CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

April 22, 2010

ICYMI – Tom Sizemore: Cocaine was like 'Christmas'

Posted: 10:33 AM ET
Lana Russo   April 22nd, 2010 12:46 pm ET

Nice interview Larry , just to let you know that I have watched Celebrity Rehab and Sober House , and I have been pulling for Tom ! I am a fan of his and so HAPPY to see such a tremendous physical and mental change in him ! Thanks Larry !

Cajazz76:24:8   April 22nd, 2010 3:28 pm ET

Sizemore...did you mean to say SNOW?

susie   April 22nd, 2010 4:06 pm ET

Where did the comments go that were here yesterday after the show?

Joe G. (Illinois)   April 22nd, 2010 7:14 pm ET

Without the help of Jesus Christ you can’t get rid of the devil..

I’m sorry Mr. Tom Sizemore, but that goes for you too and there are no two ways about it.. Those rehab retreats that you and others go to are a waste of time and money. They do nothing more than to give you painful withdraw symptom and switch you from one sin or “Addiction” to another sin or “Addiction.”

You really only need to be honest with Jesus Christ, recognize him as your Lord and ask him to cleanse you of evil. But be honest..! Otherwise... you be better off keep fooling yourself as you do and keep watching the clock for the next hour or next moment for when you relapse into your old ways.

Thank you and good day.

Joe G. (Illinois)   April 22nd, 2010 7:21 pm ET

One sin or “Addiction” for another. At least while it last..!

lynda fulton   April 22nd, 2010 10:44 pm ET

Mr. King, Thank-you for your show last evening. To anyone who is medically unclear, addiction is recognized by the AMA as a disease. To Mr. Sizemore my sincere gratitude for sharing your experience, strength and hope. I know how difficult it is being newly sober and putting one foot in front of the other nonetheless, doing an interview. My suggestion to you is PLEASE don't over do it with jumping back into your career full throttle...if at any time you feel your sobriety is in jeopardy please listen to what your dr. says...you are very blessed to have Dr. Drew as your physician and your buddy having your back. I know first hand for myself and losing almost everything do to my daughter's addictions. It is a painful journey at times but it does get easier one day at a time. And to the individual who wrote the last blog, I love Jesus too and I've made poor choices as to this journey...but thank God I have a personal relationship in which Jesus blessed me with forgiveness, a wonderful rehab which enabled me to pick myself up and dust myself off and learn about the disease, and showed how He saw me and how I could learn to love myself again and live life with hope, joy and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, LOVE.

Rob   April 23rd, 2010 1:26 pm ET

Tom Sizemore,to anyone familiar with his work,is a gifted actor who we should all pull for in his battle to stay straight. A good interview by Mr. King! Most of us have friends or family who struggle with similar demons and we see how incredible hard it is.Mr.Sizemore,good luck to you and hopping for a great revival of your career!

gerald Jolly   April 23rd, 2010 5:22 pm ET

@ lynda fulton.

As you have expressed, you have a personal relationship with Jesus.

Please tell me, and I'm sure you would know.

Did Jesus snort cocaine when he was on earth, is this how he was able to do all those miracles??

I'm not sure, but did they have cocaine in Israel wheh he was there, or was all that cocaine in Rome.

gerald Jolly   April 23rd, 2010 6:17 pm ET

It always amazes me how the law equates marijuana with cocaine.

In my opinion cocaine is and should be a criminal act to use or possess.

Althought there is absolutely no evidence that marijuana has any adverse effect of the body that is comparable to Herion or Cocaine.

It has been medically proven, that cigarettes and alcohol are far more dangerous to our health than marijuana ever could be.

Should a person using marijuana for medical purposes or even for self enhancement be considered a criminal??

Why is there such a backlash from the law makers when the issue of legalizing marijuana is suggested.

In my opinion, 90% of Americans have used or are using or have experimented with marijuana, even our President admits that he once tried in while in college.

Why cant we Americans get a straight answer from our law makers as to why they're dragging their feet on the issue of legalizing marijuana, therefore freeing our police departments and court system to address much more serious issues.

In mid-2009 a survey was conducted about legalizing marijuana and the cost attributed to policing, prosecuting and jailing persons for using marijuana, and the report reported that the cost of making marijuana abcriminal offence was costing U.S. tax payers $4,1 billion dollars annually.

The last known case of a person under the influence of marijuana that was attributal to causing death was in 1998, whilw in that same year 2,780 persons died because of alcohol related reasons.

The cost to the insurance industry of accident claims related to the use of marijuana are non existant according to the report, while the cost of insurance claims relating to alcohol exceeded $3 billion dollars,

My question is. "ARE WE TRULY BEING SERVED AND REPRESENTED BY OUR LAW MAKERS"??

Or is their an undisclosed immoral reason for criminalizing marijuana.

Something in our legal systems "STINKS" and the people must rise up and question their politically appointed representatives.

Some reading this blog would say that my only reason for writing this blog is because I am a user of marijuana, and my answer to those folks is "NO I DO NOT USE MARIJUANA", but I do enjoy my beer.

Any comments would be appreciated on this matter.

Simo   April 26th, 2010 5:44 pm ET

Tommy –

Hopefully you see this post – Your boys in Detroit are pulling for you.

We love you brother. Hang in there. You have taken the first step.

Proud of you man.

Thanks for helping through T.S. Elliot

Chris   April 27th, 2010 4:07 pm ET

Wish you would rebroadcast this show. I missed it the first time.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter