavior. The more sexually liberated we become as a nation, the more bankrupt we become, mostly because women are siphoning off incredible amounts of unearned wealth, that is then squandered, and often they motivate men to commit crimes against society, so they can personally benefit, i.e., afford a golddigger, prostitute, or whatever. Marty Frankel ring a bell?

eric vrban   April 2nd, 2010 3:21 am ET

sex addiction is a made up addiction. Tiger, Jessie, me, etc., just like to have sex with different woman. 99% of men would love to be able to have sex with many women whenever they want to. Let them enjoy themselves. Tiger's career will go downhill if he stays with one woman.

Lori Benedetto   April 2nd, 2010 3:22 am ET

Yes, I was a former spouse of a sex addict. It is a terrible illness. It is not about the number of sexual conquests, but the HIGH from the orgasm–it DOES have a chemical reaction to the receptors in the brain–just like heroin or any other drug. Sex addicts constantly search for the next high–over and over. It is very difficult to overcome this disease–it takes many years of treatment and not only does it take a toll on the spouse but the children too. It is not the disease of the rich and famous, but people from all walks of life. This is not a joke and should not be dismissed like the guests on your show described (e.g.) Tiger Woods–money, fame, etc. It just makes the access even easier with a wider selection of sexual activity. I would suggest the guest Therapists on your show go back to school and further their education regarding this illness and research the functions of the brain/addiction.

Marisa Malone   April 2nd, 2010 3:32 am ET

I am watching because of Chelsea!
She is so refreshing!
Larry! You seem so out of it interviewing her.
It seems, Mr. king, small k on purpose, you are not getting her, nor are you really trying.

tony malone   April 2nd, 2010 4:10 am ET

No sexual addiction is another big lie that will hurt people instead of helping them. I bought into the addiction thing when I started having problems due to choosing an unsustainable lifestyle. I admit it was a comfort knowing I was not a bad person but a siick person. The only problem was it was just a cop out and the addiction industry helped me waste most of my life. Once I really got honest and took responcibility for my actions I GOT MY LIFE BACK. I find it ironic that the main concept in recovery is honesty. I have been a happy person that had to pay for some bad decisions for seven years. Before I finally decided I was just acting like a child and allowing the tax payers to pay for about 13 treatment center admissions I wasted about 15 years of my life. Thank-God I am working on a life now and it is incredible.

DMikeyV   April 2nd, 2010 5:39 am ET

interesting question. i will give my comment shortly. first, i want to comment about chelsea handler. i loved her from the start when she hit the streets. she is brilliant and hidden in her intelligent display of comedic wit is a person who has strong values. all the trash stuff is part of what must go on to deliver her thing. great comedienne, love watching her and her guests. long live you chelsea. and your show.

sex addiction, in my view -whether it is a disease or an excuse rests, it seems, on who pays the price for the behavior in "living the addiciton," or not.

even if the "would be addict's" life (or close loved one's life) is detrimentally is affected. doesn't matter. it is an addiciton they cannot stop without outside help, if such real help exists. OR, if the addiciton is stopped, i would think it will be because they reach the bottom and have nowhere else to go, or nobody else is still around to be pulled down with them in their addiction. it is much like drugs or alcohol addiction: the body organically becomes dependent on that inner AND outer orgasm.

the real test, then, in my view, is who is affected by the "bad behavior along the way" to ruination? if it is the addict's life alone, then it is a depraved form of suicide. if it involves others -boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, children, friends then it is WRONG. i know sex some addicts personally. friends and non-friends. i see the chipping away of their important human traits, in an escaling non-stop destructive way. i have seen many go to the bottom. they become zombies for getting off and it is hard to help them. one of the human condition that is destroyed is the inner vision to be able to see their outer selves. what's left when inner values are gone? i don't know if there is an area of human psychology that really can help people who do not want to change their sexual addiction. bad behavior? come on. of course it is bad. but when the behavior becomes the crashing train wreck of the person's whole life and surroundings, the behavior mutates to becoming the CAUSE in spite of what might have been the triggering cause in the person's life to begin with. it's a disease. a mental disease. same as clepomania. start with stealing one thing and the high that comes with it -progresses to more and more and more, non-stop stealing. the behavior becomes a "movie" of more and more "highs" to keep going. there is no thought of quitting. why quit? it feels good.

Mayfield Allen   April 2nd, 2010 5:40 am ET

"SEX ADDICTION" ! IS THIS THE NEW TERM OF EXPRESSING A
SIMPLE HUMAN TRAIT? FOR THE PEOPLE THAT SEE SEX AS A DISEASE, THEN STAY AWAY FROM CHURCH DURING THE EASTER PERIOD. THE SEX MONSTERS ARE AMOUNG US WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! EVEN BEHIND THE PULPIT! HAPPY EASTER

allard van der starre   April 2nd, 2010 5:50 am ET

hi there,
sex addiction?Just act naturally and don't worry about it.
Just a litlle comment fron me as a red haired guy:
i've had it with the discrimination of redheads....
i actually like red haired girls better than
blond bimbo would be "truck drivers"
even though i know that the media push exactly this type of girl.
Actually i'm happy to be an iconclast...
happy eater,
allard van der starre

Theresa   April 2nd, 2010 6:28 am ET

I wonder how sympathetic Tiger Woods now Jesse James would have been if it had have been Elin or Sandra that wold have had the so called illness of "sex addiction?" In my opinion there woul;d be no way Tiger Woods would have tolerated this type of behaviour from his wife. It probably would have been a miracle if she would have received any type of visitation with their children. When is it going to be people have to take responsibility for their actions...not having the little ol' spouse angry but in the end welcoming you with open arms. Before the wedding day be honest with yourself...if you know you can't remain faithful......inform your soon to be spouse & probably turn around ,open the door & leave!!!!

Ray Gordon   April 2nd, 2010 9:04 am ET

Men can live longer without sex than women can live without money.

Without sex addiction, the women who complain about it would have to get real jobs rather than living off men hoping to sleep with them, so who's really driving this?

The only thing women haet more than being treated like a sex object is NOT being treated like one. Go ahead, try it.

Ted   April 2nd, 2010 9:16 am ET

Ît takes two to tango, (at least), and men usually cheat on their wives with women.
Why is it always the men who get the bad press? In Hollywood there are just as many wives cheating on their husbands, however you never hear about that awfull deed.
Could it be, because usually women are the ones who collect large amount from those unfaithful spouses and can hardly wait so they can sue them?
In my long life I have known quite a few cases where wives did a little extra curricular activities in the afternoon when the spouse was busy making a living for the family. Let´s not always blame the men, if they don´t get it at home, they look for it someplace else. Or the other way around.

Vyacheslav Serkov   April 2nd, 2010 2:55 pm ET

I think that a sex addiction like any other addiction is a psychiatric disease .I’d like to say even more-sex addiction has much worse consequences than any other addiction such as smoking ,alcohol drinking and even drugs abuse.Are you going to ask me why? Because the last forms of addictions that I’ve just mentioned don’t distract human soul , nature so much like a sex addiction does.Also when a person has this type of addiction she or he looks like the people who doesn’t suffer from this disease and if the person can’t give up this addiction independently the other people cannot help him or her because they don’t know that the person has it.Now I’d like to say a few words about consequences.A person who has this type of addiction losses the possibility to love naturally .Instead he or she tries to find more kinky forms of sex but doesn’t gain the necessary satisfaction and eventually he or she feels unhappy.They begin to think about suicide because they sense their solitude and they can’t get rid of this sense. The person who has true love, the love which doesn’t demand physical contact ( or in a less extent) will never feel unhappy since his or her feeling will warm a soul.There’s no possibility to sense this warming having mechanical sex with each other .In conclusion I want to say the people who have a sex addiction shouldn’t be blamed for it by our society since they suffer .On the contrary the society must support these people and try to understand that first of all a sex addiction is a disease.Also I’m sure that the official medicine,other specialists must seek the methods to resolve this medical problem

Brent   April 3rd, 2010 6:34 pm ET

My partner of over 14 years is addicted to pornography. His addiction is a disease which he allows him to "have" an excuse for his bad behavior. He was sexually abused by an uncle and yet he cannot admit the long-term impact it has had upon him and his romantic relationships. Thousands of dollars have been spent on therapy...for me. He refuses professional help and has almost, almost admitted he needs help. He is a textbook addict yet I continue to stay. My latest therapy, with a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist, is geared toward ME getting well(co-dependency)and deciding if I stay or I leave.

I think it is a disease and that many, many people allow it to become an excuse for bad behavior.

Hugh ~ California   August 9th, 2010 7:16 pm ET

If sex addition is a disease, lying is a disease, cheating is a disease, murder is a disease; I don't buy it. Lousy behavior is what it is - period! How about just doing the right thing. How about just showing some character, rather than being a character!

nina1fox   August 9th, 2010 7:23 pm ET

Any behavior whether it is sex, alcohol, gambling, computers, MJ, shopping, blogging, etc…only becomes an addiction when the person’s life is out of control and in a mess.

If you are experiencing obsessions compiled with compulsive behavior which is destroying your friendships, marriage, children, work, life, etc… there is a good chance it has become an addiction. Too many people, today, have become ‘addicted’ to the computer as their spouse and children are complaining and suffering.

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 9th, 2010 9:05 pm ET

Girls just want to have fun just like time in an hour glass you only have one life to live so live like the bold and the beutifull as the world turns .

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 9th, 2010 9:13 pm ET

So whats wrong with creating age group dancing .

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 9th, 2010 9:20 pm ET

For real this interview reminds me of Hugh Hefiner and those poor bunnys without a daddy he needs to buy back the stocks quick .

Tiffany D.   August 9th, 2010 9:23 pm ET

ATTEN: Chelsea,

Okay so you talk so much smack about Kate Gosslien and how her 15 minutes need to be up and blah, blah, blah, but you fail to remember that it is people like Kate that help you keep how you say "your job". Meaning if it wasn't for people like Kate and other celebrities in the news then you wouldn't have anything to joke about on your show, so basically they make who you are because if it wasn't for them you would be just another ordinary person talking about the latest celebrity gossip who secretly wish they could have that "15 minutes of fame" as well, lol!

Cesar   August 9th, 2010 9:24 pm ET

hmmmm addiction?? I wonder if blogging on LKL every night all night long is considered an addiction? Especially if you have family that suffers?

BigD TRUTH CENTRE, MN   August 9th, 2010 9:25 pm ET

Chelsea Handler- The World is Starving for Someone Just Like You, Chelsea Handler & More of You !

To Know Chelsea is to Be ALIVE Because She 'Cuts Through'
the The KRAP!!

It's Reall Har to EXPRESS Myself Without 'CURSING!' CURSING?

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 9th, 2010 9:26 pm ET

Is there any politics in this girls life .

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 9th, 2010 9:28 pm ET

@ Cesar Every one has there own salad and different dressing .

jimi   August 9th, 2010 9:32 pm ET

Belvedere vodka? Does anyone really drink this crap?

Cesar   August 9th, 2010 9:35 pm ET

Tragic if children want their mother or father who is 'addicted' to the computer

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 9th, 2010 9:37 pm ET

Jackie Gleeson Red Skeliton Milton Burl the Smotheres Brothers Sony and Sher Ed Sullivan Benny Hill Monty Python Johny Carson Jerry Lewis Abbot and Costello Beavis and But Head Ren and Stimpy I love comedy its the bomb .

Cesar   August 9th, 2010 9:38 pm ET

Chelsea

It is tiresome to hear kate gosselin on TV every chance she can get. Nice to hear your opinion.

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 9th, 2010 9:41 pm ET

@ Cesar I aint got no melody all that stuffs in the past just waiting for the end surfing the net .

Z.Gray   August 9th, 2010 9:44 pm ET

What am I witnessing between Chelsea & Larry?! They're totally flirting with each other LOL I believe I even saw Chelsea blush....a true rarity;)

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 9th, 2010 9:45 pm ET

Alvin Green is pretty funny .

jimi   August 9th, 2010 9:53 pm ET

When is Chelsea gonna go on the warpath? Did I miss it? I've endured librarians with more chutzpah.

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 9th, 2010 9:56 pm ET

This is why our country is so confused were all a hienze 57 religion .

Cesar   August 9th, 2010 9:57 pm ET

@Chelsea

you are a wise woman. Mormons like Catholics cannot have fun in life! Or at least before marriage or they go to the place of fire...

Cesar   August 9th, 2010 9:59 pm ET

@ Michael Armstrong Sr.

more power to you. I was thinking of all who have family waiting in the wings........ and they wait and wait....

tony   August 9th, 2010 10:01 pm ET

grrr ide date her...lol but im just a short little nobody from canada ehhhh. good luck on that one..

Juri   August 9th, 2010 10:48 pm ET

Dear Larry,

I like to be a president of Haiti, why president have to be a rich black guy??? Why not a poor refugee from former soviet union???

mick kaufman   August 10th, 2010 1:04 am ET

Larry, I have respect for you, but in this day and age of our country going down the tubes, why take the time to highlight these people who are flash in the pan media hypes? Wouldn't your time and legacy be better served to pay more close attention to the serious issues of our time? I respected your show on the whale massacre, things like that that will affect our future. Please keep the sideshow people off the air, this Chelsea Handler, even though she wrote a book are small fry in the scheme of things that you have access too. Don't sell out.

lostemperor   August 10th, 2010 2:30 am ET

Where one man cheats with dozens of women, that one man is condemned. What about the dozens of women whose nature it is to cheat also with a rich popular guy. A man is called cheater. How do you call women?

doris   August 10th, 2010 3:50 am ET

I was really offended by Chelsea Handler's remark that she would never a Asian man. She was talking about Kate Goselin, dancing with the stars and how much public face time we've been subjected to with her drama. i would definitely agree. But when larry asked how she would compare,

Chelsea said first, she would never marry an Asian man. what and where did that come from? I nearly fell off my chair – it showed her true colors as a racist in generalizing about an entire group of people! – so what does she really think of other people – Latinos or Afro-Americans? was this remark a mental slip in politically correct world or maybe not...she's into shock- or is she just reflecting and willing to say something that people think or get away with about Asians – calling that out.

been fan of Larry's show forever and he's the best. surprised that he didn't followup, this show was a rerun from april 1. larry asked her what she would do when he retires (let's say 8yrs from now) and was sitting in his place interviewing someone like kate goselin. omg – please keep her as far, far away from that chair!

Prashant   August 10th, 2010 5:16 am ET

@ Chelsea,

You're a hypocrite, publicly dissing people about cheating when you 'TRY' not to cheat? LOL. One would have thought a public figure who feels strongly about monogamy would constantly practice it without fail. And why you tryna flirt with Larry, my man wants to have a serious conversation. Well, I guess hypocrisy is expected as a standard in this business, but I, as well as alot of people I know dont approve.

Joel Jason   August 10th, 2010 5:58 am ET

Why would Larry King live devote precious air time to such an obnoxious woman like Chelsea. She's a shame to humanity.

There are a lot of other people worthy of airtime.

DOMINICK   August 10th, 2010 1:02 pm ET

SO MANY STD'S AROUND..SAD..DRS ARE GOING CRAZY TREATING PATIENTS.

janet   August 17th, 2010 7:52 pm ET

Once again its the double standard for white people not to be able to say or use the n word yet it is constantly being use in songs and amongst the black community. It should not be used at all. It seems as the more its used the less people are going to pay any attention to its meaning from previouse history, so do we continue being upset by its use or do we go on and not make such a big deal anymore of who used the word. Enough and lets move on with a black president the generations to come will not even understand the significant of this word. Lets hope the future generations move on with this word and not make such a big fuss about it.

pokerbot   December 11th, 2010 6:48 am ET

interesting points and I dig the posts however what about the ugly issue of collusion in online poker?

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter