CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 2, 2010

Tonight on Larry King Live!

Posted: 07:00 PM ET

Chelsea Clinton's Big Day!

Special details behind Chelsea Clinton’s wedding! A look at the former first daughter’s ultra-exclusive wedding.  What did she wear? Who was there? And what’s next for the newly married couple?

Plus!

Lindsay Lohan released from jail after less than two weeks behind bars! Now she’s in rehab. Will this be a fresh start for the actress? Actor Daniel Baldwin, Miss USA 1996 Tara Conner and others weigh in!

And!

Bill Cosby is alive and well and addressing the Twitter rumors that he has died!
Why is the legendary comic one of Twitter’s favorite death hoaxes?

Be part of the Larry King Live discussion and weigh in on tonight’s topics!

Filed under: Larry King Live

Smith in Oregon   August 2nd, 2010 7:28 pm ET

I'm happy for Chelsea Clinton, she's plain and rather homely looking in my opinion but has made the most out of what she has been given.

It seems Bill Cosby has been rather quiet about his long relationship with the Muslim religion. I was sad many years ago when Bill Cosby remained silent when the British Author was charged with the Muslim death sentence for writing a book about Mohammad and his child bride. I expected some outrage that such a harsh sentence was handed out but Bill Cosby the person isn't necessarily Bill Cosby the entertainer.

So many Americans including myself want entertainers to actually be the person in real life they see on stage, sadly that is seldom if ever the real person. Not only is it disappointing, in many cases the real person is entirely different that the hyped spot lighted person on America's stage.

Smith in Oregon   August 2nd, 2010 7:30 pm ET

Why is News Media in America not talking about this Republican foobar? 9.4 Billion taxpayer dollars disappearing?

9,400 cases containing 1 Million American taxpayer dollars each disappeared in Iraq under the utterly corrupt Republican administration of Bush-Cheney and are entirely unaccounted for. That money was originally taken from America's revenues under the guise of Iraqi reconstruction.

No wonder American's overwhelmingly do not trust the Republican party with fiscal responsibility's.

That 9.4 BILLION in cash, could have ended up in the hands of Al Qaeda making Bush-Cheney the largest donors to a known Terror Organization and the biggest hypocrites on the entire planet!

Smith in Oregon   August 2nd, 2010 8:14 pm ET

The ultra conservative war drumming government now in effect in Israel on Sunday approved new residency criteria that would result in the deportations of hundreds of infant children of migrant workers.

Under the goose stepping thugs in charge, only children of migrants whose parents entered Israel legally could remain IF they are enrolled in school, speak Hebrew and have been in Israel longer than five years.

The Hotline for Israeli Migrant Workers, estimates 700 of 1,200 school-age children are at risk of deportation, along with their parents.

It is likely no mere coincidence that Republican Potty'ticians are also pushing for the deportation of infants born in America by illegal immigrants from Mexico and dumping them on the Mexican border. Although those children are officially American citizens and that Republican goal and platform of proposed legislation is entirely unconstitutional.

It is also entirely unconstitutional to implement the emergency succession plan which Reagan-Bush sr. put together and was put into place by Bush-Cheney where America's Shadow Government of DHS managers would in an 'emergency' replace the President, Vice President and entire cabinet with unelected DHS managers!

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 2nd, 2010 9:03 pm ET

This wedding got more attention then prince Charles and Dianna .

Chris   August 2nd, 2010 9:07 pm ET

@Michael Armstrong Sr.
No where near the attention Charles and Dianna received; we'll hope that this one works out better.

Jane - WI   August 2nd, 2010 9:07 pm ET

Just curious....was there this much coverage of the wedding of Jenna Bush,the daughter of a sitting President? Was there a Larry King Live program devoted to her wedding?

vic nashville tn   August 2nd, 2010 9:09 pm ET

We wish Chelsea the best

Jane - WI   August 2nd, 2010 9:10 pm ET

It is wonderful that Chelsea found a great guy and got married. However, it's a wedding of a daughter of a former President - not a royal wedding. Has there been this much coverage of Amy Carter?
What should be of concern is the enormous amount of money that was spent on this extravaganza -– money that could have fed the poor and homeless. I wouldn't care how much they spent other than Democrats are always preaching to the rest of us about how to spend our money and talking about the "have and have nots".

Ed Dimich   August 2nd, 2010 9:15 pm ET

It's their money..... why does the media have to get into these people's lives. Is it a slow news day or what. Like I said their money and their only child, who cares if they spend 10.00 or 1,ooo,ooo......

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 2nd, 2010 9:15 pm ET

There's no question every one loved the Clinton's democrats and republicans .

vic nashville tn   August 2nd, 2010 9:18 pm ET

Chelsea never let her parents down very good child not only for parents to us also

chaney, La.   August 2nd, 2010 9:22 pm ET

Princess Di and prince Charles entire day long wedding celebration was televised. We got 5 measly pictures after the fact......so dont tell me Chelsea Clintons wedding was over done by media.....
I am a big fan of the Clintons, and I think they have raised a lovely daughter, she is smart, pretty and she will make a difference.......

Sunflower   August 2nd, 2010 9:24 pm ET

I never appreciated Larry King as a host until I saw the replacement host today for Chelsea wedding. Let the guest talk. I want to hear about Chelsea wedding, not the host opinions.

Bettie   August 2nd, 2010 9:26 pm ET

Please do you think that you could show Chelsea some respect and NOT mention Monica. She has shown total class how about the media?

vic nashville tn   August 2nd, 2010 9:27 pm ET

Chelsea understand what is life when she was teen , she understand her parents job.
I will say this Chelsea sacrifice her life for her parents Carrier

Best Child I don’t care how much the spend for weeding Bill and Hillary will ready to give to Chelsea what they have

chaney, La.   August 2nd, 2010 9:27 pm ET

My goodness Larry you brought out the petty party......... Jenna Bush had plenty of coverage in fact I thought her wedding was really nice.Jane WI.... Amy Carter would literally run from any media,, she hates it....lets go back to Tricia Nixon I believe he entire nuptuals were televised...

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 2nd, 2010 9:27 pm ET

Hey Hey Hey here comes Bill .

vic nashville tn   August 2nd, 2010 9:31 pm ET

Don’t put Lindsay Lohan in Jail wasting tax payer money . Let her pay heavy fine we can bring state deficit down

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 2nd, 2010 9:32 pm ET

That's a sick joke I hate the idea of Bill dieing even on a movie this man is a living icon .

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 2nd, 2010 9:42 pm ET

I hope the caviar and wine wasnt to tough on Linsey with her jail stay with comfort blankets and color T.V.

E..Schneider   August 2nd, 2010 9:47 pm ET

I was very disappointed. it was a biography of the Clintons past.. I
thought it was going to be about a beautiful wedding and a happy day for Hilary and Bill Ckinton. I would have loved to have seen Chelsea, the grown up young lady, on her wedding day with her husband..

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 2nd, 2010 9:51 pm ET

Lindsy is spoiled brat that thinks only of herself and no one else .

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 2nd, 2010 9:54 pm ET

But the a lot of other people actually get jail time without comfort blankets and color T.V.

Enrico   August 2nd, 2010 10:00 pm ET

With this "royal" wedding I now understand how the country came to elect Bush father as president and then his son George the 2nd. Then came president Clinton husband, and then almost his wife. So is America is a Democracy as it claims to be? Of course not! It has been a Monarchy for many years!

Michael Armstrong Sr.   August 2nd, 2010 10:00 pm ET

Getting sober is a choice by the abuser only they can want to change without self intrest there is no help .

marlene rohe   August 2nd, 2010 10:16 pm ET

What was the name of the rehab Daniel Baldwin kept recomending please? Sobo something. Please let me know. Thank you!

Pamela S   August 2nd, 2010 10:17 pm ET

WHO GIVES A DAMN,OR SHOULD THAT WINFREY WASN'T AT THE OVERATED WEDDING......

ALSO, I ALWAYS RESPECTED YOUNG MS CLINTON'S PRIVACY.
FRANKLY, NOW....I COULD GIVE A CARE ABOUT HER WEDDING. THEY WANTED TO KEEP IT A SECRET, AS IF ANY OF US SHOULD CARE IN THE FIRST PLACE ABOUT THE ABSURD EXPENSIVE OCCASION.

WHAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T SEEM TO REMEMBER IS THAT IT WAS CLINTON AND DURING HIS ADMINISTRATION THAT EMPLOYMENT LEFT THE COUNTRY OF AMERICA AND HAS BEEN LEAVING SINCE.

IT'S CLINTON'S FAULT THAT THERE IS UNEMPLOYMENT....NO JOBS AS WELL.

I WANT THE NEXT CLINTON OCCASION TO SEE "BILL" BE EXILED FROM THE COUNTRY OF AMERICA. HE HAD/HAS THE MONEY FOR A WEDDING. BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY AMERICAN CITIZENS THAT ARE LOSING THERE UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION, AFTER NINETY NINE WEEKS. AGAIN, THERE ARE NO JOBS BECAUSE OF A STROKE OF A PEN INTENDED FOR "NAFTA".

CLINTON, ONE OF THE FEW HAVES AND TOO MANY IN THE COUNTRY OF AMERICA, THE HAVE NOTS, NOR NEVER WELL. BECAUSE OF CLINTON HELPING MAKE THE UNITED STATES A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.

BY THE WAY, I VOTED DEMOCRAT IN THE 2008 ELECTION.

I AM ALSO A REALIST IN THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD BE FORCED FROM THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY WRONGFULLY DID AND OR DO TO IT!.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   August 2nd, 2010 11:23 pm ET

Mazel Tov Chelsea and Marc.
May you have a smoother married life than your parents.
I can't seem to have enough of the Clintons.
I hope CNN will air a special programme on the preparations of the wedding to tying the nuptial knots to the day they left for their honeymoon.
Thank You.

Robert Johnson   August 2nd, 2010 11:30 pm ET

Kyra Phillips provided a new and fresh approach to the people she interviewed on the 9 p.m. show. It was a show with new life. It was a very interesting evening. I hope she takes on this show again soon.
This comment is from Canada.

Alice Choice   August 3rd, 2010 12:24 am ET

Organic flowers and gluten-free wedding cake. Hopefully also they sought out ingredients free from genetically modified organisms?

stephanie   August 3rd, 2010 12:43 am ET

why is chelsea clinton's wedding news? there are so many other things happening in the world. its a disgrace that the women of the view asked President Obama about Snooki and Lindsay Lohan. Who cares about them? That's a joke. We should be asking the President more important questions . . . like what about the Gulf and BP. Why is congress still voting to allow off shore drilling even after the BP disaster? Why did it take congress so long to respond to the BP disaster? I know its about money, but why doesn't someone with money put their money to good use and help change this world. i thought that Obama was that person. i know that it takes time to reverse the sins of the former administration, but he should have let the banks fail. he should have let the american automotive companies fail. they made their bed . . . what about the middle class that he said he would fight for? so what the american automotive companies are making a profit. how does that help the poor? how does it help the middle class that is still struggling? america revolves around the rich. it always has and always will. i pay 10k a year in taxes and i'm single. why don't the rich pay more in taxes than i do? that's a stupid question, i know, buts its demented. the rich love the gap between the rich and the poor, including the president.

liz   August 3rd, 2010 12:46 am ET

Such a happy occasion and the interviewer had to bring up the Monica thing. We all have families, and we now what is like. Perhaps that is the very reason the bride did not want "reporters" on her wedding.I am sure the reporter has a family and not all of them are perfect. I bet she is not perfect either. The Clinton's are a family and a happy one regardless of some people's comments. I was surprised at the panel's respect. For the most part, they played down the stupid questions of the interviewer (I don't know her name and I don't think I care to know it) Even the Bush person showed more respect. I expected her to trash the wedding. However, she probably knows how much money the Bushes spent on their own little princess wedding and she is right. It is a privet matter and it should be left at that.
Congratulations to the beautiful and smart bride and her groom. Congratulations to the radiant parents who have brought up such an amazing young lady. Royalty? I don't know, but she is defenetly a lady.

Ed4030   August 3rd, 2010 2:04 am ET

Who knew Jenna Bush would be the one to have a dignified, small ceremony and Chelsea Clinton would be the one having this grossly overpriced wedding! Hey, I love my democrats but in this case, I much preferred Jenna Bush's wedding.

Smith in Oregon   August 3rd, 2010 5:38 am ET

"I have never seen more Republican Senators express discontent with their jobs. I think the major cause is that, deep down in our hearts, we have been accomplices to doing something terrible and unforgivable to this wonderful country. Deep down in our hearts, Republicans know that we have bankrupted America and that we have given our children a legacy of bankruptcy. ... Republican politicians have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected." - Republican Senator John Danforth

Wayne   August 3rd, 2010 6:35 am ET

What a cool couple and bless them both. Congrats to Hillary & Bill Clinton as well. Great to hear Chelsey campaigns for her mom and all of that. I think with all of the other events lately in the news this comes sort
of out of the blue. Well sort of. They look good and I wedding must have been quite a day. I caught some of the coverage on Larry King last night with the guest host. Great show. Chelsey is young and if she can follow in the foot steps of her parents that went through hard times and stayed together than that may be a good thing. Truly happy for this couple. Yeah Chelsey is a wonderful beautiful person in that dress and the groom is a handsome spirited young man. May you love each other with all your hearts. Many blessings to you.

dorothy gianaras   August 3rd, 2010 8:22 am ET

I was really looking forward to Larry King Live last night because I thought he had an exclusive on some pictures of Chelsea Clinton's wedding. I really admire her. But instead all I saw was a hysterical Kyra Phillips interviewing people who knew nothing about it at all, and no pictures. What a disappointment. Thanks for misleading me into a nothing program. Dorothy Gianaras

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   August 3rd, 2010 9:19 am ET

It's not funny to say someone is dead when he's 'still alive.
Where I come from, if a person is alive but said to have died, he will live a long life.
If you dream someone died, that person too will live a long life.
Let's wish Bill Cosby a long and happy life.

Gerald Jolly   August 3rd, 2010 3:19 pm ET

Is Chelsey Clinton on her way to become the first ROYALTY of America??

Will she become a queen or a princess.

Just Asking.

Because the media has portrayed her as ROYALTY>

Gerald Jolly   August 3rd, 2010 4:10 pm ET

I like Bill Clinton,
GOD I even voted for him.
I think he was the best President we had since John Kennedy.

But as much as I like and admire the man, I could not say that I think of him as being the King of America.

Given that most folks would agree that Bill and Hillary are not Royalty, I wonder why the American media are refering to Chelsey as a princess.

JUST ASKING???

Gerald Jolly   August 3rd, 2010 4:12 pm ET

I think if my memory serves me right, that if a princess marries a commoner man of the jewish faith, she would automatically loose her ROYAL STANDING

RIGHT???

Just asking!!

Lucy   August 3rd, 2010 6:42 pm ET

The press coverage of Chelsea's wedding was pitiful. They talked and talked and talked and knew nothing. It was 98% speculation and 2% reporting of facts.

As always - Cheers to the Daily Show for making great fun of the press.

Best wishes to Chelsea and Marc.

Charles   August 3rd, 2010 9:34 pm ET

@Smith in Oregon,
Senator John Danforth was the one person most responsible for Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court. I'm guessing you'd don't love him quite so much now.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter