CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

July 13, 2010

ICYMI – Wyclef Jean: Haiti still hurting

Posted: 11:11 AM ET
Love Child   July 13th, 2010 1:31 pm ET

Hello Larry,

First I love your show and will miis you when you leave.

I was watching the news today and they was talking about people living with HIV. They was saying people with HIV have no way on getting medication, if the lost their job and health coverage.

I lived in New York most of my life and I have been posative for the past eight years. They have a program called Hasa for people with HIV(or) Aids which wiil allow you to receive Medicaid, food stamps and a monthly income of $200.00 every two weeks.(You Don't have to worry about medication).

Now,that I have moved to North Carolina I have no medicaid,
no income and no way of getting my medication exccept through a pharmacal program which will not lasst for a life time.

My question is :Why do we have to die because there is no medicaid avilable to us in the state of North Carloina unless we have children (or) receive disablity?

My next question is: Why can't the people of the satae of North Carlina receive the same benefits for people with HIVas the peolpe wirh HiV who lives in the state of New Yorl?

gerald Jolly   July 13th, 2010 2:12 pm ET

Like the man says.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Smith in Oregon   July 13th, 2010 5:02 pm ET

With the Republican Potty'ticians actively attempting to close down Social Security, Medicare-Medicaid, Unemployment benefits and America's Health Care plan, WHAT response would the Republican Potty'ticians have to these enormous International Disasters?

Very likely Republican Potty'tician's would simply shake their heads, shrug their shoulders and go back to reading their daily stock investment reports.

Cajazz76:24:8   July 13th, 2010 6:21 pm ET

@gerald Jolly

You got it right on the mark...I am so upset that there is so much money $OMEWHERE...that was afforded to feed and rebuild the nation of Haiti. I blogged today on LKL Tonight (yesterdays tonight) that elections are upcoming in November and may be the clutch that is not engaging the gears to disperse the bucks.. Dang, reading that last sentence makes me confused about tomorrow...lol..Take care gerald and Semper Fi as tempers fly over where and when those in need will get the feed from the pledged good deeds. Maybe there is a bit of political reality disguised as "chameleon" righteousness for an opportunity to swing an election. How is the book coming along?

marc   July 13th, 2010 10:02 pm ET

i my self think if mel gibson did what he did they should deal with him like any blue colar worker in this countrey...... it seams like when u have the money its ok to do what theae people do ... but if you work every day to make ends meat and do somthing somthing like that your in jail for a long time....the thing im tring to get to is the ritch people in our world think they can get away with any thing cause they have money to pay off people when the less fortunet would be sitting in jail till the judge wanted to prosicute somone....... i guess what im tring to say is if you do the crime what makes you better than someone that dont have your money.......i thought all man was created equal .... I think its all about money anymore ,,,

Rita   July 14th, 2010 12:49 am ET

This is not his first time abusing this lady .He should have been arrested for knocking her teeth out ,abuse is abuse no matter who you are how much money you have or what color you are.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter