CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

April 21, 2010

And then there were seven... Gosselin gets booted from 'DWTS'

Posted: 07:41 AM ET

And then there were seven.

After a night of performances — from the tango to the fox trot — to songs from movies like Risky Business, Pulp Fiction and The Breakfast Club, another star contestant and their pro partner were sent home Tuesday night on Dancing with the Stars.

Keep reading to find out who it was …

It had been a struggle from Day One for Kate Gosselin, and now it’s finally over for the reality show mom of eight.

With a tissue in hand, she said, “To fans: Thank you for believing in me more than I believed in myself.”

(read more from PEOPLE)

DO YOU THINK THIS WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE? ARE YOU GLAD TO SEE KATE GONE, OR SHOULD SHE HAVE CONTINUED ON THE SHOW? WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Filed under: Dancing With The Stars • Entertainment • Hollywood • Kate Gosselin

Gerald Jolly   April 21st, 2010 8:59 am ET

This orning, one of the happiest persons in the world is THERESA.

She has realized her most treasured hope.

KATE'S GONE.

HAPPY NOW THERESA????

Nana   April 21st, 2010 10:23 am ET

One of the joys of watching this show is seeing people grow and develop their potential. I am sorry to see her go; she was just beginning to relax and enjoy it. It is like watching a flower bud come out; the bud has been snipped off before it fully developed.. However I think it was the wrong time in her life to take on such a project.

Ted   April 21st, 2010 10:25 am ET

It is not enough to have a name recoignized by many, one should be able to dance just a bit!!
Kate has two left legs, both made out of wood, and before the show she swallowed a 2 x 4.
It is a shame to be able to make big money by showing off seven kids and hopping around without any talent.

lola   April 21st, 2010 12:50 pm ET

Good Riddance! Go home and take care of your brood. Your 15 minutes are up – hopefully!

Dodie   April 21st, 2010 1:25 pm ET

@ lola

I could not have expressed my sediments any better than your statement. Thank you!!!

MsNomerNAzona   April 21st, 2010 1:56 pm ET

This Kate woman is such a bore. What is the facination of a woman who had hormone therapies to give birth...had all that brood and then imposes her terrible existance on us through the media....give me a break and let her disappear.

Charles   April 21st, 2010 3:19 pm ET

Kate just had no talent for DWTS, same as Buzz. I have never watched one of Kate's shows with her family but apparently she has a lot of fans given she was able to stay a few weeks even without any talent. I think her partner was even starting to feel sorry for her as a result of all the negative press she was receiving about her dancing. However, he probably is glad it's over. It's tough to teach someone something for which they have zero ability.

christine canada   April 21st, 2010 4:04 pm ET

It's about time!!!! She completely lacks any dancing talent and she is seemed to rely on the pity vote. Her negative attitude, "me-itis" and eye-rolling have been unbearable.

Our society these days seems to breed and reward mediocrity.

Annette   April 21st, 2010 6:27 pm ET

She was just there for the money. I wonder why she couldn't just loosen up and just dance. But, it is interesting to see someone who has had great success in life (hit show, cheerleader, successful nurse, author, etc.) be completely inept in one particular area.

sheila crone   April 21st, 2010 7:57 pm ET

I don't understand the "Kate Hate." Any other woman who takes her kids to work with her would be praised. But, no, not this one. So she took fertility drugs. What of it? She's high-strung. Is she the only mother with 8 kids to support to be cranky and pushy to make a living? At least it's honorable work. She's not asking you for your tax money to take care of her kids or herself. You've never "eye-rolled.?"
She's forcing herself on you? Get real. She's not in your living room changing tv channels. She's making an honest living for herself and family.

mary u from ohio   April 21st, 2010 9:58 pm ET

Good Riddens to Kate... Now Kate go back home too your kids

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   April 21st, 2010 10:26 pm ET

People be nice please. Go easy. I would like to see you get on there and see how you go. Just might end up flat on your faces. You can't win in this world sometimes it seems.

Donald L Allen   April 21st, 2010 11:57 pm ET

you seam like the kind of girl I wood like to go out with see I talk to all of the putter girl and I no you or one of them well I want to no what you think about roller on CNN and what he is saying what is good about OBAMA what do you think he is good four and well you go out with me to night see the love in my heart see way I wood like you can you feel me the thing I wood not say to you the first time we met way am I back were I don't no but well you tell me what you think so on and the thing we can do if we or in the same place let me no what you think see you My love or you in love see you be good tell Janey I said Hello you no with the ferris gum that is my Janie PS hop you don,t take it wrong see you Donald L Allen what what they do and copy cat right it at the pall it what people do it what there good at right see if there rely doing any thing if you see me you no how is doing most of it right see you

dora rice   April 22nd, 2010 12:26 am ET

I just can't believe how mean people are these days. How can someone not wish luck to Kate and her children? Whether she was a good dancer or not, why are people so mean. It must be because people are just plain bitter and also they do not grow up anymore with ethics. That is so sad. The woman has done nothing to no one except she wants to make a buck for her kids. She is pretty, she is nice and most people are against any woman who has a lot of children. Same with Octo Mom, People actally start to hate Kids or they would wish nothing but the best, even females like Joh Behar are cynical about Kate, although they didn't always in their lives did well. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. To provit from the vulnerabilities of others.

Theresa   April 22nd, 2010 3:54 am ET

@ Dora Rice.....one of my reasons for not being a Ms Gosselin fan ..is because that woman does not take any responsibility for anything. I'm sorry ..but why would you go on a dancing show if you had absolutely no inclination to dance. I mean if she would have given any type of effort ,that's a different story. The only thing that matters to her re: mothering is THINGS...only material things. She never gives her nannies any credit..oh,no ..it's I have to do it all by myself. If this woman had any type of talent..that's fine ..she doesn't. Yes, working is fine but when up tpo now 90 % of her work was because of these children..,that's sad. This last book she writes personal letters to her 8..for the entire world to see(if you're so inclined to buy the book.) The 1st book was all about her pregnancy with the tups,if she's such a great author then find another topic. Pam Anderson is also a mother ,the only time she talked of her sons was when she was asked about them. Kate is NOT on my hate list...that would be foolish if I allowed a reality supposed celeb irrtate me to that point. Havwe you watched any of her old shows ..listen & view how much respect she gives to those children . When she was on her 1st book tour .....how often was she home ,that's when she didn't call home too often...now that's a loving mom ..when she can't phone home on a regular basis. She thought nothing of leaving her ex with the brood for that length of time , all the while she was shopping, doing those darn .ol' interviews all the while in her bodyguard's company. She loves the fame ...oh,please when you have to turn on the media to see what kind of a day you'll have..I have no words to say. Why when the children were in \california did she have to take them to Disneyworld..they've to places like that many times. If time was so limited ...then spend quiet times with them. No, she had to go out so, the media could catch the brood of 8. Did you see any pics of it..Kate of course looked frazzled..maybe then when she went on DWTS she could proclaim how exhausted she was ..since she did her mommy duties to take them to Disneyworld. She once again proved to her children thaae as a reality celeb family could just buttinto 1st place in line to anger the people that had been standing I'm sure with THEIR beloved children for hours before the :8: were even there.

Dodie   April 23rd, 2010 11:38 am ET

@ Theresa

You are right on target. ........ It is, "all about Kate!" I call that a classic narcissistic P.D. No credit given to the nannies who are actually raising her children. She will continue to find a spot light somewhere. Unfortunately, these people do not like to take a back seat to anything. They are addicted to the 'shining star" Unfortunately we will always be blessed viewing her face somewhere....

It will always be... "all about Kate"

sandylu   April 23rd, 2010 1:27 pm ET

First she needs grow up.... stop all the whining,,if I whined everytime things didnt go my way ,,wah,,,would cry all time,,,,she s a beautiful lady,,she just has issues she needs to get over,,,,,be thankful all her children are healthy and she at least has a roof over their heads,,some dont even have that,,,i admire her for trying on DWTS,,but its,,,,, over so get over it,,,,,

katiebird   April 24th, 2010 1:04 pm ET

I hate to see her go. She was coming around. Please leave her alone. That dead beat x husband is not going to make any money He is jealous of her and what she is doing. Someone needs to help feed these kids

Bob Watson   April 24th, 2010 1:15 pm ET

Thank god she is gone with her tissues. She should have been let go right after Buzz (God love him). At least her departure restores some credibility to the scoring system even though we all know how much of a popularity contest this DWTS has evolved in to. Popularity means numbers of fans and the sponsors love that, of course.

The Analyst   April 25th, 2010 4:59 am ET

At last! Kate's "dancing" didn't even qualify as desultory. What the %$*$ did she think she was doing; and why did the producers tolerate her would-be diva? VERY good riddance.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter