CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

April 21, 2010

Susan Boyle's autobiography coming this fall

Posted: 11:52 AM ET

via EW.com

Susan Boyle, already the subject of two reverie-themed books (this past February’s authorized Dreams Can Come True, and the unsanctioned Susan Boyle: Living the Dream: The Biography of Britain’s Incredible Singing Sensation) will finally tell her own story in The Woman I was Born to Be, due this fall.

Publisher Atria has bought the U.S. rights to the 49-year-old Scottish songbird’s memoir for an undisclosed amount. According to Bookseller.com, Boyle said, “”When I strutted onto the stage for that audition, I was a scared wee lassie, still grieving for my mother, not caring how I looked. I think I’ve grown up a lot in the last year, become more of a lady, and I’m not so frightened anymore.

“I’m writing this book to try to show that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, and I hope it will benefit other people. My story demonstrates that you shouldn’t just look at the label, you should look at the whole person, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually, and I hope that telling it will show that dreams are not impossible, if you’ve got courage and a willingness to go on no matter what the circumstances.”

Filed under: Entertainment • Susan Boyle

Gerald Jolly   April 21st, 2010 12:45 pm ET

My God, must we endure more of this B.S.

Larry, you've got to get new producers and have a better idea what your staff are doing to your ratings.

Dodie   April 21st, 2010 1:19 pm ET

Susan Boyle came from out of the blue and due to her spectacular voice, made a name for herself. I am so impressed that this woman has the courage to stand up and Not succumb to the "plastic life" by having "plastic surgery" like everyone else. All celebrities must attend the same group of plastic surgeons as their mouth, nose and eyes seem to be taken from the same mold! I am beginning to have problems differentiating one celebrity from the other as they all look the same. I guess one could attribute this to poor eyesight....... No, on further observation, they all do look the same, just different hair and eye color.

The only change Susan Boyle made was hair, make-up and yes, botox! I am sure she has been relentlessly advised to go under the "knife" in which Susan Boyle obviously expresses a firm "No"

Candy°°   April 21st, 2010 1:22 pm ET

"I’m writing this book to try to show that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, and I hope it will benefit other people. My story demonstrates that you shouldn’t just look at the label, you should look at the whole person, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually, and I hope that telling it will show that dreams are not impossible, if you’ve got courage and a willingness to go on no matter what the circumstances.”

So wonderfully said, Susan – pity that some brainwashed still cannot get the message ... But I guess poor them can't do much about it, thinking & feeling is not everyone's thing ...

Shelli Misoyianis   April 21st, 2010 3:11 pm ET

Susan, you inspire me more than you know! I can relate to you in so many ways! Thank you so much for blessing the world with your remarkable talent, courage, strength, and humility. TRUE BEAUTY really does come from within. God Bless you! oxoxox😀😀

Expat American   April 21st, 2010 3:12 pm ET

Susan Boyle has a beautiful singing voice...that may have never been recognized. I’m glad that it was. How many more talented people exist out there that will never be discovered – simply because of what the world sees on the outside?

In America, the Lindsay Hiltons are placed on pedestals – not for having any talent because they have none...They are loved but for being drunk and stepping out of their fancy sports cars on the day they purposely forgot to wear their undies....

Thank God for Little Girls and God Bless America.

Charles   April 21st, 2010 3:13 pm ET

Dodie,
I guess you didn't take a good luck at Jane Fonda who looks fabulous after her surgery and also very natural. Surgeons make a difference; like everything, you get what you pay for. I can only think of a few of the actors and actresses who have had surgery and something went wrong.
My wife has had surgery and she looks great and it's just a personal choice that she made and we paid for it. The nice thing about that kind of surgery is that those choosing to have it don't take the taxpayers or insurance companies for a ride.
Susan has only been in the spotlight a year; whose to say she won't have surgery someday. Right now she doesn't need it; maybe losing a few pounds would be good for her health but she looks great. Don't be so harsh all of the time. Why not pay her a compliment without dragging in the idea of surgery and then condemning those who have it, which has nothing to do with the post. My wife just said "with her constant criticism of the any American who thinks differently than she, she drains me of all the refreshing thoughts this post on Susan Boyle brought me." She doesn't blog any more.

We love Susan Boyle! We also love Dolly Parton who is such a smart, gracious lady; we don't care about the surgery she's had. It's what we are as people that counts.

Dodie   April 21st, 2010 4:07 pm ET

@ Charles

You have devoted an entire paragraph on an issue I never presented. I am now wondering why you did this. First, I thought you might be a plastic surgeon and did not want to lose any business. Did I ever say the plastic surgeries looked bad or horrible? No!!!! So why are you bringing this up?

I just commented that I could no longer tell the celebrities apart because of the plastic surgeries. By the way, that is a common joke in Hollywood! Obviously you are unaware of that!!!!!

Yes, it is a choice; however, celebrity women are always under duress about the ideal of 'perfection' when it comes to looks as a means to save their job. In other words, if they begin to look average, they risk the collapse of their career.

It takes courage to be yourself and accept who you are without having surgery. We are a nation addicted to perfection! We spend thousands of dollars to look good on the outside while we are shriveling on the inside.

I have no idea of your perception... however my statement of: "I applaud her willingness to stay away from "plastic" surgery and sticking to her values. This makes her genuinely a very unique individual, and one I have the up-most respect!" I consider very positive.

By the way, any surgery is hard on your body. Any time you undergo anesthesia, there is always a risk of coma! How would you feel if your wife ended up in a coma for the rest of your life because she wanted to look good?

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   April 21st, 2010 10:09 pm ET

Yes, I think if plastic surgery is done properly, it can be a bonus. But aren't we supposed to age gracefully. It is like cheating, lol.

Now on Susan Boyle, well bless her, she is an inspiration. I do like the make-overs she gets and they really do give her a lift. But I would equally like her the way that she is........with or without it.

Susan is amazing and quite a character as well. She makes me laugh and cry and so down-to earth. Wish her all the best for the future!

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   April 21st, 2010 10:12 pm ET

I forgot to say as well........ that Susan Boyle is a breath of fresh air.......and her autobiography should be an interesting read. God bless you Susan!

Cajazz76:24:8   April 22nd, 2010 12:56 am ET

@Charles

Joe Kennedy made lobotomy popular when he was able to transform a child he wanted new and improved. Maybe attitudes and personalities can be altered to suit your clothes. A wrinkled persona before wash day and a stick in your posterior on Monday morning...perfect! Don't you think it would serve us all much better to have a weekday engineered and altered body rather than a real life style unaltered? How boring right?

care bear   April 22nd, 2010 4:02 am ET

Looking forward to your book Susan. Your an inspiration.🙂

carebear777   April 22nd, 2010 4:38 am ET

Susan is a real inspiration to me. Should she ever read this blog, I extend my full congratulations on her book, and also for her singing career.

JoJo   April 22nd, 2010 7:20 am ET

Forget about that plastic surgery. I have been using pure yeast mask on my face, twice a week and my face is been stretch up to my ears. Good old fashion face cover mask that was used 3000 years ago. At 64 my face wrinkle are almost gone.

Ted   April 22nd, 2010 8:33 am ET

@ Dodie

I agree with you 100%, nothing is uglier than people with no noses, blownup lips and breasts that look like two ballons.
Meg Ryan was a favorit actress of mine before she got her lips filled with plastic and lost so much weight that she could act as a Biafra refugee, (anybody can remember the femine in Biafra?).
What a way to ruin a natural beauty.

@ cajazz

You crack me up every day with your way of words!!

Cindy   April 22nd, 2010 9:26 am ET

I agree with Charles in that this topic was about Susan Boyle, not plastic surgery. But once again, some seem unable to just say something positive and move on. Susan Boyle is great; I love her music and it's a reminder that it's never too late to pursue one's dream.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter