CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 21, 2010

Politics is King: Chuck Norris and his guns, and a rat at the White House

Posted: 03:28 PM ET

Somehow, the political world survived 'Mini Super Tuesday,' and for those of you who paid attention you saw incumbent Senator Arlen Specter defeated by fellow Democrat Joe Sestak in Pennsylvania, while in Kentucky a tea party favorite, Rand Paul, won the GOP nod for Senator.

Meanwhile, back in DC, President Obama welcomed Mexican President Felipe Calderon and hosted the 2nd State Dinner... sans party crashers this time (the Salahis did make news on the same night, though)

While those were big news stories this week, you may have missed some other ones.  Lucky for you, we've got them here:

1. There's a rat at the White House.  No, it isn't another "Deep Throat."  It really is a rat. (NYPost)

2. We learned how much Bo, the first dog, is worth.  We would have thought he was priceless, but nope, there's an actual dollar figure.  See how much he is worth HERE (NYTimes)

3. Chuck Norris spoke at the National Rifle Association's convention in Charlotte, NC. This is really just a reason to post a 'Chuck Norris Fact' – ("There is no chin behind Chuck Norris's beard. There is only another fist"). (Politico)

4. Mitt Romney's childhood home in Michigan was declared 'a nuisance' and is slated for demolition.  He's probably OK with this news since he has a great home in Southern California now.

5.  To cap the week off, there was a SLIGHT misstep at the White House on Wednesday night for the State Dinner:

Posted by:
Filed under: Chuck Norris • Mitt Romney • Politics is King • White House

Smith in Oregon   May 21st, 2010 3:56 pm ET

I'm really disappointed with Mia Farrow putting the screws to Naomi Campbell by literally forcing Naomi to testify against an alleged war criminal and mercenary Charles Taylor.

Mai Farrow alleges Naomi gushed some gossip to her about a huge raw diamond that Charles Taylor allegedly offered/gave to Naomi Campbell. Naomi obviously fearing for her LIFE has refused to state anything whatsoever about the time she met Charles Taylor while Naomi was in South Africa on a completely unrelated tour.

It is entirely crass, callous, uncaring and totally apathetic for Mia Farrow to force Naomi Campbell to travel to the war crimes tribunal and testify against Charles Taylor. I have no idea what prescription drugs Mia Farrow is taking however Mia Farrow has reportedly volunteered to travel to the war crimes tribunal and testify against Charles Taylor in regards to the gossip which she reportedly was told.

Mia Farrow appears to clearly not give a damn nor even rationally think about her future, Naomi on the other hand is fully aware of the distinct possibility's being forced upon her. I feel sorry for Naomi and the serious position she is being placed in. If I were advising Naomi Campbell, I would tell her she has thanks to Mia Farrow no choice but to travel to the war crimes tribunal and on the stand 'Tell them you didn't receive ANYTHING from Charles Taylor period'.

I'm sure Naomi Campbell has already scratched Mia Farrow off of her 'friends' list, no need to remind her of that!

IKHAN   May 21st, 2010 4:01 pm ET

Hi Larry,

Chuck Norris,Sarah Palin & their like courting NRA. Well when enough hate,racism & fear is drummed up by those who who want to claw back to power or grab power in our dismal political arena, guns are going to come handy..
Oh! But I forget." Guns don't kill, people do"! Guns are just a prop.

You simply don't have to grapple with or grab your victim/victims. You get them from a safe distance , if they are automatic or assault weapons the better.
Guns are no problem.Let people carry them to schools,malls,the parks & even churches.

Smith in Oregon   May 21st, 2010 6:01 pm ET

While I admire Chuck Norris for his charitable work for children across America and overseas, I entirely disagree with the allegations of him, Sarah Palin and the NRA pundits fanning the fantasy flames of FEAR of President Obama taking away their 'guns'.

That is utter BS! Under President Obama, American's that have concealed weapons permits are permitted to carry their weapons into National and State Parks. In perhaps one of the most callous and crass examples was a recent large gun toting anti-Obama rally in a State park near Washington, DC. which could not have even taken place if President Obama had blocked legislation permitting gun holders the right to have personal side arms in a State Park.

Under the heavy handed Republican administration of Bush-Cheney, you certainly didn't find gun toting wing-nuts unless it was one of their Special Security agents or the outrageous Blackwater agents Bush jr. hired to snipe anyone that looked like a threat in a 5 mile radius where that little man was squealing out a public speech.

With Blackwater agents armed with 50 caliber sniper rifles circling overhead at rooftop levels in their scorpion class attack helicopters (which traveled in an adjacent taxpayer supplied cargo jet everywhere airforce one traveled in the US campaign tours), any wing-nut walking with his NRA OK rifle in his hands would have been put down on the spot, more likely by a 50 caliber bullet than by a Secret Service agent's hands.

That was Bush-Cheney and these cockroaches crawl out of their bunkers to condemn President Obama about their fantasy that Obama wants to take their guns away from them? Go figure!

gerald Jolly   May 21st, 2010 6:48 pm ET

Here is the truthfull take on the NRA, Chuck Norris, and the Aircraft hunter Sarah Palin.

Most folks, do not know the NRA theme song unless they are active members of the NRA.

The NRA theme song goes like this.

I LOVE MY GUN
MORE THAN ANYONE
BECAUSE WITH MY GUN
I CAN KILL SOMEONE.
KILLING SOMEONE
IS SO MUCH FUN
SO GET A GUN,.
HAVE SOME FUN
WHEN YOU KILL SOMEONE.

It's no wonder a washed up movie hero is promoting gun ownership, he has become fixed on actually being the person he portays in most of his movies (CRAP)

As for Sarah, A.K.A. the aircraft slaughterer, if she had a brain she would not know what to do with it.

And althought there is no evidence to prove it, a huge amount of NRA dollars was spent on her campaign.

As for CHUCKY BABY he is washed up, because the gendre of his shooting movies has long been considered B rated.
Need I say more.

Joe G. (Illinois)   May 21st, 2010 6:50 pm ET

Sometimes it seems that the only people that can talk politics is politicians.. And that’s why society needs them, hates them, and love them all at the same time. But if one were to make a leap of faith and for once attempt to get a honest straight answer from one of them, that would be a mistake.

Hence the truth about the Gulf Oil Spill; the White House State Dinner uninvited rat/mouse/sasquatch?; And the truth about America’s mighty military arsenal. Like if guns kill, and we have the biggest guns in the world, how come than can’t we get out of Afghanistan and Iraq victorious.?” Are we not in war? Or is there something they are not telling us?

IKHAN   May 21st, 2010 10:32 pm ET

@Smith in Oregon @gerald jolly
bravo to that.
Nothing more can be added.

Dodie   May 22nd, 2010 12:35 am ET

Chuck Norris is a soft spoken, unassuming man who loves his children and grandchildren. He has contributed and provided charitable work for American's often unwanted children. I am in a quandary as to the reason he spoke at the NRA. His incredible marshal-art abilities made it possible for him to protect without guns. He often stated he did not want guns in the home. So, I wonder why the change?

Well stated A. Smith & Gerald Jolly

Ted   May 22nd, 2010 7:33 am ET

@ gerald jolly

Keep it up, you may earn the Pulitzer Prize.

Congratulations to the voters of PA for throwing out Arlen Specter, (the pretzel turncoat).
This man has changed party affiliations more than the snake throws off his skin.

Theresa   May 22nd, 2010 11:00 am ET

I am so baffled as to why so many people feel safer because they're toting their security blankets with them(aka known as their hand guns.) To know you have a gun close at hand in case you have an intruder ...except what happens if it is your family member that comes in & you accidentally shoot when it actually is your family member or friend ...that would be the biggest mistake of any one's life. I know the first ammendment says there should be gun ownership...but to me that pertains when that was years ago...western times ...no police forces ...sheriffs maybe...when you truly had to depend upon yourself. It reminds me of years ago...women didn't have the right to vote, discrimination was rampant( not that it has disappeared today), segregation was the norm , women were stay at homes....many times not of choice(it was thenorm)..That was then...the rules have changed...that is why I am not gung ho re: gun ownership(that's just my choice.) I just think violence just breeds more violence & to me everyone owning a gun does not bring more safety. If that was the case ...why is there so much violence in the US? I think the majority are gun owners ...if that brings less violence & more safety... I definitely wouldn't feel more safe if i saw someone next to me with a gun on his / her person. I would want to be as far from that person as possible.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   May 23rd, 2010 12:34 am ET

Yes, these gun-lovers........they only seem to think of themselves. Don't they not hear of all the accidents with hunting etc......that guns can cause. Why do they promote it. Senseless.

In the wrong hands.......these things are deadly.......let alone anyone's hand.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   May 23rd, 2010 12:49 am ET

I thought Chuck Norris was into martial arts so why the guns.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   May 23rd, 2010 12:55 am ET

Goodness.......first it was the poor lady slipping on the stairs in front of the President and now the rodent. I don't want to sound superstitious......but I hope they are not bad omens.

Maybe the rodent chose a right moment to make a point..........lol.

Donald L Allen   May 23rd, 2010 1:41 am ET

Donald L Allen no OBAMA tell the Truth you no way you or fighting you fit to still Lie take from your own people you don,t care about what is right you never did you make Raul were you can take what is not your and you only car about your Own People and God said if you care just about you own than what or you or what good or you live in a world of sandwell I might not be much better But I,M just say don,t per ten like you or here four the all ween you or not and what every you show me I no I,V dun Ben there dun that you got nutting on me I,M in fact a way Head of you in fact I can in fact all most per dick what you well do next no you or not good God is the only good there is I stand four what I Believe in truth and just four all and not just four what you think is wright four you I,M the Van data

Ted   May 23rd, 2010 8:19 am ET

There is not a rat, but many of them in politics.

As far as the slip goes, so what? She is human and recovered very fast.

gerald Jolly   May 23rd, 2010 11:04 pm ET

In my opinion, I think there is more evidence that anyone would need to make a case against owning handguns.

There is a good reason why the U.S. is called the murder capital of the world.

The NRA will tell you that it's not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people.

But they will never tell you how many people are killed by accidental shootings, or the MORONS that drive by and shoot guns just for the pleasure of scaring people.

Far too much is made out of the second amendment and the right to bare arms by our citizenry, I am sure that when that was written it was more intended that the citizens of our country should be prepared if a conflict was ever to happen in our land, and one must be aware that at the time the second amendment was written our country had just come out of a war valled the war of independence.

It's no secret and is infact a publisized fact that the NRA spent more than $100 million dollars during the last election to get supporters of their phylosophy elected.

So much for freedom of choice.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter