CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 18, 2010

Jagger Preview: Mick on the Stones' Critics

Posted: 03:22 PM ET
Smith in Oregon   May 18th, 2010 5:02 pm ET

The Rolling Stones have an enormous legacy of rock and roll music and after all those years of concerts, albums and assorted media stories they are largely still alive. They have seen many aspiring and celebs come and go, overdose and crash and burn.

They have seen countless musicians step on the Main Street stages and sell out their talent and audience to big money with a heavy and distinct loss to their unique ability's and song writing skills.

The Rolling Stones made it without largely selling out to corporate interests and your fans, thank-you for writing some wonderful songs and for all of the good memory's connected to your tours and albums.

Isn't it time to retire?

Joe G. (Illinois)   May 18th, 2010 6:34 pm ET

Vanity is a very personal thing. It’s not so much like those others where the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.. Not many Rock and Rollers would last that long if it were all up to that.

Kate   May 18th, 2010 8:16 pm ET

Oh
God there are so many.....from their old stuff to their latest.I just love it all

Rita   May 18th, 2010 8:46 pm ET

I am the biggest Rolling Stones fan ever, I know everyone says that though.

Anyway, wondering if there will be another North American tour?

Also what has some of the biggest challenges that Mick personally has faced or even what the Stones have faced throughout their careers?

Thank you, Rita (Vancouver, BC, Canada).

Anthony Shea   May 18th, 2010 8:58 pm ET

The 'Stones are the only show where women took their tops off when the band came onstage. I've seen Tom Jones and his women fans who went to see him brought a bra to throw up onstage out of their handbags.

Ira Marlowe   May 18th, 2010 10:00 pm ET

Larry... How does Mick look back at their first US concert at NYC Carnegie Hall promoted by Sid Bernstein the man who brought the Beatles in as well as the Stones

Nancy   May 18th, 2010 11:05 pm ET

Did I miss some of "Larry King Live" although seated from beginning to end, because I listened but didn't hear Larry King ask Mick Jagger any tough question about Brian Jones, a founder of the Rolling Stones. Anyway, some author guy named Sanchez wrote a book some time ago about the Stones, was pretty plain about Jones' history with the band, raised reasonable questions chapter after chapter. Like about Jones' death in 1969. Crime scene, swimming pool. A building "Frank Thorogood", suspect. And on and on. The book didn't ask questions like: did the Rolling Stones profit at all from that crime mystery! Debatable talent differences, the drug merry-go-round, alleged discipline issues about completing things like songs - Brian Jones had provided as a band member a balance in the group to what Jagger and Richards had lacked - which was what? If Jones hadn't felt alienated by group psychology and by drugs and if he had remained with the Stones to this day alive and well, would Mick Jagger be even more successful today? No need to write advertisement jingles about any breakfast cereal, to be sure.

Jim   May 18th, 2010 11:55 pm ET

To Nancy 11:05 pm -- Lighten up!

Nancy   May 19th, 2010 12:09 am ET

Lighten up about what? Or, rather, on what? No way. Good to drop a dumpster worth of thought about rock 'n roll fluff, and maybe also real good to think the following Nancy Reagan quote: "Just say no"!

Donald L Allen   May 19th, 2010 3:24 am ET

well sum of Au's have Nation and do every thing But I don,t say what I say as A look on your life I don,t care you or one of the few that have made it and parable never head to were about any thing it the one how like acting Like Maybe I was found By it to start off But I,M here to say A JED don't make you or no one else no better than me and I well say I see Little that they do any way it Like this if you or Looking For a new Jig you or Looking at it now Me I am what I do and I want let no one say I,M not that is the deal with me christian or no Chaitin it don,t mat to me if you or up right and you or not than what or you hip that is the end of it and do not depend on sum one how has already show you they can not be what they say they or you no if you or gonna change you first haft to show you or if you or not than you parable never well that is it so what is your store I no you do not want me to tell you can build a new house on a old fondation you can not tell Jon I,M sorry four his lost and I hop he is Bluest see you Be good I no He rely do,t no me But I,M just saying Donald L Allen and the girl were very putter just member if you or Gina start over you first must convince your self you parable have been Lit to and what you or doing is wrong if you don,t you want get no were but in the same place you were see you

christine conger   May 19th, 2010 3:59 am ET

This really is #1 on Larry King live!

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   May 19th, 2010 6:15 am ET

Yes, there will always be the critics.

The Rolling Stones' longevity is amazing. Will probably have to carry them off the stage, I think.

I hope Keith Richards is not falling out of anymore trees, like the coconut one in Fiji. Hope he has recovered well from that incident.

Keep on keeping on!

michipato   May 19th, 2010 7:47 am ET

~ Mick Jagger ~

Everything you do is perfect ❤ from Argentina😛

Bernie Moseley-Williams   May 19th, 2010 10:24 am ET

Larry: "What'd you think of the movie Spinal Tap?"

Mick: "Eleven. Exactly. One louder."

Holly Golightly   May 19th, 2010 11:37 am ET

Donald L. Allen....wth?

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter