CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

July 6, 2010

Lindsay Lohan sentenced to 90 days in jail

Posted: 06:48 PM ET

Actress Lindsay Lohan missed nine alcohol counseling sessions since December, when a judge ordered her to attend weekly classes or face jail, the program's director testified at Tuesday's probation revocation hearing.

While missing those sessions might result in Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel ruling Lohan had violated her probation, the judge ruled that another incident - Lohan's alleged consumption of alcohol last month - will not be viewed as a possible probation violation.

Lohan has apparently not missed a weekly counseling session since May 20, when Revel ruled that there was "probable cause to believe (Lohan) is in violation of probation" from a 2007 drunken driving conviction.

Lohan was ordered not to drink alcohol and an electronic bracelet was fitted on her leg on May 24 to detect if she did.

The SCRAM bracelet measured an alcohol level of 0.03 percent in the actress' body at midnight on June 7, but reported a zero reading four hours later, Revel said during Tuesday's hearing. The alert would be a bond violation, but not a probation violation, she said.

(READ MORE)

Filed under: Entertainment

Lucy   July 6th, 2010 6:56 pm ET

She's out of control. I hope she serves the full 90 days and gets into a treatment program while there.

She's a tragedy in waiting.

Vicki   July 6th, 2010 7:47 pm ET

...NOOO Micheal Lohan on Larry King!!! Enough! No more M Lohan or Dina Lohan.

CalGal   July 6th, 2010 8:29 pm ET

Maybe this will finally wake her up to the fact that she has a problem. Let's just hope she doesn't hop on a plane to another film festival and say she lost her passport again. Do your time Lindsey & get help–you have a long life ahead of you if you clean up your act.

Ephrem Johnson   July 6th, 2010 9:04 pm ET

I wish that I could have told the judge at my hearing "Those are not my pants the police found cocaine in therefore,it's not a crime" and only be charged with DUI. The judge would probably still be laughing and I would still be in jail.

dee   July 6th, 2010 9:13 pm ET

Why is this a story? Poor Lindsay, what a waste of CNN air time! Give me a break!

kevin   July 6th, 2010 9:16 pm ET

I dont know a lot about the Lindsay Lohan story, but what I am seeing tonight is a Father trying to prevent a funeral for his daughter.

Tamara at BanChang   July 6th, 2010 9:17 pm ET

"Evironment" children of smokers will smoke.
Children of alcoholic's drug abusers stand a high chance of being an Alcoholic and drug abuser.
Lindsey's father needs to say she a product of the enviroment I provided her growing up. Instead he says its her fault and everyone else who's around her fault.
Lindset's paretns should be serving her jail time with her.

ckesling   July 6th, 2010 9:18 pm ET

suddenly lisa bloom has changed her veiw on drinking and driving.... now that she is lohans' lawyer !!! what a joke she is. lindsay needs this time to reflect on her actions, she could have killed someone !!!!lisa has said this time and time again !!!! and where was her dad when she was growing up ??? JAIL AND IN TROUBLE MOST OF THE TIME.. case dissmissed !!!

Kathryn Stark   July 6th, 2010 9:21 pm ET

It's tragic that this young lady has an addiction problem but as someone who will live the rest of my life with a disability incurred in an accident caused by an addict I don't have any sympathy for someone who is sentenced to jail.

Richard M   July 6th, 2010 9:21 pm ET

I agree that Lindsey needs help and needs to take responsibility for her actions. However, her recovery will only be hindered by pop psychologists, fame seeking attorneys and money/spotlight craving parents. She needs someone that is truly concerned for her and not for a payday.

TC   July 6th, 2010 9:21 pm ET

Tell her Dad.............Children Lead by Example! He sits there trying to be the concerned father, yet he put her through alot in her life. Maybe he should have done this year's ago.

Chase   July 6th, 2010 9:25 pm ET

Seriously, why is this a story?

Ask yourself, honestly, if this was anyone else would there be any question whether or not they would be in jail?

No, there wouldn't.

Apparently celebrities are above the law when it comes to drug and alcohol related charges.

Beth   July 6th, 2010 9:27 pm ET

She does need rehab but will do much better in rehab if she goes straight from jail to rehab. If you go from sleeping on a mat on the floor of a jail, you are thrilled to be at rehab. If you go from sleeping in your own bed, watching your own t.v., rehab is a real drag. Dad needs to have some tough love. Does he want to visit her in a jail or 6 ft under. I also don't understand why Calif allows inmates to take prescription narcotic medications. We have a bad drug problem in KY and don't allow those drugs, legally in our jails. That is not to say they don;t get in, but they aren't handed to the inmates.

REDZONE10   July 6th, 2010 9:30 pm ET

Why do the Lohans think the law doesn't apply to them?She was given more chances than the average person her age, and she violated every time. She is a danger to not only herself, but to the public if she is allowed to continue, and for her father to try and portray her as some victim, she is only a victim of him and her mother. I had a DUI 22 yrs ago, had to do community service, pay a fine and cost's, spent thousands over 7 yrs on higher auto insurance, and restitution, but guess what, I NEVER DID IT AGAIN. OH AND I DID SOME HRS IN JAIL BEFORE ANY OF IT, AND IT WAS MY FIRST, AND MY LAST. DON'T DO THE CRIME, IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME LINSEY!!! PERIOD.SHE SHOULD DO EVERYDAY SENTENCED.

Victoria Word   July 6th, 2010 9:32 pm ET

I am a grandmother who is raising two grandchildren because their Mother and Father are repeated drug users. Lindsay needs to go the distance and look at life from the other side of the fence. Until then she will not be able to find a desire to change her life. She will totally survive ninety days in jail and come out with a different perspective. She may not survive continued drug use. Do not feel bad for her. Be happy that she may be on her way to living a better life. Leave her where she is. She needs this slap of reality.

Alysia   July 6th, 2010 9:34 pm ET

Wow! I Micheal Lohan was on Larry. While i wish all the best for Lindsay Lohan that she can get the guidance she needs to defeat this addiction and be the star she was ment to be, I can't help but think that for her parents and her family, it to little to late. I mean she has no one in her life that she can look up to for a role model. Her Parents seems to use her for their own gain. Fame and Fourtune but at what cost.

REDZONE10   July 6th, 2010 9:37 pm ET

OH AND FORGOT THE 2 YRS PROBATION, WHICH COSTS TOO. I HATED EVERY MOMENT OF THE EXPERIENCE, AND AGAIN, I NEVER DID IT AGAIN, GROW UP, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY , AND LEARN SOMETHING, SINCE THEY SAY YOUR SUCH A BRIGHT AND WONDERFUL PERSON, WOW, WHO ELSE DO THEY KNOW?

Gerard Mc Ardle, Drogheda & Belfast, Ireland   July 6th, 2010 9:41 pm ET

She said she wanted to be treated as normal; so the judge treated her as normal just like she'd treat normal people who laughed at the law. & that blond lawyer that was so much shouting on your channel about the misdemeanours of golfer Tiger Woods is gone all casual when it involves her client. She can't have her bread buttered on both sides. So the judge was right in that now she has jailed this not so special as any of the rest of us person, & same can get treatment while she's in prison.

Christopher DeBrango   July 6th, 2010 9:45 pm ET

I hope that California voters following the Lindsay Lohan saga will think about drugs, addiction and youth when they go to vote on legalizing marijuana in November. She is the poster child for keeping all intoxicating drugs aka narcotics illegal forever. They do nothing but destroy lives especially among the young and those vulnerable to conformist pop culture that advocates its use.
Contrast narcotics with alcohol, which is a legal substance, and very different product than marijuana, cocaine, heroin and designer drugs like ecstasy. Those narcotics exist only to get the user high and keep them incapacitated. Alcohol like wine and beer are enhancements to food and medically proven positive substances when used in moderation. They are the direct opposite of narcotics.

gerald Jolly   July 6th, 2010 10:31 pm ET

The question is.

WHY NOT??

If this was an ordinary young adult person the sentence would have been at least one year.

When is our legal system going to treat all offenders the same??

Is Lindsay Lohan made of something special, and the ordinary young people are made of "PUKE"

Give me a break.

Lock her up, and throw away the key.

Irina   July 6th, 2010 11:28 pm ET

I know I can help her and can help others to stop this addiction. I would be glad to use my non-traditional healing ability to help her without any publicity or money.

Martin Junk   July 7th, 2010 12:04 am ET

tough break but you go to jail like any other citizen that disregards a court order... suck it up and be a grown up for once

DON JOHNSON   July 7th, 2010 12:05 am ET

NOBODY CARES
STOP GIVING THIS LITTLE SPOILED BRAT AIR TIME

Martin Junk   July 7th, 2010 12:08 am ET

Larry, listening to this whining Ms Lohan is not news and not worthy all this attention.. Why are you giving this air time.

time to turn the channel

john haxby   July 7th, 2010 12:21 am ET

lohan , has entered the gates of hell.....

kathe   July 7th, 2010 1:26 am ET

the funny thing is ,is that she hasn't even hit rock bottom yet. All she is doing is laughing at the law and trying to get away with everything. Its not enough time if you ask me. She'll be out in notime.The judge should of ordered a longer sentence and rehab right after her jail time.She got off to easy. I personally would not pay a dime to see her in any films.

Rhonda   July 7th, 2010 3:23 am ET

If she failed to appear in court a few times, Because she was partying at the Canns festival. Oh I can't make it it's not good for me that day.
I would have had a bench warrant for my arrest just for that. She was drinking and doing cocaine. diving under the influence. I say the judge did the right thing. Why should Celebrities get speciial treatment?
It's the court of law. Why should she get treated differently. I don't feel sorry for her.

Rhonda   July 7th, 2010 3:26 am ET

I think the dad should keep his trap shut and let the law kick in for once.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   July 7th, 2010 8:02 am ET

She needs some tough love by the sounds of it. Maybe put on an island where there are no temptations. Is she mixing with the wrong crowd. What is the problem.

Ted   July 7th, 2010 9:28 am ET

I am sick and tired of hearing about the crimes commited by Hollywood bums and seeing the royal treatment they get!
Lohan had her chance, but she though she is better, therefore she should stay in jail for 90 days and work in the kitchen or the laundry.
She may learn something about life.

Quincey G   July 7th, 2010 10:56 am ET

I sincerely believe Micheal Lohan wants to see his daughter get the help she needs. I know He's not been a model parent in the past, but at least He's trying to make amends now! (Where's the Mother Dina? Why isn't she fighting for her daughter's life?) He knows that drug and alcohol addiction is hereditary. He knows what its like to spend time in jail beause of addiction. Ms Lohan needs an intervention. She's lied and made enough excuses already. I think she refused to understand the merit of attending court appointed weekly meetings. Going twice in one week to make up for missing a meeting because she was working just did not cut it with this judge. How can she learn sobriety if she doesn't follow the rules? She absoulutely needed to be there every week. Having said that, I ask who was keeping tabs on that girl? Why didn't someone call her out on this as soon as she missed the 1st meeting? She needs to put every last ounce of energy in to getting well. Her Dad said that every day he wonders if that day will be Lindsey's last. It's all just terribly sad.

gerald Jolly   July 7th, 2010 11:06 am ET

Like yesterday's trash.

Throw her out into the garbage bin.

Good ridance to her and all the misfits like her.

VICKIE   July 7th, 2010 9:41 pm ET

Ted is correct,,have her work in kitchen and laundry ...

june   July 7th, 2010 9:56 pm ET

You all are right this child is a accident waiting to happen, Lindsey should enroll in pepperdine University, and forget all about the business she is presently in, she would be a good drug counselor, or she will become another star dead due to drug use, it seems hollywood is a big trap they give you all the fame and fortune and all the drugs you need and then their dead, Lindsey get out of the business it's not for you

HANK   July 8th, 2010 2:50 am ET

HER MOM NEEDS HELP TOO..ANOTHER BASKET CASE ..& THEN THE YOUNGER DAUGHTER MAY FOLLOW ALSO..

Jeanne   July 9th, 2010 1:10 am ET

It is interesting to see that so many in the public eye are being very harsh on Lindsay. It is true that she has gotten herself in quite a predicament at such a young age. If we could look at the positive side in what being a celebrity really means. Lindsay has power and money, and has been looked up to in her past. If Lindsay could put her power and money into something worthwhile, rather than focusing on herself and personal gain and pleasures, we could see a turnaround in Lindsay's life as well as for others. I would recommend Lindsay think about such organizations like Feed my Starving Children where she could be a part of giving a message of hope and of sharing to these poor little starving children in Africa or Korea. For example, this year's Daytime Emmy Award Winners helped to sponsor Feed the Children where they helped distribute food and essentialsand are working to reach 200,000 families by the end of 2010.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter