CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

July 30, 2010

ICYMI: Laura Ingraham’s on the war path!

Posted: 11:25 AM ET
Cajazz76:24:8   July 30th, 2010 12:23 pm ET

From an online Laura Ingraham Biography....

Obama Diaries, a (SHORT-LIVED) New York Times number one best seller, (NOW AT NUMBER 22)[22] published July 13, 2010, the book is a collection of FAKE satirical diary entries by and criticizing Barack Obama, his family and officials in his administration.[23]

The Ingraham Angle;" O'Reilly has referred to her as a "blind ideologue" and a "Kool-Aid drinker."

Ingraham earned a bachelor's degree at Dartmouth College, in 1985, and a law degree at theUniversity of Virginia School of Law, in 1991. As a Dartmouth undergraduate, she was a staff member of the independent conservative newspaper, The Dartmouth Review. In her senior year, she was the newspaper's editor-in-chief,[3] its first female editor.[2] She wrote a few controversial articles during her tenure, such as a piece characterizing a campus gay rights group as "cheerleaders for latent campus Sodomites". She also secretly tape recorded the organization's meetings, and sent copies to the participants' parents. [4][5] Jeffrey Hart, the faculty adviser for the Dartmouth Review, described Ingraham as having "the most extreme antihomosexual views imaginable," and noted that "she went so far as to avoid a local eatery where she feared the waiters were homosexual and might touch her silverware or spit on her food, exposing her to AIDS."[6] In 1997, Ingraham wrote an essay in the Washington Post in which she stated that she changed her views after witnessing "the dignity, fidelity and courage" with which her brother and his late companion coped with AIDS.[7] She said she now understands why gays need protection and regrets her "callous rhetoric."[8] However, in 2009, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation named Ingraham as one of the "worst anti-gay and anti-transgender voices of 2008," citing her statements regarding transgendered people and "allusions that regrets her "callous rhetoric.being gay is a 'bad choice'."[9]
In one of her most famous incidents, on Election Day 2006 Ingraham encouraged listeners to jam the phone line of a toll-free Democratic Party service for reporting voting problems. No tangible consequences came of it.[

ONLY FOX NEWS COULD APPRECIATE HER CHARACTER...SHE FAILED AT HER OTHER ATTEMPTS TO SUCCEED ON TELEVISION....also revealed in her diary...At the age of 46 she has never been married, but has adopted a Guatemalan girl and a Russian boy...she CREEPS me out...

Sandra   July 30th, 2010 12:52 pm ET

I started to watch and couldn't take anymore of this woman's B S – so I swtiched to something else.

Larry, why do you put vile people on like Ingram?

John   July 30th, 2010 12:52 pm ET

Larry, You're the best, man. I see that some of your viewers are upset that you brought Laura Ingraham on. I don't know why. I am glad you bring people like her on. It allows the rest of us to see what she's all about, what she does, and what her views are on issues in at least a general sense. What I saw is that she has all kinds of complaints about the president and his policies, but I don't here any solutions. This so called diary about the first family is one of the most idiotic things that one could think of. Of course, she has her 40 member cult following which was in the background applauding every ridiculous comment she made. I only heard that she has a radio talk show, so I haven't had the opportunity to see her on TV or in person. I thank you for having her on. What I see is a very ambitious individual who will do and say anything to get attention and is not cencerned with the real issues of this country. She has no ideas and presents no solutions. It's either her way or the highway. She laughs at herself because she knows that she has followers who think that she's the second coming of David Karesh, and the Branch Dividians, while she laughs all the way to the bank. Her views and her comments are empty and full of hot air. She is good at marketing herself. She appears to be the female version of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh, who in my opinion are entertainers and comedians. One can see through that phony exterior, it's so obvious.
Larry, I've watched you and CNN for years. I can even remember when you were young (just kidding). I'm not a spring chicken by any means. There will never be another Larry King. I'm just glad your going to stick around at CNN. There will never be another CNN. You not only provide news coverage, but you inform and educate the viewer by explaining the history, the conflict, and a spirited debate on issues and policies in detail which is lacking by all the other Networks. You truly revolutionized the way the news is or should be presented. MSNBC has it's own agenda. Fox is even more transparent as to it's motive and agenda. Fox: "Fair and Balanced"???. Give me a break. Its mainly a propaganda machine for the ultra right wing, the tea party, and the birthers.
Larry, Good Luck, both, professionally and personally.

Gary Pageau   July 30th, 2010 1:01 pm ET

Larry, why do you say "Laura Ingraham on the warpath?" Is this just another attempt to portray a conservative as an angry racist?

DTM   July 30th, 2010 1:42 pm ET

YEAH Laura you are an expert on the economy...go get your sandwhich at Walmart, because continuing to support corporations like that who treat their workers like garbage and smash local economies... to say the least- really shows your lack of knowledge and your complete lack of empahthy for the American people and the current economic crisis.

IKHAN   July 30th, 2010 1:47 pm ET

Hi Larry,
any hints on what you are going to do after you retire?

Nothing new or useful by Laura Ingraham. The same bubbling concoction just beneath the surface, hate-Obama, racism etc etc for which the Idiot Pack at Fox Propaganda Channel, the great Moron Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palins the Tea Partiers, the Wing Nuts are notorious for. As also those in the Republican Party of Obstructionism feeding off of this churning debris in the muddy waters of our politics.

Remember that 'Bush-Cheney Destroy America Inc.' survived & thrived with the support of these very same folks, leading us down the path of Iraq disaster, the Afghan folly, usurping civil liberties & basic rights of American Citizenry, creating an apparatus with billions of Tax Payers dollars staffed by 800,000 sniffers to spy on Americans.

Their agenda could well tear this country apart.

Judy   July 30th, 2010 2:52 pm ET

Laura Ingram was embarassing. I turned off your show when she was stumbling around for any way to turn whatever was said into a sarcastic hate statement about Obama.
If she was trying to be funny, and if CNN thinks she was entertaining, you are all sadly mistaken. I'm glad Larry is leaving the air as she was scraping the bottom....if you can't come up with better guests, do a re-run.

David   July 30th, 2010 3:53 pm ET

So what exactly was that about last night? She writes a book with made up silly stuff about the Obama's (while trying to be "serious" of course), and we get to listen to that drivel for your whole show with no challenge to its stupidity or inaccuracy? Didn't know uncontested character assasination was the new direction of Larry King Live....pathetic.

Hugh in California   July 30th, 2010 6:24 pm ET

Laura Ingraham - You're embarassing! Your comments are typical partisan rancor.
Larry, perhaps it's time to add a different wrinkle to a ol' time phrase, Laura must be one of the "Good-ol' gals!"

MARGARET FOLEY   July 30th, 2010 8:35 pm ET

LARRY..I FELT SORRY FOR YOU.A GOOD MAN CAN ONLY FEEL DISMAY AT SUCH COMMENTS FROM LAURA. I ALSO FELT SORRY FOR LAURA..TO MAINTANI THAT LEVEL OF VITRIOLE AND VENOM MUST SURELY AFFECT ONE'S HEALTH. WHERE DOES SHE GO IN THE DEEP DARK HOURS.GO WELL..MM

Cajazz76:24:8   July 30th, 2010 11:25 pm ET

@IKHAN

Very elegantly stated...and very..very true. I find it necessary at times to just ridicule these racist right-wing radically charged mutants of society. I am still worn out from last night...fingertips are blistered..lol Take care Ikhan, you are heroic in your efforts to expose the truth.

ManNamedDan   July 31st, 2010 12:48 am ET

I agree with John.

Larry is right to give all people a chance to hear what other people are hearing and agreeing with.
You need to let the representatives of such views give you any SOUND arguments they may have when it comes to power and the leaders of this country. It is the right of EVERY American to have their views expressed or represented.

Miss Ingram showed she had no SOUND arguments ( the kind based in fact), tovoice, nor did she offer any solution or positive input on what she or her followers would do in the face of the "crises" that she raised (merely being critical of those in charge is not a brave stand at all).
It was also clear that she only feels on equal footing with one interviewer as long has she has a crowd of yea sayrs, barking and clapping consent to nearly all her voiced oppinions.
It is unfortunate she was not pressed a litter more on the substance of her complaints because without any follow up, those who haven't been "won" over by her vitriol for the current but not, unsurprisingly, the previous Executive of our nations power (Harriet who?), do not understand where the hostility and criticism comes from..... I am certain tho it's no surprise that she is an idiologue from the conservative side who maintains a fan base by spreading fear, miscontent, and just plain old hatred for leaders not instep with her polorized views.

I belive speaking truth to power is every Americans right and duty, I also feel you need to be armed with the facts to do so. Ms Ingrahm is UNARMED but I'm sure only in that sense (as filled with fear as she sounds I would judge he NEEDing to be a gun owner- I am myself I still have my service M9 but not because I'm affraid).
She is fine with an America split by petty, selfish, and fearful rhetoric of US versus THEM that keep's the head nodders from paying any attention to the REAL problems the corrupt background players are causing.
Its sad, but when I was a kid and asked why the Bicentennial 1976 quarter was special, I learned I was an American and so was everyone living in this country with me because we all came together and said so to the king of a far away country and that we will all work together for or freedoms. The sad part is that there are those who see other Americans as the enemy now because they don't agree of their unbending vision of rule- and will not work together anymore.
My heartbreaks for the patriotic pride lost.

IKHAN   July 31st, 2010 12:45 pm ET

Hi Larry
Hi folks.
@Cajazz
thanks for your kind & encouraging remarks. You are justly worn out standing up for the American spirit & to those bent upon destroying the very fabric of this society. May you continue doing so in good health with all those other good folks out there who feel for this country – Amen.
@ManNamedDan
well said,we share your sentiments.

Robert   August 1st, 2010 7:10 am ET

Simply put...she's a idiot. And so are the ignorant pack of wolves cheering in the background. President Obama was in the gulf several times. He worked more hours than anyone can imagine on countess issues, addressing a period in time that this country has not faced before. He also got results despite the enourmous battles with his Republicans and enemies. He is ONLY ONE MAN FOR GOD'S SAKE. Yet, this fool is sitting up on national tv nitpicking about a few hours with Paul McCartney or a trip to New York to bring substance to the View, a show many Americans got to see and hear straight from his mouth rather than people like her distorting things. He did this with Barbara Walters arguably the most esteemed female journalist ever. Someone this woman could never be. UNBELIEVABLE. I am sure Larry King can find a better person to interview than this bimbo. Thank God he has.,

Ted   August 1st, 2010 12:41 pm ET

@ cajazz, IKAHN, Dodie, Jack, Smith of Oregon

Over 30 years long I did not bother to vote for a president, because they are all the same, they never bother to fullfil their promises after they are elected. You can go back all the way to Johnson.

I voted for Obama, because he seemed to be honest and different, however as a year and a half are gone, you can see that he just continue with the Bush policy in Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention the problems in the ME.
Look at his speech in YouTube during 2008 to the AIPAC and at the university of Cairo a year later, everyone hears what they want to hear. A man with characted would never do that, promise two different solutions on the same problem!

Go to YouTube and watch "The Obama Deception", a two hour documentary about our presidents. The makers are not republicans or any other type of idiots, and if only half what they say is true, then you better forget about anything President Obama promised. He is a puppet who does what he is told, just like other presidents did.
It really shook me and I have a good mind of going back to the no voters, this way I can say later: I did not vote for that jerk, I am not responsible for his deeds.

Let me know what you think of that documentary.

Stacey LaCour   August 2nd, 2010 1:20 pm ET

August 2nd, 2010 1:07 pm ET
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
I am only a Central Louisiana resident. No expert on any subject. I have not even been into the southern Gulf areas since the oil leak. I feel that this is what is referred to in the bible as God, turning the waters of the earth into blood. I am no religon expert, not even someone who goes around yelling to people to repent. But there are so many areas being affected, and now there is another oil leak in a lake in the northern US area. It is killing fish, and water life, plants, etc. If everyone will go into their bible and read what is to come, the things are stacking up. The fires in Russia, the continued move that Iran is making on the rest of us. The temprature rising all over the planet. Heat waves killing people, Wars in areas and rumors of wars. People, it is like buying health insurance before you get sick. Pray for us all, each other, and our earth and we are just purchasing insurance for our eternity.
Please yall, start to pray, daily, hourly if you can remember to. It can only help. The non believers can pray, just to cover all bases. What can it hurt? And those of us who believe, we know the good that can come from it. The ladies from Garabandal, Spain, Medjughore, etc are bringing messages that tell us over and over to get right. To pray, to behave. Why not make an experiment out of it. Let's all just try to pray for each other and our government officials and see what happens

Stella   August 2nd, 2010 1:39 pm ET

This woman should never have a forum for her b.s. What a waste of time and air.

Cajazz76:24:8   August 2nd, 2010 3:20 pm ET

@Ted

Hope you are doing well and enjoying this nice warm summer. Ted, the one responsible for ' The Obama Deception ' in none other than Austin-based radio personality Alex Jones. I cut it short by just saying his alter-ego is Pat Buchanan..enough said. Take care Ted and don't allow yourself to be conned...neo-conned..paleo-conned etc. Jones titles himself as a paleoconservative...a neo-nutzi at heart...caj

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter