CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 13, 2010

Rapper TI celebrates his freedom

Posted: 10:56 AM ET

WATCH T.I. TONIGHT IN AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – HIS FIRST SINCE HIS RELEASE FROM PRISON!

Via USAToday.com

Rapper T.I. was the guest of honor at a welcome-home party Sunday night in L.A.  by stars including Jamie Foxx, Usher and Diddy. T.I. recently got out of prison after spending 10 months in jail for weapons possession.

He called life behind bars "a humbling experience," reports New York's Daily News. And he made a toast: "There are still people in the hip-hop community that need our support," he said. "So I ask everybody to please raise your glasses for Lil Wayne."

In a new interview with Ozone magazine, Lil Wayne, currently serving a year-long prison sentence on weapons charges, said he isn't interested in what critics say about his four children with four different women, reports MTV. "It's definitely not a concern of mine," he said in the pre-jail chat. "I'd be crazy if it was and you're crazy if you are. But that goes back to me not caring about what people think or say."

Filed under: Entertainment

Elmer   May 13th, 2010 5:31 am ET

Its good to know that nowadays rapper arent all about negativity in regard to the law and upholding it.

Nothing   May 13th, 2010 10:00 am ET

Why are you giving airtime, attention, and (suggested) approval to yet another celebrity criminal? Like the country needs any more of that!! You're going to GLAMORIZE jail time...yet again...regardless of how spin his "humble" time in jail, you're glamorizing jail time. Good Lord.

Gissy   May 13th, 2010 10:10 am ET

Lil Wayne s a poor excuse. Why is it not your concern what people say about your children, as a man you should be concern.

Mary Smith   May 13th, 2010 1:03 pm ET

Every one deserves a chance after making a mistake. Learn to forgive he hurt himself by carrying weapons and there are worse things that TI could have done. You don't know what these people go through and try to protect their families and themselves. Let's pray for TI that he will do better this time.

Josh Dell   May 13th, 2010 2:43 pm ET

You cant judge T.I. or Lil Wayne from the mistakes they made because your life isn't like there's, you don't know what they go through on a day to day basis.

Kemi@HipHossip Canada   May 13th, 2010 8:09 pm ET

As a Music Editor, this is a GREATshow idea with Larry King but we must not forget the message here. Our kids need to drop all the GUNS! These children are not putting 2 and 2 together. I have met both artists and guns is not the way to go......

Jillka   May 13th, 2010 8:37 pm ET

Who the heck is this guy? Not interested.

MIa   May 13th, 2010 8:55 pm ET

Just want to tell T.I.P that he is the BEST RAPPER ALIVE,, not only that, he is a great influence to many people. I have followed him his whole career and I know he's back and ready to shine,, your fans have been waiting, and much luck to you,,,,,, I am your biggest FAN,, SHINE ON SIGHT BABY!!! CAn't wait to see you in concert..

Love MIa, Columbus GA

Alex Jackson   May 13th, 2010 9:01 pm ET

Hay whats up t.i. glad to see you back. Everybody deserves a second chance. You took responsibility for your actions, you did all your time like a man, and you still kept your head up through everything. You still the king of rap(to me). Can't wait for your new album to come and your new movie takers. Good Luck to you and your family!!

Dara   May 13th, 2010 9:06 pm ET

I just want to say I Love you T.i.! and When is your cd going to be coming out?

philip howell   May 13th, 2010 9:09 pm ET

I am a 60 yr old white guy, I am 1st vice president of the Aiken SC branch of the NAACP, and I admire you and support you fully, I understand what you did and why you did it....are you a member of the NAACP and if not why not? I also encourage you to join of you are not. Love you brother!!!

Malicia starks   May 13th, 2010 9:09 pm ET

He had to protect his wife and children when the police would offer none, just because he is a rapper.

BRENT SIMS   May 13th, 2010 9:11 pm ET

I have a lot o respect for t.I. As a rapper because of his movement, hate or not I'm a 37 yo man that has kids, that's not in the lime light that causes a lot of hate an jealousy that would make someone from a life style of poverty to plot all types of horrific things ever the life of another

Dara   May 13th, 2010 9:12 pm ET

I dont understand why anybody is judging him he was protecting his self and his family. How would u feel if ur best friend died in ur lap?... Or you had pple after u that u didnt know. T.i. didnt kill nobody he just had guns that he shouldnt of had. T.i. I think your doing the best you can and I love you for that you showed pple if u mess up u can do things to change that

Mr Miling Cezard   May 13th, 2010 9:12 pm ET

What have yu learned over this situation and what message could you deliver to the young people out there that are big followers of what they see in t.V and often times copy the wrong doing and the negative instead of going the right way

i myself is a 19 year old from Toronto Canada, Haitian background
live in the state and was expose to the bare truth

Katherine henderson   May 13th, 2010 9:13 pm ET

When will the next season of road to redemption be?

mary white eagle   May 13th, 2010 9:14 pm ET

I love you T.I.
what u did is what u did....no lookin back on ur mistakes...ppl need to make mistakes to learn for their future.
keep doin what u do best.
make that paper

Sheila   May 13th, 2010 9:20 pm ET

T.I. you are looking better than ever. it is nice to see and hear you acknowledge that guns can't keep you alive. Much love and respect for you

BRENT SIMS   May 13th, 2010 9:23 pm ET

My kids love u tip u are a blessing to a lot of people KNOW that, give us your best august, 17 much love

Christian   May 13th, 2010 9:26 pm ET

Hey I just got to give it to T.I how he has handle the situation of people saying he talked and what not to get out of his situation but yet again those are the same people if they were put in his situation it would be a race basically the first Rat to the Cheese!

Ron J   May 13th, 2010 9:27 pm ET

Excellent Tip!! Let them know you understand the complexities and joys of fatherhood. Your intelligence is evident, and I wonder what would you have decided to become if you were a scholar? Also, are you a whiskey, vodka, or tequila man?

Sheri   May 13th, 2010 9:33 pm ET

Correction- What does TI think the reason is for such a high rate of muders among young black?

bianca   May 13th, 2010 9:37 pm ET

was it scary in prison? did people try to pick fights wit you.?

v.randall watkins   May 13th, 2010 9:43 pm ET

the comment and question..........what is different from the man that went in? and the older man that came out?

BRENT SIMS   May 13th, 2010 9:45 pm ET

I'm sure he feels the same way all blk males in america feel we don't have the same breaks so when some see someone make that come up instead of being happy they want to see u dead or fall, cause it seems to be our element, but may the lord fore ver bless u cause it seems like all your music is a reflection of my life do u I'm buying it

SK Brooklyn   May 13th, 2010 9:54 pm ET

Hey T.I hold your head. Keep your head up, I'll see u @ the awards!

Darius Wright   May 13th, 2010 10:00 pm ET

T.I., what's good? I am the Founder of a non-profit organization in Philadelphia, Fountain of Youth, Preventive Health, Inc. We are mentor's to the youth. We are in desperate need of young, successful brothers like yourself, to make a difference in the lives of the youth. You alread know, that few are concerned with our youth of color, to include their own families. These kids will listen to young men like yourself, can you commit some more of your time to speaking briefly with the youth, in many different cities. It won't hurt to start in one of the most violent cities, Philly!!

Kandi   May 13th, 2010 10:07 pm ET

Hello T.I., I recently turned 50 and I must say that I love you and how you have handled the struggle that you've been through. I admire a Black man that takes responsibility for his actions and actually alot can be learned from that for our younger youth. I do plan on attending your concert here in Birmingham,Al Memorial Day weekend. I have a 25yr. old daughter and I asked her to get me you address so that I could write you while you were in jail and to this day she hasn't and your home. Thanks again, for being such a role model for the youth of today, you have so many people that look up to you and will continue to. So I pray and ask God to give you the knowledge and the stength to get through all that you'll face in life, cause they are out there. If I were to give my own son some advice I would tell him to pull himself up by his bootstraps and keep it moving, Bestow a blessing upon someone and God will Bestow Blessing upon you. Love you again, Kandi

JR   May 13th, 2010 10:29 pm ET

I respect both Larry and T.I. I'm a fan of both of their work. I haven't been alive long enough to have seen Larry since his beginning, but I've been watching a while, and he's an irreplaceable icon in journalistic history. For years, I been buying T.I. [and PSC albums]. He has been both entertaining, and an inspiration for me. I listen to the music, and some of it has gotten me through some of my roughest and most trying days. I hope and pray the things you said tonight were sincere T.I.P., for you and your family. I prayed for you while you were gone. I believe you were honest and came correct. You stood as a man and acknowledged your position, and accepted the consequences. That's nothing new for you. And as for owning up to what you did, most of what you had previously said to Larry and the World tonight on your "King" album before you went to prison. Keep speaking the truth to the youth. They're the future. For those who judge, will be judged. Your past is your greatest asset. No one can take that from you. If they want to judge, let them do so. Only an ignoramus would look at you and only see what you were. Haven't we all fallen short of the Glory at some point? You're one of the best in the game, and a stand-up guy from what I can tell. I'll be at the record store when the new album drops, money in hand. Real Man Roll Call. T.I.P. Stand Up! Peace and Prosperity King.

perla Benavidez   May 14th, 2010 12:41 am ET

would u ever stop rapping?and when ?

Trish   May 14th, 2010 12:45 am ET

T.I . Im glad ur looking after ur children n im proud that u served ur time n still there for ur children ur a great father for that keep the good work up ! Ur a wonderful artist also luv u lots.

Leslie from ATL   May 14th, 2010 12:50 am ET

I enjoyed the T.I. interview! T.I. is such a polished, well spoken, highly-intelligent gentleman. This young man has proven that you can triumph over adversities. He chose not to remain a product of his environment but instead to rise above his environment. Mr. Harris you represented your family and Atlanta very well. I am very proud of you. I plead the blood of Jesus over your life for your protection and guidance. THE KING IS BACK!

Sarai wright   May 14th, 2010 12:54 am ET

I believe that he payed his dues.he's a great man,he just made a mistake&hes paid 4 it.4 him 2 make a positive change n young peoples life is a gr8 thing.most rappers talk a good game but he followed thru with it.& the thing i respect about him most is the way he loves&respects tiny.he loves&cares 4 all his kids but da way he upholds tiny is amazing.hes an all around great man.

Terence Javon(TIG)   May 14th, 2010 1:02 am ET

This is to Mr. Clifford (T.I.) Harris, I love your music and a big fan of your movies, As a up and coming artist i would like to comend you on your success is there any tips you can offer to progress my talent. By way of Gary Indiana..

Bella   May 14th, 2010 3:30 am ET

I hope these ruthless ratchet ppl dont get at him harder now that he has gotten out of prison with his weapons...they dont care they are even happier so i hope he protects himself the best way he can..i love you clifford harris...

Bella   May 14th, 2010 3:31 am ET

God Bless you sweetie and ur family..

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   May 14th, 2010 3:54 am ET

All the best to him and his family and may they keep safe.

Bella   May 14th, 2010 4:04 am ET

I ment without his weapons.. =[

peter gunz   May 14th, 2010 5:43 am ET

yo was up just wanna no why it cotta take a person in the light to make a change i no alot of souls that need savin hallar homie
since u can do it let me no im on a mission to show a better way

Sam   May 14th, 2010 5:54 am ET

Welcome back T.I,i just wanna tell you that God sees your heart and that he still loves you inspite of everything you've been through.Stay NEW!

Calvin Sturgis (Dublin City Board of Education)   May 14th, 2010 8:50 am ET

T. I. i have seen some of your story through the last few years. I am also a fan of yours and really enjoy your music. As a member of the Dublin City Board of Education i have seen some of our kids headed down the same path that you seemed to have taken. I will give you some examples of what we have had to deal with this school year. 1. Earlier in the year we had a high school kid bring a BB pistol to school. Why he did I am not sure. 2. At our middle school we had a kid bring a pistol to school to shoot another kid who he had disagreements with. While one kid pulled the fire alarm the kid with the pistol was gonna shoot the kid he was upset with. After they pulled the fire alarm thankfully we have an officer on staff who got to the kid with the gun before it went down. 3. At the high school we had a brawl in the lunch room at breakfast with 9 to 13 kids involved. 4. We had a kid to bring a 9mm pistol to school for protection becaused he was being bullied by another kid. After lunch while in class he attempted to unload the pistol and it went off hitting the floor first and then striking another kid in the leg. That young man is on trial now. All of these kids are under the age of 16. The reason I am sharing this with you is I was wondering if it would be possible for you to come to our school district and talk with our kids. We are only 2 hrs. south of Atlanta. How much would it cost our school district? Would it be possible? When could you? Our school district is about 80% black and 20% white. I am not asking for anything other that your wisdom in this type of violence and hopes that we can save at least one child from going down this violent path. If this is something that you couldn't do i understand and i am still gonna listen to your music. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you. Sincerely Calvin Sturgis member (Dublin City Board of Education)

gerald Jolly   May 14th, 2010 11:43 am ET

Think about how terrible and boring our life would be if we did'nt have "GANSTER RAPPERS" telling us how sorry they are for commiting crimes.

How terrible our culture would be if there had not of been Jesse James, The Dalton Brothers, Machine Gun Mcgern, Machine Gun Kelly, Al Capone, John Gotti, and all those wonderfull criminals.

What a terrible and boring world we would be living in

Thank you T.I. for bringing joy and pleasure to our culture,

OHHHH! How proud to be an American.

gerald Jolly   May 14th, 2010 12:08 pm ET

I believe that T.I. should be nominated for an EMMY or even an Acadamy award, for the performance he put on, last night on the LKL show.

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO.

GREAT ACTING.

gerald Jolly   May 14th, 2010 3:27 pm ET

@ Terence Javon.

If you want to have success as a rapper here is my suggestion.

Illegally purchase guns complete with silencers.

Use hard drugs

Threaten to murder people.

Hang out with Scum.

And you will be half way there

Phylicia Kitchens   May 15th, 2010 9:14 pm ET

Hello T.I,
I'm so glad that you are owning up to your responsibilities, especially since you have many young adults and youth that looks up to you. I am very proud of you. Furthermore, would you be intersted in speaking at a youth conference? I'm located not to far from Atlanta,in Augusta Ga, and there are many gangs and gang related murders, etc. in this area. My pastor and I are trying to set up a conference or a workshop to reach out to all youth, gangs and young adults. If you are interested and/or willing please contact me, my email is posted. God Bless you in all you do.

Missi   May 15th, 2010 9:26 pm ET

I'm wondering if T.I. will continue to speak with troubled youth?

Shonta   May 16th, 2010 12:11 am ET

Off subject but personal i dont care about the guns I live in Baton Rouge Louisiana so thats not new to me. But something more up to date When/ARE you going to marry Toya?????????????

mxsz.tae slaughter   October 25th, 2010 11:03 am ET

what yhu did iz what yhu did... if you know like i kno everybody gone make a mistake through life and plus it"ll help you learn from it and be a better father cause i kno i made alot of mistakes and they all was wrong but like they say whats done in the dark comes to the light .... \

NEVER JUDGE A GIRL NOR BOY BY THEIR COVER...

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter