CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

July 2, 2010

ICYMI: 'Whale Wars' Helps the Gulf

Posted: 10:39 AM ET
Dodie   July 2nd, 2010 1:06 pm ET

Without a diverse biosphere, there will be no hope for our species. We “are” caught in the web of life on Earth. We are “only” a link within the long chain. When we continue to destroy all that is around us, how do you expect our species to survive? Life on this planet exists because of the balance. Without that, there is nothing!!!

This fight about whales goes deeper than protecting a majestic species on the brink of extinction …. It goes to the core of our being and our own survival. The catastrophic events taking place in the Gulf of Mexico is another war to salvage a dying eco-system. The natural occurrence of nature gives way to species propagating and disappearing; however, we are creating an out of balance condition on this planet and with every species we exterminate, we are placing one more nail in our coffin…..

NJJoe   July 2nd, 2010 2:32 pm ET

After 25 years, we’ll miss ya Larry. Your announcement reminded me very much of what the late great Walter Cronkite said before leaving CBS. He of course went on to continue some very good work for many years afterward.

Before you leave, I’d love to see 30 minutes (or more) with Ted Turner. I’d love to hear his opinion of what he thinks of the network he created, what it has become today, where he thinks it should go from here, about the way cable news has changed us, and what the news media in general has become; what’s wrong with it, what’s right with it, and what he’d like to see changed.

We could then talk about the current state of affairs; the current president, the economy, and of course, BP.

Thanks for considering my request, and best wishes for the future.

Joe G. (Illinois)   July 2nd, 2010 4:26 pm ET

Some people say that the fish and animals are getting decimated by the gulf’s oil spill. Others that the fish from the Gulf are Ok to eat and stake up restaurants with.

Bottom line:
This is the Americana fish and animals we are talking about.. The Americana Gulf Oil Spill.. The Americana problem. No one by Americana people ought to be in charge of this situation.

Now.. Just like Buracas Obama is in charge of that 9 year war going on in Afghanistan and Iraq, he is also in charge of the Gulf Oil Spill. With loud voice and great confidence he is achieving victory in all fronts such as: The Wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, The Economy, The Unemployment, etc, etc and he did say that he’s kicking BP butt..

So, take it easy, relax, forget about ever getting out of this situation and have a good day.

Dodie   July 2nd, 2010 10:55 pm ET

Joe G. (Illinois)

Being in charge of the Gulf Oil Spill and having the where to and ability to fix it, is again, another issue. No government nor Oil company can fix this... if they could, it would have been fixed. We should never be drilling in an area in which we cannot solve the problem. We are drowning in our own greed....

Lori   July 3rd, 2010 1:41 am ET

I am disappointed I missed the show last night with Captain Paul Watson, Bob Barker and other guests! I didn't realize they were going to be guests. I was actually wearing my "Sea Shepherd" shirt in a store this evening and I heard someone behind me say "I'm just looking at your shirt!" I turned around and the gentleman told me about Captain Watson and Bob Barker being on last night! Hope you repeat the show soon🙂
Love both of these men and what they are doing to try to help stop whaling by the Japanese and all of their other animal rights causes that they support.

PAPilot   July 3rd, 2010 7:30 am ET

Yeah, a band of maritime criminals is a credible source of opinion on anything... right...

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   July 3rd, 2010 7:59 am ET

@Joe G. (Illinois) July 2nd, 2010 4:26 pm ET

I take it that you are being sarcastic here and can't blame you. Very sad situations indeed.

Yes, It is despicable the way BP is carrying on and allowed to carry on. It is looking more like the chickens are coming home to roost and reap what you sow thing.

I just feel sorry for all the innocents in all of this who have to suffer at the hands of others. Their day will come.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   July 3rd, 2010 8:06 am ET

I must say, this "Whale Wars" group being interviewed on this video with Larry King, look quite a committed bunch of people and mean business in what they do. Not for the fainthearted.

Lucy   July 3rd, 2010 7:46 pm ET

This show was almost too painful to watch.

Bless the people who do this work.

dolphinblue   July 4th, 2010 5:08 am ET

Please vote for Sea Shepherd as your favorite non-profit on ebay, voting ends july 4th. They only need about 65 votes to win $15,000, and you could win a $500 gift certificate to ebay.

Carlos   July 4th, 2010 9:40 pm ET

Every time I see them or hear them south park comes to mind

JVano   July 25th, 2010 1:22 pm ET

The "Whale Wars" story was the most one sided, I have seen on The Larry King show.

For a more complete understanding of the whale killing issue one should read about the history of the International Whaling Commission and about Paul Watson's history.

Seems odd that no whale killing nations (USA included) were allowed to speak for themselves.

Even if the Japanese stop killing whales, there are many other countries who will continue to do so. Vigilante justice is not the way to address the situation. This matter should be taken to the world court for the sake of the peoples and whales safety.

hank rottmann   September 3rd, 2010 6:00 am ET

Long ago I sent e mail to Japan's Govt; to let them know that myself and others are boycotting Japanese products because of their policies on illegal fishing and specifically whaling

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter