CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

June 24, 2010

Former Jackson doctor denies drinking night before Michael died

Posted: 08:29 AM ET

(via EOnline)

Heard the one about Conrad Murray boozing it up at a strip club the night before Michael Jackson died?

Well, Murray has and he's not happy about it.

A rep for the not so good doctor shot down Joe Jackson's claim that he administered propofol while under the influence or otherwise engaged in any sort of behavior unbefitting a physician on the eve of Michael's death.

In fact, he went so far as to say allegations of such behavior were not only untrue on that occasion, but they would be untrue on any occasion, thanks to one very important but apparently ignored-by-Joe detail.

"Dr. Murray does not drink," Miranda Sevick, the spokeswoman for Murray's defense team told E! News. "It is complete and utter nonsense, just ridiculous."

READ MORE from EOnline!

TUNE IN THIS FRIDAY FOR OUR INTERVIEW WITH JERMAINE JACKSON – HIS FIRST INTERVIEW FROM MICHAEL'S FINAL RESTING PLACE!

Filed under: Larry King Live • Michael J. Fox

patty anderson   June 24th, 2010 8:41 am ET

Oh possum face Murray. Deny deny all you want. People saw you there, and oh don't forget the camera's. Camera's don't lie. But you sure do Murray.
You took the life of the most precious human being that ever walked this earth. It's time for you to go down Murray.
Lori keep calling for the reunion. I'm sure many of us will be here tomorrow.

Larry's claire   June 24th, 2010 8:45 am ET

A ROSE FOR AN ANGEL.

A single red rose
Everybody knows
Is a speical gife from me,

I lay it down
Upon the ground
so everyone can see.

A symdol to show
My love for you
Will never ever die,

A chance to say
I'm sorry
For the times I made you cry.

A candle light
Burns bright tonight
As I look up to the sky,

I just can't find the words
To ever say
Goodbye.

Michael be happy where ever you are. Missing you every minute of every day.

Aweda   June 24th, 2010 8:50 am ET

The should til be subject to investigation. Pls larry tel the world the true story

Aweda   June 24th, 2010 8:51 am ET

The doctor should til be subject to investigation. Pls larry tel the world the true story.

Purple Haze   June 24th, 2010 9:46 am ET

Faith has to do with things that are not seen and hope with things that are not at hand.

babycarie   June 24th, 2010 9:55 am ET

I don't care if he was drinking a Coke!!! He was blatantly negligent and left Michael all alone to die!!! The flat affect within this man speaks to his cocky arrogance, his pure negligence even with his own children, and his evil self. There could not be enough punishment to male him pay for what he has done...only to die in the same manner.

babycarie   June 24th, 2010 10:02 am ET

Regardless, the act of administering all the benzos and topping them off with an overdose of propofol is just criminal...it really begs the ? why did Murray wait until June 25th?? It appears obvious from the list of drugs administered to Michael the intent was to kill...so come on Murray...tell the 'troot'!!!

fred   June 24th, 2010 10:06 am ET

only the lord knows what really happened..he'll receive his DUE ...

Love Lives Forever   June 24th, 2010 10:53 am ET

“What the heart has once known, it shall not forget”.

Fondly remembering Michael.

Judie   June 24th, 2010 11:46 am ET

Murry then start telling the truth..there were only the 2 of you there and if you could produce the missing tapes we might get the truth.

Lori - Justice for Michael   June 24th, 2010 12:29 pm ET

I wonder how someone who is allegedly broke, unable to pay his court-ordered child support obligations and his professional and personal bills, can afford to retain a legal defense team that comes complete with a media spokeswoman?

Hopefully this, and other burning questions will be answered during the pendency of all the court cases. Michael deserves Justice. His children and family deserve justice. We need to know the truth about what happened. So, many, many unanswered questions. I cannot believe it has been a year already.

JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL 8)
DR. QUACK IS WACK

"Pixie Dust "   June 24th, 2010 1:04 pm ET

Purple Haze,thanks for sharing your quotes with us all, they are so true and much appreciated,many smiles to you.

mary u from ohio   June 24th, 2010 1:10 pm ET

If this was true... then why wasn't it said at the beginning...
They stories keep coming in...
Will they ever stop?

Judie   June 24th, 2010 1:22 pm ET

@Lori We all would like the answers to these questions... a year ago today the whole world paused in honor of Michael Jackson and today a yr. later we still ask why. In Loving Memory RIP KOP youre always in my heart xoxo never wanna say goodbye

Adrienne   June 24th, 2010 2:37 pm ET

Can't Dr. Murray and his legal team stop lying for just one day. Give it a rest. Show some respect to the family and his fans. Joe is just speaking the truth. And his attorneys are spreading lies like usual. The truth will set you free. Rest in Peace MJ

Purple Haze   June 24th, 2010 5:13 pm ET

Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be.
Be one.

TRUE-TO -YOU   June 24th, 2010 5:49 pm ET

@purple haze my friend

awaken your heart and let love thrive
thats when you know you are alive

i believe i will be there its all for love love is free

cocovelvet   June 24th, 2010 6:20 pm ET

Actually, this is not the first time with the story of this kind about Dr. Propofol. It was mentioned also sometimes after MJ passed away that he was indeed seen somewhere rocking the night away drinking and talking negative about MJ. How many times is he going to deny that anyway ??!!

Surprising enough, he is all of a sudden a non-drinker ??!!! Ofcourse according to his spokeswoman for his defense team..... let the show continue Dr. Propofol with your lies, we will be keeping track of the court proceedings.....

Marguerite   June 24th, 2010 9:27 pm ET

I refuse to say things about MJ and Murray. Unless you was there on June 25th we don't know anything for a fact.

MaryRM   June 24th, 2010 10:29 pm ET

drinking, not drinking, this is irrelevant. By Murray's own admission he administered anesthetic outside a hospital setting without the required equipment.

52 weeks ago today I was working when my coworker told me that Michael had a heart attack. We both went on the internet and shortly the news was confirmed that he had died. over the next weeks and months I would occasionally break out in tears at work. Once when they asked why this affected me so, I answered – he was one of the sweetest men on earth. They couldn't hide their shock, they only knew him as a tabloid joke.

Over the past year the media has slowly and grudgingly changed their portrayal of Michael. I doubt they will ever admit their culpability in his hardships but I have no doubt history will paint them with a McCarthy-esque brush.

Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven.

CuriousCat   June 24th, 2010 11:19 pm ET

@Marguerite – how are you tonight sweet girl ?

I agree, I will say nothing about Murray, perhaps Murray's ENTIRE roll in this is to be found "guilty in the court of public opinion" yet not really guilty at aLL

Sound familiar ??

Michael we will make it RIGHT with you showing us the way.

All is not lost, you are the inspiration to make it right !!!

Marguerite   June 24th, 2010 11:49 pm ET

Curious Cat- As always I am fantastic. How are you? Yes it does sound familiar. Nothing is as it seems. Something tells me the next 48 hours are going to be topsy turby and one heck of a coaster ride. Michael Is The Man With The Plan.

CuriousCat   June 24th, 2010 11:57 pm ET

Marguerite – I'm ready to get on that roller coaster ride, afterall, the ride so far has been GRAND !

Anxiously waiting to see what's next – the best is YET to come

Marguerite   June 25th, 2010 12:13 am ET

Curious Cat - Yes the coaster ride has been GRAND so far with all the twists, turns, corkscrews, helix, double helix etc.lol Do you like coasters? If so what is your favorite and where did you ride it?lol I am so looking forward to the next stage of this staged event. Who knows it might be MJ showing up ALIVE.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   June 25th, 2010 2:44 am ET

Looking forward to seeing the documentary called "Gone Too Soon" about MJ on TV this Saturday night.

letta(IbeLIEve)   June 25th, 2010 4:29 am ET

Good Morning Everyone or Afternoon whichever it may fall into.
Today is the date of Michael Suppose to be death, but in my heart I feel that he is very much alive. Doing things that he miss out on while dedicating his life to music and his fans, Today, to me is a celebration for Michael, not sadness as some may have it. I am a Believer and will continue to be one. So, my day will be nothing but Michael Day of nothing but music and happiness for him. Because, wherever he may be he is enjoying the peace of mine along with his kids, and family. Michael the Superstar shall always be with us in memory, and Michael the person will always be in the Hearts of his Children. With all my Love to Michael ...Hugs & Love & Lot's of Blessings. Letta

letta(IbeLIEve)   June 25th, 2010 4:34 am ET

WOW. this keeps getting bettter and better, always a new twist to the story not sure what to make out of this either. Letta

letta(IbeLIEve)   June 25th, 2010 4:40 am ET

Spread love everywhere you go: First of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor …Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness: Kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness is the best way to show love.

Your smile, Kindness in your warm greets. That is what showing love is all about

Joy is not in thing, it is in us.

letta(IbeLIEve)   June 25th, 2010 5:41 am ET

Anger is the most impotent of passion. If affects nothing it touches and hurts the one who is ot possessed ny it more than the one against whom it is directed. ( Claredon)

Freedom is the ability not to care what the other person thinks

What you think of yourself is much more important than what others think of you. ( Seneca)

Your key to freedom lies in your power to control your thoughts.

Put your interest in the future because you’re going to spend the rest of your life there.

babycarie   June 25th, 2010 8:07 am ET

COCO!
'Dr. Prpofol'!!!
I can't help but wonder where is Tohme???
He just disappeared...first he was all over the news speaking on behalf of Michael and now he is gone.
Maybe in the Islands spending all the money he embezzled form Michael??!!
Dr. Propofol and Arnie Frog Faced Klein nee to share a cell!
Love you my COCO!!
Red and gold for COCO!!!!!!!!!!!

stuci   June 25th, 2010 9:35 am ET

Murray did everything wrong.He didnt have 1 correct stepp,and thats wy Michael died!He have 100-s of versions of the storie,how no one see in the leagal parts,that he is lying???He is guilty!

"Pixie Dust "   June 25th, 2010 10:01 am ET

letta(beLIEve),Thank you for sharing your kind words with us all, it is greatly appreciated.I am a believer to letta,I have always believed in Michael and I will continue to do so.Have a wonderful day, and yes we shall enjoy everything Michael.Sending many (Smiles) from the heart.

letta(IbeLIEve)   June 25th, 2010 12:58 pm ET

@Pixie Dust
Good Day, Thank you for your comment. Glad that you enjoyed my post. I just felt I needed to say what was in my heart and I pretty sure there are alot more out there that may feel the same way. so again thank you. hugs , love & blessings to you. letta

letta(IbeLIEve)   June 26th, 2010 6:25 am ET

Often the goal is nearer than it seems to a faint and faltering man;
often the struggler has given up when he might have captured the victor's cup; and he learned too late when the night came down,
how close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out – the silver tint of the clouds of doubt, and when you never can tell how close you are,
it may be near when it seems afar; so stick to the fight when you're hardest hit – it's when things seem worst, you must not quit.

Bev Nilson   August 14th, 2010 1:13 am ET

Yep,Murray is a snake,no doubt. LOL,imagine he is saying MJ gave himself the od! Surely ,this high priced attorney can do better than that! If anyone on the jury has ever had anaesthetic they would know that that is kinda a hard one to do on your own.Well,irregardless of that,Murray was there,MJ is dead and really what the heck is there to deny?Oh,yeah,someone else snuck up there and did it! Murray,you are truly a selfish man-you wanted an easy ride for money and you thought Michael was it. How is that fancy ride working out for the little tramp you had on the side? For shame,Dr Death ,stand up and be a man,for once in your sorry life.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter