CNN TV
SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

June 2, 2010

ICYMI: Lady Gaga!

Posted: 11:50 AM ET
keisha   June 2nd, 2010 12:31 pm ET

This is in response to the guest on your show named Gaga. If she thinks gays should be able to wear shirts in school than I would like to inform her that Christian individuals should be able to wear them in high school or colleges or anywhere in public as well. What rights gays think they have so should Christians. No government or organization or groups or individual has the right to tell any other individual or groups what they can wear or not wear. If gays can wear what they want and say what they want then we Christians have a right to do it as well. I pray that God will put a stop to all this evil things going on in this country and around the world. Individuals that have certain ideas better wake up before God calls them to leave this earth. America and the world is going to suffer because of all the evil individuals who are trying to change it to socialism and individuals who don't believe in God and who are trying to take God out of everything because it offends them. Christians will suffer as well but we will be the winners in the long run. May God have mercy on all who don't believe in him and who are trying to take him out of everything. As for the ask and don't tell policy in the military, pray that it fails. If someone wants to be gay that's their choice but don't care to knowit and don't want my child to know it neither.

David   June 2nd, 2010 1:32 pm ET

I just wanted to respond to Keisha's comment. Me being a 16 year old boy, I may not have a lot of experience with this, but as a homosexual teenager, I know that it's not a choice. If it was, well, I would definitely choose to be straight. I go to an all-boy's school, so it's not easy. I would much rather get through the school day without fantasizing about my classmates. As much as I don't want to choose it, I'm proud of it. I'm also confused on what you mean by shirts.
As a Christian individual, I am allowed to wear any Christian shirt I want. Why would a Christian not be able to wear a shirt like that. I'm not sure if you mean they should be expressing who they are better or what. Sure, it would be awesome if gays could express themselves better, but for high school gays, it's pretty difficult. We live in a society where it's wrong to be homosexual, especially for Christian homosexuals. I was raised Catholic and I find it very hard to be gay and Catholic at the same time. I have things that I want that would be wrong to the Catholic church, so I'm on the same page as GaGa. I'm pretty sure though that Christians can wear what they want. They are allowed to express themselves, and it's not quite as hard as the homosexuals for them to express themselves. I'm pretty much offended by your statement, and it almost sounds like you hate America. As a Catholic, I know we are supposed to love everyone. "Christians will suffer as well but we will be the winners in the long run." What, so God doesn't love everyone? He just loves the Christians. Oh yes, the Christians are the only ones in heaven. All those who don't believe in God or don't know God exists, they're automatically going to hell. I cannot even believe what you have just said, it's so offensive. I believe God is so merciful that anyone can and will get into heaven. God loves all of us and he is so understanding, so forgiving. That's what I believe. If you're saying that homosexuality is evil, I strongly disagree. In fact, as I stated before, homosexuality is not a choice. How can something that is not a choice be evil? We choose to fall into sin, which is evil. Homosexuality is not a choice. Sin is a choice. Therefore, homosexuality is not a sin, and not evil. I know my reasons there were somewhat vague, but it is true. Homosexuality (as I have stated so many times before) is not a choice. You don't know how ridiculously hard it is for the gays to survive today. There is so much hate towards them; I don't think you realize that only a few states allow gay marriages. Plus, in Catholicism (I don't know about any of the other faiths), homosexuals really can't do anything. They can't get married or have sex or any homosexual relations because it's immoral. I find that completely unfair seeing as how straight couples are allowed to do all that, but homosexuals can't. Not a choice, so it's really not fair, but I digress.

In conclusion, I find almost all of your statement offensive, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I have many straight friends who support my decisions, who support gay marriage, and would probably find everything you just said offensive.

God bless.

Nancy   June 2nd, 2010 3:22 pm ET

This "Gaga" show was so boorish, I had to turn to it off. What is this country coming to when people like this are on the "most influential" list in Time. They need to revise the list, and include quality people. Who makes up these lists anyway? I guess if you're a musician or actor that qualifies you to be on this list. Time has turned into a Tabloid. That's why I don't subscribe anymore. Larry, is this the best you can do?

Cheryl   June 2nd, 2010 3:35 pm ET

I think that everything that this woman says is for sensationalism. Lupus is not hereditary and there isn't a definitive test for it especially without symptoms. She is either misinformed or lying. She should just stick to singing...period

Hugh in California   June 2nd, 2010 8:51 pm ET

keisha,
Your comments only prove you're a part of the status-quo of intolerant conservative christian right-wingers, who don't really want equality for everyone, just for those who follow your age old religious belief system.

Many of your comments could be turned upside down with the opposite view; for example, "If someone wants to be (straight) that's their choice but (I) don't care to know it and don't want my child to know it (either)." Exclusion is not an option in a democratic society where equal rights are granted to all its citizens.

Extremist christians like to twist things around like they're the folks being persecuted, but the fact remains, you're the ones who choose to persecute those who do not want to follow YOUR belief system, be that, gay, lesbian or transgender. I know about religious folks who follow that "end of the world" christian persecution ideology, but I don't believe any of it - the facts of history prove the opposite truth.

Key   June 3rd, 2010 1:12 am ET

@Lady Gaga...YAWN!

She is not nearly as interesting, or intelligent as her carefully orchestrated get-ups portray her to be. This interview would have been more interesting if she had of worn a suit of black feathers from head to toe and had sat there on the couch silent!

Icon in the making my arse!

Cameron   June 3rd, 2010 2:54 am ET

omg. I love love love love love Gaga. My first true musical obsession! Her talent pales only to her innovation and imagination.

maryln48   June 3rd, 2010 2:57 am ET

I like her music, but she is boring.

Wini   June 3rd, 2010 6:09 am ET

I was pleasantly surprised watching Gaga's interview. I found her to be an intelligent, compassionate woman.

To David, Jesus teaches us spiritual wisdom ... meaning learn, comprehend and abide in His spiritual wisdom, not surrendering to carnal lust of the flesh (man made thoughts and desires). Having homosexual thoughts and desires is following carnal desires of man in the flesh. Same goes with men cheating on their wives, or wives cheating on their husbands ... carnal lust of the flesh is taking over, as is lying, cheating, stealing, etc. all which is death to your spiritual soul.

To comprehend Jesus truth ... go into your search engine and type in sheperdschapel.com Within that site, look for the bible classes that are listed and listened to a true man of Christ teach His truth in the Bible, scripture by scripture, book by book.

Christians do not hate homosexuals, they are trying to tell the person that they are dying in the sins of the flesh instead of living His truth of spiritual teachings, not man's logic.

Wini   June 3rd, 2010 6:17 am ET

Hugh in California, Christianity is NOT a religion. It is TRUTH about LIFE and the Eternal. It is His Story which is why we have the word history.

Since you obviously have never read His truth about life (the Bible), go into your search engine and type in 3 earth ages. True science and the Jesus' truth agree. If you do not understand that there are 3 earth ages, we being in the 2nd, you will never understand anything about life.

Peace.

Hugh in California   June 3rd, 2010 11:59 am ET

@Wini,
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I've read the Bible probably as much as you have, from Genesis to Revelation. Sorry again, Christianity is a religion. For people like yourself, if you wish to believe otherwise, as you say, " It is TRUTH about LIFE and the Eternal," well good for you. Try to practice your faith not just with words, but by deeds.
Why must christians like yourself constantly feel compelled to judge other people who don't agree with your belief system? You wrote me and said, "you will never understand anything about life." You should follow the teachings of your faith by following the words of Jesus who said,"Judge not, lest you be judged." You folks always find a way to talk your way out of that argument, but I have yet to find a single one of you who can correctly dismiss my observation on his teachings on this subject found in Matthew chapter 7.

Peace be with you also.

rmKuntz   June 3rd, 2010 2:51 pm ET

"THREE AGES OF EARTH"? What is this middle earth or scientology because it sounds like a little of both. Where do you people come up with this?

Wini   June 4th, 2010 1:57 pm ET

Hugh in California, I seriously doubt you ever picked up the Bible, never mind read His truth. For if you did, you would NEVER act the way you are acting (angry) or write the lies that you want me to believe.

As far as judging, God judges people for their thoughts, words and deeds down on earth. As a Christian, I have the right to discern. Just a true fact. Christians discern others to understand if they follow His truth or man made lies. If others want to go to hell, that's their right, but Christians try to get others to hear His truth before you take that ride. That's our jobs as Christians. You don't like it, too bad. You have the right to do what you want. Just know their is the price of your very soul placed on your free will. Follow Jesus, Truth, or follow Satan, Lies. Your choice. Christians say, enjoy the ride straight to the eternal flames for you were warned to stop believing in Satan's lies.

You brother are living in the Darkness of Satan's lies. Come into the Light and learn Jesus' truth by listening to a true man of Christ teach His truth, scripture by scripture, book by book. Put in sheperdschapel.com in your search engine and listen for about 6 months. After that, If your soul isn't saved, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Peace.

Wini   June 4th, 2010 2:07 pm ET

rmKuntz, 3 earth ages is Jesus truth as written in His letter to all of us (the Bible). There was an earth age prior to this 2nd one we are living in now(God destroyed it ... along with the dinosaurs, remember them?), and when Jesus comes again, those that followed His truth will live in the 3rd earth age. The rest who followed Satan's lies will be lost forever along with who they worshiped down on earth ... aka the evil one himself, Lucifer.

You have a choice (free will given to you by God our creator) ... follow Him (truth and your soul will live) or follow Satan (lies and your soul will die).

Choose wisely.

Peace.

Hugh in California   June 4th, 2010 3:24 pm ET

@Wini,
I think you sister are the person " living in the Darkness of Satan's lies. " You are bearing false witness. I've read the Bible, but you say to me and for anyone else to read, " I seriously doubt you ever picked up the Bible...." I guess only your word is gospel; if anyone else disagrees with your narrow-minded views they must be tellin' lies - what a hypocrite! Jesus said, "Many will come in my name and deceive many." Now there's a scripture YOU should believe in!
Wini has come in Jesus' name and will decieve many.

Hugh in California   June 4th, 2010 3:25 pm ET

@Wini,
Wini has come in Jesus' name and will deceive many.

lives with lupus   June 4th, 2010 3:43 pm ET

@Cheryl,
lupus does have a genetic component and does run in some families. Read any of the lupus journals where they've done studies in families on this very topic. Ask anyone who has lupus in his or her family or is active in the lupus community and can vouch for several families who can tell you about the several people they know whose various relatives have it.
But you are correct, a positive or negative or borderline ANA is not the be-all end-all answer for a dx (as many die-hard House fans would believe).

Wini   June 4th, 2010 4:09 pm ET

Hugh in California, if anyone is deceived it is you. You write on this site arguing with Christians because we follow Jesus' truth and not Lucifer's lies. If anyone is deceiving many it's you!

Besides Hugh, that's the shortest 6 months of listening to His truth I've ever witnessed. So, let's wrap this baloney argument of yours up, has Hugh read the Bible? NO. He just surf's the web and grabs scriptures to make his point. Lie # 1. Did Hugh listen to the site I gave him for 6 months to save his soul? NO. Lie # 2.

My discerning of Hugh ... you aren't batting a good average of truths now are you? Actually, it's not easy to see through all that darkness Hugh, because you haven't even made it into the park.

Enjoy your ride down, down, down. After all Hugh, it's no one else's choice except your own.

Peace brother.

Hugh in California   June 4th, 2010 9:45 pm ET

@Wini,

You should think about your comments ending with "peace, or peace brother." They more accurately just make me feel "Grief brother!"

In response, I don't follow LKL just because you or other Christians are here who follow Jesus. As a matter of fact, I'd be on this site more often if you fanatics weren't here, constanting reminding people of Hell, Sin, Lucifer, and Satan! I'm tired of reading these types of extreme coments by you and other self-appointed, self-anointed internet preachers trying to tell the rest of the world how to live their lives! So, as long as you continue your sermons here, you'll be getting my response should I feel the need to offer my counter-argument.

You say you have the "gift of discernment," but you can't discern a damn thing. I told you before that I've read the Bible, but you think not, so apparently your gift of discernment doesn't work!

Lastly, I wouldn't listen or go to any internet site recommended by some fanatic like you, so I'm not lying to anyone. You're just a very unhappy extremist christian who can't be satisfied with your own personal religious belief; you have to shove it down everyone or anyone else's throat who does not want to listen or read your constant fanatical religious rhetoric.

So enjoy your sad, unhappy life, "ride, down, down, down" like you told me to enjoy mine. Thanks for all your enlightening grief!

Peace - out!

Wini   June 4th, 2010 10:25 pm ET

Hugh in California, you are babbling in the dark again. You haven't a clue to what His wisdom is. I was giving you a chance to learn His Truth, yet you refuse and insist on staying in the dark believing man made lies.

Oh well, your loss, not mine.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Peace.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter