CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

July 9, 2010

LeBron James will play for the Miami Heat

Posted: 12:26 PM ET

Click here to take our poll: Are you happy with Lebron James’ decision to play for the Miami Heat?

The morning after NBA superstar LeBron James spurned the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Miami Heat, the Heat announced it has sold out its "currently available" season ticket inventory.

After "extremely brisk" sales over the past couple of weeks, sales peaked "in a new intensity the last couple of days," Heat President of Business Operations Eric Woolworth said in a press release.

Since Wednesday, James and his fellow U.S. Olympian and perennial NBA all-star Chris Bosh have committed to leaving their old teams to join the Heat and its star, Dwyane Wade.

Wade led the Heat to the 2006 NBA championship and has agreed to re-sign with Miami and Bosh was a standout with the Toronto Raptors.

"We're going to be a really good team," James said.

James, who joined the Cavaliers straight out of high school and played forward for the team for his entire career, announced his decision during a much-ballyhooed ESPN special Thursday entitled "The Decision."

The superstar free agent said a conversation with his mother Thursday morning sealed the deal.

"I think I decided this morning," James said. "Then I talked with my mom. Once I had that conversation with her I think I was set."

(READ MORE)

Filed under: Sports

DJ   July 9th, 2010 12:55 pm ET

Well im from Chicago so i kinda knew he wasnt comin here.But now i believe that the Miami Heat will b one of the best team in the NBA. I think Lebron made a good choice.

Dee   July 14th, 2010 8:04 pm ET

U know no this is like obaa if he make a right turn they have a problem if he makes left turn it's a problem give the man a chance and see what's going to happen things just don't happen over night the problem they both blac a nd that's one struck again them what we need to do is be equal and sit back and let the man do his job if u cut us open u will see the same come on people let's get together united we stand the president and labone is not who we as a nation should be worried about

hugovillacis   July 9th, 2010 1:27 pm ET

it was awesome for the city of miami n the heat,go heat....

Ephrem Johnson   July 9th, 2010 7:37 pm ET

You've really got to be kidding me...people act like someone died. This is not the first time a good player left a team for another. An NBA player has a window of about ten yrs to win a title and Labron gave cleveland seven, what more do they want. The owner of the cavaliers acted like a spoiled child and so did some of the fans. Players get hurt and owners drop them like a hot potato and nothing is said about it. I want to see these cavaliers fans burn an Armani suit in front of the owners office the next time they cut a player that got hurt. You can't have it both ways...it's a business and the fans need to remember that.

LORENZO   July 9th, 2010 9:46 pm ET

HE'LL DO FINE..BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MANSION IN AKRON, OHIO ?

G   July 11th, 2010 5:30 am ET

I know right that crib looks good

jerry   July 11th, 2010 12:40 am ET

I truly believe that not only Lebron James, but every athelte has the right to play where ever they choose to play. I think it"s disappointing to see how the owner as well as the fans treat lebron because of his decision to leave. It's amazing to see that they all forget what Lebron has done for the city as well as the team since his arrival .

Brekkia   July 11th, 2010 5:14 am ET

My opinion on lebron qoinq to miami is he shouldn't have went. He qrew up in cleveland. That's his whole life! Why LeBron , Why? Now you make Miami a biq threat. Their coach was just waitin on you to say yes bekuz as soon as yhu did he start'd qettin rid of his whole startin line! Why would you do this to your ppl LEBRON? Plus you qot paid more in your hme state! i now have a diff'rent perspective of you! Uqqh

MH   July 11th, 2010 10:56 am ET

What does it matter? People act like this man and his decision is the end of the world or something....Let LeBron be happy and do his thing. The owner's statement was very childish and should make any player think twice before working with him. I don't remember any of this mess when Jordan, Magic, Shaq or any one else traded teams. Looks to me like they all think he's a king!

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter