CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 25, 2010

LKL 25 – Larry gives his thoughts on your top 5 moments!!

Posted: 05:50 PM ET

'Right now on CNN.com, viewers can vote for the top 5 moments in "Larry King Live" history, as part of the show's 25th anniversary celebration. Here, Larry King admits he's surprised by the way the voting is going so far. Later in the week Larry will offer his personal top 5 moments.'

By Larry King - I never thought that this show would last 25 years - I didn't even know it would be a success.

I took it on kind of a dare. There was a three-year deal with Ted Turner, but I had an option to get out after a year.

I never thought I'd be on worldwide, or we'd have the kind of impact we've had on elections and cable in general.

Now, we're the longest-running show ever on the same network, at the same time, with the same host. And now you guys are picking the top moments in our shows history. Here's what I think of the results so far, with a week to go in the voting.

CLICK HERE TO READ LARRY'S THOUGHTS ON YOUR TOP 5 MOMENTS ON LKL!!

Filed under: LKL 25

Smith in Oregon   May 25th, 2010 6:04 pm ET

As noted by Larry King in this article on his thoughts about viewers picked top 5 LKL moments. America has a lack of historical education, sense of significance and most importantly 'short-term memory loss' which quickly add's in fading memorial figures of yesterday into the 'forgotten figures of today'.

Don't worry Larry King, Spin-Misters like herr Karl Rove and the Republican Tea Potty leaders, lawmakers and members will fully endeavor to craft Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando into trusted Republican party purists and hero's, even thou they were anything but in real life.

Revisionists only care if the issue is popular and then craft and form the false image that supports their white supremacist views. I believe American's as a whole are catching on to such crass attempts to re-tell America's history, figures and actions around the world.

Donald L Allen   May 26th, 2010 4:58 am ET

well Larry I wood say the Best one is the one About super man you no I like super man and I Like the first one the Best I think there was maybe sum negative But how care and I Like it the Best and lois Lane well you no she was Vary pouter to so it well be the one Larry that is my final see you Larry King I going now I Rockne you hard a eight from me any way Donald L Allen

SHANNON JOAN BROWN   May 26th, 2010 9:41 am ET

HI ! FIVE FOR LARRY KING 25 YEARS / GREAT NOW I AM READY TO WIN WIN WIN MY SWEEPSTAKES.

Ross Foyee   May 26th, 2010 10:30 am ET

bumfuzzle...hot gas needs to be expunged along with the url spill.

lola   May 26th, 2010 12:28 pm ET

What makes the top moments great, is not necessarily whom the interview is with, but Larry's chemistry with the person. The intimacy allows the viewer an inside look into what makes the person tick and view that person as they have never been seen before. That is what makes Larry great.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   May 28th, 2010 10:26 pm ET

Larry did not mention his very first show, maybe he wants to forget it.

Yes, maybe it is Larry's down-to-earthness and forthrightness and manner that carries the show through. He is unique. He just has a way about him that is endearing. I thought he could also come across as intimidating at times when needed. This adds to it to make it exciting and interesting.

His voice might have something to do with the success also. He has this unusual deep voice that has almost a calming effect on you.

May you keep on keeping on veteran Larry. God bless you.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   May 28th, 2010 10:30 pm ET

Interesting thoughts Larry gave.

Satinder Mullick   May 31st, 2010 9:40 pm ET

Nafta debate where LKL played a role in Helping America grow.Other shows are after the fact or debatable issues–but getting Gore debate Ross Perot on LIVE TV–was significant.
Shows about Michael Jackson or O J Simpson did not change the course of history.But Nafta did.

CCHboo   June 1st, 2010 1:00 am ET

I can't believe Larry King's interview with Jacque Fresco in 1974 didn't make it to the top 25. That was probably one of Larry's only sensible guests.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter