CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 7, 2010

Police: Suspect in UVA student's death had previous arrest

Posted: 12:54 PM ET

Yeardley Love (R) and her sister Lexie

TUNE IN TONIGHT AT 9pmET for the LATEST in this story.  Among our guests will be actress Robin Givens, and Nicole Brown Simpson's sister, Tanya.

The suspect in the killing of a University of Virginia student was arrested in a 2008 incident in which he threatened a police officer and was shocked with a stun gun, according to a police statement.

George Huguely, 22, was arrested on suspicion of murder Monday, hours after a roommate found Yeardley Love's body in her off-campus apartment in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Huguely, who was also a UVA student until resigning after his arrest, and Love played on the men's and women's lacrosse teams, respectively.

CNN affiliate WDBJ got a police statement recounting an encounter between an intoxicated Huguely and Lexington, Virginia, Police Officer R.L. Moss.

(read more)

Posted by:
Filed under: Crime • Justice • Larry King Live

Rosa BOGAR   May 7th, 2010 1:26 pm ET

A historic event took place in Orangeburg, South Carolina to honor the colored workers of Hotel Eutaw during the Jim Crow Laws. April24th. A plaque was promised to be placed in the hotel.This did not happen the event was not allowed to take place at the hotel that is a dorn for some of Claflin University male students. This story is one to be reckon with. I have been on this endeavor for more than ten years. My grandmother was a maid at the hotel. So mant stories needto be told! Rosa

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   May 7th, 2010 10:55 pm ET

I am cringing reading this very sad story and am feeling physically sick over it.

Yes, alcohol plays a big problem in a lot of violence but it still should not be used as an excuse for whatever has happened. The same goes with drugs, etc. They need to own up to their problem.

Condolences to the victim's family and may God be with them and be of strength in their terrible loss.

John H   May 8th, 2010 9:25 pm ET

I am absolutely fed up with these guys who seem to think no woman has a right to reject them and physical violence is acceptable to keep them in line. A woman (or man in some circumstances) is not a toy to be owned and fought over. I understand it hurts to be rejected by someone you care for and think may have cared for you but it's time these men/women grow up, deal with life's disappointments in an adult way and get on with their lives. I have nothing but anger for people who think they can own and control another human being.

Gail Higdon   May 8th, 2010 10:00 pm ET

Funny Guy is one of the funniest shows I've ever watched......it's also the first "cartoon" I've ever watched. There may be a few skits I would object to but compared to the news on any network, it's hard to object.
I commend Seth MacFarlane for being so open and honest. The show needs to be on more often!

Paul Beebe   May 17th, 2010 12:39 am ET

Typical story of a spoiled rich kid with anger issues being let go on previous charges when he should have been convicted years earlier...

Rosa Bogar   June 8th, 2010 12:14 pm ET

I am happy to share a plaque is forthcoming to honor the colored workers of Hotel Eutaw in Orangeburg, South Carolina during the Jim Crow era. This is a story within a story! One day it will be told because it it proper to share Truth! Rosa Bogar

Rosa Bogar   June 12th, 2010 1:29 pm ET

Let us not forget that Juneteenth origin dates back to 1861 with the civil war on Fort Sumter in Chareston, south Carolina.Today in the community where I grew up there still stands a historic marker dated 1861 of this surrounding being a camping ground for the war. Today this community is still all African American! This is one to be reckon with! Rosa Mavins Bogar Thanks for the honor to share this history!

Rosa Bogar   June 14th, 2010 12:32 pm ET

As we celebrate Juneteenth let us not forget tha the civil was that led to this holiday started on Fort Sumter in Charleston,South Carolina in 1861Many confederate flags fly freely on private properties in my home state but a most vivid is the one on the Capital Grounds of Columbia, south Carolina. My wish was as the protest of 2000 chanted "take it down,take it down" they should have also chanted "where to put it , where to put it" maybe just maybe there would not still be a boycott. Many are still affected by this. Thanks for letting me share this Truth! Rosa Bogar

Rosa Bogar   June 17th, 2010 1:09 pm ET

"In the spirit of Juneteenth" is on a plaque that will be presented on June,20th, 2010, to honor the colored workers of Hotel Eutaw during the Jim Crow Laws of the south.On the plaque also echo the words of the late Mayor Martin C. Cheatham of Orangeburg, South Carolina."the black community was especially affected by the unequal treatment through racial discrimination and segregation".(1997).Thanks for allowing me to share this Truth! Rosa Bogar (I am the only one in the USA)

paul"earthquake" moore   June 21st, 2010 8:10 am ET

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June21, 2010

Paul “Earthquake” Moore Dismantles Makeshift Memorials

Helps Grieving Family, Friends and Neighborhoods

Nobody wants peace on Philadelphia’s streets more than I do and no Philadelphian has fought harder to reach that goal. It hurts me when young lives are lost through violence. I have marched, run, held motorcycle rides, free dinners and boot camps for troubled youth, then watched people show their grief with vigils and makeshift memorials. While all these things are an important part of the grieving process, the makeshift memorials made from candles, balloons, cards, signs and stuffed animals, become tattered and worn after about a week, and a grim reminder of the tragedy that took place. These memorials soon become eyesores and look harsh and uninviting to outsiders visiting our communities. We plan to help grieving families by dismantling these tattered, worn, makeshift tributes with help from the families of slain individuals, local clergy, community members and the Philadelphia Police Department’s Community Relations Office. IN YOUR CITY AND STATE 215 3852696 / 2156863122 /2679187367

Rosa Bogar   June 24th, 2010 12:21 pm ET

I am happy to share that a plaque was presented on June20th to pay homage to the colored workers of Hotel Eutaw during the Jim Crow era. This was a long overdue recognition in the City of Orangeburg, South Carolina. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to share Truth! Rosa Bogar

Rosa Bogar   July 23rd, 2010 2:47 pm ET

Race relations can not be legislated. it happens on a daily basis. We all plays a role in this process not only the experts on television..Thanks for allowing me to share this Truth! Rosa Bogar

Rosa Bogar   August 19th, 2010 12:15 pm ET

We are not one in Orangeburg, South Carolina my hometown. I know what can happen to families like the Duley FamilyThis is a sad day in my hometown."my heart and prayers are with the Duley Family and loved ones. I know of the "divide" it seemed that status and "clicks" play a bigger role than race. I pray that this loss teach us all a great lesson. That we are all God,s creations,not just some. Let god be the judge. not man like man try to be in every situation. This may not make sence to many today but in time it will. I know this Truth! I am a native of Orangeburg. thanks, Rosa Bogar

Rosa Bogar   August 20th, 2010 12:58 pm ET

God,s Heavenly Garden" for JaVan T. and Devean C.Duley You blossom into Our world! But, never reaching Full-bloom Your beautyt taken away fFar far too soon. You are now placed in God,s Heavenly Garden" Your beauty shine from above. Here on earth JaVan and Devean You are sadlly missed and loved "play in peace" Rosa Mavins Bogar a native of Orangeburg, south Carolina'

Rosa Bogar   August 30th, 2010 12:21 pm ET

Happy school year to the students who rent rooms at Hotel Eutaw in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Remember the colored workers of Hetel Eutaw during the Jim Crow Laws.and their plights for equal rifghts. These workers were honored on April24th and June 20th in Orangeburg. My grandmother Julia Irons worked at the hotel for more than thirty years.Many worked longer. This Truth is one to be reckon with. Thanks, Rosa Mavins Bogar

Rosa Bogar   September 19th, 2010 2:36 pm ET

Did you hear what I did not? on Sept.16th Oprah Winfrey had bthe Duley Family on the show to talk about the young mother who killed her two sons. The family is from Orangeburg, South Carolina,the world knows of this tragedy yet Oprah never once acknowledged where this took place specifically .She only would say a South Carolina woman.Orangeburg, is a very vibrant city not rural as described by Oprah. If I missed Oprap,s mention than I apologized to Ms. Winfrey because I did go to the bathroom once during the show. Rosa Mavins Bogar I am a native of Orangeburg, South Carolina

rRosa Bogar   November 8th, 2010 5:59 pm ET

I feel Scary "holloween" has pasted and I see creatures walking around with hoods no Smiles and that makes me Very Sad! "mooning" no witches on brooms.We need a National March against "mr.saggin" for creating a STINK all over the country! "I am a Black Designer and I know what fashion means to society. We all will suffer for letting a fad turn into a culture. "fads are not to last but quickly pass" Rosa Bogar This is a problem.needs Urgent Care

Rosa Bogar   December 4th, 2010 12:49 pm ET

I am honored that the MSR Newspaper printed my story on honoring the colored workers of historic Hotel Eutaw in Orangeburg, South Carolina.This was a mission for me for more than a decade. I am blessed! Rosa Mavins Bogar

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter