CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

April 26, 2010

Source: Bret Michaels was in excruciating pain

Posted: 10:44 AM ET

via people.com

As Bret Michaels continues to be watched closely by his doctors, a source reveals the rocker's excruciating moments before he was taken to the emergency room.

According to the source, Michaels, 47, said the headache that prompted him to call for an ambulance felt "like [getting] hit in the head with a baseball bat over and over again."

Often referred to by doctors as a "thunderclap headache" because of the intensity and suddenness of the pain, such headaches are a tell-tale symptom of the kind of brain hemorrhage that Michaels suffered.

The source close to the situation adds, "Bret is still in ICU. He still has the headache and is heavily sedated."

(READ MORE)

Filed under: CNN • Entertainment • Music

gerald Jolly   April 26th, 2010 11:00 am ET

I have never detested a person as much as I detest Bret Michaels, particularly with his dumd show about youg woman wanting him.

How could a sane woman want a drug addisted creep, that is so narcistic that he considers himself God's gift to women.

The stupid kerchief he wears on his head under his dumb hat is probably the cause of his brain hemorage.

Or maybe it that stupid swelled head he has that caused the problem.

Bu I believe it's the overdose of cocaine, speed and and Meth, that caused the problem.

If I had my wish, it would be.

"MAY HE REST IN PEACE"

Cindy   April 26th, 2010 11:31 am ET

Bret seems like a nice person and a good father. I hope he can make a fully recovery.

JR   April 26th, 2010 11:49 am ET

My prayers are with Bret and his family, that God will heal him.

Maria Copelli   April 26th, 2010 12:01 pm ET

I hope Brett will get the best medical and emotional he;lp available.I whope the best outcome for him and his entire family!Love Maria c.

Debbie K.   April 26th, 2010 12:09 pm ET

I myself am sorry to say that I dont follow his music and know very little of him, I got to know him from Celebrity Apprentice and was moved by his kindness and love for his daughter when he found out about her illness with Diabetes. I am praying strong for Bret and his family and hope for a speedy recovery.

Jeff   April 26th, 2010 12:32 pm ET

gerald Jolly – You are a loser! Seems your life is going and your are jealous. The guy is making a good honest living and you want to bring him down when he might die. What a piece of crap you are! Get a job and stop being jealous.

Lori - Justice For Michael   April 26th, 2010 12:51 pm ET

Prayers for Brett's recovery and prayers for his family members during this difficult time.

flexx   April 26th, 2010 1:45 pm ET

GET better BRETT! fan since the 80's!!

Theresa   April 26th, 2010 1:50 pm ET

@ Gerald Jolly..you should be ashamed of yourself. If you don't like him can you not for a change just skip the subject & just not post. Whether you like him or not...he almost died ..so could you just pay some respect!!!

Theresa   April 26th, 2010 1:55 pm ET

@ Gerald Jolly...out of curiosity..is there anything in this world that has ever made you happy...if there is please meditate & think those thoughts. Thank you!!!

Cajazz76:24:8   April 26th, 2010 1:55 pm ET

gerald Jolly,

Would I be correct in assuming you may have been consuming an inebriating substance while you were composing your opinion? You have many good qualities that many fail to see in your blogs. Like you, Bret Michaels, although he is living life to its fullest, has equally good facets in his personality. They may not be as polished as yours, but he certainly has demonstrated he has the basic goodwill incorporated in his lifestyle that we all should possess. I personally am a bit envious of the broad range of activities he enjoys. Like all who wish him well and a speedy and complete recovery, would you extend your warm and gracious felicitations for the good he has done and a speedy recovery to get well? 'I Hope' you reveal to the masses that below than thin armor is really 'St. Theresa just playing the Ogre'. My warmest wishes to you and I am 'Semper Fi', as you would well expect. Cheers, I would enjoy tipping or toking a few with you if the opportunity should arise. Take care Gerald and stay jolly....its good for the head.

To Bret I extend my deepest concern for your well-being and a complete and speedy recovery so you can return to the stage to entertain the masses and continue your philanthropic efforts to eliminate the scourge of diabetes.

Dodie   April 26th, 2010 3:06 pm ET

Anyone who has ever experienced a full blown migraine headache or even worse "thunderclap headache" knows the unthinkable pain the person is in not to mention the threat to life. To Bret Michaels and his family, my hope and wish for a speedy recovery.

JIM CARROLL   April 26th, 2010 4:13 pm ET

HAS THE NEWS MEDIA NEVER READ ARTICLE 1, SECTION 8, OF THE CONSTITUTION?
If they have, they should know that the Federal Government has all the power it needs to control the money supply; and to create all the money needed to exchange all the goods and services that the hands and minds of people can produce. They should know that the hands of the Government should not be tied when it comes to bailing out the uncontrolled Free Market Capitalist in
order to save the whole economy. Read more at the internetfreepress.com.

Tina   April 26th, 2010 4:44 pm ET

gerald u should be shot and hung for saying that about bret... people like u should just keep your mouth shut..Hope u feel well soon Bret ...thoughts are with your family.

CHM   April 26th, 2010 5:06 pm ET

My thoughts and prayers go out to Bret and his family. I did not know much about him until I caught a couple episodes of The Apprentice. Bret seems like a very nice person.

Smith in Oregon   April 26th, 2010 5:20 pm ET

Perhaps I went to a different medical school than the MD quoted in this article? The BRAIN itself has no sense of pain, the brain wouldn't feel veins in the brain that were leaking or exploding over a heavy dose of crank or cocaine. Other areas' however can and do feel pain, the eyes for example are impacted when a really heavy spike in blood pressure occurs in the cranial area.

Cajazz76:24:8   April 26th, 2010 5:21 pm ET

@JIM CARROLL

As always, off subject and self-servicing.

gerald Jolly   April 26th, 2010 5:57 pm ET

@ Tina, if and I mean "IF" Bret gets better, I'm sure he will thank you personally for your support.

I bet you wish you could have gone on his SEX SHOW, and been made a fool of, just like the other young ladies had to suffer.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! "BRET" I love you kerchief and dumb straw hat.

NOT.

gerald Jolly   April 26th, 2010 5:59 pm ET

@ Theresa,

AHHHH! thank you so much for thinking of me and my thoughts.

YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY.

"NOT"

gerald Jolly   April 26th, 2010 6:01 pm ET

@ Theresa,

ANY MAN THAT THINKS IT'S O.K. AND FUNNY TO DEMEEN WOMEN, MAKES IT TO THE TOP OF MY "WANT TO HURT LIST".

Cathy   April 26th, 2010 8:11 pm ET

How sad that CNN allows some of these blogs to remain on LKL, and how sad that some who consider themselves intelligent and perhaps even good people would lower themselves to align time and time again with those blogging with such ugly hearts.

Bob Henderson   April 26th, 2010 9:07 pm ET

Bret, My prayers are to God for your recovery. May God confort you and heal you . Bob Henderson

glenna   April 26th, 2010 9:33 pm ET

He has a brain aneurysm he is not dead he is being watched closely. People can survive this. it all depends on age and he is young . my mom was 49. having good drs. I think he can afford to have good drs. My mom was lucky to have great drs. and if they find it where it is and repair it. he can have a full and wonderful life. just ask my mom who is still alive after 16 years. and counting.
check out other sources to find info like "the stroke foundation" and the Joe neiko foundation. Where they are doing research in just this so people can ... and my mom says the same thing. so wish him well and a speedy recovery!!!!

Lawanna   April 27th, 2010 2:53 am ET

Um, so Mr. gerald Jolly,

I have to ask you 4 questions...

#1 What makes you think Bret was demeaning those women? They gave full consent and was eager to be on the show with Bret. Bret has two beautiful daughters so he would not ever intentionally demean a woman and those daughters are the main reason he, note this word now..."entertained" us with the show and why he earns a good honest living "entertaining" large crowds of fans who are in large part composed of thousands of women...#2..So why would he want to demean them?

#3 Do you think that what you might call a "nice girl" would ever want to be with someone as callous, rude, and insensitive as you make yourself seem by your immature (not sure just how old you really are, sound like a teenager) posts more than Bret???

I would say take a good look at your hand..while one is pointing at Bret, the other four are pointing back directly at you! Oh and by the way, funny how Bret just got more publicity by you posting about him..Way to go my man...Way to go and thanks..Now maybe more people will pray for him and you!

Ok, I have had my say and I will throw in a good prayer for you as well, while I am busy praying for Bret! Cheers and may God bless your mealy mouth with better words and more compassion in your heart in the future! We all make our mistakes bro and I just forgave you for dissing a man who is fighting for his life right now...#4 Would you like it if it were you???

Cajazz76:24:8   April 27th, 2010 1:14 pm ET

gerald Jolly

"There is a thorn in every rose"...come on back and show the world you have the compassion that many in this blog have and that your not confined to the 'black hole' of insensitivity..

Ms2U   April 27th, 2010 2:20 pm ET

This is to Gerald Jolly..... May something like this never happen to your family...You selfesh bastard...I hope you suffer through life for many years to come

Jeff   May 3rd, 2010 12:24 pm ET

gerald Jolly is a LOSER! Men like woman obviously you don't!!!! Any man would jumped at the opportunity to be on Rock of Love and get paid for it!!! You must be gay and unemployed!!!

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter