CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

June 6, 2010

Tonight on Larry King Live!

Posted: 01:00 PM ET

TOP 25 MOMENTS!

As Larry King Live’s anniversary week comesto a close, we bring you the TOP 25 momentsin LKL history!

Find out who and what has made an impact, made news and made history on Larry’s show since it began in 1985.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LKL MOMENT OR INTERVIEW?

Filed under: Larry King Live

A. Sanders   June 6th, 2010 2:34 pm ET

Mr. King,
Is it not profiling from those who oppose SB 1070 to suggest that a state, county or local peace officer is not professional enough, nor able to receive the quality of training required to enforce immigration law without racially profiling? That it takes a federal agent to do so responsibly? How is it unfair for an Arizona Highway Patrolman to pull over a speeding vehicle and ask the driver, who speaks broken English at best, if he is a US citizen only after he is unable to produce a driver’s license or any other valid form of ID? Yet, it is perfectly acceptable for a Border Patrol Agent to demand that I disclose to him whether or not my family and I are US citizens during a non-consensual encounter while driving through a BP checkpoint located well within the borders of my own country?

Donna   June 6th, 2010 2:40 pm ET

Why is all the news so one sided. Israel is getting away with what no other country in the world would. What good is the United Nations when they allow illegal bockades, kidnapping ect… if it were Cuba or Canada doing such crimes, the International outcry would be never ending in the news from the start of the blockade. Why has Israel been allow to steal homes, lives ect… from a people that have lived for generations in peace. Of course thier going to fight back,if a populations homes and life were being ripped from them anyone would fight in any way they could. Israel of all countries should know this feeling after what their grandparents had to endour in the second world war. Shame on Israel. They are become everything they proscuted Germans for

gerald Jolly   June 6th, 2010 3:58 pm ET

One of the funniest moments that I have ever seen on the LKL show was when Larry and THE DONALD compered their hair styles and poked fun at each other when Larry told THE DONALD that his mouth looked like the mouth of a BIG CARP FISH, while THE DONALD asked Larry if he wore supenders because he he liked to keep people in SUSPENCE

So funny, almost as funny as THE DONALDS hair piece.

Smith in Oregon   June 6th, 2010 5:12 pm ET

The Turkish medical forensic examiners have indicated the unarmed American citizen on board the French flagged Gaza Food and Medical supply peace flotilla that was executed was shot 4 times in the head at multiple angles, behind the head, in the forehead and in the temple at extremely close range, (point blank) by the Israeli Commando's.

This execution of a American Citizen by Israeli Commando's appears to be identical to mobsters with a grudge who shoot their victim multiple times in the face at close range to 'make them ugly'. The resulting carnage is so extreme, it guarantees the victim is buried in a closed casket without being viewed by the family and friends.

It's really sad that the brutal execution of an American civilian citizen by the Israeli Commando's has been swept under the carpet by the News Media. The American people know the Israeli claim of self-defense is a outrageous lie, this was a act of terrorism.

Smith in Oregon   June 6th, 2010 5:35 pm ET

Be All You Can Be in a Republican Dream Vacation of a lifetime in the Coasts of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and the Florida Panhandle!

Imagine breathing in the smell of progress (crude oil) as you relax in your hotel and villas! View the world's largest dead zone in the entire world everyday of your vacation! The EPA promises, your children are entirely safe as they swim in the toxic, poisonous and carcinogenic waters lapping up on the shoreline. Enjoy the sounds of silence from the absence of the frogs, pelicans and seagulls!

Admiral Thad Allen has personally tasted the very food you'll be eating, and he vouches for it's safety! Every visitor that books their gulf coast vacation can receive a complimentary tar ball! Imagine being the first on your block with a Gulf Region tar ball!

Be all you can be with this Republican Dream vacation and remember thanks to the GOP there's plenty of crude Oil to go around the entire State of Florida!

True South Africa   June 6th, 2010 5:50 pm ET

Hi Larry: Love your show!! Do me a favor...ask the media, newspaper & TV especially, why South Africa is never portrayed the beautiful country that is! Did you see Washington Post's Sunday! South Africa is hosting the World Cup(first African Country btw) and the writer, Liz Clarke show a boy on the cover, and onto A14, continues to put SA down by giving the impression that the World Cup is going to be played with some poles made by 7 year olds!! Larry have you been to South Africa – Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, especially Sandton? No place like it(no joke)...When will the media appreciate Africa? Please ask your audience Larry...email me and I'll tour with you in South Africa, maybe after the World Cup🙂 Thank you for your show....

Kevin D.   June 6th, 2010 7:06 pm ET

I think the greatest moment from your show was Tammy Faye Bakker Messner's final interview. I have never seen such an inspiring interview in my life. For her to come before cameras 2 days before she passed away was extraordinary. Thank you so much Mr. King for giving her the opportunity to say goodbye to all the people she loved and to show the World that we should not fear Death and keep our Faith ever strong! The complete interview was available to view on YouTube, but has been removed now due to copyright infringement. I hope that you will have it available to view here for posterity. I want to be able to view it again.

Kim Wilson   June 6th, 2010 7:11 pm ET

Hi Larry,

Kim from Mount Pleasant, Mi. Take a look at B.P.'s live feed. Looks like there using yellow light's so the black oil looks less in color and more like gas?? The white pipe is yellow as well. WOW good try.

Karen Toriello   June 6th, 2010 8:11 pm ET

jesse ventura

Max lawson   June 6th, 2010 8:23 pm ET

June 6, 2010

Dear Ms. Gregoire,

I have written to you several times in regards to my grandchild Shayna Krueger. Hoping that something could and would be done about her unfortunate situation. You once stated, “my family is the center of my life, and making life better for our families’ is the real measure of our work in Olympia, Washington.“ I just like you, value my family and take great pride in making sure they are safe and well taken care of. My grandchild Shayna Krueger is being abused in the home of her “so called suitable placement.” My grandchild has been taken to Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital in Tacoma several times due to her elbow, popping out of place and the physician was able to pop it back in. To me several times is way too many and when does enough become enough? When will someone realize where my grandchild is living is unsafe? I have discussed this matter with physicians and caseworkers; they all tell me these are indicators of abuse. The physicians stated to me that popping of the elbow occurs when the child’s arm is jerked or forcefully pulled. One would think that one’s family member would be safe and a more suitable placement rather than a random person. I have also told Children Service’s, Chrissy Wright and Kim Gabbard of my concerns. My grandchild is in an unsafe place and it saddens my heart to know my concerns have been over looked as well as the physical evidence. I don’t want her to end up like, Tyler DeLeon. At 20 months of age, Tyler was noted to have a large number of bruises over his whole body. Ms. DeLeon reported that he was fearless and inflected injuries on himself. Tyler’s caseworker was incompetent, even after a pattern of abuse, like Shayna. A LAW SUIT followed. Governor, I have asked you for your help before, you were elected for the people and by the people. You’re a mandated reporter, no child left behind, this includes Shayna. So get off your duff and DO YOUR JOB!!! Please help me to protect my grandchild and give her the safe, loving home that she has the right to.

Max Lawson

U.S. Army/ Retiree

Cajazz76:24:8   June 6th, 2010 9:24 pm ET

Larry King

You certainly have gained icon status throughout the world and it has always been a pleasure to view your show. Stay healthy and keep the world watching your unique style of broadcast and thank you for all the times you made them smile. My best to you and the future of LKL.

Oh, please insure your your pesky moderator's lighten up a bit and institute the real time blogs again. Remember the First Amendment should be kept first and foremost to present to the world what a true democracy encapsulates and just maybe there will be more rapid change to move away from stale ideologies and deep rooted biases. Peace and prosperity, and perpetuity to you. cajazz.......

Jane   June 6th, 2010 9:55 pm ET

I loved your show tonight, esp. with Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando. Thank you.

Jane in Sunrise, FL.

june   June 6th, 2010 10:09 pm ET

The vander sloot thing is so freaky is this man a narcistic person or what is happening, first the holloway girl now another girl will he be stopped now or does this go on and on with that crazy man

Horsegirl   June 6th, 2010 10:19 pm ET

I think my favorite Larry King interview was when Larry was interviewing Marlon Brando. That interview shows that Marlon sure had a character! lol!

Ask-maam   June 6th, 2010 10:34 pm ET

Larry HI! I would like to know why no one is challenging Oprah on her discriminatory contest policy"s? Oprah makes a very good living off of millions of viewers in over hundred countries, yet the only people on the planet eligble to enter her contest. to find a new host, are AMERICANS.
Are all the networks and talk show host's afraid to take on OPRAH?

Trudy   June 6th, 2010 10:38 pm ET

Loved your 25 yr. show.
Would you have Ross Perot on a future show? I would like to see what he thinks of our present government.

Brad Mislove   June 6th, 2010 11:38 pm ET

39 other oil spills in the Gulf, leaking tankers, bilge pumps from boats, factories polluting and the list is truly endless. Now the tar balls have reached the Florida Keys. BP will no doubt claim reasonable doubt which could be just enough doubt to limit there obligation for damages. Make no mistake this oil is now in the form of tar balls due to the dispersents they're using. I am adimitaley against making matters worse but I must conclude if we dont color this oil at the point at which it is leaking out there can be no chance of the responsible parties and there multimillion dollar legal firms, will have us over a barrell, when it comes time to pay out. The Government should immediately find a safe color additive and or implement a tracking system that in real time shows where the oil is and where its going. With electronics being what they are today I cant imagine technology not having a simple solution to this real on going situation. Please note the word possible when tar balls or oil are located. It is used in almost all reported stories. The reason the media must use it is the same reason BP will take advantage of the Judicial system we live in. Lets get ahead of them. No good Lawyer ever asks a question he doesnt already have an answer to. Our Government should see this coming and take the proper immediate steps to protect its citizens future income streams. The alternative is our Government picking up the tab. Track this they're still in court 20 years later from the Valdez spill. 20 years from now what would your argument be if you wanted to skirt your obligation to pay?
This is a very sticky situation. Lets not let them have any outs because of some slick legal manuvers.
Sincerly trying to think ahead. Something these oil companies failed miserably at.

Stetson   June 7th, 2010 12:44 am ET

Dear Mr. King,

In the few recent years I have watched your show, there is no other reporter, anchor, or journalist that can bring the fire and ice into an interview like yourself. When I was born you were in your eleventh year doing LKL. Now its 2010, and here's to 25! From seeing the coverage of the Death of Michael Jackson, to the heartbreaking response and charity to the devastating Haiti Earthquake, there is no other show on television that captures more history than LKL. Every time you turn on the chrome microphone and start the show on the coolest set backround design ever, you make history. Watching the 25 year aniversary special makes me truly wish I had been around for the whole fiesta. Seeing people come undone and crumble on live television thanks to your exquisite and directive questions is better than any sports event. Make more history for the rest of your days, and never stop. There are more people born every day who will someday look back in the CNN archives and stumble across the greatest interviewer of all time. As each night you do this game we call news, it becomes the most heated debates and sobering events. I'll keep watching, and America will keep watching, because you'll keep talking. Here's to sunny beaches and sunnier women and the sunniest corona around, keep making history. The King, the ONLY King, and the most magnificent CNN employee to date; congratulations😀

Smith in Oregon   June 7th, 2010 5:36 am ET

Wow, Breaking Bad tonight was outstanding. I hope Larry King brings on the actors of the crew of Breaking Bad. With the season's final episode next week, I'm certain there would be a great deal of viewer interest.

Apparently China has blocked servers and programming from that show, however many Chinese citizens have figured out various ingenious ways around the Chinese firewall and watched tonight's Breaking Bad episode.

CM Schafer   June 7th, 2010 5:38 am ET

I'm watching the 25 Top Moments. I can't help but compare you to Johnny Carson. Two very different men with different jobs, but the utmost respect for their guests. This is why you get the interviews,Larry, and why we watch. Thank you.

Kay   June 7th, 2010 6:00 am ET

Dear Larry,
I am interested in knowing if your show has done a piece with Pamela Geller on the Ground Zero Protest. Although 8,000 people strong the protest at Ground Zero was a huge success. I very disappointed that CNN did air this historical event, as our very being is being threatened by Islamification . I saw a short segment on the Joy Behar show in which she largely let Daisy Kahn speak and not Pamela Geller. I'm curious what our politicians are so afraid of in confronting this demon called Islam and it threat to take over the United states in stealth Jihad. Great Britain is now crippled with the rather aggressive takeover of Muslims.. and quite frankly we are all fed of up being tolerant of them.. when they are very intolerant of us. I have always viewed you as a true journalist and would just like to see someone with credibility attack this head on like the journalist in England are.
Kay Childs

uNa   June 7th, 2010 6:15 am ET

To Larry King:
I am from Cape Town, South Africa and watch the show everyday. What a pleasant surprise that you mentioned Charlize Theron as one of your memorable interviews. Have you seen the movie Invictus, made by Clint Eastwood? Congratulations on your long career at CNN and may you enjoy another decade or two of good health to interview more fasinating people.
regards
uNa

Ståle Stokke-Nicolaisen   June 7th, 2010 6:24 am ET

Hi!

I just want to invite people to join my new facebook group.
Joining it will be equal to supporting a good strong cause.

Please do check the Facebook group called:

" I Believe that Jodi Ann Arias did NOT kill Travis Alexander"

Thank you so much in advance.

-Ståle🙂

Ted   June 7th, 2010 8:53 am ET

Nini-yahoo, the israeli prime minister, AKA Nathan the Terrible, after Ivan the Terrible, the russian czar who killed and murdered hundreds of thousands to establish his rule and to increase the size of his country, had the following to say:
The people on the ship Marmara were violent when our soldiers invaded the ship!!

Nini-yahoo, if you were cruising in international waters and in the middle of the night suddenly a helicopter appears without any notice and armed and masked men decend on your ship, what kind of reception would you offer to those pirates??!!
And when those men would start shooting up your crew and perhaps you too, what a great pleasure it would be to a great part of this world, would you keep smiling or would you put up a resistance?

juney   June 7th, 2010 9:46 am ET

Larry – I have loved your show for years and your interviewing techniques are unmatched; I never miss an episode. With respect to your #3 moment, the death of Michael Jackson, your comment that we have learned since his death that he was a "nice person" was not lost on me or Michael's millions of fans worldwide. What we need is a respected journalist such as yourself willing to devote a show completely to Michael's good works, humanity, innocence, charity, genius songwriting abilities and everything that was Michael Jackson. As you say, we have learned he was a "nice person" but he was more than that. Larry, Michael suffered mercilously at the hands of mainstream media during his lifetime; there are people now more than willing to step forth with the truth, such as Aphrodite Jones, and Tom Mesereau (who you have previously interviewed, and many others who cannot get the mainstream forum they need to spread Michael's message of love, forgiveness and peace. Larry, will you be that person? We all know there are important issues taking place in this world, but what is more important than spreading the truth about a person's heart and soul? Thank you.

gerald Jolly   June 7th, 2010 12:10 pm ET

@ Cajazz, I second your comment.

I agree that using profanity and personal derogatory comments should be sensored, but I like you, would like to bring the issue of amendment rights for free speech and the right of one's opinion.

We critisize China and other countries for not allowing their citizens the right to free speech.

I am of the opinion that Larry has several mainland chinese person acting as sensors for his program.

Your opinion counts

Semper Fi

Cajazz76:24:8   June 7th, 2010 1:11 pm ET

@Ted

The Israeli Ambassador to the U.S., Michael Oren,seemed to stop short
of announcing the U.S. citizen of Turkish descent slaughtered in the raid on the Marmara was the worst case of suicide he had ever seen, with four head shots and one in the chest..Take care Ted..

Cajazz76:24:8   June 7th, 2010 1:22 pm ET

@gerald Jolly

It was just announced that Helen Thomas at 89 years of age, 60 years on the job as a journalist has retired. She championed free speech and it comes to pass it has also silenced her. The 'Bush Babies' and Fox News are all changing their diapers in celebration. Personal opinions can always be challenged, but should never be denied, regardless of content, but with exception to vulgarity, as you well stated. Too many gave their lives to defend that right. Take care gerald and Semper Fi to the First Amendment and your friendship.

gerald Jolly   June 7th, 2010 2:48 pm ET

@ Cajazz.

Although it's true that she spoke out about the situation in Gaza as you feel, I think she had the right to say what she did, it was over reactive granted, but in reality, she could'nt be all that wrong, because more than 80% of the world agreed with her statement that what the Israelis did was wrong, but certainly did not say they should go back to their countries of origin, the fact is that as old as ancient history is, the Isrealites were there a long time before Palistine ever existed in that region, and I do agree that the boycott on ships bringing in humanitarian goods is the right thing to do.
Particularly when it has been proven that in earlier times it was those so-called humanitarian ships that brought in enough war materials to start another war.
Question, "WHAT WOULD YOU DO"??
Semper Fi.
Get well my friend and I hope the medical procedure goes well.

Sebastião V Peluzio Jr   June 7th, 2010 3:54 pm ET

Hello Larry,
i wish i could see the interview that you did with Frank Sinatra.
Congratulations and thank you for your great show.

Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.

JamesB   June 7th, 2010 3:55 pm ET

The only problem is if personal derogatory and profanity are censored, some people's comments would rarely appear. And many of those would be the regulars, particularly on the "personal derogatory" front.

Larry Privette   June 7th, 2010 9:16 pm ET

Why cant the people doing this use a product called Tuff Stuff it swells to several times its size instead of using mud and golf balls and things of that nature. If you have ever used this product you would know what size it will grow to. try pumping several tons deep into the well to try and plug it up.

Bill Kittner   June 7th, 2010 9:25 pm ET

Cant the well shaft be detonated and collapse the well shaft?

Craig   June 7th, 2010 9:29 pm ET

Can oil that shows up later be traced to this well like DNA? What if it shows up in North Carolina in a year and BP denies it is their oil?

grant washburn   June 7th, 2010 9:31 pm ET

Is it possible to inject liquid nitrogen into the casing or BOP to freeze of the flow?

Brian   June 7th, 2010 9:33 pm ET

Larry, this oil spill is less BPs fault then the fault of our government. It is our government that makes it impossible to drill within 100 miles of our coast line. That is the only reason BP and others are drilling so deep.

Sia   June 7th, 2010 9:34 pm ET

What happens when a threshold is reached with the amount of oil expelled from the cavity within the Ocean Floor? Is there not a risk of sink holes?

Donald L Allen   June 8th, 2010 2:54 am ET

ask My little girlfriend if that answer her question what A nutter man harmon got to do with what I want it make me so mad I PIE off I do want that at all see it all wrong four me that is you see I,M in Love with sum one how just don't care about me I don,t no what to do see you Larry be good Miss Cristie or Christen PS what am I post to do wile you two or going out I don,t get it at all

Donald L Allen   June 8th, 2010 2:58 am ET

Larry King age can not see Love what do you think you sued have not said nutting you see and than I parable wood have never new How much I rely like you that is what I say you no tell here that a man is only out four his own fair cricket get the prictre

Katherine Day   June 8th, 2010 5:24 am ET

I am from a very small Oil Capital of the World, enough of everyone waiting for BP to do something, please call in the world of the oilfield experience and get this problem solved.

Katherine Day   June 8th, 2010 5:27 am ET

BP Maybe screwed, Maybe not,? Please allow the rest of the experienced oilfield world to help solve this problem for all of us.

Ted   June 8th, 2010 9:15 am ET

@ cajazz

That 19 years old boy must have been a genius, as supposedly those four head shots came from different directions.
That shows that we can do just anything, so why not just bomb the hell out of that bastard country!?
Do you still fend for President Obama?

IKHAN   June 10th, 2010 8:07 pm ET

Hi larry,
keep up the good work ol' chap & more power to you.

@Cajazz@gerald Jolly@Ted
you guys are super to put it simply. Clarity of perception& getting down to the essence like you do is no simple matter, it takes some doing & courage. Wish more people would read your posts.

In April of 2008 while addressing a gathering at Bar IIan university Mr.Netanyahu said that 9/11 has been very good for Israel."we are benefiting from attacks on Twin Towers,Pentagon & America struggling in Iraq"

And we let them get away with state terrorism & murder. Even the good Jews in Israel & Jewish-Americans are getting fed up of the Israeli govt policies.
The irony is that some of our lawmakers of dual loyalty are jumping to the defence of Israel's act of terrorism.
We Americans have been so lulled into complacency by propagandists & our personal problems that perhaps we don't now give a damn. Not realizing that these policies directly compromise our credibility & influence in a region where we are desperately fighting two wars.Putting our troops at greater risk. Where we have vital economic & geo-political interests to guard & promote our influence.
I would think & I hope every American pauses to take it, in that those politicians who defend such actions against world opinion and all internationally accepted norms are working against the interests of America & Americans.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter