CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 6, 2010

Remembering Yeardley Love

Posted: 09:22 PM ET

The brutal murder of University of Virginia student Yeardley Love has shaken a lot of people.

Her family has remained silent in their grief until now.

Yeardley Love (R) and her sister Lexie

They've reached out to Larry King Live because our executive producer is a family friend.  They want to share some pictures of Yeardley - who was only 22-years-old when she was taken from them.

They also want people to know that she lost her father to cancer a few years back and that her mother - Sharon - is a teacher for deaf and hard of hearing children in the Baltimore City Public School System.

They tell us Yeardley was a hard worker – that she had a job every summer.

Yeardley’s mother and her older sister, Lexie, tell us, "Yeardley is the kindest, most gentle daughter and sister.  We can't imagine our lives without her."  While her Aunt Debbie says she was an "adorable, fun-loving, darling angel."

Yeardley, Lexie & Sharon Love

Yeardley's family say they know she's in heaven... and they are praying for her.

They also ask that members of the press respect their need for privacy in this terribly painful time.

At the family's request, we are posting their photos of Yeardley Love on our website so people can remember her as she was in life.

Contributions in her honor can be made to the Yeardley Love Memorial Fund at her high school, Notre Dame Preparatory School in Baltimore or to the Yeardley Love Women's Lacrosse Scholarship Fund with the Virginia Athletic Foundation.  For more information, click below.

Yeardley Love (L) and sister Lexie Love (R)

Lexie Love (L) and Yeardley Love (R)

Yeardley Love (L) and older sister Lexie Love (R)

Yeardley Love (3rd from left), sister Lexie Love (2nd from left)

The Yeardley Love Memorial Fund
Notre Dame Prep School
815 Hampton Lane
Towson, MD 21286
Phone: 410-825-6202

The Yeardley Love Women's Lacrosse Scholarship Fund
Mr. Lo Davis
Virginia Athletics Foundation
P.O. Box 400833
Charlottesville, VA 22904
Phone: 434-982-5555 or 800-626-8723

Filed under: Larry King Live

Cajazz76:24:8   May 6th, 2010 9:33 pm ET

George Hugely claims her death was accidental, after he pounded her head repeatedly into a wall. That's a defense that will serve him well, in prison. If there is a hell, and for him and others like him there should be, he should be a HUGE log, that will stoke the fire for eternity..

Nancy Tracy   May 6th, 2010 10:04 pm ET

What a beautiful, stunning young lady with unforgettable eyes. A special prayer has come your way–remember, when the prayers go up, the blessings come down.

Patricia Miller   May 6th, 2010 10:07 pm ET

My heart breaks for this family. I could not imagine the loss of one of my children, especially a loss so senseless. My prayers are with her family at this time.

Maria Copelli   May 6th, 2010 10:30 pm ET

We ,need to pray very hard for a time ,when these things will never ever happen again. There is no excuse for such a horrible crime. Our hearts are heavy ,and our thoughts and prayers will continue to go out to this beautiful family. May you be comforted by our Loving God Jehovah , who is the God of All comfort .Love to your entire family ,Maria C.

offtheproperty   May 6th, 2010 10:32 pm ET

Thank you for the pictures. I lived in her hometown. I keep thinking how lucky it would be to see her smile. God Bless.

Connie Rigsby   May 6th, 2010 10:58 pm ET

Thank you for sharing the photos. This is just so sad. My daughter was abused by her "former" boyfriend, but she never told me until they had seperated. Girls need to learn to not keep this treatment a secret! My heart goes out to her family.

greg   May 7th, 2010 12:02 am ET

Its a terrible world we live in. Such a pretty young lady gorgeous eyes and lashes. My heart and prayers be with the love family

Kyle Cottrell   May 7th, 2010 1:16 am ET

I pray that the love you shared with Yeardley holds you close and brings you comfort in this difficult time. Her beauty and joy radiates from these photos and her life has touched us all!
May God touch you with His peace.

Help Stop this!   May 7th, 2010 2:10 am ET

According to the Westboro Baptist Church Website, the same group that protested that poor soldiers funeral in 2007, they are planning to protest Yeardley Love's funeral! Something needs to be done about this, they have gone too far! This is a tragic death and so many people are mourning the loss of this young woman. What are these sick and twisted people trying to prove?

Stanley gow   May 7th, 2010 2:10 am ET

May the good LORD keep her safe til we meet again.

Lori - Justice For Michael   May 7th, 2010 3:57 am ET

Such a tragic loss for her family and those that loved her. May God Bless you and give you peace and understanding.

Jediel Isuwa Sal   May 7th, 2010 4:49 am ET

How i wish we men could just control our temper just a little. My the lord give you the parent and love once the heart and courage to bear the lost.

Threresa   May 7th, 2010 7:09 am ET

When you lose a child...eventually you get on with your life but there is ahole in your heart that will remain there for the rest of your life. Physically she was a beautiful young woman and by the sounds of it just as beautiful on the inside. Why anyone would have cut her life much too soon is just unimagineable!!!

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   May 7th, 2010 7:42 am ET

My heart goes out to the family of this beautiful young lady, whose life was brutally taken from her. I can't imagine what her family must be going through. Just cherish the time you had with her and celebrate her life. May our Heavenly Father comfort you, until you meet again.

God Bless.

Ted   May 7th, 2010 8:20 am ET

I feel sorry for the family, what a great loss.

However, should this sorrow not be private and not spread out all over the world?
Is somebody writing a book and this is a free advertising? Larry sells a lot of books in his show lately.

gerald Jolly   May 7th, 2010 5:50 pm ET

George, A.K.A. the rapist killer, is a pewrfect example of what's wrong with our Universities.

A star athlete, is entitled to have whatever he wants.

This is tragic, and it ended in someone being killed, but for every one that dies, ten more suffer silently, rather than to admit to the sexual abusive encounters they bring onto themselves.

Our Universities have become breeding grounds for the elitist sport JOCKS to be the campus HEROES and heaven help those that get in the way of that.

When was the last time that any of you read or heard a story about some graduate being honored for a 5 pt. GPA, I dont think anybody could answer that in the affermative.

If one reads the stories in todays headlines we will read about Taylor raping a 16 year old girl and denying that he raped her, we will read about a gifted athlete doing serious drugs, we will read about a theoligy student having a sexual affair with his professor, and none of us will pay any attention to that, because it damages our image of our campus heroes,

SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Susan   May 8th, 2010 1:13 am ET

I am a mother of a 20 yr. college student. I do not know this family at all but, when I heard this on the news I was so saddened. I can only imagine the pain they are feeling. Yeardley was a beautiful girl with a beautiful life ahead of her. What a true loss here on earth. I pray that the judicial system gives the maximum sentence of life in prison or I will loose all faith. This cycle of abuse has got to stop!

To the Love family, my deepest condolences from my family...A sorrow shared, is a sorrow halved...and may help to lighten the load a little bit!

Dodie   May 8th, 2010 1:47 am ET

@ Threresa

Beautifullly stated.

The loss of a child will leave a hole in one's heart in which they bleed emotions for many years and most often, the rest of their life!

Theresa, wishing you a wonderful weekend

@ Gerald:

Thank you! That was a wonderful post by you. So much passion and understanding!

Ellis Island   May 9th, 2010 2:49 pm ET

Mothers and Fathers, please listen up after this unconscienable tragedy. How we raise our boys to treat girls is critical to an emotionally and physically positive relationship. I cannot believe there were not signs of this brute's aggressiveness and utter disrespect for the opposite sex, and if there were, why no intervention before this happened??

I hope the Love family will be surrounded and protected by their family and friends. I hope their hearts can heal, and the hurt lessen one day. I do not know how a parent or sibling survives this type of devastation. I will pray for all of you.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter